Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Is the Ford GT40 the Spring barnfind? I’ve only got two left, the Spring and Bamburgh Castle barnfinds, yet I see quite a fair few GT40s on the AH.

Are you sure the one you see on the auction house isn't the racing one? There are 2 GT40s in the game I believe and the racing one is purchasable at the autoshow.

Yep, I’m certain. I’ve been super keen about this one since it’s just been added to the franchise, and I’ve never been huge on the body style that we’ve previously had.

That or they went offline and then manipulated their Xbox’s clock to get the season they want. That’s how some people already have all 15 barn finds.
Or they can do it the easy way - Jump into someones prologue and unlock it just by roaming around with them. I had the winter Land Rover BF since October 1st or so because I jumped into my friends prologue while I was already progressed deep into the game.

EDIT: Was massively treed lol.

I do a lot of Ranked Team Adventures, apparently people are complaining on other Forums about how there's Freeroam Rushes in between the races, even if the series is made of Road Circuits. I actually like them: they force you make decisions about the route you will take (eg. don't go offroad when there's hills, trees, and you're on race tires), and make you learn and know the map. Another is that they make you compromise on the car you choose. Your race-tired supercar might be good at the circuits, but my slightly raised supercar on rally tires is more versatile.

For example: a Team Adventure in winter, and other people had cars on race tires, whereas I had one on rally tires. So, when it came to racing on a track that had snow on it, my car was blisteringly quick, while theirs struggled. I wasn't as good when the streets were clear, but it made it interesting.

The connecting times can be discouraging though. I previously used the time to find the roads/bonus boards. And now I use it to get Skill Points.

I'm hoping to make it to Rank 10 before the end to nab the Porsche Cayenne at least.

Last edited:
I did my first team adventure last night, I thought it was surprisingly good.

I wish we had ghosted adventures, but still a lot of fun romping around supercars in my almost 1,200hp, 800PI Power Wagon.

You are already in a championship, are you sure you want to change - sigh

I dont know what I am in, how do I figure that out and complete it?

And if i am in winter can I change seasons?

Last edited:
You are already in a championship, are you sure you want to change - sigh

I dont know what I am in, how do I figure that out and complete it?

And if i am in winter can I change seasons?
To figure out where the rest of the races in your current championship are, go to the map, click the right button to turn off everything, then select "all" to turn off everything. Then select "seasonal events" to turn on the championship you're in (since I'm pretty sure the only championships are seasonal). All icons that show the races in your current championship are white.

You can't change seasons. They change automatically once a week.

To figure out where the rest of the races in your current championship are, go to the map, click the right button to turn off everything, then select "all" to turn off everything. Then select "seasonal events" to turn on the championship you're in (since I'm pretty sure the only championships are seasonal). All icons that show the races in your current championship are white.

Very helpful, thanks.

I am thinking of creating a new game where you go into a foreign consulate and accidentally become dismembered. Accidentally? :banghead:

Finally got the seven million skillpoints. What a tedious way to go about things! Weirdly enough I lost my previous banked two million as well - I made sure it saved last night by changing cars, then when I booted up today it showed two million... did some driving in my Ram Powerwagon thing, which I had used to get my banked points, and it went to zero. 🤬

Are there actually 231 roads in the game, i got the achievement for all roads discovered but it still but in the stats it's 229 out of 231, i have gone over the map with a fine tooth comb but i cannot locate the missing roads, it's driving me crazy, i know it's not a big deal but my OCD has kicked in and i am now on a mission to find said roads :banghead:

Are there actually 231 roads in the game, i got the achievement for all roads discovered but it still but in the stats it's 229 out of 231, i have gone over the map with a fine tooth comb but i cannot locate the missing roads, it's driving me crazy, i know it's not a big deal but my OCD has kicked in and i am now on a mission to find said roads :banghead:
I think you mean 531, and yes, there are 531 roads.

I'm at around 3.5 million for the 7 million skill points thing. Not sure I'm gonna make it as most of my play time is on the weekends. I put a lot of effort into it last weekend. 7 million really seems a bit high to me, especially when you consider the other requirements before that - they were easy, but it all adds up when there's only so much time to work with. :nervous:

I'm at around 3.5 million for the 7 million skill points thing. Not sure I'm gonna make it as most of my play time is on the weekends. I put a lot of effort into it last weekend. 7 million really seems a bit high to me, especially when you consider the other requirements before that - they were easy, but it all adds up when there's only so much time to work with. :nervous:
Yeah, this is oddly extreme. I tried it with the Land Rover FE but it was far too tippy for me. I threw away half a million points by constantly rolling it over, so I switched to the Chevy Colorado. It took longer, but it was much more stable and I was able to able to get it after a few hours of work.

If you have the house that gives you the skill songs, go to the dunes around Bamburgh castle, tune on Timeless and if you get Jupiter bringer of joy, you will have almost 8 minutes to get around 2 million points. If you get to 480,000 you will max it, so break it and start another quickly. Perks will accrue faster, so get the extra life and your chain will survive a roll over!

So what I've been doing to get the skill points is taking my S1 class Range Rover barn find and going to the frozen lake and just drifting from one end to the other. Usually 175k-300k (if I'm lucky) per go. I got like 3 million in about 20-30 minutes.

If you have the house that gives you the skill songs, go to the dunes around Bamburgh castle, tune on Timeless and if you get Jupiter bringer of joy, you will have almost 8 minutes to get around 2 million points. If you get to 480,000 you will max it, so break it and start another quickly. Perks will accrue faster, so get the extra life and your chain will survive a roll over!
If you get really lucky, you can roll over without losing your chain without the perk. I did it twice on one skill chain the other night, (same car without the perk) never happened before, hasn't happened since.

Got the 7 million thanks to skill songs, bank a 1 million point skill with one of the songs just by air, drift, and wreckage skills at the beach.

Badges with red background and white trees and road, if you mean that, then OK, thanks.

Says Exhibition available...Seasonal championship completed. and the badge says new.

How do I start a new seasonal championship?

And why does it show us starting grid, can we change it, can we move up or back in the grid on any race other than changing from average to inexperienced, etc?

Last edited:
Don't go to the hilly beach section for banking skill points; too much risk of flipping/crashing. I'd recommend the airport. There's a lot of objects to hit, including special ones worth 1,000 each like the road closure signs and the rubbish bins.

Doing three or four drift runs up and down the runway should be enough to get 100k points with a 5x multiplier. Anything over 500k is a waste in terms of maximizing Perk Points (you'll only get a max of 10, one per 50k).

I was also doing it there but kept getting annoyed that some of the breakable objects where stopping my score.

Back