Forza Horizon 4: The Blueprint/Race Creator Thread!

• Thread starter willbsn13
  • 157 comments
Does everybody know the AI follow the exact line you take setting the route?
The only route I've created, I placed a gate just before a four-way intersection, then the route turned right. When placing the flags, I was going a bit too fast and slightly overcooked the turn. When I test ran the route, about half the field also overcooked that corner, just like I did.

The only route I've created, I placed a gate just before a four-way intersection, then the route turned right. When placing the flags, I was going a bit too fast and slightly overcooked the turn. When I test ran the route, about half the field also overcooked that corner, just like I did.
If you turn driving line on, you'll see it follow your every move. If you crash between checkpoints, they will follow your exact line as a preferred racing line.

Speaking of which, I wish the driving line and rewinds would turn on automatically when you get into the course creator. I don't use those when I play, but it's SUCH a pain having to quit, enable them, then restart making my track because I forgot to turn them on.

OFFS. Twice now the game has frozen up and then quit on me while trying to name a race I just created and test drove. It will give me the text box, but not the keyboard. After a few minutes, it goes back a step to the save menu. Then it quits entirely. Here's the track I'm trying to make. If the game lasts long enough I'm going to call it "Pretzel Logic." It's 6.6 miles but in a hypercar it should only take about three minutes a lap. It's the mid-speed corners where the real challenge is in this circuit.

As the AI seem to follow your path... if you happened to just say, randomly do donuts on a straight whilst creating a circuit would that mean easy wins? :P

As the AI seem to follow your path... if you happened to just say, randomly do donuts on a straight whilst creating a circuit would that mean easy wins? :P
You could drive off a cliff, climb back up and set the next checkpoint 100 yards down the road, and the AI will drive off that cliff and climb back up every race.

Then you could not drive off, drive through the checkpoint and dominate.

Last edited:
So, I made a rally stage...
2nsyhdj.png

It's 20 miles long, is composed of pretty much 85% dirt/15% asphalt and takes about 15 minutes to complete in my A-Class Cossie that's been built roughly to Group A specs (300hp and just about every other upgrade you can think of) in which I don't think I've hit more than 125mph along the way, roughly similar to the speeds a WRC car does hit down the faster stages. It starts at the Mortimer Gardens dirt race, goes around the quarry and hits just about every dirt road afterwards, with a bit of asphalt to link it all. It reminds me of the Finland stages from Dirt Rally in some parts, and in some others it's a bit more technical like Greece. Gamertag is itrfred2 if you want to give it a go.

Pretty easy wins on this track :P... I don't make any more tracks without extra "AI loops", as I hate any kind of AI rubber banding and would much rather just race against the clock. This trick works great if you want to get the AI out of the way quickly.

I bet it will get patched quickly, but until then, I'm having fun :P

Stage 2 of the Gambler 500. This route has a lot more Cross Country in it then Stage 1 had.

tDRSCOE.jpg

Keep in mind the Gambler routes are designed for lower PI classes, Stage 2 especially has a few parts that can catch you and the AI out if running something faster then B-Class.

Ok track number 2, The Horizon AVUS.

View attachment 775989
It’s the full enchilada too, 12.5 miles and it’s a 4 lap race in Vintage Racers with cars that are 200mph capable (mostly). ;)

The roundabout next to the Juggernuat drag event you pretty much go straight over which adds a little extra challenge to the track.:P

I've been doing this one as well. I kinda goofed and made it a 10 lap race but want to reconfigure it since that takes about 40 minutes. It's great for farming skill points when you have a Speed Skills FE car. I get around 10-15 skill points per lap for awesome speed, clean racing, and combo skills

Maybe they should incorporate that you set out your checkpoints; afterwards do a time trial run (where it tracks your racing line); then test with AI to make sure it works. It would still be exploitable, but would be a lot easier for those not trying to exploit it, but actually try and make an acceptable race with AI. Though the way I tend to make tracks is at semi race pace anyway (using rewind a lot), because I try to place a checkpoint as a rough brake marker after long straights.

I'm unable to attempt this myself due to how busy I am, nor have I seen it mentioned. (If it has sorry!) If you manage to use up all the allocated distance into a lap but only place a checkpoint at the very end right before the finish can you manipulate the drivatars to attempt to lap this whole distance and the game to payout as if it were a proper long distance race but simply turn around and cross the finish if that makes sense?

edit: @Sutuki 's post above showing how the AI have taken that extra long path demonstrates what I mean 👍

Edit 2: Fred seems to of answered it sadly it so my idea isn't how it works. Seems like it simply is distance traveled.

Last edited:
You can place a single checkpoint a few hundred feet from the finish line of a very long point to point race, but you'll only get a handful of credits and influence by doing so. The payouts are relative to the distance you travel, it seems.

I've made some more conventional tracks now, and the drivatars do a good job of getting around them too. And I must say, considering that Playground made the map, they made really bad use of it when designing their tracks. Maybe they did that to leave us something to do in the route creator.

Track2_Cittadiaria.jpg

Track1_NY.jpg

Don't comment about how that second one looks. It wasn't intentional. :P

Edit: So apparently XBox DVR decided that deleting the videos was a good idea for some reason.

Last edited:
So, I made a rally stage...
2nsyhdj.png

It's 20 miles long, is composed of pretty much 85% dirt/15% asphalt and takes about 15 minutes to complete in my A-Class Cossie that's been built roughly to Group A specs (300hp and just about every other upgrade you can think of) in which I don't think I've hit more than 125mph along the way, roughly similar to the speeds a WRC car does hit down the faster stages. It starts at the Mortimer Gardens dirt race, goes around the quarry and hits just about every dirt road afterwards, with a bit of asphalt to link it all. It reminds me of the Finland stages from Dirt Rally in some parts, and in some others it's a bit more technical like Greece. Gamertag is itrfred2 if you want to give it a go.
Looks interesting, I’ll give it a playtest one of these days. Is it current season or fixed? And TOD/weather?

Looks interesting, I’ll give it a playtest one of these days. Is it current season or fixed? And TOD/weather?

If I remember correctly it's current season. I wanted to have rain all the way through but forgot to take out the rolling progression, so it's a rainy start that dries off after a few minutes.

If I remember correctly it's current season. I wanted to have rain all the way through but forgot to take out the rolling progression, so it's a rainy start that dries off after a few minutes.

Ok good to know it works like that. I thought rolling or fixed was only for the TOD, didn't know it affects weather as well. But probably most of the time races are so short you barely notice the difference. :)

My first race route "Edingburgh Loop"

I've made 3 more since then. A tough 15 miles rally stage covering the windmills & Bamburgh Beach, an extended Mudkickers track (which is kinda broken) and a motorway sprint for the sole purpose of tuning gear ratios.

Made two that use the full highway, one that’s 26.4 miles and 5 laps with Classic race cars and takes almost an hour and another named Mach loop that goes down the coast through Edinburgh and back around down the highway that takes around 20 minutes in S class cars. Could have made both 3 Laos but the amount of skills points racked up on these is nice.

I'm working on a big mixed surface race that will pass by all the player houses, starting at The Gables and ending at Thatch Corner. I still want to find the right layout for this, so let me know what order of the houses I should do.

I wonder if I could do a cross country race that included every danger sign and keep it under 40 miles?
That's what I'm hoping when I work on my "Horizon Real Estate" race. So far, I tested from Gables to Kingfisher Cottage, Sunflower Meadows, Derwent Mansion, Lake Lodge, Huntsman Lodge and Croftdale Farm and got up to 18 miles. So it may be possible to get to the others while still under 40 miles.

Bit of a bummer that the Route Blueprint search only shows fifteen results, and you can’t search by event names or gamertags. There’s some routes in this thread that I really want to try... :grumpy:

You remember when you started your Horizon 4 Career?

You remember blasting through the seasons and winding up at the festival?

While obviously we can’t recreate the season part of that intro, we can recreate the route(Mostly:P).

Here is the..

296451FC-835B-4553-8AF3-B784C9AFFC47.png

Starting at the Waterhead Sprint start point, It heads out the festival towards the start of the Autumn section and it follows the route all the way to the waterfall where it transitions to Winter, you head further down, throw a 180 on to the frozen river and head back to the waterfall to take the jump to start the Winter section.

You follow it back to the main road, but due to an issue with the missed checkpoint respawner, the route follows just off the road so you’ll be dodging trees and rocks etc.

You follow it all the way to where it cuts off road and on to the frozen lake and all to the end of the Winter section(No big jump here i’m afraid.:P) and into the Spring section.

If you’ve done the Bike showcase, you’ll already know the route here. ;)

At the finish line of the showcase, you’ll enter the Summer section which takes the same fast flowing route all the way back to the festival, then straight through the center at top speed to the start/finish line. 👍

For obvious reasons, it’s a Winter only event, but it’s a good place to test your all rounder builds on the smooth stuff, the rough stuff and the very rough stuff. :D

Any good cross country races/off road races to level up fast like the highway circuit race?
Do you mean you just want a race that will level up your Cross Country level? Cause you can change the race type to whatever you like, and level up that particular type. For example, you could make a highway race, but in Blueprint you can change the mode to Cross Country. That way you would level up your Cross Country, with out actually doing a proper Cross Country race.

Back