Forza Horizon 4 - Master Car List

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 429 comments
Car manfacturers have been acting like a bunch of arrogants and its pissing me off.

I feel like a lot of the racing games should just feature fictional cars just to piss them off.

Really how ridiculous in the past car manufacturers wanted their brand all over the world.

Now they are doing this?? What is going on?

Last edited:
The only explanation I can see for Mitsubishi being gone is the takeover by Nissan causing some red tape to get in the way of licencing... then again Nissan is in the game in full force, and they managed to licence some absolutely obscure brands like Peel, so it does seem very odd.

The only explanation I can see for Mitsubishi being gone is the takeover by Nissan causing some red tape to get in the way of licencing... then again Nissan is in the game in full force, and they managed to licence some absolutely obscure brands like Peel, so it does seem very odd.

It may not be Nissan purposefully making things more complicated for developers - and they wouldn't want that with Microsoft for sure, seeing as they have an otherwise great relationship. It may just be a legal SNAFU getting in the way of the various Lancer Evos appearing in FH4. Oh, well - we'll see if they will return in future Forza games.

We also spotted a 2015 McLaren P1 GTR in one of the gameplay videos.
LtH3pOs.jpg

So, Mitsubishi pulling out of Forza is a very recent development, with their cars being in the game as of August 30. One really has to wonder what happened... And if, perhaps, it is not just a momentary issue that will be rectified later in the life of the game.

So, Mitsubishi pulling out of Forza is a very recent development, with their cars being in the game as of August 30. One really has to wonder what happened... And if, perhaps, it is not just a momentary issue that will be rectified later in the life of the game.

The latest WIR article mentioned that they are unable to include Mitsubishi "at this time". This suggests that renegotiations may happen.

The latest WIR article mentioned that they are unable to include Mitsubishi "at this time". This suggests that renegotiations may happen.

For all we know, it may not even be a matter of Microsoft re-negotiating the license... It may be anything that is preventing Mitsubishi from appearing in the game at the current time, from legal issues with licensing a logo and brand name which still belong to the Mitsubishi keiretsu, to the US subsidiary of MitsuMoCo (which is the one I assume is responsible for said negotiating) recently installing a new CEO who is reportedly intent on launching a new market strategy to revitalize the brand (of which licensing popular Mitsu models to videogame developers may or may not be a part).

In any case, the words "at this time" were also used to define the situation with Volkswagen, and then Toyota. I am inclined to think they are just a buzzword their corporate relationships manager asked to throw in, just in case.
But the fact that they went this far in implementing Mitsubishi cars also lends some credibility to the idea that it may have been a last-minute development dictated by contingent reasons more than anything. And with Playground's promises to keep building on the game for a long time, and to add cars every week (outside of the presumably-new-to-Forza two new rides part of the Car Pass), it's not entirely outside of the realm of reason to think that if the current issue will be solved, we may see the brand return within the life of the game.

Last edited:
This is one of the things to focus on IMO. While the releases for VW and Toyota simply said "we are unable to include *manufacturer*" and that they hope they can return to future Forza games, the Mitsubishi one specifically stated "at this time". To me that sounds more like it could come back within the lifespan of FH4.

In any case, the words "at this time" were also used to define the situation with Volkswagen, and then Toyota. I am inclined to think they are just a buzzword their corporate relationships manager asked to throw in, just in case.

I had last year's Toyota announcement in the back of my mind while writing the previous post. You may be right that "at this time" was also used back then, which I don't remember myself, but I do remember that Forza PR made it seem definitive that Toyota would not be part of FM7. It was worded pretty much like that. However, I do not get the same conclusive vibe when reading the WIR's Mitsubishi statement. There's a degree of optimism so to speak. I see @TheAdmiester says something along the same lines.

And with Playground's promises to keep building on the game for a long time, and to add cars every week (outside of the presumably-new-to-Forza two new rides part of the Car Pass), it's not entirely outside of the realm of reason to think that if the current issue will be solved, we may see the brand return within the life of the game.

And this is to some extent also the strategy FM7 is aiming for with longer support and monthly spotlight cars. For this reason I have not lost all hope that we might eventually see Toyota and Lexus in FM7. The post-release inclusion of Porsche in older Forza games and FH3 have already demonstrated that manufactures can arrive in full force after several months. One would also think that Toyota can begin identify some subtle and yet regrettable side effects from no longer having their cars in Forza. Maybe it's a temporary obstacle that could resolve within FM7's supported lifespan.

Last edited:
Finally the SRT Viper is not under the car brand “Viper” anymore as in previous Horizon games. And even better, it’s also not under “SRT” anymore as in previous Motorsport games. May I present to you the 2013 Dodge SRT Viper? /joy!

05B5C4D5-CD8B-43A3-B0DB-DB4E769C7320.jpeg

PS - I know how at some point in history SRT went on their own but I believe they are fully back with Dodge now. So for me it’s fine to see SRT under Dodge even if in 2013 they were separate.

I have often wondered why Dodge went ahead and created a sub-marque named SRT. I know it has been their performance badge for some years, but as a marque it was destined to kill off the Viper.

I have often wondered why Dodge went ahead and created a sub-marque named SRT. I know it has been their performance badge for some years, but as a marque it was destined to kill off the Viper.
Sergio Marchionne wanted to create a high performance brand that would be to FCA what AMG is to Daimler-Benz. He thought SRT was the way to go. The Viper was to be SRT's flagship in the same way the SLR and SLS are the flagships of AMG. It really didn't matter to Viper buyers what brand it was sold under, as long as it was a Viper, and it was. The problem was that there weren't enough Viper buyers to keep it in production. And without a halo car, there really wasn't a point to SRT anymore. It wasn't SRT that killed the Viper, it was people not buying Vipers that killed the Viper.

I'm more mystified by the move the create a separate Ram brand. I mean, you don't see Ford or Chevy creating separate marques for their trucks and vans (though I guess since GM already has an all-truck brand that's a total non-starter), and most people outside FCA and the industry at large still seem to refer to them as Dodges.

Last edited:
I'm more mystified by the move the create a separate Ram brand. I mean, you don't see Ford or Chevy creating separate marques for their trucks and vans (though I guess since GM already has an all-truck brand that's a total non-starter), and most people outside FCA and the industry at large still seem to refer to them as Dodges.
I'll admit I've never been a fan of that decision. I believe Sergio Marchionne wanted to turn Dodge into a true performance brand, and selling trucks didn't work with his vision. I think he also saw Ram as a way to introduce a new, more global nameplate to sell trucks and commercial vehicles under. I don't think it worked. I'm hoping the new management at FCA goes back to Dodge trucks.

What gets me is the logo change to 2 red slashes. I understand they could not use the "ram" with the truck line split (I didn't like that, either), but there has to be something better.

Actually, I loved the ram logo for Dodge, and the design of the cars before they went all "red stripe."

I think it's also helped with their commercial vans since prior to the split seeing a Sprinter was a rarity however now it seems like half the vans on the road are ProMasters, including my work's new vans.
You're right, they're selling well. I wonder how much of that is due to the brand change, and how much is due to having a good product.

Sergio Marchionne wanted to create a high performance brand that would be to FCA what AMG is to Daimler-Benz. He thought SRT was the way to go. The Viper was to be SRT's flagship in the same way the SLR and SLS are the flagships of AMG. It really didn't matter to Viper buyers what brand it was sold under, as long as it was a Viper, and it was. The problem was that there weren't enough Viper buyers to keep it in production. And without a halo car, there really wasn't a point to SRT anymore. It wasn't SRT that killed the Viper, it was people not buying Vipers that killed the Viper.

All I'm trying to say is that the Viper felt doomed the moment it was detached from Dodge. Maybe it was anyway, but the SRT move surely didn't help.

What gets me is the logo change to 2 red slashes. I understand they could not use the "ram" with the truck line split (I didn't like that, either), but there has to be something better.

Actually, I loved the ram logo for Dodge, and the design of the cars before they went all "red stripe."

They should totally bring back the Fratzog!

fratzog.jpg

So many brands have a dedicated tuning division these days or even an entirely separate spin-off brand.
BMW => M-Sport
Mercedes => AMG
Citroen => DS
Toyota => Lexus
Dodge => SRT, RAM
Ford => FPV (Australia)
Holden => HSV
Opel/Vauxhall => OPC
Renault => Renault Sport
FIAT => Abarth
... (there's gotta be a ton more)

I think one of the main reasons this happens is not only for the prestige badge on the car, but also for management to make sure budgets of sports divisions are separate and not mixed with the regular road vehicle sales. They can keep the budget wel under control and if the division is not satisfying anymore, roll it up if needed. Probably has some benefits at taxation as well. :)

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but people are conveniently missing the rest of that statement:

There will be no surprises on launch day.

Shame that for a game set in Britain, it's the British and European manufacturers like Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Opel, Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Peugeot, and Volvo that get neutered to make room for Mustangs and Camaros.

Is all you do complain? Jesus christ, that's all I've seen out of you for months. Is there *anything* that has made you slightly happy in the lead up to the release of the game, instead of pissing all over everyone for no real reason?

Is all you do complain? Jesus christ, that's all I've seen out of you for months. Is there *anything* that has made you slightly happy in the lead up to the release of the game, instead of pissing all over everyone for no real reason?

I don't think I've ever seen him post pretty much anything that is slightly positive about FH4, or Forza in general. Just look at his post history, everything single thing is negative. I mean, to each to their own and of course the Forza series is deserving of criticism in lots of areas (like all games & franchises are) but when it's so one sided, what are you still doing here posting?

Last edited:
All evidence points to it actually working rather well.

https://www.trucks.com/2016/03/28/resurgent-ram-seeks-to-build-on-market-gains/

I think it's also helped with their commercial vans since prior to the split seeing a Sprinter was a rarity however now it seems like half the vans on the road are ProMasters, including my work's new vans.

Tbh I think the ProMaster may be behind the success of Ram - and I can see why, the Ducato is an absolutely brilliant van that mauls the Mercedes competition; drop in a larger engine and maybe a slushbox, and it's also perfect for the US market. I wonder if some of the products in the current Iveco line, like the Trakker and Stralis cabovers, would do equally well in the US if sold through the Ram distribution line.

But we are going wildly offtopic, here - not that the topic is all that interesting now that we have received confirmation to the accurateness of the car list compiled from all those leaks a long while ago.

In any case, with PG suggesting some of the cars currently sitting on the cutting floor may return in the future as the seasons change, what would you like to see resurrected from the dead? For me it's gotta be the BMW 328, Alfa 8C 2300 and Nissan Safari, of course.

Curious to hear the answer to that... :lol:

Last edited:

I don't think I've ever seen him post pretty much anything that is slightly positive about FH4, or Forza in general. Just look at his post history, everything single thing is negative. I mean, to each to their own and of course the Forza series is deserving of criticism in lots of areas (like all games & franchises are) but when it's so one sided, what are you still doing here posting?

Are we really doing this? I don't see it's at all relevant to discussing the car list, but sure.

There are plenty of things, and cars specifically, that I like in Forza. Things like how I don't need to clutter my place up with a clunky wheel setup just to play one game and just how good the game feels with a controller. I also like that there's a little bit of force feedback when you drive over a pothole, that's neat. In terms of cars, I find the 70s and 80s European coupes to be the most interesting (it just so happens that most of them are missing going from FH3/FM7 to FH4).

I apologise if you feel personally attacked when I give my honest opinion about this game but I just don't think it's necessary to heap praise on a AAA franchise of soon-to-be 11 titles for not being bad at delivering on its core experience.

Last edited:
Are we really doing this? I don't see it's at all relevant to discussing the car list, but sure.

There are plenty of things, and cars specifically, that I like in Forza. Things like how I don't need to clutter my place up with a clunky wheel setup just to play one game and just how good the game feels with a controller. In terms of cars, I find the 70s and 80s European coupes to be the most interesting (it just so happens that most of them are missing going from FH3/FM7 to FH4).

I apologise if you feel personally attacked when I give my honest opinion about this game but I just don't think it's necessary to heap praise on a AAA franchise of soon-to-be 11 titles for not being bad at delivering on its core experience.

This isn't about being personally attacked, or trying to slag on those with their own opinions. Since you've come into the FH4 forum when the game was announced back at E3, all I have seen you do is complain and complain about everything that PG has said or revealed, leading into you (baselessly and weirdly) accusing PG of neutering the European end of the car list to replace it with Camaros and Mustangs, with no sort of evidence.

The issue isn't you being honest or critical to an AAA game. Lord knows that we already have enough of that with regards to both the GT Sport forum, and especially FM7 as recent examples. It's you ******** all over everything, to the point where I would hazard that 95% or more of your posts are complaining about something, big or small.

Again, is there anything that you are excited or happy for with regards to this game? Because I haven't seen it at all. All I have seen is complaints. Which is fine. But not where it becomes the content of almost all a person's posts.

This isn't about being personally attacked, or trying to slag on those with their own opinions.

instead of pissing all over everyone for no real reason?

Hmm.

The issue isn't you being honest or critical to an AAA game. Lord knows that we already have enough of that with regards to both the GT Sport forum, and especially FM7 as recent examples. It's you ******** all over everything, to the point where I would hazard that 95% or more of your posts are complaining about something, big or small.

The thing is, my experience with the recent Forza games has been an endless iteration of:

1. "Oh I really liked [this feature] in the previous game"
2. [this feature] has been removed from the next game

Rinse and repeat.

Again, is there anything that you are excited or happy for with regards to this game? Because I haven't seen it at all. All I have seen is complaints. Which is fine. But not where it becomes the content of almost all a person's posts.

Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-news-discussion.378948/page-9#post-12367819

And again, it's flattering and all but why are we talking about me in this thread?

Last edited:
Back