Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
https://streetfighterla.com/products/evo-x-widebody-kit-1

bandicam 2021-06-14 03-07-55-776.png

bandicam 2021-06-14 03-14-39-630.png

Well, the community has been asking for a new body kit for a long time.
It looks like they've done it. And not the "Forza" crap either, but a proper real brand kit.

This body kit is another one of those "Rocket-Bunny-Like" designs that are all the rage today, but it still makes sense that they would add a real body kit like this. And it's from a brand other than RB, LB, and RWB.

From the FAQ page:

"A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades."

Geeked for this, but that first sentence... are they revamping livery editor???

From the FAQ page:

"A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades."

They better. GT Sport showed that uploading images is possible, and feasible. Something that Turn 10/Playground should have been on the ball with years ago.

From the FAQ page:

i hope the livery editor will allow window decals. people been asking for that for years same with coloring disc brakes. only reason they said no disc brakes or window decals in fh4 was because it would require us basically downloading the full game for it to be updated (at least thats what i remembered them saying about it in a stream while back).

They better. GT Sport showed that uploading images is possible, and feasible. Something that Turn 10/Playground should have been on the ball with years ago.
If that happens, I'll leave this series.
For me, I was more comfortable with the current tools than with Illustrator or Inkscape. (And it didn't cost me anything extra.)

Did you guys noticed the McLaren lowering the roof in the open? I am a believer!
The game looks amazing but that was a given. I can't wait for November. It's a shame is not next gen only, but I was expecting it. And I'm glad the Eliminator wasn't scraped. Heck even Super 7 looks way better. I'm really, really happy!!

If that happens, I'll leave this series.
For me, I was more comfortable with the current tools than with Illustrator or Inkscape. (And it didn't cost me anything extra.)

The fact of the matter is, compare a livery of a real car (for example, a Subaru Impreza with a Subaru WRT livery) on GT Sport and on Forza since, for example, Horizon 3. Forza looks like garbage, and almost never really gets close to getting a livery 100% right - mainly from people having to use the tools that Turn 10/Playground haven't updated since Forza Motorsport 3 to build something. GT Sport does, and it certainly isn't an issue of not wanting to do it because of people posting potentially inflammatory and offensive liveries and logos. A good moderation team can prevent that.

And besides, its what the people want. And what the series desperately needs considering its one trump card over GT, for years, has now been bettered by the series its closest to in terms of gameplay structure.

Did you guys noticed the McLaren lowering the roof in the open? I am a believer!
The game looks amazing but that was a given. I can't wait for November. It's a shame is not next gen only, but I was expecting it. And I'm glad the Eliminator wasn't scraped. Heck even Super 7 looks way better. I'm really, really happy!!

I wouldn't get excited just yet. They did that in promo vids for FH4 too, until we see actual gameplay footage of FH5 with convertible tops raising/lowering, it's all just speculation.

Also, I know it is your opinion, but I don't see it as a shame it is cross gen, they want to reach the largest player base possible and with as hard to get as next gen systems are, the only way to do it right now is cross-gen.

Edit: Just watched some gameplay and saw it happen, so I guess they finally did it.

Last edited:
i hope the livery editor will allow window decals. people been asking for that for years same with coloring disc brakes. only reason they said no disc brakes or window decals in fh4 was because it would require us basically downloading the full game for it to be updated (at least thats what i remembered them saying about it in a stream while back).
It would be epic to see higher-quality custom liveries, as Horizon 4's custom liveries are too pixelated.

Anybody ever have a problem where the rewind button refuses to function? I press Y and nothing happens. I even tried deliberately missing a gate just to see what would happen. The message came up on the screen telling me I missed a gate and to press the Y button to rewind. As soon as I pressed it, the message disappeared but it didn’t rewind, I would think it’s my controller, but it’s brand new, and this issue predates my current controller. I quit and restarted my XBox and it’s working again.

Last edited:
If the dlc/season event cars were great in Horizon 4 I’m sure they’ll have some good surprises for new or returning cars for Horizon 5’s reward cars.

Anybody ever have a problem where the rewind button refuses to function? I press Y and nothing happens. I even tried deliberately missing a gate just to see what would happen. The message came up on the screen telling me I missed a gate and to press the Y button to rewind. As soon as I pressed it, the message disappeared but it didn’t rewind, I would think it’s my controller, but it’s brand new, and this issue predates my current controller. I quit and restarted my XBox and it’s working again.

Not sure when it started but it is listed in "known issues" on the official forum, which is now a massive list!

So now that Forza Horizon 5 is 'official' I am guessing we will start to see the wind down in the 'Seasonal' Playlists and October is probably the last one where they will be any 'actual' new content for Horizon 4 or do you regulars think it will be earlier?

Just trying to get an idea for planning my 'gaming' for the coming months.

It's the game not the controller. I'm on PC and a restart normally cures it. I hope they fix this in the new game.

It's the game not the controller. I'm on PC and a restart normally cures it. I hope they fix this in the new game.

Restarting the PC or the game should not be necessary in most cases. Just exiting out of the race and starting a new race should be sufficient. Selecting restart race from within the race session is not sufficient, you need to exit the race completely. It is a known issue that occurs sporadically.

Trying to get into this for the THIRD time, the difference this time is, I've spent money on it now.
My base copy was free, but I picked up the Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle for £15.99 in the Xbox sale.

"We dont have anyone working on the game anymore, so we wont fix the bug with the "Magnate" Star Card". Is my guess at paraphrasing the unresolved issue.

But you can buy it in this week's Forzathon shop, if your game is still bugged like mine!

This week's speed zone was a nightmare.
Snow, endless spawning traffic, and 🤬 rock walls.
I finally cleared the wall by destroying the rock wall beforehand and hoping it wouldn't regenerate, fast traveling, taking significant shortcuts and wall riding on bridges.

Hopefully in FH5 they won't set up such a 🤬 PR stunt.

This week's speed zone was a nightmare.
Snow, endless spawning traffic, and 🤬 rock walls.
I finally cleared the wall by destroying the rock wall beforehand and hoping it wouldn't regenerate, fast traveling, taking significant shortcuts and wall riding on bridges.

Hopefully in FH5 they won't set up such a 🤬 PR stunt.
I’ve been working on this speed zone for the past couple hours. I’ve tried my usual Agera RS, the Hoonigan RS200, 599FXX, my own tunes, getting tunes from the shop, snow tires, race tires, anything I can think of. I’m still 5 mph short.

I’ve been working on this speed zone for the past couple hours. I’ve tried my usual Agera RS, the Hoonigan RS200, 599FXX, my own tunes, getting tunes from the shop, snow tires, race tires, anything I can think of. I’m still 5 mph short.
Perhaps you have already done that, but it is important to destroy the stone walls and poles in front and behind the bridge beforehand.
These will probably regenerate once you are a certain distance away, so once you are some distance away, take the western route into the speed zone.

Then, shortcut the inside stone wall in front of the bridge and use the bridge for wall riding.
Once through the bridge, take the next right-hand corner as a shortcut or with minimal braking.

I was able to accomplish this by redoing it three times with my Hoonigan RS200.
However, this speed zone is still probably the most difficult and least fun "challenge" of the seasonal speed zones.

Last edited:
Perhaps you have already done that, but it is important to destroy the stone walls and poles in front and behind the bridge beforehand.
These will probably regenerate once you are a certain distance away, so once you are some distance away, take the western route into the speed zone.

Then, shortcut the inside stone wall in front of the bridge and use the bridge for wall riding.
Once through the bridge, take the next right-hand corner as a shortcut or with minimal braking.

I was able to accomplish this by redoing it three times with my Hoonigan RS200.
However, this speed zone is still probably the most difficult and least fun "challenge" of the seasonal speed zones.
I’ve been trying if from the opposite direction. I carry so much speed going east that my average speed starts much higher and drops slower. But if you were able to do it the other way, I’ll give that a try, too.

EDIT: I finally got it. I used the Hoonigan RS200 with a tune by Don Joewan Song called Ninja Skills V.2. I cleared out the rock walls as you suggested but I went from west to east. After 45 minutes, I finally got 140.63mph.

Last edited:
Now that Forza Horizon 5 is out of the bag, when will they annouce their "so called" Super 7 High Stakes? Or is it forgotten?

It should come in one of the last updates, as I cannot imagine they would just cancel that promise. I’m also thinking FH4 will get wrapped up in the not too distant future, sadly but it had to happen eventually.

My guess is:
July: Series 37
August: Series 38
September: Series 39
October: Series 40 (bye)
November: FH5

I really hope FH4 doesn’t end support sooner than Series 40, primarily because I’m still hoping to see a few more returning cars (Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600, BMW M635CSi, Opel Kadett C GT/E, etc.)

Last edited:
It should come in one of the last updates, as I cannot imagine they would just cancel that promise. I’m also thinking FH4 will get wrapped up in the not too distant future, sadly but it had to happen eventually.

My guess is:
July: Series 37
August: Series 38
September: Series 39
October: Series 40 (bye)
November: FH5

I really hope FH4 doesn’t end support sooner than Series 40, primarily because I’m still hoping to see a few more returning cars (Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600, BMW M635CSi, Opel Kadett C GT/E, etc.)

I think High Stakes will come imminently, as it seemed to be teased with that whiteboard pic a while ago now. It might have been held up due to "all hands on deck" for FH5, anyone freed up to finish High Stakes is not available to work on FH5 during that time.

I will be surprised if we get to Series 40 to be honest, however anything more we get in terms of new cars feels like gravy at this point, it's not like they haven't already thrown a lot of free cars at us already.

I'm more interested in this point at what happens when they wrap up the game.

I hope that they added the Series in such a way that they can leave them on auto rotate somehow going forward, maybe restarting from Series 1. There are a LOT of new players who joined after the first year, and who will have missed early stuff. Not all of those cars are easy to get in the Auction House.

However, I have a suspicion that they might not have added the Series in a way to make that easy to implement.

I hope that they added the Series in such a way that they can leave them on auto rotate somehow going forward, maybe restarting from Series 1. There are a LOT of new players who joined after the first year, and who will have missed early stuff. Not all of those cars are easy to get in the Auction House.

Perhaps the Backstage Pass system was intended for this purpose - the final series could just be a repeating one that awards Passes, and locked cars keep going up for voting every week until they're all in there.

That, or the new player has missed out and are expected to buy FH5.

Back