Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,319 comments
It's my impression or the sceneries looks very empty in terms of dynamism and other things apart the vegetation? maybe this is just an alpha footage

I noted that the Emerald Circuit race was part of the "Apex" Festival. So it sounds like this time around the Festivals will be dedicated to event types. One for street racing, one for off road, one for cross country I suppose (sigh...) etc.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/w...o-promises-to-be-the-most-exciting-locale-yet

Some cool lil tidbits in this article;

“One of the cool differences [that Mexico offers over the UK] is the extra space, especially the desert biomes. They give us room to have really long sweeping roads that really allow the cars to go up to incredible speeds,” Brown tells us. “You can do that on the UK map on the motorway, but the rest of the roads were kept traditionally British, which means that there were a lot of ancient roads with a lot of twists and turns, and bumps and stuff... which Mexico has as well, but Mexico also benefits from the kind of big open spaces where you can have a really long stretch of tarmac that allows you to get your car up to near enough 300 miles an hour, which is the thing that we knew the players wanted – it's the thing that our car list has in spades, we have so many cars that can do that. And the Horizon 4 map didn't have that many places where we could really let them stretch their legs.”

Who else looked at this video and thought “I want to fly a wing suit through that.”
Unlimited drone height would be nice in this game if they implement it. Especially if they were to combine it with some sort of director mode for the race replays. Probably not gonna happen, but there is a glitch in FH4 which you can exploit.

I noted that the Emerald Circuit race was part of the "Apex" Festival. So it sounds like this time around the Festivals will be dedicated to event types. One for street racing, one for off road, one for cross country I suppose (sigh...) etc.
Pretty sure they confirmed that Apex was a road racing only festival on the ¡Let's Go! video. Judging by a couple of the graphics comments in the YouTube videos one'd expect this game to have more pop-ins than Julie Andrews but I haven't been able to spot any on this Series X footage so far.

Last edited:
It's shocking to know that FH5 is a cross gen, yet looks next gen. PG are wizards!

There really is no other racing game that can match this level of detail. This game is 👑 and nothing will change my mind on that.

I don't exactly know, or think, that Driveclub could apply as an underrated game when it is just as beloved, maybe even more, then GT Sport at this point, but small potatoes.

Forza Horizon always looked good, this is a testament to how having a rock solid engine built for optimization in Forzatech benefits you in the long run graphically.

Last edited:
A quick question for the "old pros" on here.

How long after release of FH4 did Series 1 start? Just wondering if there was a gap before all the Forzathons started. As this might happen again with FH5.

Second question which maybe only PG can answer. Something significant obviously changed after Series 6 as they are only "remixing" from Series 7 onwards. Does anyone know what?
Was the game update big that month (which might suggest that something changed behind the scenes in the core game data?)

Last edited:
As per the Forza Wiki:
"Update One, dubbed Welcome To Horizon and also known as Series 1, is the first major content update for Forza Horizon 4 released on September 28, 2018.

The update introduced the weekly content rotation in the title for the next four weeks, starting off with the Summer Season on September 28, 2018 and ending with the Spring Season on October 25, 2018."

Forza Horizon 4 was released on October 2, 2018, thus the first update came with the early access date for the Ultimate Edition.

Last edited:
Judging by a couple of the graphics comments in the YouTube videos one'd expect this game to have more pop-ins than Julie Andrews but I haven't been able to spot any on this Series X footage so far.
I noticed a lot more pop- (or rather fade-)in of distant roadside scenery on the Don Joewon Song video posted above but I'm convinced it won't make any difference to the gameplay except for people who drive with their focus of vision on the far horizon (no pun intended).

No doubt it's a compromise to preserve the frame rate but the way it's been implemented isn't distracting at all, as far as I can determine. At least, not as much as the jumping shadows in FH4 which I hope they're able to fix.

Last edited:
e7znkdlxeaixr_p6dkfw.jpg

e7z5rkkvuaa1srix5k7e.jpg

Last edited:
GIF by Dubsado

Man, the king strikes again! How could anyone NOT say these are gorgeous? There is so much vibe and energy in these screenshots that it makes you feel like you're really there, like Mike pointed out during the demo at E3. FH5 is really setting the standard for open world racing games when it comes to beauty.

Speaking of the Miura and Stratos, I was hoping to get raw footage of those two to hear how they stack up to PGR4’s takes on them. I’m not someone who usually cares about engine sounds in games, but I must admit that PGR4’s sound design was, to put it simply, at another level, especially for 2007 and (arguably) even today.
I agree, that's actually one of the main reasons I still play Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4, mainly 4 due to how good and accurate the cars sound. If i'm driving a high performance car I want it to sound the part aswell, something I feel GT Sport lacked heavily outside of interior view.

So far i'm impressed with the car sounds but hopefully alot of the other cars are changed too, or atleast have better samples. *Like the Enzo and MC12 for example.

GIF by Dubsado

Man, the king strikes again! How could anyone NOT say these are gorgeous? There is so much vibe and energy in these screenshots that it makes you feel like you're really there, like Mike pointed out during the demo at E3. FH5 is really setting the standard for open world racing games when it comes to beauty.
That light and airy sky, those fluffy cirrus cloud patterns... it's definitely a new day in Horizon world. Love the groceries shop and the chica standing on the balcony.

Last edited:
That light and airy sky, those fluffy cirrus cloud patterns... it's definitely a new day in Horizon world. Love the groceries shop and the chica standing on the balcony.
Absolutely! FH5 is turning out to be a game of everyone's dream of looking beautiful and realistic, as well as a return to form of previous Horizons with updated features. But what really gets me is the atmosphere of its world. I can not wait to take photos of this game when it comes out. Easily the GOTY.

Back