Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Wow, the lighting really has moved on. There's a real feel of temperature to it that past Forzas just haven't really showcased, including Blizzard Mountain.

Nice comparison. šŸ‘

If anything, it reminds me a lot of how good it looked when it was raining in Horizon 2, where it really felt like those grey, dreary summer days.

The same house across three seasons;

8ASVnX8.png

7gNn6Qc.png

ykXXCSr.png
Nissan Titan Warrior Concept confirmed!

Hopefully they actually fixed the weight glitch that they couldn't fix in H3 this time.
It could ā€œeasilyā€ have been fixed. The reason it wasnā€™t was because it would cause all sorts of issues with the Tunes that people had saved.

If somebody used a ā€œbrokenā€ tune after a fix came out it would have the PI numbers of a low Class and the performance of a higher Class. That kind of thing greatly damages Leaderboard integrity.

Somebody on the reddit spotted the Fiesta GRC with BF Goodrich tire lettering on it in the demo

YPJBzf3.jpg

I did a quick google search and it doesn't look like the car comes with that tire lettering standard. Even the thumbnail leak doesn't include them.

Could this be a new customization option?

Reports that the audio in Forza Horizon 4 has an annoying grinding whiny noise deep in the mix probably stem from videos featuring the voice of Nick Andrew, such as this third instalment of AR12's mammoth interview with MS's Bill Dollar.

C'mon... someone had to post it. Plus, it's the weekend so playing the "count the ums" drinking game while watching him crash into things isn't exactly going to ruin your day.

Last edited:
Somebody on the reddit spotted the Fiesta GRC with BF Goodrich tire lettering on it in the demo

YPJBzf3.jpg

I did a quick google search and it doesn't look like the car comes with that tire lettering standard. Even the thumbnail leak doesn't include them.

Could this be a new customization option?

http://performance.ford.com/series/...assi-rallycross-earn-top-two-spots-of-gr.html

Also, I confirmed the #14 FIesta GRC with a tire letter on the Red Bull GRC website (which can't browse now, but hit by image search on google).

Nobody's said anything about it yet, but I love that the song in the official trailer is "I Can See for Miles" originally by The Who, one of the most iconic British rock bands. Here it's covered by Surfing The Apocalypse feat. Chelsea Davis. I'm hoping the song lists are weighted heavily to British artists both old and new in all sorts of genres.

Nobody's said anything about it yet, but I love that the song in the official trailer is "I Can See for Miles" originally by The Who, one of the most iconic British rock bands. Here it's covered by Surfing The Apocalypse feat. Chelsea Davis. I'm hoping the song lists are weighted heavily to British artists both old and new in all sorts of genres.
I'm listening to it on repeat at the moment. It's a respectable cover. šŸ‘

I'm listening to it on repeat at the moment. It's a respectable cover. šŸ‘
It's in the same spirit as the cover of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It could be argued the dirge-like piano cover has been played out, but I think there's life in the style when it's done with conviction.

It's in the same spirit as the cover of the Tears for Fears song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It could be argued the dirge-like piano cover has been played out, but I think there's life in the style when it's done with conviction.
I love The Who but epic trailers should accompanied by epic orchestrations.

Reports that the audio in Forza Horizon 4 has an annoying grinding whiny noise deep in the mix probably stem from videos featuring the voice of Nick Andrew, such as this third instalment of AR12's mammoth interview with MS's Bill Dollar.

C'mon... someone had to post it. Plus, it's the weekend so playing the "count the ums" drinking game while watching him crash into things isn't exactly going to ruin your day.

• No Groove or Spotify integration.
  • Deformable mud in the environment.
Saved you all 17 minutes ;)

Where were you yesterday afternoon? I'll never get those seventeen minutes of my life back now. :indiff:

Talk about a lame non interview.

Where were you yesterday afternoon? I'll never get those seventeen minutes of my life back now. :indiff:

Talk about a lame non interview.
In defence of AR12, I don't blame him for how useless that interview was. The developers, specifically from the T10 side, answer most questions like politicians and it drives me mad. Interviewers will ask, say, "is there new customisation parts for cars?", and then you get something like "Well, the thing with customisation is...." and then a bunch of sentences that usually don't really answer the question. Whereas with Ralph you'll get the simple yes or no you wanted.

Also, I find it funny that the answer about drag tyres in this interview was "we aren't saying anything on that yet, stay tuned for further information", When Ralph already confirmed them in another interview :lol:

So what was the point of hyping up Groove integration going back to Forza 7 if they aren't going to continue it with Spotify?

Though it is nice to see deformable mud. I wonder if that means there will be new effects for mud being caked on ala' Spintires.

So what was the point of hyping up Groove integration going back to Forza 7 if they aren't going to continue it with Spotify?

I'm guessing it's easier to integrate a service you owned and used the same account info as XBL than one you don't own and uses completely separate info.

Back