Forza Horizon 4: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 13,852 comments
I would love for us get one more pass at all the PO cars, and the Maserati Levante. They’re not available anywhere but the auction house, and no one is selling. And unlock the chauffeur outfit already! It’s been in the outfits tab for more than two years. What are they waiting for? Honestly, they should just unlock everything once they’re done with new Series.

I would love for us get one more pass at all the PO cars, and the Maserati Levante. They’re not available anywhere but the auction house, and no one is selling. And unlock the chauffeur outfit already! It’s been in the outfits tab for more than two years. What are they waiting for? Honestly, they should just unlock everything once they’re done with new Series.

The Maserati Levante is one of the 2 choices in Backstage this week, and is standing at 67%, so you should be able to buy it with a Backstage Pass after Thursday.

The Maserati Levante is one of the 2 choices in Backstage this week, and is standing at 67%, so you should be able to buy it with a Backstage Pass after Thursday.
Excellent. It’s not for me though. I have it already. It’s for my best friend. Other than a few PO cars, it’s the only thing he’s missing.

#WorbenWednesday
WorbenWednesday.jpg

Coming Soon - Surely that has to be the Super 7 (High Stakes??).

Maybe with the second one they are going to show the east of the FH5 map?

East of Guanajuanto is the VUHL Automotive HQ. We can get the VUHL 05RR, as it was FM7 DLC.

And the "Coming Soon" clue can refer to Super 7 High Stakes which had the "Coming Soon" tag for months now. It was supposed to be released early this year IIRC but given how broken the Steam Edition is, they delayed it. We have 2 more cars relating to the number 7 on the leaked list, the 1989 Lincoln Continental LSC Mark VII and the Aston Martin DB7 Zagato which will certainly be rewards as the Triumph TR7 and Austin Seven were Super 7 Rewards.

However, it may be possible that the Mastretta MXT can be introduced in FH4/5, but I'm not sure how it is related to the clues.

Attachments

• Aston_Martin_DB7_Zagato_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg
    Aston_Martin_DB7_Zagato_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 85lsc.jpg
    85lsc.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Masretta_of_Mexico,_The_MXT_-_Flickr_-_Moto@Club4AG.jpg
    Masretta_of_Mexico,_The_MXT_-_Flickr_-_Moto@Club4AG.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
East of Guanajuanto is the VUHL Automotive HQ. We can get the VUHL 05RR, as it was FM7 DLC.

And the "Coming Soon" clue can refer to Super 7 High Stakes which had the "Coming Soon" tag for months now. It was supposed to be released early this year IIRC but given how broken the Steam Edition is, they delayed it. We have 2 more cars relating to the number 7 on the leaked list, the 1989 Lincoln Continental LSC Mark VII and the Aston Martin DB7 Zagato which will certainly be rewards as the Triumph TR7 and Austin Seven were Super 7 Rewards.

However, it may be possible that the Mastretta MXT can be introduced in FH4/5, but I'm not sure how it is related to the clues.
You're right, and it makes sense too. The VUHL 05RR is the only Mexican car in the XBOX One-era Forza games and bringing it into Forza Horizon 4 would help with the Forza Horizon 5 hype.

would be nice if we get the 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. they recently moved the production of all the Tacomas in us to Guanajuato last year. when looking at google maps the manufacturing plant is near the eastern border of Guanajuato State.
2020-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Pro-30.jpg

wont mind seeing a newer pickup in the game. especially something that isn't an American pickup.

Coming Soon - Surely that has to be the Super 7 (High Stakes??).

Maybe with the second one they are going to show the east of the FH5 map?
Super 7 high stakes seems likely. I remember there was some sort of leak showing a 2021 Lexus as a reward for the high stakes mode...

l5f7zwfwlvf61.jpg

Last edited:
I just got an XBOX Series S with the game pass and am really enjoying the game after six hours or so. Other than the starter Dodge Charger not sounding correct, everything so far is great. The formula drift vehicles are free, and with that including a Viper, it is a great way to start. Soon after I bought the BAC Mono and tuned it to max settings. It is really cool being really early in the game and already having a really fast car. Then I bought the Unimog and it didn't fail to disappoint, well over 100 mph in deep water and can smash through traffic without losing speed is a crazy combination.
I do have two questions though. Is there any reason to buy a vehicle from the showroom? From what I can tell there is always the same vehicle for cheaper on the auction house. Also, are certain vehicles not allowed in certain events, or can anything have enough performance upgrades to be used anywhere?

1: There are three main reasons to buy a car from an auto show.
  • You will be the first owner of that car.
  • You can choose your favorite body color/livery at the time of purchase.
  • Unlike the livery search from the "Design" tab, the livery preview function is available when you purchase from auto show.

Other than that, there are no other advantages. You can buy a car in any way you like, as the performance of the car does not deteriorate with mileage like in other games.

2: With the exception of seasonal events, all cars are basically free to participate in the events.
On some courses, the default event settings may be fixed to a specific category, but even in such cases, Blueprint allows you to use any car you like.
And since the AI will choose a car that matches your car's performance, you have the right to use any car you like, whether it's a D-class cult car or an X-class hypercar.

However, as mentioned earlier, seasonal events (events shown in the "Festival Playlist" in the main menu) specify the category, brand, and class of car to be used.
In order to participate in these events, you must have a car that meets the participation requirements.

You can choose your favorite body color/livery at the time of purchase.

Also worth noting for when your garage is more full - buying a car in a different standard colour from the showroom doesn't count as a custom livery, whereas buying it from the auction house then repainting it does. There's still a limit of 500 custom liveries in place, despite a garage size of 1000 cars.

@MOPARbarrett5 in addition to what @WanganDream said, buying cars from the Auto Show (dealer) also means all the car mastery unlocks will be available for you. Those are redeemable once per car (except for the ones that give you a boost for a number of races) so if you buy a used car and any mastery unlocks have been spent, you won't be able to get them back.

Is this a big deal though? These are the sorts of things you can get through mastery trees:
  • Cash bonuses of up to 100k, there might be one or two even higher?
  • Wheelspins
  • Car collector influence
  • Skill influence
  • Special cars
  • Skill score multipliers for specific things (like drifting, near misses, etc.)
  • Skill multiplier boosts - some cars can go up to 7x without a skill song (which boost your multiplier up to a maximum of 10x for the duration of the song)
  • Skill multiplier rate boosts (so your car can gain multipliers faster)
Of those, the best are of course wheelspins, cars and cash boosts, but if you just use the auction house you'd probably save far, far more in cheaper cars than you'd earn from redeeming every cash bonus from every car you ever get. The special cars are available on the auction house, so that just leaves wheelspins... Not sure how much they really matter to be honest, it's just a waiting game after all - play long enough and you'll get everything anyway.

There are a few cars you can only get from wheelspins, but guess what! They're on the auction house too, and they're common enough to not cost millions (I think? I sell mine at the lowest price at least, that is when I remember which cars are even worth the effort of catching and releasing on the AH).

View attachment 1062558

The orange body color and the race car style tires made me feel uncomfortable.
Then I looked it up on google and found out what it was.
This car could be the Vuhl 05 ROC Edition, not the Vuhl 05RR that was available in FM7.
That certainly seems to be the case. And undoubtedly the VUHL will make the jump to FH5. Which, interestingly enough, will feature a racing circuit at the Festival Hub.

So... ROC confirmed?

One thing to add @MOPARbarrett5 , the game throws a lot of free cars at you via the wheelspin, so you shouldn't really need to spend any significant money on cars for some time
2 cars got 300k cash skill that's in the auto shop (costs 150k to buy) basically simple way to make money is buying and selling said cars while u just get skill points to unlock the cash prize

One car i know got the 300k skill reward is the 1982 Porsche 911 so basically can double your money by buying the car in shop. 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432 is the other.

couple years ago some1 made a list of the cars with credit payout

Last edited:
  • Cash bonuses of up to 100k, there might be one or two even higher?
There are actually quite a few cars that have 100k, 200k or even 300k in their skill mastery tree. Every car in the Formula Drift DLC has 300,000 credits in its skill mastery (only the initial seven cars in the DLC. Cars added to FD afterwards do not have the credits.)

Even better though are the 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432 and the 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3. Each one has 300,000 credits in its skill mastery tree, but they’re both available from the auto show for only 150,000 credits each. Every one of these in the auction house will have already had the 300k removed, which means it’s cheaper to buy them full price in the autoshow rather than buying them at 90% off in the auction house. Allow me to demonstrate:

Buying in the autoshow:
-150,000 credits to purchase
+300,000 credits in skill mastery
________
+150,000 credits ahead and you now have a cool car. 👍🏼😃

Versus buying in the auction house:
-15,000 credits to purchase at minimum
+0 credits because someone else already took the 300k
______
-15,000 credits loss and a car someone has already plundered for all the good stuff. 👎🏼😩

Once you buy the car and grab the 300k credits, don’t bother trying to auction it off. No one is buying because they know the good stuff is already gone. Just delete them from your garage. Or keep it. I assume you’re going to buy more than one since each is a perpetual money machine. I know I was buying ten at a time.

Of course there is another cost. At minimum, you’re going to need to spend 19 skill points to unlock that money.

For @MOPARbarrett5, there are two ways to see your car’s skill mastery tree. In your house or the Forza Hub, select garage > upgrades & tuning > car mastery. Outside your house or the Forza Hub, select pause > cars > car mastery. Then you’ll know how many skill points you’ll need to spend.

It’s a little confusing, so let me see if I can unravel this for you. You get skill scores for everything you do while driving. For every 50,000 skill score, you get 1 skill point. It’s the points you use to unlock the skill mastery bonuses in each car. Something they don’t tell you, though, is you can only earn 10 skill points at a time. Thats 500,000 skill score. You can keep going and earn well over 500,000 skill score, but you won’t earn any more than 10 skill points, so there’s no point in going past 500k. You need to break it up a little. Every car has a skill multiplier you unlock in the car mastery tree.
If your skill multiplier goes to 5, earn 100,000 skill points to get 500,000.
If your skill multiplier goes to 6, earn 83,333 skill points to get 500,000.
If your skill multiplier goes to 7, earn 71,429 skill points to get 500,000.
During skill songs, your skill multiplier automatically goes to ten, so earn 50,000 skill points to get 500,000.

My favorite way to grind skill score is to take the BMW M6 FE (a drift car with a skill multiplier that goes to 7), and drift up and down the drag strip on the beach next to Bambrough Castle. The combination of drift and wreckage skills from drifting through the lane dividers means I can collect my 500,000 skill score in less than 3 minutes. When I hit 72k skill score, I stop, bag my ten points and and get back to drifting.

Some other hopefully helpful hints: Do the Festival Playlist every week if you’re able. Lots of excellent scars as prizes, as well as for completing 50% and 80% of each season and series. Collect those backstage passes you get from completing 50% of each series. Some very rare cars are only available through the backstage pass. It gets a new car weekly, but don’t worry, old cars don’t drop off so you have time to grind for those passes.

Check out the Super 7. Not only are the Austin 7 and Triumph TR7 available through it, the prize changes each week and it’s almost always a rare car.

The Eliminator is fun, and the Mercury Cougar Eliminator is available through reaching level 25.

I apologize if I’ve been fansplaining stuff you already know. I love this game and it makes me happy when new people discover it.

Reading about the Saleen S1 and its business history, and my goodness, does it have a very controversial business history. It is probably almost as controversial as the DeLorean's business of building the DMC-12.

I hope the update will have at least two cars in addition to the VUHL.
There are hints towards Super7 High Stakes finally being added to the game. I'd expect that to net us at least a couple cars - perhaps the Lincoln MkVII and Aston DB7 that were mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls?

High Stakes looks pretty dumb, considering how much garbage has been produced and how few chances we're given to skip the impossible glitchy stuff...

High Stakes looks pretty dumb, considering how much garbage has been produced and how few chances we're given to skip the impossible glitchy stuff...
Especially if there are no unique cars or other rewards.

Last edited:
Especially if there are no unique cars or other rewards.
I'd rather be that way. If a new exclusive car, even a model I love, was locked behind this mode, I was supposed to play the terrible challenge in desperation.

Locking a new car behind a new mode is an incentive to force players to play those modes, but instead it gives them a negative feeling about that mode.
Especially for the type of players like me who only want the cars and are not interested in the new game modes.

If I heard correctly, this will be the last update that features new content, which while expected since the new game is coming in 5 months, feels a bit underwhelming.

I'd rather be that way. If a new exclusive car, even a model I love, was locked behind this mode, I was supposed to play the terrible challenge in desperation.

Locking a new car behind a new mode is an incentive to force players to play those modes, but instead it gives them a negative feeling about that mode.
Especially for the type of players like me who only want the cars and are not interested in the new game modes.
I'm kinda glad there is no special rewards for S7 High Stakes. I'm more anticipated for FH5 at this point, though I hope it has some rewards I'm currently missing right now. 👍

As for this update being the last one to feature new content. Imo, it's for the best. I would much prefer PG to focus on FH5 and end new updates for FH4 (except for updating the Festival Playlist) so nothing breaks, or bugs get added on to the game.

It's all about Forza Horizon 5 baby!!

Last edited:
As someone who is not planning on playing FH5, I’m sad that FH4 gets such a whimpy conclusion. The last three years have been nice, so I think the game deserved a few more series with new cars. Worst part is how some must-have cars from FH3 never returned despite being in the leaks. Sigh.

Back