Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
Well I hate to be that guy but.... The GT500 has pre-facelift taillights instead of the newer pointier ones. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would though. The Shelby 1000 is an ok addition, I wish we'd have gotten the much overlooked '13 Boss 302 though, it was one of my most used cars in FH1 and sounded pretty good too.

I think Dubai would be a good location too. I mean can you imagine that scenery with a Lykan Fenyr or hypersport doing a photoshoot with the burj khalifah poking through the sky on a summer sunset

Well I hate to be that guy but.... The GT500 has pre-facelift taillights instead of the newer pointier ones. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would though. The Shelby 1000 is an ok addition, I wish we'd have gotten the much overlooked '13 Boss 302 though, it was one of my most used cars in FH1 and sounded pretty good too.

Yeah, if they had to include another Mustang (did they really have to? :lol:) there's quite a few I would feature before the 1000...which isn't much different from a GT500 to begin with. Would love to see a notchback/coupe version of the Foxbody Mustang (maybe, specifically, Matt Farah's IRS equipped car) or a '66 GT350R.

Well I hate to be that guy but.... The GT500 has pre-facelift taillights instead of the newer pointier ones.

Apparently the 2020 GT500 uses pre-facelift headlights because it wasn’t feasible to update every cosmetic aspect of the Shelby. At least that’s what I’ve read, but not sure if it has changed since then.

Edit: The tail lights appear wrong in the game.

Last edited:
Apparently the 2020 GT500 uses pre-facelift headlights because it wasn’t feasible to update every cosmetic aspect of the Shelby. At least that’s what I’ve read, but not sure if it has changed since then.

For a second your post made me worried Forza cut corners with the model, but that’s fortunately not the case. I prefer the older headlights anyway.

Tail lights. They do appear to be wrong.

2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-view-driving-carbuzz-532157.jpg

Tail lights. They do appear to be wrong.

2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-view-driving-carbuzz-532157.jpg

I somehow read that wrong... Oh well then. Possibly fixable as they have the 2018 Mustang GT for reference. They've fixed small details like these in the past, so there may be hope if enough players point it out.

I have not been able to get online all day today. Looking at Forza’s Twitter feed, it looks like I’m not the only one.

View attachment 991126

View attachment 991127

Imitation of the technique introduced by the Forza Horizon official twitter account.

This technique of creating a photo studio with Super7 will give many photographers the opportunity to take the best photos.
The man who came up with this idea is a genius!

Amazing idea!!
There is a sharing code or something for this Super 7 Challenge Card?

I wonder if there's more legit 'leak' in the game.
As far as I know, there are 911 sport classic(997), Porsche 928, P1 GTR, Grand Wagoneer, 15 Mustang GT, Focus ST, Raesr Tachyon, etc.
Do we have more additions?

This is the third Valentine’s Day since FH4 came out (and the fourth for FM7). We got this Valentine’s Day GTA Spano this year, and a Valentine’s Day themed C1 Corvette and BAC Mono last year. Did we get anything in 2019? I don’t recall.

So there was this FH5 map reportedly leaked on 4chan, I dont know if its true or not but there it is
Somebody posted something similar earlier this week which showed less cities but this is starting to look legit. I dont see why this wouldnt qualify as a "rough draft" map for FH5.

Last edited:
So there was this FH5 map reportedly leaked on 4chan, I dont know if its true or not but there it is
The way the ground transitions from green to the MT Fuji aera tells me that IF this is real it is still an early concept image for pre-production purposes and not all all representative of how it will look in the final game. It is a consistent and relatively small fade, and I'd bet a final product would have more attention to it to make the transition feel more realistic. The ground textures are definitely just satellite images of the area stitched together.

Last edited:
The way the ground transitions from green to the MT Fuji aera tells me that IF this is real it is still an early concept image for pre-production purposes and not all all representative of how it will look in the final game. It is a consistent and relatively small fade, and I'd bet a final product would have more attention to it to make the transition feel more realistic. The ground textures are definitely just satellite images of the area stitched together.

Another thing I noticed between the two different leaked maps were the dates in the corners (2020-1-12 and 2020-8-19). I don't know if it lends any credence or lack of it to this leak, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

It seems to me like both maps are missing roads, especially this new one. Mt. Fuji doesn't have any of its characteristic switchback mountain roads, which is odd to me. Also, I'm not sure about the yellow roads on the map. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be offroad or highways, but they seem to be highways based on their length and lack of tight turns. If that's the case, then where are all the dirt roads?

Just a couple of things I wanted to point out.

unnamed.png

I've read on various sites that the alleged "leaked" images are tentative for internal meetings, or that the map is heavily deformed like FH2, but I'm skeptical of the series of images.

This image is a map of Japan, but you can see that the current images on reddit have a very strange layout compared to this one.
Morioka is a city in Iwate Prefecture, and Akita Prefecture is located on the left side of Iwate Prefecture, unlike the leaked image.
And both of them are far away from Kanagawa Prefecture (Yokohama).

It is already widely known that PG goes to the local area to do research when creating a game.
Would they really make such a childish mistake? It's impossible.

This image is a map of Japan, but you can see that the current images on reddit have a very strange layout compared to this one.
It is already widely known that PG goes to the local area to do research when creating a game.

I don't think these alleged leaks are at all real, but it's not like FH4's map is anything like the shape of the UK. Bamburgh Castle is 60 miles north of the Lake District, and the Uffington White Horse is around 240 miles south of there. Every single English city north of London is missing from the map - it skips from Northumberland to the Cotswolds in less than the width of Edinburgh.

View attachment 991363

I've read on various sites that the alleged "leaked" images are tentative for internal meetings, or that the map is heavily deformed like FH2, but I'm skeptical of the series of images.

Morioka is a city in Iwate Prefecture, and Akita Prefecture is located on the left side of Iwate Prefecture, unlike the leaked image.
And both of them are far away from Kanagawa Prefecture (Yokohama).

I really hope Forza Horizon 5 will be set in Japan. Whether this map is real or close to reality. We will only find out when the game releases either later this year or in 2022 (more likely I think). Chances are that the location is now locked-in and that they are currently finetuning the map.

When it comes to a realistic portrayal of the country/region, Playground Games have taken a big artistic license in the past. Forza Horizon 4 basically covers anything from the Cotswolds in the south of England to the Highlands in central Scotland. It has the Glenfinnan Viaduct on the same latitude as Edinburg whereas it is much further to the north.

When you look at Horizon 3 for example, they placed Byron bay south of the Twelve Apostles whereas in reality it is way north of it.

Personally, I think this is all acceptable. This is a game after all and not a 1:1 reproduction of a country. I am looking forward to seeing what Playground Games will come up with next. If it is indeed Japan, I will be over the moon. Let's hope they do it justice with great switchback roads on the slopes of Mount Fuji.

Latest Posts

Back