Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
This is a little-known AH technique, but the time it takes to load the AH depends on the size of the car you are currently driving.
If you are in a big car like Gurkha or Ram, the loading time will be longer, and if you are in a very small car like Peel, the loading time will be shorter.

It is unclear why this difference appears, but this technique can be used on both Xbox/PC, so if there is a car you absolutely want to snipe, take the smallest car you own.

Is the update even out yet? I tried checking on my Windows 10 laptop and I currently don't see anything - I'm still stuck on the previous update. And yes I know the new cars are coming on Thursday.

I heard the latest update broke the game on Series consoles. I haven't checked yet on Xbone. PC seems ok.

Edit: Works fine on Xbone, kind off. The loading got weird somehow. I noticed it stopped loading twice for a brief moment.

Last edited:
Honestly it's been a week and I couldn't be more grouchy about that fact nobody's picked up on this glorious trivia nugget I put in the preview article:
The most obvious one here is over on the right. While some might think the “G” represents the Ginetta logo, it’s the wrong shape and is actually the logo from the physical television game show Gladiators. That neatly dovetails with the teaser image you’ll see at the top of this article, as well as an interior shot posted to Twitter earlier in the week, showing a Jeep Gladiator in Rubicon trim. Oddly, Victoria Gay — who voices Anna in FH4 — was also the Gladiator Jazz.

I thought the Victoria Gay who is voicings Anna was white. https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Victoria-Gay/
It's actually really tricky to say for sure, because the IMDB page for Victoria Gay definitely mashes the Gladiator Jazz and the woman who played Caroline in Genie in the House together as if they're the same person when they are obviously not:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0310809/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

But I can't tell you which one was Anna in FH4 for sure. IMDB's supposed to be more definitive than that, and I thought it was amusing so I left it in, though the thought now occurs that if it's the actress rather than the gladiator then it's pretty much whitewashing the gladiator, so it's probably best for a point of amusement in the thread rather than an article.

Last edited:
20210506_162506.jpg

This week's shop is a useful one.

The Emote is the only one I didnt have as it is the one which has to be unlocked via ForzaHub. Might be useful for completing your emote collections too 👍

Neither of the cars has appeared elsewhere this year, so a good week all round for me :D

VXR
Not had a 300ZX for ages, so that is a useful offering.

I thought as much.
The Koenigsegg is in the Autoshow and only 3m, so I've left that for now. I try to only spend the Forzathon points on cars not available in autoshow and the occasional avatar item I'm missing.

I thought as much.
The Koenigsegg is in the Autoshow and only 3m, so I've left that for now. I try to only spend the Forzathon points on cars not available in autoshow and the occasional avatar item I'm missing.
Should've check before I spent my points on the Koenigsegg this morning... Didn't know they add cars from the Autoshow to the Forzathon. In any case, will double check every car next time!

Fairlady is a beauty, though.

The Emote is the only one I didnt have as it is the one which has to be unlocked via ForzaHub. Might be useful for completing your emote collections too 👍

Is there any point to collecting emotes? I haven't changed mine in so long (it's currently just me standing there stone-facing the lunatic opposite me, which is pretty much how I'd be IRL).

The other day, my cousin wanted to play FH4, so I created an account for him on my Xbox and let him play.
One fact I noticed is that the drivatar in FH4 tends to choose more unique cars the smaller the friend list of the account he is currently playing.

My account has about 100 friends, and when I play FH4 on this account, the drivatars basically chooses a certain lineup of cars: TT, Charger, Titan FE, Focus... I'm tired of seeing those cars.
However, my cousin's account has no friends, so the drivatars had a very diverse selection of cars to choose from. The usage of exclusive cars, especially those added in the update, was very high and it helped to make offline racing in FH4 look more vivid and fun.

The lack of variety of cars for drivatar to choose from in FH4 is one of the drawbacks that has been mentioned since the release of FH4.
PG said it was a result of the drivatar referencing the cars owned by those players, but the fact that the drivatar always chose the same car, even if the player owned a variety of cars in the same category, was one of the factors that made offline racing seem boring.

Ironically, if you don't have any friends, offline racing has more variety and is more fun.
I hope FH5 will also improve the drivatar's car selection algorithm.

VXR
Where on the map is this spot? Next to a waters edge.
Fortune Island

Edit: Just go through the cave on the South. There's a small island right in front of the exit of the cave. They took the picture from the island facing the cave.

Last edited:
Fortune Island

Edit: Just go through the cave on the South. There's a small island right in front of the exit of the cave. They took the picture from the island facing the cave.

Sweet, haven't been over there for a while and it looked like an interesting spot I'd not seen before.

The other day, my cousin wanted to play FH4, so I created an account for him on my Xbox and let him play.
One fact I noticed is that the drivatar in FH4 tends to choose more unique cars the smaller the friend list of the account he is currently playing.

My account has about 100 friends, and when I play FH4 on this account, the drivatars basically chooses a certain lineup of cars: TT, Charger, Titan FE, Focus... I'm tired of seeing those cars.
However, my cousin's account has no friends, so the drivatars had a very diverse selection of cars to choose from. The usage of exclusive cars, especially those added in the update, was very high and it helped to make offline racing in FH4 look more vivid and fun.

The lack of variety of cars for drivatar to choose from in FH4 is one of the drawbacks that has been mentioned since the release of FH4.
PG said it was a result of the drivatar referencing the cars owned by those players, but the fact that the drivatar always chose the same car, even if the player owned a variety of cars in the same category, was one of the factors that made offline racing seem boring.

Ironically, if you don't have any friends, offline racing has more variety and is more fun.
I hope FH5 will also improve the drivatar's car selection algorithm.

Something I found interesting is that some of those cars aren't owned by those users. Because I keep seeing a Family Guy livery Ford Focus RS under my friend's nametag, I asked him if he rocks that, and he denies ever driving that car with that livery. Any time I run races involving Hot Hatches or Street Scene events, I always see this car.

Last edited:
Something I found interesting is that some of those cars aren't owned by those users. Because I keep seeing a Family Guy livery Ford Focus RS under my friend's nametag, I asked him if he rocks that, and he denies ever driving that car with that livery. Any time I run races involving Hot Hatches or Street Scene events, I always see this car.

Yeah, I've seen this too. My son came into the study one time when I was racing, and his drivatar was just in front of me. It was in a car that he doesn't own

I can explain this one!

The livery selection is randomly chosen by the game if you have 'allow user designs' to be shown on cars so when it picks the friends/club users for the race it will just select a random livery to showcase on the car that Drivatar has in the race and also cars the player may not own.

I remember Jimmy Broadbent once ending up seeing his name on a Miku Hatsune livery car (he doesn't like Miku I think) and he kinda went a little crazy about that. :)

Back