Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Thanks!

I wanted to use the Chrome paint color for the stripes but we can only use basic colors. Wonder why they only let us use basic paint?
To get chrome stripes, I paint the whole car in the chrome color I want for the stripes, then cover the rest of the car in regular paint leaving room for the chrome paint to shine through as stripes.

It was Co-op day today! I tried for the Pista a number of times. I was contemplating the Lotus Eleven but went with the Alfa TZ2 as it was 3 seconds faster to 100mph (Aero AWD setup). The first race from Edinburgh proved tricky as I was pushed into a barrier by a fellow teammate once and consistently managed to make mistakes while at or near the front. The second and third races were more consistent on my part. On the successful run I won the last two events. On race two I had a substantial lead over three of my teammates. Race three went well as I got past the lead Drivatar P4 on the second lap and slowly drew away from it. Our team won all three races!

I gave the Pista a quick blast to Broadway and back to the Festival Site and do rather like it.

Trial was a cakewalk last night. Bought out an Alfa 33 for 5 and a bit million from the AH, plonked @Milouse's setup on it and got 2nd in all 3 races. Only had 2-3 teammates who all dropped out over the course of each race. Pista was an easy acquisition for being the only one left to race the drivatars.

I put a “street tune” up for the RS200 for the Hoon Street race. No new parts, just spring, damper, etc. It’s amazing how much just a little bit of tightening does for that car on the street.

Tried this week's trial this morning, and my 356 SL had some great race with 906 Carrera driven by other player. My 356 had handling and braking, but 906 had acceleration and top speed. We switched between first and second place throughout the trial.

It was 2:1 for 906 at the end, though.

Forza Horizon 4 2019-11-23 9_39_12 AM.png

Regardless, Pista is mine.

The list of New-To-Forza cars in that list (if they ever come, I'm looking at you Jensen Interceptor)

• 1975 Citroen DS23
  • 2018 Jaguar IPace
  • 2019 LEGO Speed Champions Bugatti Chiron
  • 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Velar
  • 2018 Guntherworks 400R
  • 2017 Renault Alpine 110S
  • 2018 Renault Megane RS
  • 2019 RAESR Tachyon
  • 2018 Ferrari Portofino
  • 1987 Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer
  • 1949 Ford Dually Hot Rod
  • 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • 2018 Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6

Wow great find there @willbsn13! 👍

Not only am I seeing a bunch of new cars, but there are also new manufacturers like Guntherworks and RAESR! That list looks legit, especially since the Lamborghini Huracan Performante is in it; another highly requested car after the 600LT, Divo and 488 Pista. There are also 'normal' cars in that list as well, which is something PG had said they will be adding next year.

I expect to see most of those cars to at least make it into FH4 in the next coming months before E3 2020, Xbox Scarlett and the next Forza Motorsport are announced. This should be exciting!!

Last edited:
AMG Hammer! sweet!
I love the 80s-90s boxy style Mercedes more than the modern streamline Mercedes, so I hope this list is true!
And DS. It's no exaggeration to say that this is the most underrated French car in the history of racing games. I expect PG to give this car the right vintage rally kit option.

Guys I won't lie. I 'm not a great driver when it comes to Horizon 4. I just about managed to win Dancing In The Street yesterday after 3 hours to win the 600LT. Tried to obtain the Pista but, as I said, not a good enough driver and also I have time limits. Had a few teammates that did well but if they don't have backup it's hard. What is the easiest way to obtain the Ferrari? Is there a particular car that works well for that Championship?? Thanks in advance!

Guys I won't lie. I 'm not a great driver when it comes to Horizon 4. I just about managed to win Dancing In The Street yesterday after 3 hours to win the 600LT. Tried to obtain the Pista but, as I said, not a good enough driver and also I have time limits. Had a few teammates that did well but if they don't have backup it's hard. What is the easiest way to obtain the Ferrari? Is there a particular car that works well for that Championship?? Thanks in advance!

This championship is relatively easy. In short, anyone can get Pista.
I recommend Alfa Romeo TZ2. This car is very balanced and you can easily defeat drivatars.
Also, this is a “dirty” technique, but wall riding can be used in almost every corner of the circuit in the second round.
By using this technique it is possible to turn faster, so you can win even if you do not have good skills.

When it comes to upgrades, AWD upgrades (must be done), Forza spoilers, and good launch acceleration are important.
AWD upgrade is a must if you don't have good skills. Many classic racers are a combination of high-power and poor tires, plus rear-wheel drive, making them difficult to drive. Try to upgrade to make driving a easier.
Top speed is not required except for the first round. And the default gear ratio for race and sports transmissions is set too wide for the power.
Test on the highway before trying the trial and adjust the gear ratio.

This championship is relatively easy. In short, anyone can get Pista.
I recommend Alfa Romeo TZ2. This car is very balanced and you can easily defeat drivatars.
Also, this is a “dirty” technique, but wall riding can be used in almost every corner of the circuit in the second round.
By using this technique it is possible to turn faster, so you can win even if you do not have good skills.

When it comes to upgrades, AWD upgrades (must be done), Forza spoilers, and good launch acceleration are important.
AWD upgrade is a must if you don't have good skills. Many classic racers are a combination of high-power and poor tires, plus rear-wheel drive, making them difficult to drive. Try to upgrade to make driving a easier.
Top speed is not required except for the first round. And the default gear ratio for race and sports transmissions is set too wide for the power.
Test on the highway before trying the trial and adjust the gear ratio.

Many, many thanks, Wangan!

Did as you suggested with the GT40 Mk I and won the Pista. The weird thing was that the first race was a shambles, I came 8th and we were beaten comprehensively. Second race, I came 4th and one of my teammates 2nd and we evened it out at one all. But then at the last race, everyone but me disappeared! So it was me against the AI drivatars, came 3rd and won the championship. I just don't understand why they all jumped ship??

Many, many thanks, Wangan!

Did as you suggested with the GT40 Mk I and won the Pista. The weird thing was that the first race was a shambles, I came 8th and we were beaten comprehensively. Second race, I came 4th and one of my teammates 2nd and we evened it out at one all. But then at the last race, everyone but me disappeared! So it was me against the AI drivatars, came 3rd and won the championship. I just don't understand why they all jumped ship??

That happens a lot during these trial races. People will leave when they either lose the first race or for some reason think they may lose the last one. Maybe since you came in 8th first he may have thought you getting 4th was you getting lucky, and assumed you would do worse in the final. Either way, it usually happens. The first race for me we lost by only 50 points. Everyone from my team dropped out except a couple. Then we easily won the next 2 races. Sometimes it pays off to stay in the event despite a bad start. You may actually be doing yourself a favor and be saving a lot of time.

I had surprisingly devastating success in making an M3-swapped/AWD/Aero setup Cortina and ran away from everyone on pure handling. It was good enough that despite being shoved outside of the first checkpoint on the Heritage circuit, I came back from last and took 3rd overall. The other two races I won by almost-double-digit margins.

Back