Forza Horizon 4 Series 9 Preview: Apollo IE, Maserati MC12, Four Minis and More

Not got the game of an xbox even haha but this game really needs a modern city, Manchester would be ideal. I get the Historic city of Edinburgh is the theme but I think a modern side of the UK needs to be shown too.

I predict that the MC12 race car will become the new fastest car, and the Apollo will be relatively slow for its PI class.

I hope that returning Maserati got remodelled for the current gen. The Koenigsegg CC8S in the game appears to have been ported directly from last gen to current gen without any improvement on the modelling and textures, and therefore looks ugly compared to other Koeniseggs due to its low polygon count and low resolution textures.

Am glad to finally hear that they've decided to do something against wall-riding and dive-bombing. Although it seems there's still now way to deal with losers who intentionally block you or push you off tracks/checkpoints.

The only way a 360-era model will get any tweaks (other than any backend ones needed to make it compatible with the current engine) is if it has badges/decals with two "S"s right next to each other. ;)

This is pathetic two cars made for track making its way into a open world racing game.

Pretty pathetic how so many cars get withold just for Forza Horizon its like they dont care about Motorsport at all anymore.

This is pathetic two cars made for track making its way into a open world racing game.

Pretty pathetic how so many cars get withold just for Forza Horizon its like they dont care about Motorsport at all anymore.

Meanwhile FM7 just got a F1 themed car pack, which, oddly enough, some FH4 players want in this game just the same.

Regardless, the MC12 and Apollo IE JUST came out for FH4. Its not like the game's held exclusivity over them for several months now. Who's to say they aren't coming to FM7 with time?

Did you just say Indy Cars are F1 cars??

Yes. Admittedly I don't know anything about that entire branch of motorsport, never cared to look into it, and still don't care to. It bores me. Sports Car Racing is the only category of professional motorsport I stay informed of. If I see an open wheel single seater, I just presume F1 until informed otherwise. Only elitists really get bothered by that nonsense anyhow; wouldn't bother me if someone confused a GT4 car for a GT2 car. Maybe a GT4 for an LMP2, but I don't think anyone who isn't new to the car community is that thick.

Regardless, my point is that you shouldn't write off the support for FM7 so quickly. Different teams run Horizon and Motorsport, so not everything is going to arrive to both games simultaneously. Even in spite of how much we'd like them to.

Meanwhile FM7 just got a F1 themed car pack, which, oddly enough, some FH4 players want in this game just the same.

Regardless, the MC12 and Apollo IE JUST came out for FH4. Its not like the game's held exclusivity over them for several months now. Who's to say they aren't coming to FM7 with time?

Still waiting for the new 911........

there is a world of difference between an F1 and an Indycar that you're trying to handwave as 'only those elitists get pissed about that'

like come on. you really can't be that clueless to those types of things.

The "elitist" remark is not to undermine the differences between F1 and Indie, but to highlight people's reactions on confusing them for one another. There's a difference between "Oh you don't know? Well let me tell you" and "Oh you don't know? Well aren't you something". And I've seen a lot of that on this website, both against myself and many, many others I've witnessed.

I do like it here on gtplanet, I like how informative it is, and I do occasionally like the sense of community this place brings as a car fan. But you guys, as a collective, really do need to be less hostile to each other. Somebody says something incorrect or out of line and you become a lynch mob; its insane. I've seen it happen many times to other people, and for probably the 3rd time now, its come back to myself just the same. Entire chains of snarky, uppity, dumbfounded, or passive-aggressive replies spawned from mere snippets of things people type. Things that can be completely unrelated to the subject at hand.
I figured the car community was better than that. That it helps people up rather than beating them down for their mistakes. But I guess not... Maybe that's just the street car community. Over on YouTube I always pass by comments making fun of the SIM community and how they're a bunch of pompous morons. I never understood why people thought that; in my experience, channels like Super GT have been quite nice to engage in. There's people who don't even know how a combustion engine works and even they're welcome just the same for taking interest. I never understood the hate for the SIM crowd until signing up for gtplanet. Its sad really, and not "sad" as in pathetic or shameful, but genuinely saddening.

But, at the very least, this instance has (thankfully) been a mere inconvenience compared to the other such "conversations" I've witnessed at the expense of others around here. I consider myself lucky over this minor ridicule.

Regardless, I WILL look into the subject of F1, Indie, and whatnot to avoid this kind of nonsense in the future. This will be my last reply on the matter to avoid pushing this tangent any further than it deserves to go.
As for my tangent within the tangent regarding people's behaviour; I'm not saying that Sesto and yourself have treated me unfairly in the least. I get it, its a subject you're both passionate about and its shocking that someone could be so ignorant to not know even the most basic of details about it. Its just that this is just something I've wanted to say for a while now and figured this to be a decent opportunity to do it. Take it with a grain of salt, and link me to an off-topic forum if you want to continue for whatever reason. Cheers.

Though a new car pack for Motorsport kinda obliterates the actual argument he was reacting to, that they don't care about Motorsport any more.

Thank you.

That's nice and all, but today's patch erased all my 600+ skill trees :banghead: If they're not back after cloud resync, I don't know if I ever start that thing up again.

Edit1: They're not. That's 4098 skill points gone.
Edit2: It's a thing now. There is a post at reddit, everyones skill trees are gone

PG Community Liasion5 points·3 hours ago
We're aware of this and currently looking into it

Last edited:
So they did make some improvement after all. But my opinion doesn't change, the car model still looks far less detailed than the others.
Now I'm really interested. Can you help me a little bit? Where do you see those issues. I'm really trying my best to find that lack of quality you are talking about and I just can find it. I went to forzavista and photomode and all the Koenigsegg models look the same quality to me.

Now I'm really interested. Can you help me a little bit? Where do you see those issues. I'm really trying my best to find that lack of quality you are talking about and I just can find it. I went to forzavista and photomode and all the Koenigsegg models look the same quality to me.

Well, if the qualities look the same to you then I've nothing to add anymore. Let's just say we have different opinions and leave it at that.

Latest Posts

Back