Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
If it's the Saleen S1, it will be the first Chinese-built car in Forza, even though Saleen is an American car manufacturer. The Saleen S1 is built in Jiangsu, China.
It's not built anywhere. Saleen made the concept and a handful of cars for the Saleen Cup, then production was supposed to go to China. However, the CCP seized the factory and company, renationalised it, ejected all non-Chinese employees, and according to Steve Saleen himself stole over 500 patents filed through the joint venture.

As far as I can tell, no cars have ever been actually produced and sold.

It's not built anywhere. Saleen made the concept and a handful of cars for the Saleen Cup, then production was supposed to go to China. However, the CCP seized the factory and company, renationalised it, ejected all non-Chinese employees, and according to Steve Saleen himself stole over 500 patents filed through the joint venture.

As far as I can tell, no cars have ever been actually produced and sold.
Probably, you're right.

If it is the Saleen S1 it appears to be a view from one of the fender vents *I forgot what you call those* and the main hood vent
vaP_Y-Dn53fnoO1g8iAHL8sPne45nXySlddxTSBW_Xu6UMDTX6Pvbpao--rPj3S_uhwWeOk_2T6EnNQh08-sIdU1kwUrAVli-ZBzXM_rJIkESs3CgWQxFrBfk8PlA3g

Not from the rear like some people are thinking, especially since the rear doesn't even have a vent
2i6tu9oxab171.jpg

I believe it's from these views but facing the other way
2018-saleen-s1.jpg
hood

2018-saleen-s1.jpg
fender vent

The fender vent design matches up with the S1

Last edited:
Oh great, more vaporware...

Hey, at least the engine sound can't be criticized for being inaccurate :sly:.

Watch them use the same terrible sound they use for the new Alpine A110, Focus RS, and Audi TT S (one of like 3 generic and similarly bad turbo 4 sounds they've slapped on all of the cars). I bet you $100 that's the one they'll put on it.

Anyway, tired engine sound jokes aside, this has me wondering what other kind of cars they'll pair it with. I hope we will be able to mark more out from the ones still outstanding on the leaked list. I also hope it will be another strong month like this past one was. Maybe they'll have something special to commemorate E3 since it'll fall before the Forza Monthly after this one?

Last edited:
So it's a Chinese knock-off of an Evora?

Seems to be somewhat, with an arguably less-interesting engine (supposedly being a rear-mid-mounted 2.2-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder, which is hard to find interesting in many cars even though it is supposedly designed in-house). I don't mind the looks of it, but I won't be convinced unless: a) this car is actually produced as promised, and b) Forza doesn't use the terrible default turbo 4 sound they have like 20 cars in the game using.

Honestly, this car reminds me of the new TVR Griffith in several ways. The front ends and wheel design seem kind of similar to me, the reddish orange press color is quite similar, they're both from brands that haven't had a new car in awhile, and they've both been in production limbo for a few years. However, the TVR has a front-mid-mounted 5.0 Coyote V8 (as opposed to the 2.2 rear-mid turbo 4 in the Saleen), so maybe they'll behave differently in-game.

Also, the Wikipedia article for the Saleen is worded like it was written by some guy who was being held hostage while he wrote it. I'm not convinced this car will ever make it to production as promised.

Last edited:
So it's a Chinese knock-off of an Evora?
More like a knock-off of an Artega GT, proof of which is under the "related" section of its Wikipedia article.

The only real difference is that the Artega GT is weak sauce compared to the Saleen S1 as the former uses a Volkswagen V6 engine with nearly 300hp.

Last edited:
So the S1 is a knock-off of Artega GT which is a knock-off of Evora?

The Artega was actually first shown a year before the Evora was.

The S1 isn't a knock-off so much as a rework - I believe Saleen bought the rights to the design legitimately.

Agreed.
This car was my favorite of the FH1 Honda Car Pack.
It's not uncommon for some of the cars included in these manufacturers' marketing DLCs to be gone in the next series, but I keep hoping that this car and the #67 RMR Veloster* will return to Forza someday.

(*One of the former Hyundai car packs, and probably the most underrated modern rally car in the Forza franchise)

Last edited:
So 'preparation' time.

This week's photo challenge is photograph the car with the main Horizon Stage and two players/drivatar's.

As I usually have a solo horizon session is there any 'guaranteed; way I can get some drivatar's to appear beside the stage as I do see
them scream through the crossover from time to time but usually only one car at a time.

Any tips appreciated, if my internet is 'stable' I might get in a public session which will be easier since I most I imagine will do this early....

Very excited for the Mazdas. And the S1 doesn't look bad too. That RX3 is my favorite. But than the Cosmo.. GT nostalgia.

Latest Posts

Back