Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,338 comments
I know the questions are fielded but can we get an answer on demo availability? We all know there's going to be one.

Every time I listen to the new sounds I'm having a earorgasam. My goodness they sound freakin' great!
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

I hope not. I'd rather they really drum up hype and release it in September or October.
Just a GUESS on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one in September. The first weekend in September is PAX West, and Microsoft always has a large presence there for obvious reasons. Whenever I've attended, if there's a new Forza game upcoming (either Horizon or Motorsport), there a demo, and a long line.

One can usually snag some swag just by playing. For FM7 they were giving out codes for an in-game driver suit and when FH4 was upcoming, you'd win a t-shirt if you finished 1st in a demo race. I still have my shirt, though I've never worn it (I think of it as a trophy).

Last edited:
Just a couple of my thoughts about the video today.

They honestly exceeded my expectations with what they showed today, and what they showed looks and most importantly sounds great. Since they're using their granular synthesis model for the entire car list now, hopefully that means each car will have its own unique sound. I'm very happy with how things are shaping up.

I'm also very happy about how upgrades now affect car sounds. It's definitely something the community has been asking for and it's something that the game has needed for a long time. I like to keep my cars stock, but I'm happy this will be here for when I do use it.

I'll have to see more of the new upgrades menu UI to really make a judgment on it. Also, I noticed that in the section with the Monaro there is now an "Offroad" stat along with the usual Speed, Acceleration, Launch, etc. Very interesting to note.

Final note, in the first video showcasing their recording setups, I thought the IVECO truck and GMT400 were really interesting, hopefully these end up being on the car list in some capacity rather than just used for recording only.

A question for @Griffith500 : The cars sound fantastic, but for a couple like the Supra, the noise seems to be giving off this effect that the sound is bouncing off nearby walls and giving an echo effect; like if you were to rev a car in a large warehouse. It makes me wonder if what I'm hearing is the remaining bits of sound of the car being captured when it was on a dyno in a room? Or maybe that's just how the sound is in that particular environment? Or my hearing is finally going.

But, hopefully you might understand what I'm asking from the video.

A question for @Griffith500 : The cars sound fantastic, but for a couple like the Supra, the noise seems to be giving off this effect that the sound is bouncing off nearby walls and giving an echo effect; like if you were to rev a car in a large warehouse. It makes me wonder if what I'm hearing is the remaining bits of sound of the car being captured when it was on a dyno in a room? Or maybe that's just how the sound is in that particular environment? Or my hearing is finally going.

But, hopefully you might understand what I'm asking from the video.
I did hear them talk on the stream about how different engines and exhaust notes could reverberate differently depending on the environments (they mentioned driving through a canyon, for example), so they at least seem to be paying attention to that kind of thing. Maybe the Supra issue is an error they'll be fixing.

PG just released this on their insta. Have a listen to these samples of incredibly improved engine sounds!
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Robb-Pritchard-Toyota-222D-55-1000x667.jpg

Toyota-Mega-Cruiser-civilian-version-0-9645-default-large.jpeg

1986-Toyota-Celica-TCT-Waldegard.JPG

1018CHP-1024x479.jpg

1991-Toyota-Previa-1-1024x640.jpg
YES TO ALL OF THAT!!! 😀 Let's go!! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Sorry I really need to get this out of my chest, but TDUSC is really going to regret ever coming back. FH5 has just set the bar so high up, I don't believe it will be able to match it after todays stream! This one is huge in terms of audio, features and customization!!

Now that's out of the way, back on topic.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder if what I'm hearing is the remaining bits of sound of the car being captured when it was on a dyno in a room?
I can't speak to the rest of your questions, but they don't record cars on dynos anymore, so it can't be that.

Also, on another note, noticed a minor mistake with the Golf R - it has the typical "DSG fart" sound on shifting, but it's a manual model. I don't think that will be a dealbreaker considering the absolutely gargantuan improvements everywhere else though!

Last edited:

Wish they would've paused between the revs for a moment to see if camshafts change up the sound at idle to produce that iconic lope esp. given it's a GM V8 under there (iirc). I don't think that's been done since FM4.
I can't speak to the rest of your questions, but they don't record cars on dynos anymore, so it can't be that.

Also, on another note, noticed a minor mistake with the Golf R - it has the typical "DSG fart" sound on shifting, but it's a manual model. I don't think that will be a dealbreaker considering the absolutely gargantuan improvements everywhere else though!
Ah, appreciate you bringing me up to date on that. 👍

Back