Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Lamborghini Urus confirmed!

Edit: Fortune Island features the biggest environment to be featured in an expansion, switchback roads and lightning which can knock down trees. :drool:

Fortune Island.jpg

Coming December 13th

Last edited:
Have they said if the expansion island will be connected to the main map, or partitioned off in a separate environment? It looks awesome, but I really hope they connect it with one of those bridges in the north or something.

I always find these kinds of world expansions are cooler when they actually enrich the existing landmass, versus just giving you another, smaller, separate sandbox to play in.

Have they said if the expansion island will be connected to the main map, or partitioned off in a separate environment? It looks awesome, but I really hope they connect it with one of those bridges in the north or something.

I always find these kinds of world expansions are cooler when they actually enrich the existing landmass, versus just giving you another, smaller, separate sandbox to play in.

Expansions are usually their own separate map. Storm Island in FH2, Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels in FH3 all had separate maps and were not connected to the main environment.

^ Agreed, let's hope that PG has the foresight and technical wizardry to utilize the 3 bridges at the top of the main map, to seamlessly connect the expansion when it arrives in December!

^ Agreed, let's hope that PG has the foresight and technical wizardry to utilize the 3 bridges at the top of the main map, to seamlessly connect the expansion when it arrives in December!
Well it is Fortune Island, so not likely. Possibly some technical limitation preventing expanding the main map that can't be sorted until the next generation of Xbox consoles.

So, is it just an exploration map or are there going to be events?

Also, why are they adding another Hoonicorn and RS RX? I understand that the specs are different, but it's like GT where you can drive like 30 versions of one Skyline.

So, is it just an exploration map or are there going to be events?

Also, why are they adding another Hoonicorn and RS RX? I understand that the specs are different, but it's like GT where you can drive like 30 versions of one Skyline.

I would expect events just like in previous expansions.

Well it is Fortune Island, so not likely. Possibly some technical limitation preventing expanding the main map that can't be sorted until the next generation of Xbox consoles.

Remember when Burnout Paradise added Big Surf Island to the game and had it connect to the main map in the game?

Remember when Midnight Club LA and Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) did the same thing?

There’s no technical limitation. If anything, Storm Island and Blizzard Mountain made no sense to be connected to the main map, but this one does. Also bridges to islands exist in real life. Considering they show the aurora borealis means they have to be much farther north than where the current game map is, and there’s the obvious bridge that goes nowhere that makes perfect sense for the expansion.

There’s no technical limitation

The fact that other games have done it doesn't mean there isn't a technical limitation, we don't know how the engine works so we can't know how this might be implemented. Maybe the map boundaries are what they are because it can't get any bigger, maybe there isn't enough RAM for it, etc.

Still, it would be nice if it didn't split the playerbase between those with the pass and those without, I have the pass but my friends don't so I guess I'd either have to play the expansion alone or not at all. Big Surf Island was great in that regard.

I'm curious to see what vehicles they include in the expansion. The modern SUV fad is really tiring at this point, so the Lamborghini Anus is a complete miss if you ask me. But I suspect they'll add a few cool (proper) off roaders in the expansion. The environment looks pretty damn awesome, and certainly looks to make further strides from the current map's design, and I like the idea of looking for hidden treasure on it, but I suspect the reality won't be as cool as the idea.

My ideal thought would be that the treasure was more like the NFS barn find thing where you searched for the parts rather than the whole vehicle, and that the wrecks were abandoned in hard to reach places, like up a steep mountain, or at the bottom of a ravine, but I suspect we won't have anything like that. I think we'll have a fairly unimaginative game experience, but the environment is so awesome that we look past it. All in all, it's good to see that they're finally adding post release content that's worth buying.

And while I'm here, is there anyone who actually likes the Ken Block/Hoonigan content?

II like the idea of looking for hidden treasure on it, but I suspect the reality won't be as cool as the idea.

I expect them to just be bonus boards and a single barn find under a different name. Or PG might actually push the envelop a little and give you hats and dead memes as treasure.

And while I'm here, is there anyone who actually likes the Ken Block/Hoonigan content?

I'd like them more if half of them weren't straight reskins of cars that we already have.

Last edited:
I'm sure that even if there was something actually new and interesting about Fortune Island some would still find something to bitch about it.

Should be fun though and worth the cash.

There’s no technical limitation.
The fact that other games have done it doesn't mean there isn't a technical limitation, we don't know how the engine works so we can't know how this might be implemented. Maybe the map boundaries are what they are because it can't get any bigger, maybe there isn't enough RAM for it, etc.

Exactly what neema_t said. Just because one game does something years before does not mean there are not technical limitations preventing a newer game from doing it. I make mods for Fallout 4 and know a few of the more popular mod author, and I can tell you that just because a game did something a decade ago doesn't mean it is possible to do in Fallout 4's engine.
Even XBox themselves have achieved things in the past that are not possible now due to technical limitations of the technology today. On the Xbox 360 you used to be able to party up with friends in the Netflix app and watch a movie together, even having the app show your Xbox avatars in a theater watching the movie together. But due to changes in how the Xbox network works it is no longer possible to do that.

If it's something like Twerkstallion, Loki Blazer, Napalm Nova, yes.
These cars cover Forza's poor visual customization. Especially Twerkstallion is my favorite. The BN Sports body kit is better than any body kit for stock FC.

Back