Forza Horizon 4 - Master Car List

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 429 comments
Don't forget we haven't had a new to franchise Mitsubishi since FM4... I think it's fairly clear both parties didn't care much.

It hasn't really dampened my excitement either since it's an entirely new environment. Plus the route creator will hopefully live up to expectations.
Oh wow I totally forgot the Route Creator was going to be a thing in FH4. Having more features is always a plus. :)👍

There have been no Mitsubishi worthy of being new to franchise since the Lancer Evolution X.
Maybe that's the reason why they're out now? Because they didn't like the idea of the only cars being shown in the game were older cars?
This hasn't stopped Lancia though.

Think I figured out why the 812 Superfast hasn't made the jump from FM7 to FH4. I did some digging and remembered that the "812 Monza", a special edition of the 812 inspired by the 250 Testarossa and limited to 200 units, is due to be unveiled at a private event on the 17th September. Perhaps we'll get this straight away as a main car list car (the WIR post did say "The list below covers the MAJORITY of the more than 450 cars that will be available to play in the game at launch on October 2 ") or we could get it as a DLC car. Just an idea.
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/ferrari-...on-supercar-possibly-called-812-monza-1897907

Maybe that's the reason why they're out now? Because they didn't like the idea of the only cars being shown in the game were older cars?
This hasn't stopped Lancia though.

I don't think so because the 1996 Lancer Evolution was recently added to GT Sport.

I don't think so because the 1996 Lancer Evolution was recently added to GT Sport.

Though I'm quite confident it's not jingoism (at least not the conscious or voluntary kind) on the part of Mitsubishi and Toyota, the fact that their relationships with a developer from their home country (PD) seem to be status quo while the former's relationship with at least one (more than likely two) western developers seems to have fallen apart completely and the latter has seemingly limited all western developers to a tiny handful of competition models could certainly give outsiders like us that impression. (And Subaru not being in V-Rally 4 only adds to the poor optics.)

With regards to missing cars, maybe Mitsubishi are not prepared to keep licensing such old 3D models that barely represent the shape of the actual car they represent? Their Evo VI is odd looking, whereas GT Sport's IV is near perfect. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused Toyota to pull out of Forza, because their SW20 for instance was awful.

VXR
With regards to missing cars, maybe Mitsubishi are not prepared to keep licensing such old 3D models that barely represent the shape of the actual car they represent? Their Evo VI is odd looking, whereas GT Sport's IV is near perfect. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused Toyota to pull out of Forza, because their SW20 for instance was awful.

Considering Toyota has seemingly pulled their cars from every non-PD game, I'm not so sure about your theory.

VXR

Manufacturers approve every car shown in a game, if such a crazy conspiracy were true than Mitsubishi and Toyota would've pulled out of any kind of racing game long ago.

Why do people keep trying to come up with excuses to defend manufacturers like Toyota and Mitsubishi?

It's clear that both Toyota and Mitsubishi don't like how the only cars people care about in games are over a decade old and no longer sold by Toyota or Mitsubishi. The main reason manufacturers are happy to feature their cars in games is in order to help advertise and sell those cars.

When you have a manufacturer trying to sell 2018 cars like this:

hrlsRQC.jpg

The only thing people even care to drive is this 20 year old car:

LRfQXLa.jpg

They feel as if it is actually hurting their ability to sell a 2018 vehicle.

But nah... must just be Forza's models that were apparently good enough for Toyota and Mitsubishi almost 10 games.

The newest road going Toyota (other than the GT86) in Forza 6 is the 2003 Celica SS-I and the newest road going Toyota in Forza Horizon 3 (other than the GT86) is the 1998 Supra RZ.

Last edited:
Toyota would not have pulled the 86, Avensis Touring Car and TS040/TS050* from FM7 had it been a case of them wanting to showcase their new-ish cars. Plus, I feel like the 4 Runner and Tacoma would be perfect fits for the Horizon franchise. It just reeks of exclusivity deal. The cars featured in FM7 an FH4 are probably part of some legal loophole with licensing that allows them to be there. Mitsubishi's one of the very few brands that has not featured any "new" content in a long while. (the other ones I can think of are long dead, ie Oldsmobile, Pontiac, TVR and Saleen to name only those) New content doesn't necessarily mean current cars, there's a few gems from Mitsubishi's history that would have been fun... I'm not exactly sure how licensing really works, but if T10 and Mitsu had signed a contract to feature their cars in the game for X number of years and that contract has come to an end, then either Mitsubishi or T10 has indeed pulled the plug.

*Assuming of course we would have gotten an updated model, like the 919.

Poor Fiat. Represented only by one 38 year old car and all the new cars covered by the Abarth badge. Hope they won't pull out to... :nervous:
To think of it. Now that the Mitsu is gone, could we see the rise of the Japanese tuners like Mine's? 💡

Poor Fiat. Represented only by one 38 year old car and all the new cars covered by the Abarth badge. Hope they won't pull out to... :nervous:

I think that is just a result of T10/PG always going with the highest performing version of a car.

I think that is just a result of T10/PG always going with the highest performing version of a car.
I know. They are the same company at the end of the day. But just the other day I was talking with a friend of mine.. and he was trying to convince me that the Abarth 124 is not a Fiat 124 spider tuned up. In the future children will forget about Fiat if the game industry continue with the Abarth only. Just kidding.

There have been no Mitsubishi worthy of being new to franchise since the Lancer Evolution X.
It may be so in Motorsport, but I think Horizon could take advantage of their current lineup.
Rally cars like Mirage R4 would be very fun.
And while Pajero may be slow on tarmac, it exerts better performance on off-road than BMW X6. And although it is an older model, Japanese-made SUVs such as Suzuki Jimny and Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution were also occasionally posted on the Wish List thread on the official forum, and users who wanted them existed.

They added a more harsh off-road at FH4. Mitsubishi want to promote SUVs and pickups and PG want to promote this new offroad. They had the potential to benefit from each other.

You guys have to remember though that this may not be all of the cars in Horizon 4. In the article on ForzaMotorsport.Net, they word it the following way:
The list below covers the majority of the more than 450 cars that will be available to play in the game at launch on October 2.

This could mean one of two things; one is that they're not including the day one car pack and the Formula Drift pack in the car list, or we may very well see another addition to the list with some more cars. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but all I'm saying is that I wouldn't lose hope on your favorite vehicles not being in Horizon 4 (except Mitsubishi). :)

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but people are conveniently missing the rest of that statement:

In addition to the cars listed below, Forza Horizon 4 will also feature the cars of the Day One Car Pack (look for more details on that coming soon) as well as unlockable Forza Edition cars that will be available in the game, which we’re keeping a secret for now.

There will be no surprises on launch day.

Shame that for a game set in Britain, it's the British and European manufacturers like Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Opel, Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Peugeot, and Volvo that get neutered to make room for Mustangs and Camaros.

Last edited:
But hey, don't let silly things like facts get in the way of your rantings! :rolleyes:

Facts like that even with some trimming, there's still more Mustangs alone in the game than Rolls, Opel, Fiat, Peugeot, Citroen, and Vovlo combined?

Last edited:
Right, yes. Forgot there's a boat load of Camaros on top of the Mustangs too. A very common sight on British roads.

What does that have to do with anything? :confused:

Do you even remember your original argument?

Shame that for a game set in Britain, it's the British and European manufacturers like Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Opel, Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Peugeot, and Volvo that get neutered to make room for Mustangs and Camaros.

I actually agree that it sucks to lose cars from those, but the argument that they were cut to make room for more Camaros and Mustangs is simply wrong.

I look forward to seeing where the goalposts wind up next! :rolleyes:

I actually agree that it sucks to lose cars from those, but the argument that they were cut to make room for more Camaros and Mustangs is simply wrong.

There are more Mustangs and Camaros in FH4 than there were in FH3. There are fewer Alfas, Astons, Rollses, Opels, Fiats, Lancias, and Volvos in FH4 than there were in FH3.

What?? Toyota and Mitsubishi missing? this is awfull, now that Porsche license issues are finally over we get this new crap from automotive industry, whats wrong with Japanese cars now?

I feel for Toyota/Mitsubishi fans! Fortunately for me, neither brand does anything beyond the late 90's Supra as I loved that in GT1. Having just made it through the Porsche blackout, however, it is so frustrating how this licensing thing works!

As a car enthusiast it's a total bummer. I understand it is business, but again to me it's a passion and that means so much more than the bottom line. I was mad at Porsche/EA for their deal (still am, honestly) and I'm much the same with Toyota/Mitsubishi, though with a little less vigor for reasons previously mentioned.

Right, yes. Forgot there's a boat load of Camaros on top of the Mustangs too. A very common sight on British roads.
There may not be a lot of them, but it’s still very possible to see Mustangs & Camaros on UK roads. The current gen Mustang is officially sold by Ford and where I am it’s not uncommon to see them used as daily Drivers, and there’s even been the odd occasion where I’ve seen classic Mustangs, including a 1965 and 1971.

Camaros are a bit rarer but looking at used car listings shows even older generations of Camaro are still available in the UK

CD0DA121-E330-42A8-BF36-60201E00D598.png

FD490D26-2A14-4ED3-B168-6E0BDAFF6AE5.png

Edit: Also there’s actually the same amount of Alfa’s and Peugeot’s as there was in FH3

Last edited:
Back