Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
To self-quote and continue the above post (which might be of interest to @Vic Reign93) - I've been watching the telemetry during Team King for the last few weeks, and it looks like there is an air restrictor being used to slow down anyone carrying the crown. Electric cars have zero torque loss, naturally aspirated cars have a lot of torque loss, and forced induction cars have a lot of torque loss alongside a big drop in boost. The boost telemetry doesn't show vacuum, but if it did I suspect the N/A cars would be showing something like -10psi when the slowdown is applied. As the electric cars don't use engines (electric motors are a separate part of the simulation), they don't get slowed down by the restrictor. Interesting oversight though - as far as I'm aware there were no electric cars at launch, so easy to miss I suppose.
Would be interesting to see if the same can be reproduced in FH2 and 3. As far as I'm aware they both had similar playground modes which have the slowdowns in various situations, but they also both had the Tesla Model S at launch.

Would be interesting to see if the same can be reproduced in FH2 and 3. As far as I'm aware they both had similar playground modes which have the slowdowns in various situations, but they also both had the Tesla Model S at launch.

Same thing happens in FM7. In free play I was setting up a race with the Formula E cars to have the race power level instead of the qualifying power they have as default, it made no difference to the cars performance.

What was odd about this Weekly ForzaThon was that even though I owned a 1993 McLaren F1 (upgraded though), the ForzaThon event wouldn't start. I had to waste 2 million credits just to get the ForzaThon event to actually work.

Sooo, I've taken the plunge this week and picked up a second hand One X with FH4, FH3, FH2, FM6 and FM7.

I've never had an xbox before but now seemed the time to "catch up" with the Forza games before GT7 arrives.

If you have added me on PSN, it's the same username - cutback73

Happy for others to add me from here - just mention GTP please :cheers:

I dont race online, however will be good to have times to compare against and you might see me as a new Drivatar :D

Spent the day downloading all the 120+ cars into my garage and ticking them off on Kudosprime. And doing wheelspins... I had so much stuff thrown at me with the Ultimate Edition, I've completed the whole year to unlock the Festival and only had to do 3 races :lol:

It looks like we have more E-Classes to look forward to. This was posted on Facebook a about a week ago.
unnamed (3).jpg

Blue Ridge Mercedes is a vintage Mercedes repair shop in Georgia. Here is he Hammer Wagon in question:
82051_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

It was featured in a Petrolicious video in 2017

I believe it is the only 6.0 S124 Hammer however I could be wrong on that. It also confirms that the 2006 E55 from the leaked list is an estate as well as they have scanned a 500E.

Last edited:
I believe it is the only 6.0 S124 Hammer however I could be wrong on that.

From everything I've read on the AMG 124s that is the case, yeah - one estate, about 12 coupes, and about 17 saloons with the AMG 4v heads, although not all of the saloons and coupes are 6-litre. There's also one estate with the 331ps 6.0 2v, but that one doesn't count as a 'Hammer' as it has the standard Mercedes heads.

A question re the Festival.

I have won the Season challenges in the Lotus, and in the BMW, at Above Average avatar level, but other than receiving the £40k, nothing has happened to the percentage completion.

Does this mean you only get the Festival season percentage if you win the events against Highly Skilled avatars? If that's the case, Highly Skilled is likely to always be above my skill level and I'll NEVER be able to win e.g. 50% completion prizes like the Singer this week :(

I feel like it should give you the percentage completion even at the Average and Above Average levels, otherwise there is very little point in playing the weekly races for Season events for many people at average skill level?

Last edited:
A question re the Festival.

I have won the Season challenges in the Lotus, and in the BMW, at Above Average avatar level, but other than receiving the £40k, nothing has happened to the percentage completion.

Does this mean you only get the Festival season percentage if you win the events against Highly Skilled avatars? If that's the case, Highly Skilled is likely to always be above my skill level and I'll NEVER be able to win e.g. 50% completion prizes like the Singer this week :(

I feel like it should give you the percentage completion even at the Average and Above Average levels, otherwise there is very little point in playing the weekly races for Season events for many people at average skill level?
It is really more of a car/tune combo than the AI difficulty. Try the official forum. You can find car/tune suggestions for every season there.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics110_forza-horizon-4-discussion.aspx

Last edited:
It looks like we have more E-Classes to look forward to. This was posted on Facebook a about a week ago.View attachment 973266

Blue Ridge Mercedes is a vintage Mercedes repair shop in Georgia. Here is he Hammer Wagon in question:
82051_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

It was featured in a Petrolicious video in 2017

I believe it is the only 6.0 S124 Hammer however I could be wrong on that. It also confirms that the 2006 E55 from the leaked list is an estate as well as they have scanned a 500E.

d3272a1d425d87a557a2f54f761840fc.gif

Anybody know why the Singer sounds like it has turbos? Or is it the trans whine?

So I’m not the only one thinking it sounded like a turbo? Nice. Certainly doesn’t sound like that in reality. Don’t know if that was the issue alluded to in previous posts. I’m on a Xbox One S for what it’s worth

Last edited:
Much harder to win in such fast cars, as the Mclaren F1, and traffic cars in a race makes it even harder.

Key with the Marathon is to remember that it's a marathon... There's plenty of time to win the race, so you don't have to be in the lead by turn 3, unlike a lot of the shorter races. There are some areas on the map where if you're in the F1, you're much faster than the rest of the field, particularly heading north along the eastern shore of the lake, when you get to the long straight over the moorland, and when you're heading south alongside the water towards the finish. I also found that I can carry a lot more speed through the section that wraps around the windmill. The F1 has excellent traction out of slow corners. However, it can have some high speed instability: when you're on the climb away from the festival site, there are a couple of right-handers that look like they should be flat, but which are not.

As for the traffic, I find that it occurs in very similar spots along the length of the route, so you can usually anticipate it. If your sightlines are short, don't be afraid to hide in behind an AI competitor: they know where the traffic is and will usually avoid it. Be careful around the waterfall: you will usually be carrying A LOT more speed than the AI, which you will need to keep, because the AI's speed is also high. I have found there is frequently traffic there, and it's a really bad place to hit an NPC because it costs you a lot of time.

Well, they seem to have finally fixed the monthly rival event bug.
I hope they will soon fix the livery and vinyl group import bug as well.

Advice for the weekly Forzathon:
The AI chooses a car that performs close to your car. That is, it is easier to keep it close to stock than to upgrade it to S1/900 or S2/998, which makes the event easier. (In my opinion, you should swap to AWD, though...)
And unlike the season championship, you do not have to play on a specific difficulty.

Race tyres in the McLaren F1, easy and early on the brakes to carry the most speed in the wider turns and not upset the tail, easy on the power coming out of the 90 degree corners.

Seems Rivals is bugged. Completed clean laps, it doesn't turn gold nor raise the percentage up.

Update as noted above, seems it was fixed. My ticket was updated to confirm this. Also mentioned by Mike Brown on Discord. Glad that was taken care of.

The focus on the McLaren F1 for the Forzathon challenges this week made me notice just what a bad job they've done with it. For some reason it has the weight of the awful Ameritech-modified cars with all of the thrown-together workarounds for US legality, ending up more than 10% heavier than it should be. Even with full weight reduction it's 40kg heavier than a standard F1, and a good 140kg heavier than real-world F1s with weight reduction like the LM, never mind the GTR.

The active aero doesn't react to braking either, and I'm pretty sure the fan-powered ground effect is completely missing. Disappointing, when it's such a well known and heavily documented car.

The focus on the McLaren F1 for the Forzathon challenges this week made me notice just what a bad job they've done with it. For some reason it has the weight of the awful Ameritech-modified cars with all of the thrown-together workarounds for US legality, ending up more than 10% heavier than it should be. Even with full weight reduction it's 40kg heavier than a standard F1, and a good 140kg heavier than real-world F1s with weight reduction like the LM, never mind the GTR.

The active aero doesn't react to braking either, and I'm pretty sure the fan-powered ground effect is completely missing. Disappointing, when it's such a well known and heavily documented car.

I believe the car they scanned was an Ameritech car that was converted back to "normal" like all of them were on North American shores. I think it's the metallic orange one that was seen doing donuts on a runway and other shenanigans back in the day.

As far as active aero and ground effects, that's mostly down to the game engine... you'll notice none of the cars with active aero (and ground effects) do diddly-squat, it's purely cosmetic.

Back