Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Can Winter Finish already, kinda think it's a bad idea that we have forced seasons now.

The other seasons are more or less similar in that the roads are not a slippery mess, Coming from an Australian I don't now how anyone puts up with winter in countries that snow lol.
I'm trying to complete all the street races but night racing and snowing at the same time is a bit too complicated for me. Unfortunately, no blueprint for street races.

Does anyone feel like 1000+ horsepower isn't as viable in this game as it was in FH3? The tracks and roads don't really allow me to use that sort of power effectively. For this reason I don't enjoy cars like the Pagani Zonda R FE Or TVR Sagaris FE. Without AWD/4WD that level of power seems uncontrollable.
Yeah, more like IRL - 1000+ horsepower should be tough to control. Personally I like it, less NFS is to my preference. Sucks though if that's how you want to play this game.

I am just about done importing all of my paints from Forza Motorsport 7. I showcased some of them in this video.

Now to check for any decals I forgot to import.

IMG_20181014_054749167_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Got some lucky wheel spins to fill out the wardrobe for winter.. the beanie came Friday and the yellow turtleneck and boots last night.

Having spent a good amount of time in the snow this season, I think PG has done a pretty good job at striking a balance with driving/handling between making the seasons feel different enough and still being "accessible" for all cars/styles. It's a fine line. Too far in either direction and PG will get burnt with the seasons either "all driving the same" or certain ones being "too undrivable/inaccessible."

I like what they've done with main roads being mostly clear and side roads a mixed bag with the more remote ones unplowed. It's realistic and it gives some clearer lanes for street racing.

I agree that you should be able to set the season to whatever you want when offline. I'm really not sure why PG did it this way. To me, it's not a big deal though because there is so much to do with Forzathon and seasonal events, not to mention simply exploring and enjoying the new world. Yes, winter is a better time for taking out the 4x4's, but there are 3 seasons after that, all of which offer better grip for the road cars.

Is there a good strategy for the 7 million challenge? I've been jumping on the dunes by Bamburgh Castle.

034EF10F-4C73-46C3-85EA-F7EF29CCC437.jpeg
PJ, this is the first time I checked out your website, wow super clean design, love it. You really have a knack for design/content. 👍

It took me ages to think of a good design for this car in particular, but once I looked up Ben Sherman’s branding I felt I could run with it. Logo took about 2 hours to recreate, and that union flag pattern’s got 800 layers in it to give it that fabric look.

Is there a good strategy for the 7 million challenge? I've been jumping on the dunes by Bamburgh Castle.
Drift through the drag strip on the beach, the Sideswipe and Wreckage skills will stack up quickly. Combined with a Skill Song and the right car you’re looking at getting the whole lot done in a 30 minute chain.

The 4.1 million skill points I had from before had disappeared, had to do the challenge all over again, took me just over two hours.

If the player in the tutorial is in the friend, you can play other seasons by entering that player's convoy.
Since Barn Finds etc also change according to the host's environment, for example if you were not able to obtain DB4 Zagato, you can get it by using the convoy of the player who is playing the autumn season .

A small gripe I have is the PI. I realize it isn't super accurate but there are about 20 cars with a 100 PI. I wish they would start the slowest one at 101 and work up from there.

Is the Ford GT40 the Spring barnfind? I’ve only got two left, the Spring and Bamburgh Castle barnfinds, yet I see quite a fair few GT40s on the AH.

Is the Ford GT40 the Spring barnfind? I’ve only got two left, the Spring and Bamburgh Castle barnfinds, yet I see quite a fair few GT40s on the AH.
Are you sure the one you see on the auction house isn't the racing one? There are 2 GT40s in the game I believe and the racing one is purchasable at the autoshow.

Are you sure the one you see on the auction house isn't the racing one? There are 2 GT40s in the game I believe and the racing one is purchasable at the autoshow.

Yep, I’m certain. I’ve been super keen about this one since it’s just been added to the franchise, and I’ve never been huge on the body style that we’ve previously had.

Thanks @prousonhairy & @KM964 I'm only at level 8 on Street Scene races as they are all only at night time I left those races on the Map. It looks like I have plenty of grinding for this one! (or I maybe lucky and find it at the Auction :))

Yep regarding Blue Prints and changing weather that is the first thing I changed on Exhibitions (Weather + TOD) 👍

Head to Head races works fine to level up the street scene level. Of course you dont earn very much points (i think 1100 -1500 points), but the races are short and you can do it every time.

Yep, I’m certain. I’ve been super keen about this one since it’s just been added to the franchise, and I’ve never been huge on the body style that we’ve previously had.
Could be they got it when the game circled through Spring in the opening. 90% sure the ‘64 GT40 is Spring barnfind as that and the bamburgh BF are also the only 2 I’ve yet to get a rumor for. Can’t wait to finally get to drive a MkI GT40.

Could be they got it when the game circled through Spring in the opening. 90% sure the ‘64 GT40 is Spring barnfind as that and the bamburgh BF are also the only 2 I’ve yet to get a rumor for. Can’t wait to finally get to drive a MkI GT40.

That or they went offline and then manipulated their Xbox’s clock to get the season they want. That’s how some people already have all 15 barn finds.

Can there be a way to patch that?

EDIT:
I'm done with this skill point crap! The points keep resetting!

Last edited:
While I still disagree with the whole forced season aspect of the game (inability to change the season at will, even offline), I like that the week long season nudges you into using certain cars and saving others for difference seasons. My super cars hibernate for winter and I stick to my trucks/ off roaders for winter. :P

The game's map also feels significantly larger, even if it isn't. In the previous games I became familiar with the map quickly, but in 4 the seasons help with making the map feel like there is more to it. I still haven't even discovered all the roads.

Back