Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
If we're moving down to two cars a month, do some of you think we're getting close to the next Forza game? Such as FH5 which was rumored for a 2021 release?

I definitely think Forza Motorsport will come first, because it was announced first. PG hasn’t even announced anything. For this reason the rumors aren’t very convincing.

My main concern with two cars per month would be the even slower pace at which long-anticipated cars may arrive in FH4. That said, I’m sure there will still be forthcoming updates bringing more than two cars, but two could very well become the norm from now on.

Seriously, we need more 360 era cars from Forza's past!
Don’t even get me started. Corvair, 2nd-gen Barracuda, Pinto...

There's been nothing official to suggest FH5 is confirmed to be in development aside from rumors here and there.
There’s no heckin’ way Horizon 5 isn’t in development. By the time we get an announcement, the game is usually six months out from release. There’s already a year and a half to two years work invested in the game. Even with the pandemic, there’s just no way PG and T10 are going to let their biggest title sit idle.

I definitely think Forza Motorsport will come first, because it was announced first. PG hasn’t even announced anything. For this reason the rumors aren’t very convincing.
FM Rebooted looks it will not be ready until at least 2022. FH5 will make a lot of sense to come before it. With GT7 and NFS 2021 out of the picture, it should allow T10 to continue developing it. 👍

Meanwhile, as @Populuxe Cowboy pointedout, it's been two years (soon to be three) we've been with FH4. Usually every two years we will have a new Forza game announced, and this year could (or might) be the perfect time to bring out one.

After all, I very much doubt PG were sitting around NOT developing the next game while supporting this one, even during the pandemic. ;)

FM Rebooted looks it will not be ready until at least 2022. FH5 will make a lot of sense to come before it. With GT7 and NFS 2021 out of the picture, it should allow T10 to continue developing it. 👍

Meanwhile, as @Populuxe Cowboy pointedout, it's been two years (soon to be three) we've been with FH4. Usually every two years we will have a new Forza game announced, and this year could (or might) be the perfect time to bring out one.

After all, I very much doubt PG were sitting around NOT developing the next game while supporting this one, even during the pandemic. ;)

FH5 this year is a possibility, but I think it comes down to..

Is FH5 being developed next-gen only, using the new Forza-tech engine that's being worked on for FM Next by Turn 10 or..

Is FH5 still planning to be a cross-gen title, still releasing on XB1, Xbox One X as well as the Series S/X.

If it is the latter, then I can see FH5 coming out in 2021. But I'd expect it to be similar to FH4 as it'll be built on the same/very similar engine.

If it is the former then there is no way FH5 is coming in 2021. More like 2023 probably.

This decision was probably made close after FH4 was finished, I feel like with all the support FH4 has gotten, its more likely FH5 is being developed on this new engine and it won't be coming for a long time. Especially with COVID affecting game development and many titles getting delayed out of 2021. Who knows though.

If FH5 is to come out this year, support for FH4 better stop shortly. FH4 still has a really active playerbase and is coming to steam in like 6 days. Doesn't really seem like support is done just yet. Usually they give it a year of no updates before the next Forza so they'll be cutting it very close if they do plan to bring FH5 out this year.

I honestly wouldn't mind either situation but would prefer to have FH4 continue to get support for the rest of this year and FH5 be a next-gen only title coming in 2023. With a true generational leap. We'll see though

T10 wouldn't be sitting around either, so what is it that makes people think Horizon can be developed on a shorter cycle than FM? Why wouldn't the same reasons FM has been in development for this amount of time also affect FH?

T10 wouldn't be sitting around either, so what is it that makes people think Horizon can be developed on a shorter cycle than FM? Why wouldn't the same reasons FM has been in development for this amount of time also affect FH?

More or less my thoughts as well. Turn 10 is rebooting FM for the Series X, which apparently takes some time. For all we know PG may be doing the same with their next Forza game.

T10 wouldn't be sitting around either,
I never said they were sitting around doing nothing, did I? Based on its trailer in 2020 FM Rebooted looks to be far away in development. Sure the same can apply to FH5 but we don't know that for sure, since they haven't announced anything yet.

so what is it that makes people think Horizon can be developed on a shorter cycle than FM? Why wouldn't the same reasons FM has been in development for this amount of time also affect FH?
Why wouldn't some of us think that? My assumption is based on the recent rumor we've gotten, so that is how I guessed we could or might (keyword: Might) see FH5 come out this year.

It only depends on the circumstances whether they have truly started over or will make it cross gen. There is no reason to think otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I would be surprised if FH5 is not a cross-gen game. There's just too much money on the table for them to make it a new console exclusive.

Not only that, but they specifically stated they wouldn't be doing new console exclusives for at least two years, iirc, when they revealed the Xbox Series X. So unless both FH5 and FM are a few years out, chances are good for at least one of them to be cross-gen.

Last edited:
If you fully upgrade the engine (up to 1290hp) and nothing else, you actually lose PI. :lol: It's useless.

I bet this was a very easy vehicle for PG to include, but at the same time...why bother? Is it really different from the other GT500 from that generation? I would have been happier with the SN95 Mustang Cobra that we had in FH3, if they just had to do another mustang. By my count there are now 19 Mustangs in the game, which seems like a little too many - it's more than the entire lineup (each) for:

Honda
Mazda
Toyota
Alfa Romeo
Aston Martin
Jaguar

Mustangs also makeup like 20% of the backstage pass cars at present.

I bet this was a very easy vehicle for PG to include, but at the same time...why bother? Is it really different from the other GT500 from that generation? I would have been happier with the SN95 Mustang Cobra that we had in FH3, if they just had to do another mustang. By my count there are now 19 Mustangs in the game, which seems like a little too many - it's more than the entire lineup (each) for:

Honda
Mazda
Toyota
Alfa Romeo
Aston Martin
Jaguar

Mustangs also makeup like 20% of the backstage pass cars at present.

All of those manufacturers are pretty criminally unrepresented in FH4, which is a shame, especially for Jag and Aston since they are UK brands set in a UK game.

It's also annoying since those marques also have lots of cars from both XB1 and X360 gen Forza not present in FH4 (aside from Jag)

Honda - 14 cars
Mazda - 14 cars
Toyota - 13 cars (somewhat understandable due to the licensing situation)
Alfa Romeo - 12 cars :(
Aston Martin - 9 cars
Jaguar - 0 cars :)

There are a couple tuner cars in there padding the numbers but there is still so much goodness just from older games, not even including new to Forza stuff from each brand.

I'm a fan of the Mustang and Camaro, but what makes me a little weary of these cars is that they are always V8 powered cars.
These cars don't only have V8 engines; the Mustang has a 2.3 Ecoboost model, and the Camaro has a 2.0 Turbo 1LE package.
These not only differentiate them from existing models, but also have the advantage of being able to be used in lower class racing events.
I am disgusted that they still do not add these models and continue to add another V8 top trim level or modified version.

And I agree that the addition of these models is so frequent that it's disgusting. (Well, not so much the Camaro...)
They are actively adding older models of the Xbox 360 era to the game, but there are still a lot of models missing.
And many of them are models that have yet to see the same model in FH4 and are very popular with the community.

We already have enough Mustang, F150, 911 (especially the 992 and later models), 356, Modern Lambo, Modern Ferrari, McLaren, and Koenigsegg.
Rather than further enriching these models, we would like to see a more aggressive addition of models that have not yet been added to the game.

I bet this was a very easy vehicle for PG to include, but at the same time...why bother? Is it really different from the other GT500 from that generation? I would have been happier with the SN95 Mustang Cobra that we had in FH3, if they just had to do another mustang.
Or 2007 GT500/2005 GT from FM4.

I'm a fan of the Mustang and Camaro, but what makes me a little weary of these cars is that they are always V8 powered cars.
These cars don't only have V8 engines; the Mustang has a 2.3 Ecoboost model, and the Camaro has a 2.0 Turbo 1LE package.
These not only differentiate them from existing models, but also have the advantage of being able to be used in lower class racing events.
I am disgusted that they still do not add these models and continue to add another V8 top trim level or modified version.

And I agree that the addition of these models is so frequent that it's disgusting. (Well, not so much the Camaro...)
They are actively adding older models of the Xbox 360 era to the game, but there are still a lot of models missing.
And many of them are models that have yet to see the same model in FH4 and are very popular with the community.

We already have enough Mustang, F150, 911 (especially the 992 and later models), 356, Modern Lambo, Modern Ferrari, McLaren, and Koenigsegg.
Rather than further enriching these models, we would like to see a more aggressive addition of models that have not yet been added to the game.

We have never seen the 4th gen Camaro/Firdbird in any Forza Horizon titles. those unloved boys...

There's not a single good angle on the Tachyon, it truly is awful to look at.

I'm really tempted to say the Tachyon is like peak conspicuously-aggro design, peak wealth inequality excess - surely a car cannot be more "-est" than the Tachyon, right? But every time I say that (like when the Zenvo whatever or W motors whatever debuted) I end up regretting that I spoke too soon. Whatever the crease & edge count of the Tachyon is, I'm sure somebody will figure out a way to double it and make the scowl look even more angry while assigning it some arbitrary level power that sounds extreme. 2000hp? Sure why not. 3000hp? Cool. If somebody released a car with 10,000hp I doubt I could be moved beyond "oh, that's neat". Ok that devolved into a bit of a rant, but the Tachyon really winds me up.

Last edited:
When Ferrari, or Porsche, or other historied brands unveil a new car we can see the history and evolution behind them. With most of these upstarts, I can only see appropriation of technology that is available (and the money to build it), but no soul... Of the modern super car companies, only Koenigsegg (due to their true technical innovations) and Pagani (for their craftmanship) truly stand out IMO.

Given their current situation with COVID-19 telecommuting and preparing for the release of the Steam version, the March update probably won't be very promising either.

Perhaps this month's update will only include two new cars and a few bug fixes. And a few new bugs.

I sincerely hope they fix the livery and vinyl group import bugs, but given the way things have been going the last few months, I've given up hope that they'll fix it yet.

Given their current situation with COVID-19 telecommuting and preparing for the release of the Steam version, the March update probably won't be very promising either.

Perhaps this month's update will only include two new cars and a few bug fixes. And a few new bugs.

I sincerely hope they fix the livery and vinyl group import bugs, but given the way things have been going the last few months, I've given up hope that they'll fix it yet.

That's what I'm expecting in all honestly. 2 cars and not much else.

Latest Posts

Back