Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
AR12 (I know, I know) just put up a video where it sounds like he saw a BCD of the game.

Looks like he saw the full map, confirms the mountain region in the northwest of the map

Confirms leagues (not much elaboration), Photomode in Online, Rewind in online plus a bunch of other details too.

I'm wondering how rewind specifically works online.

In terms of a British radio station, I feel we're we're far more likely to have a UK hip-hop/grime station. Think artists such as Stormzy, JME, Giggs, Dizzee Rascal etc.
Like it or lump it, it's probably the fastest growing genre in the world right now and I think it also suits the Forza Series quite well.

I'm just pissed off that they've never put anything HEAVY in. Even the Epitaph station was the softer bands on the Epitaph roster. Except for one track by Obey the Brave.

One song in 3 games is a real piss-take.

Not excited by the location at all. Australia was a very unique place. Not saying England is boring but I've never heard someone saying "My dream is to go sightseeing in England"
Me neither. Quite bummed by PG's choice, but then again that was the case as well with me when Australia was revealed.

I'm going to let the UK setting grow on me, just as with Australia, and let them prove me wrong.
I ended up playing FH3 for nearly 300 hours and during that time I loved every minute of it.

Based on some things reported, not sure how I feel about the seasons being a literal, week long deal.
I'd hope they were smart enough to let players change the seasons ''instantly'' if they so wished to do.

It’s an issue with capturing HDR content, came up in quite a few Forza Motorsport 7 videos last year too.
Ah right, think I remember reading about that. Hopefully some real good quality vids come out because I watched the conference on my XOX in 4K and literally jumped out of my seat at how unbelievable gorgeous the game looked. Haven't seen any vids that have matched that since.

In terms of a British radio station, I feel we're we're far more likely to have a UK hip-hop/grime station. Think artists such as Stormzy, JME, Giggs, Dizzee Rascal etc.
Like it or lump it, it's probably the fastest growing genre in the world right now and I think it also suits the Forza Series quite well.

If there isn't a grime station, I think that would be a pretty significant missed opportunity for expanding the soundtrack. Even more so when you consider the genre is present in GTA V and Need For Speed Payback.

Oh, that makes sense. I was hoping for expansion news

If it’s any reference FH3 was released September 2016 and the first time we saw that snow-covered Centenario screenshot hinting at a snow expansion was late November I think.

If the FH3 reveal months are any guide to follow then it will be like this:

- June = E3 reveal, reveal trailer, gameplay demo
- July/Aug = The 450 cars revealed (weekly)
- Aug = Gamescom + gameplay video of the full game with that bald guy again.
- September = playable demo
- September just before release = new release trailer

I can’t imagine there being a grime specific radio station, but definitely an all round hip hop station which also features grime. Like how on FH3 the hip hop station featured some Australian rap (yuck).

Trying to figure out what the preorder bonus cars are. These are all the companies you can preorder from:
MICROSOFT STORE
AMAZON U.S.
BEST BUY U.S.
EB GAMES AU
EB GAMES CA
GAME U.K.
GAMESTOP - 2017 Aston Martin DB11
SHOPTO U.K.
TARGET
WALMART

Only Gamestop has announced their preorder bonus car so far.

Last edited:
The Forza Horizon 4 wikia claims the following cars are the preorder bonuses but I've yet to find any confirmation (and the Gamestop car is wrong):

Subaru Impreza WRX-STI - Amazon
BMW 1 M Series Coupe - Best Buy
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde - Gamestop
Mini John Cooper Works Clubman - Walmart
Honda CR-Z EX - Target

I really hope this means a lot of the compact cars from Forza Motorsport 4 are making a return! 👍

EDIT: After doing some more research, it turns out those cars are bonuses for Forza Motorsport 4! I had suspicions since no car was newer than 2011. :lol:

Source

Last edited:
I really hope this means a lot of the compact cars from Forza Motorsport 4 are making a return! 👍

EDIT: After doing some more research, it turns out those cars are bonuses for Forza Motorsport 4! I had suspicions since no car was newer than 2011. :lol:

Source
I just edited out most of that post.

Speaking of the CR-Z, I've always wondered why seemingly all hybrids from the last gen never arrived on the One. The i8, NSX, and the Holy Trinity are about the only road cars I can think of, and then there's the LMPs.

If anything, Horizon 4 would be the perfect game for hybrids and more conventional hatchbacks to return. The UK is full of them! :P

-Drag Tires confirmed
-Ralph Fulton perhaps alludes to more tire compounds?
- Competitive 6v6 Team PVP mode called Team Adventure with Leaderboards, based on skill. Not on XP.

Back