Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
The route for the beach drag race counts as a road, oddly enough.
Does the treasure map confirm that?
I haven't checked it yet until I find the bonus boards, but I have this sneaking suspicion that the beach drag strip isn't listed or counted as a road.

I haven't checked it yet until I find the bonus boards, but I have this sneaking suspicion that the beach drag strip isn't listed or counted as a road.
I know people have said it is, but I'm not 100% certain of that. If the ice lake drag strip doesn't count as a road, then I don't see why the beach drag strip would.

I was stuck at 529 roads for quite a while, but I found my last two within a few minutes of each other when
I drove down a small driveway near the south freeway roundabout to get a bonus board, and then when I was bouncing around in the Mudkickers park. I thought I had driven every road there, but I guess not.

I can’t exactly prove that it’s a road now that I’ve already driven on it. But I saw a post on the Forza subreddit mention the beach drag race, I decided to check it out and drove all the way down, and it counted for me. It was my 530th road.

Someone who hasn’t driven on all the roads yet will have to try it and confirm with a screenshot or video.

Does the treasure map confirm that?

The treasure map doesn’t reveal roads.

I've done that, picked an S2 car to guarantee that I beat everyone. Did that after someone else picked an S2 car and lost, so we had no chance. Not sure if it helps since that makes one opponent also S2, but I figure it helps the team if I can win at least.

The big problem are human teammates who just leave, or drift around, and come in last

I think PG could make it clearer that if you pick an S2 car for a co-op race you're basically betting the success of the group on your own performance.

It's also annoying that you have no idea what everyone else is driving until it's too late (in PVP or Co-op) and there's no option as far as I can recall to get a loaner if your garage doesn't stack up against other players in a trial.

The way to paint Unimog shell was simple.
It is similar to the engine of Twin Mill and Bone Shaker. Please select the body color white (the one on the right side) of the stock.
Unlike other body colors, white on the right side has an area in the shell. And this is data stored in the car like the engine of Bone Shaker and the shell area is retained even if you change the body color.
(However, please don't select other stock body color)

1c14d1d7-efac-4d1e-adcc-3b928a01c38a.PNG

2f631550-bbba-4cc4-8dd2-c8c775ea391d.PNG

679e5612-bb83-4120-a98d-f79d4ca77ab4.PNG

Last edited:
The way to paint Unimog shell was simple.
It is similar to the engine of Twin Mill and Bone Shaker. Please select the body color white (the one on the right side) of the stock.
Unlike other body colors, white on the right side has an area in the shell. And this is data stored in the car like the engine of Bone Shaker and the shell area is retained even if you change the body color.
(However, please don't select other stock body color)

View attachment 779203

View attachment 779193

View attachment 779194
It works exactly as described. Just pick the factory color all the way to the right and then you can put any vinyls you want on it. Also, the skeleton bodysuit glows in the dark.

I think it might come with race suspension stock. Not sure. Try seeing if you can adjust the spring rate and ride height on the stock suspension.

Unfortunately, the stock suspension is not tunable. It's like this on quite a few cars.

Unfortunately, the stock suspension is not tunable. It's like this on quite a few cars.
Ahh gotcha. I know that some vehicles come with racing suspension stock, but it just shows up as stock suspension in the upgrade shop.

I can’t exactly prove that it’s a road now that I’ve already driven on it. But I saw a post on the Forza subreddit mention the beach drag race, I decided to check it out and drove all the way down, and it counted for me. It was my 530th road.

Someone who hasn’t driven on all the roads yet will have to try it and confirm with a screenshot or video.

The treasure map doesn’t reveal roads.
Yeah, I guess the obvious potential happening is driving past any number of undiscovered beach roads while doing that race.

I suppose the map lists every road, or what we think is every road, if anybody has counted those.
I know people have said it is, but I'm not 100% certain of that. If the ice lake drag strip doesn't count as a road, then I don't see why the beach drag strip would.

I was stuck at 529 roads for quite a while, but I found my last two within a few minutes of each other when
I drove down a small driveway near the south freeway roundabout to get a bonus board, and then when I was bouncing around in the Mudkickers park. I thought I had driven every road there, but I guess not.
I was stuck at 529 and it was just 2 small sections of random road I missed.

I'm just curious if we can stick a fork in this rumour one way or another.

I guess I dont know how to fast travel.

go to map,, set blue line to event, click x to fast travel, then takes my money and brings me right back to where I was, done this multiple times now.

I guess I dont know how to fast travel.

go to map,, set blue line to event, click x to fast travel, then takes my money and brings me right back to where I was, done this multiple times now.
You can only fast travel on roads.

Yeah, I guess the obvious potential happening is driving past any number of undiscovered beach roads while doing that race.

I suppose the map lists every road, or what we think is every road, if anybody has counted those.
I was stuck at 529 and it was just 2 small sections of random road I missed.

I'm just curious if we can stick a fork in this rumour one way or another.

I discovered 531/531 before having done a single drag race, so I'm pretty sure the beach and lake drag strips don't count as roads.

I'm assuming the achievement popping at 529 for everyone is because the achievement was hard coded with a different total than what's in the final game.

I am on a road, set blue line to event offers fast travel option, click X takes money, still in same spot on road.

You do know you don't need to set a waypoint in order to fast travel right? You just need to hover over wherever you want to go and press X.

Can you explain better what you are doing? Picture or video would definitely help.

You do know you don't need to set a waypoint in order to fast travel right? You just need to hover over wherever you want to go and press X.

Can you explain better what you are doing? Picture or video would definitely help.
Oh, no wonder. So i move the cursor to where I want to go, then click X...wasted a lot of money the way I was doing it, or points ...oh well. Thanks

Is there some trick to getting the season pass cars to work? I haven't played in a couple weeks due to a certain other game and it won't even let me get the cars that released on Oct. 26.

It's kind of annoying how many little things there are in this game that really take away from the overall experience (especially since a few were in FH3 as well). :indiff:

Oh, no wonder. So i move the cursor to where I want to go, then click X...wasted a lot of money the way I was doing it, or points ...oh well. Thanks
You can find Fast Travel boards to help with the costs. I don't have all of them yet, but 1.2k Credits doesn't really concern me with the money I have.

74A52AFE-9AB3-4EE2-A4EE-DC4408DECE0D.jpeg

2DA9ECD8-E759-4A18-A36E-9695CD50A3BC.jpeg

So I managed to drain the lake...

I made custom route across the frozen lake, but changed the season to Summer when I made the blueprint. The drivatars when straight into the water, while I was respawned. I entered the water more slowly the next time, and i just drove straight into. When I changed to cockpit view, there was no more water. I was able to drive freely across the whole lake.

SIcPJgT.png

Second month of Game Pass near its end and I am finalizing game completion. Will be back after Black Friday and first DLC release with Ultimate Edition. Next goal will be beating 3000 loyalty points, buying 15m castle and all cars, achieving Rank 1 in Ranked TA.

I completed all of the fast travel boards last night with the help of the swissgameguides interactive map. Some of them I'd never have had the chance of stumbling across. Didn't take long to go from 35 to 50 though. Also hit up the last of the beauty spots and found all 531 roads too. Probably going to finish off the normal exhibition events next and save the 3 stories I have left for summer.

Seems like something in the update has (started at least) a fix for daily payouts.

System might be showing some new paints and tunes to people searching also, instead of the same top 20 or whatever it was.

That Stelvio is amazing. The Can Am has so much suspension travel, both are great additions if you ask me.

I hope we get a Polaris Slingshot soon, it would be a great addition to the Track Toys class.

The Stelvio is the prettiest SUV that ever was or ever will be, it also packs a punch. Change my mind.
The Can Am is super fun, but underpowered. However it has a motor swap that increases its speed rating by point 3.

That Stelvio is amazing. The Can Am has so much suspension travel, both are great additions if you ask me.

I hope we get a Polaris Slingshot soon, it would be a great addition to the Track Toys class.
I remember this article that Top Gear wrote before FH3 release.
They introduced in this article that 2016 Polaris Slingshot will appear in Forza Horizon 3.
But this car did not appear.
I do not think Top Gear will write a fake news. Perhaps PG had already produced Polaris Slingshot data two years ago.

I remember this article that Top Gear wrote before FH3 release.
They introduced in this article that 2016 Polaris Slingshot will appear in Forza Horizon 3.
But this car did not appear.
I do not think Top Gear will write a fake news. Perhaps PG had already produced Polaris Slingshot data two years ago.
Turn 10 Studios also tested a Polaris Slingshot about a couple of years ago.

Back