Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Last night, I grabbed both a Ferrari P4 and another Ford MK.1 GT40 from the auction house. I just got tired of waiting through auctions on the P4 and just bought out the auction for 7,000,000cr. Still cheaper than in the auto show. However, I did wait out the auction for the GT40 and got it for under 2 million cr. I had to try 3 times at the auction house before I got one. The only thing left to hunt for is the Daytona Coupe, I'll get that another day.

The limit is 25 cars in any 24 hour period. There is no limit on money.

When the cars don't sell in the auction house, do you need to reclaim them or can you leave them in the Auction House. I am trying to get rid of these cars and don't want to reclaim them back in my garage.

If you leave them in the Auction House, does it count as part of the 25 cars in any 24 hour period?

When the cars don't sell in the auction house, do you need to reclaim them or can you leave them in the Auction House. I am trying to get rid of these cars and don't want to reclaim them back in my garage.

If you leave them in the Auction House, does it count as part of the 25 cars in any 24 hour period?
I believe if you don't reclaim a car from the auction house, they will automatically delete from your garage after a month. After 24 hours, they no longer count against the 25 cars per 24 hour period. Personally, if a car doesn't sell, I reclaim it and then delete it from my garage.

You don't need to reclaim them, they'll stay there for 60 days and then just get deleted - some people use it as (risky) extra car storage by listing cars for the maximum buyout and hoping they don't sell after an hour because they don't count towards your garage limit, the little loading screen you get when listing cars is actually the data transferring from your local storage to their server.

I personally never delete cars from my garage any more, I list them on the AH and leave them if they don't sell, every now and then I scroll through the list and find cars I didn't want at the time but later decide to take back to play with or if I don't have much else to sell I'll relist the more valuable ones. I've had maybe 30+ cars in there from time to time so I don't think there's a limit, or if there is you'd have to try pretty hard to reach it.

The limit is literally just that you can only start 25 auctions every 24 hours, it doesn't matter what happens to the car after that.

Hi all. I've been meaning to get this game for a while, but with the GamePass sale and its being on there I went ahead. I've been having fun with it and got past the "intro," I suppose and into the seasonal cycles just before it changed to the current winter season. A few observations.

- The stunt C'était un Rendez-vous homage was great. I could have stood it to be a bit longer, with a few more landmarks, and at dawn, even. Still, that was cool.
- I'm in "Horizon Life" and see the ghost images of other players, but I haven't done any of the online things. I'm not sure if I will.
- For the seasonal events, a lot of things don't seem to be registering. I only had a bit with the autumn things, but did a couple and only had one count. Same is holding true with winter. I got the S1, did a street race, which counted, but neither rally event nor getting over 155MPH registered. So I decided to switch out the S1 to the GTR to spin around on the frozen lake.
- I'm really like most races I've seen adapting to the car I want to use. So if I want to keep racing in a Miata or Triumph Spitfire, I can.
- Although I have noticed in the "Horizon Life" sessions that nearly everyone else is in an S1 level car and above. I feel a bit like Mr. Magoo or something, cruising around classic roadsters.

(Edit. If anyone else got the GamePass sale deal, Dirt 4 is also available. And in non racing related games, so is The Remains of Edith Finch, which is an experience.)

- For the seasonal events, a lot of things don't seem to be registering. I only had a bit with the autumn things, but did a couple and only had one count. Same is holding true with winter. I got the S1, did a street race, which counted, but neither rally event nor getting over 155MPH registered. So I decided to switch out the S1 to the GTR to spin around on the frozen lake.
Welcome to England. For the weekly Forzathon, did you win two Street Scene events or just one? You need two to move on the 155 mph challenge.

Welcome to England. For the weekly Forzathon, did you win two Street Scene events or just one? You need two to move on the 155 mph challenge.

Thanks. They have to be done in a specific order then? I did three dirt rally races (whichever version is being called for) and one street scene. Between them I went 155mph in the S1. It's only showing that I raced one street scene and own the car.

Thanks. They have to be done in a specific order then? I did three dirt rally races (whichever version is being called for) and one street scene. Between them I went 155mph in the S1. It's only showing that I raced one street scene and own the car.

You need to do them in the order they appear on the screen, else it won't work. So for instance, do both street scene races before hitting 155mph and it should work.

Never been an Xbox owner, & thus never got into Forza. I have to say though, this Horizon 4 game looks utterly jaw-dropping! :drool: How on earth have they crammed so much into an open world without pop up & all the other issues that usually affect games like this? :boggled: Hats off to Playground Games for doing such an awesome job in this area. As a Brit, I really like the way the UK is represented in this game, it looks very authentic (I've been watching some YouTube videos of gameplay, & some Digital Foundry ones too).

👍

Alternatively, AWD swap a Demon with snow tires and laugh at everyone.

Yes, but

l_51327.jpg

I just did a quick count and if I am counting right we have recieved 92 cars since release. We could easily hit 100 in a few months. Just seems like a wildly huge number compared to FM7 or most other games for that matter. Playground is really killing it.

"A little goes a long way."
Perhaps this sounds like a tip for the next extension or update, what do you guess?
RetroKrystal has previously mentioned the word "little" as a hint, but I can not come up with anything from this word.

Kei cars? Bubble cars? Hot Wheels expansion 2.0?

So I've been playing a bit and got to "The Gauntlet" in the dirt racing series. Has anyone else used an unmodified '83 VW GTI for that? Because it was fun. Took a while, but fun.

So I've been playing a bit and got to "The Gauntlet" in the dirt racing series. Has anyone else used an unmodified '83 VW GTI for that? Because it was fun. Took a while, but fun.

Close, I have taken the 73 Civic and 81 Fiesta around it. It is fun in little cars where you can throw your weight around.

I just did a quick count and if I am counting right we have recieved 92 cars since release. We could easily hit 100 in a few months. Just seems like a wildly huge number compared to FM7 or most other games for that matter. Playground is really killing it.

What if you subtract all the cars that are only 10% different to an existing car?

Perhaps this sounds like a tip for the next extension or update, what do you guess?
RetroKrystal has previously mentioned the word "little" as a hint, but I can not come up with anything from this word.

"A little goes a long way", you say? What if, bear with me, it's a MicroMachines expansion? In which your cars become the size of toy cars and you're able to drive them inside your house? Add a new map within the existing map.

Perhaps they will release a little info, and a far-off release date? :lol:

"A little goes a long way", you say? What if, bear with me, it's a MicroMachines expansion? In which your cars become the size of toy cars and you're able to drive them inside your house? Add a new map within the existing map.

At first I read that as MicroTransactions expansion. That would be a winner for sure. :lol:

Wait! Guys, hear me out! Rallies are about relatively small (i.e. little) cars being driven over long distances.
Yeah, that's right. Horizon Rally has been confirmed! 💡

I know it's unlikely, but a man can dream right?

Wait! Guys, hear me out! Rallies are about relatively small (i.e. little) cars being driven over long distances.
Yeah, that's right. Horizon Rally has been confirmed! 💡

I know it's unlikely, but a man can dream right?
I dunno, I wouldn't too chuffed about having yet another Rally/offroad themed expansion for the third time. Fourth if you count Blizzard Mountain.

Latest Posts

Back