Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
For the past week on PC, my controls keep getting set to Preset 16. :grumpy:

Is this happening to anyone else?

I’d also like to add that the next-gen trailer for FH4 in my opinion is a missed opportunity. First, most of the scenes transition so friggin fast it’s hard to appreciate all the improvements. I understand their urge to convey an upbeat vibe, but it’s just too much. Second, most of the cars shown in the trailer are so stereotypically Horizon. Why not take this as an opportunity to demonstrate the sheer variety of cars available in FH4? It’s above and beyond the competition in this department, but it’s as if they try to mimic DiRT 5’s narrower scope in content. Understandable they cannot summarize the whole car list in a trailer, but they aren’t really trying at all to appeal to the car enthusiasts who might not realize the wide variety the game has evolved to offer.

Shocks me there isn't a tutorial, list in-game or even a little note on each locked cars thumbnail for new players to follow

Thumbnail icons for exclusive cars in the Horizon Promo / Collection section, where all obtainable cars are shown regardless of ownership, would seem like a good solution in giving new players a solid overview.

Last edited:
DK

Same here - well, sort of, it happened only once on last Thursday. I hadn't been playing for a week, and when I entered the game again, my video/graphics setup changed to 1280x720 resolution (was saved at 1920x1080).

Then, when I started playing, the analog sticks seemed to be not working. I thought my 14 years old Sixaxis controller was finally dead and felt a bit of sadness, but then I checked the controls setup and found that the profile was strangely changed to one of those presets I never chose to use.

And then my stupid paranoia kicked in and thought that a personnel from the FH4 development team had been messing with my settings :lol: (because I submitted tickets in the support website and chose the option to let them access my profile or something along the lines of that - probably not the case though).

I bought an MR2 from the auction house for a cool $5M. I was disapointed to see that it was an old, crappy, inaccurate model, and the interior looks straight out of Xbox 360. I drove it for 5 mins and then immediately put it back on the auction house. Blegh.

I very nearly got a Porsche 906 from the AH for $275k but somebody beat me to the "buy it now" by seconds. Ergh. That's really the last car that I want that I don't have. Anyone have one they want to donate to a good cause?

I bought an MR2 from the auction house for a cool $5M. I was disapointed to see that it was an old, crappy, inaccurate model, and the interior looks straight out of Xbox 360. I drove it for 5 mins and then immediately put it back on the auction house. Blegh.

The SW20? Yeah, that's been one of the worst offenders for ages.

Ok, I was playing on a One S, and now I have a Series X. HOLY COW, what a difference going to 60 fps and 4k - not to mention the virtually non-existent load times.

I'm blown away.

Edit: Fast Travel is almost instantaneous and traveling to Lego or Fortune Island only takes me about 5-7 seconds.

Last edited:
Ok, I was playing on a One S, and now I have a Series X. HOLY COW, what a difference going to 60 fps and 4k - not to mention the virtually non-existent load times.

I'm blown away.

Edit: Fast Travel is almost instantaneous and traveling to Lego or Fortune Island only takes me about 5-7 seconds.
Agreed. Can't remember the game looking this good even on my uber PC. And with VRR and HDR on my 55" LG GX it really is a thing of beauty.

To the Series X guys, some of the new prize cars have see thru exhausts, does the xbox fix this since it uses a better car model? Thanks.

Ex- Ford Puma
Nissan Pulsar

I plan on getting the series X but it won't be until the middle of next year, probably.
same... atm i dont see the reason to trade in my xbox one s which is working just fine atm and i may just upgrade my pc instead of getting the new system. unless its a really good deal...

quick question seeing there is 2 versions of next gen xbox should i get the series x or the series s? i got a 1080p tv and not sure if we will get a new 4k tv unless the old one broke...

same... atm i dont see the reason to trade in my xbox one s which is working just fine atm and i may just upgrade my pc instead of getting the new system. unless its a really good deal...

quick question seeing there is 2 versions of next gen xbox should i get the series x or the series s? i got a 1080p tv and not sure if we will get a new 4k tv unless the old one broke...
For me the decision came down to 2 factors. First, I still have games on discs that I still enjoy (along with the odd steelbook case).
The 2nd, and a big one my family, we were in the market for a new TV earlier this year. In our size range (55"-60"), there literally were no 1080 models to find. Everything was 4K, and they were cheaper than $400 (we spent about $375).
Even if we hadn't bought a new TV, I look at the Series X as a way of preserving backwards compatibility while future-proofing as well.

For me the decision came down to 2 factors. First, I still have games on discs that I still enjoy (along with the odd steelbook case).
The 2nd, and a big one my family, we were in the market for a new TV earlier this year. In our size range (55"-60"), there literally were no 1080 models to find. Everything was 4K, and they were cheaper than $400 (we spent about $375).
Even if we hadn't bought a new TV, I look at the Series X as a way of preserving backwards compatibility while future-proofing as well.
I worked for bestbuy about 6 years ago and its crazy how TV prices have changed since then. Back then 4k was just slowly trickling out and the newest thing on the market. And a nice 60in 4k im talking sony and samsung would be at least a grand not even fully loaded with smart features, 3D, HDR etc. Now its dirt cheap, what a time to be alive.

Last edited:
DK

Huh, I thought that was just me. I have a custom wheel profile mapped. Each time I've loaded the game, it's gone to the default wheel profile.

should i get the series x or the series s
Most of the games nowadays support performance mode with 1080/1440p and higher frame rate. If you could afford XSX - buy it instead of XSS. XSS is an entry level console with bunch of downsides, while XSX is ultimate gaming machine for what it cost.

Man you guys making me want to order a series X now lol. Im still on the original xbox one with FH4 and i mean my TV is decent and the game already looks good to me.
This thread & various YT videos has pushed me to buy an Xbox Series X. Or I will be getting one after Christmas at least. Horizon 4 looks absolutely stunning on the series X, it looked gorgeous on the original Xbox One too. Can’t wait! :D

Hmm as an Xbox One X owner and Series S purchaser it sounds like a visual downgrade for my 1440p panel. I will give it a go and see what version I keep. Honestly 30 fps has been enough for me, at this point, the Horizons have always has a great sense of speed.

Last edited:
Exactly the same setup for me at the moment...

I'm really happy even with the performance mode on One X in FH4 and I'm not rushing for an upgrade at all. Might be really interesting to read some opinions here in different threads about the different games as well before getting any of the new Xboxes for me :gtpflag:

Disappointed about the shadow casting during races, that was a neat look on the One X. Not sure why it's missing but perhaps will be turned on in the next patch. I noticed Panic Button on the intro when you boot the game up, why did Playground outsource to them? I thought they had plenty of staff?

I checked the cars like Jeep Trackhawk for the missing exhaust modeling when you move the camera around, it's still missing unfortunately and this was reported for several cars many months ago. Guess it's not a priority.

I noticed Panic Button on the intro when you boot the game up, why did Playground outsource to them? I thought they had plenty of staff?

I think they outsourced it because most of the team behind FH4 has probably moved on to different jobs and duties. Those left might not have any optimization skills. No idea though.

If this is series 28, does that mean I've been at the same Horizon festival for 28 years?

Year 28, im still stuck in the festival (who the 🤬 is funding this?). I've kicked out another family of their home. They say the festival is raising money for the people in the neighboring towns, but all I see is them building parking garages to make room for the participants vehicles.The music won't stop, I keep hearing the same songs everyday. I pray everyday for atleast half an hour of silence, but it never comes.The farmers have been revolting against the race organizers for the courses going through their fields only to be quickly silenced. As I lay in bed in my castle, I wonder if this is truly moral.

Last edited:
Year 28, im still stuck in the festival (who the 🤬 is funding this?). I've kicked out another family of their home. They say the festival is raising money for the people in the neighboring towns, but all I see is them building parking garages to make room for the participants vehicles.The music won't stop, I keep hearing the same songs everyday. I pray everyday for atleast half an hour of silence, but it never comes.The farmers have been revolting against the race organizers for the courses going through their fields only to be quickly silenced. As I lay in bed in my castle, I wonder if this is truly moral.
:lol:

10/10 would read again.

You’d think after year maybe 5, they’d’ve tried to move the local economy to something that can benefit from all the tourists and automotive industry growing in the area. *shrugs*
Maybe 29th year’s the charm

Back