Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,806 comments
FB_IMG_1650657468914.jpg

Truck

Has anyone found a way to fix the Forzathon Weekly's so if you lose progress with it, you can get it to register again? Once again I started it yesterday and went back toit and progress lost and buying a 2nd Camper Van hasn't registered it.

I've already missed out on the SVJ and if it doesn't reset I've got to go on the Auction House and prices in there are still close to maximum buyout.

Edit: after shutting the game down and starting up again it seems to have fixed it, but I'd already done that so who knows.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Tacoma is more fun to drive than the Tundra. No matter what I try, no matter what tune I put on it, I just can't make it do what I want to do.

I made the 4Runner into an A Class CC racer, pretty fun. I want to do something with the Tundra, maybe use it for Danger Signs.

The Tacoma should be cool too.

I'm not sure about the fun factor, but the Tundra is one of the best CC cars in A class, imo.
I agree, I look forward and welcome any new cars to the game but I don't get that excited about new Pickups to be honest. I find all of the Pickups in the game so far pretty much one in the same. Tundra, Ford Ranger, F150 Raptor, MB X-Class, Colorado Etc. They are all pretty strong at CC though, Especcially A Class. They just all feel exactly the same

Ram Power Wagon best in B Class CC for me too. I get better results with that than the IS800A.

Last edited:

If I’m not mistaken that’s the 8th gifted car with special livery so far?

Corvette Stingray Coupé (Día de Muertos livery)2020Chevrolet
918 Spyder (Xbox 20th Anniversary livery)2014Porsche
Viper ACR (Ugly Sweater livery)2016Dodge
Camaro Super Sport Coupe (New Years Eve livery)1969Chevrolet
Class 5/1600 Baja Bug (Kwik Fit livery)1969Volkswagen
Trailcat (Halo Infinite livery)2016Jeep
E-Type (Lunar New Year livery)1961Jaguar
i8 (Earth Day livery)2015BMW

Damn, I was having a clear-out the other day and I think I gifted away at least a couple of those, whoops! I wish they'd generate a thumbnail when you receive the car so that you can actually tell which ones are the special liveries, without having to go in and fit / remove parts to force the game to do it.

I agree, I look forward and welcome any new cars to the game but I don't get that excited about new Pickups to be honest. I find all of the Pickups in the game so far pretty much one in the same. Tundra, Ford Ranger, F150 Raptor, MB X-Class, Colorado Etc. They are all pretty strong at CC though, Especcially A Class. They just all feel exactly the same

Ram Power Wagon best in B Class CC for me too. I get better results with that than the IS800A.
There are many pickups in the game, but I think the reason I feel this way is that most of them are models developed by the Big 3 for the North American market, and they are vehicles that belong off-road rather than tarmac.

Japanese brand mini-trucks like REPU and D21 are not yet in the game*, and Syclone has been removed and SVT Lightning has not yet been added to the game.
Saleen S331, Dodge Ram SRT10, SVT Lightning, Lil Red Express... If these tarmac-oriented pickups were added to the game, they could probably be enjoyed as different entities from the current pickups.

*The current Tacoma is no longer a mini-truck, but a model classified as a midsize truck.

Has anyone found a way to fix the Forzathon Weekly's so if you lose progress with it, you can get it to register again? Once again I started it yesterday and went back toit and progress lost and buying a 2nd Camper Van hasn't registered it.

I've already missed out on the SVJ and if it doesn't reset I've got to go on the Auction House and prices in there are still close to maximum buyout.

Edit: after shutting the game down and starting up again it seems to have fixed it, but I'd already done that so who knows.
Still waiting for my game to recognise I'm driving the VW bus. Glad yours reset itself.

Damn, I was having a clear-out the other day and I think I gifted away at least a couple of those, whoops! I wish they'd generate a thumbnail when you receive the car so that you can actually tell which ones are the special liveries, without having to go in and fit / remove parts to force the game to do it.
I always put the special gifted cars down as my favourites so I can't accidentally give them away or sell them.

Although with this cars paint job I might give it away. The ugly sweater paint job is prettier. 🤣🤣🤣

True, the first thing I always do with the special livery cars is reseting them to stock upgrades even if the car is already stock to generate the correct thumbnail...

Last edited:
Upon analyzing the credits for this game, I have found these companies interesting under car sourcing & licenses.:

This will be the primary source:

Car Sourcing (starting at 4:18):
  • Action Express Racing (The team that entered IMSA through its Whelen themed Cadillac DPI VRs)
  • Adrian Flux (Ties to the Subaru Levorg GT that was leaked in FH4)
  • Asphalt Anarchy (Cadillac ATS-V Formula Drift car?)
  • Bryan Herta Autosport (Entered Hyundai touring cars starting from the 2018 IMSA season)
  • Extreme E (Electric SUVs racing across areas affected by climate change, mostly offroad)
  • Jimco Racing
  • "Kind Racing Company"
  • LAP Motorsports LLC (offers IMSA TCR programs using a Honda Civic, as well as the Mini Cooper JCW)

Body kit makes from Car Sourcing:
  • Crown SpeedLab
  • Sigala Design
  • Tampi Customs

Licensing Partners (Starts at 11:23 of the video I mentioned above):
  • Brabham Operations PTY LTD (Most likely a potential license for a BT62)
  • FCA Italy S.P.A. (Possibly another form of evidence that could hint at Fiat, Abarth, Lancia and Alfa Romeo returning to FH5 in the future)
  • Felino Inc. (Felino CB7/CB7R)
  • Grabowski Brothers (Subaru Crosstrek Desert)
  • Keoracing APS (IDK what cars they licensed for the Forza franchise)
  • Rivian Automotive LLC

New badge files (I'll upload these badges on TCRF soon):
  • XPENG (Chinese Electric car manufacturer; badges were first discovered by Yusuf Tegar)
  • Brabham BT62 badges
  • Camburg
  • Cooper (For the T81?)

Last edited:
Come on FCA group!!! I want Lancia and Alfa so bad.

I guess an Extreme E based DLC could be cool, Throw in a few other Offroad cars like the long ago leaked Subaru Crosstrek.

It seems "JimcoRacing" listed there produce a multitude of vehicles that would suit that type of expansion.

1650728220238.png

Edit: It seems "Camburg" fits that profile also
Optimized-cam10-1000x667.jpg

67319953.jpg

12.4.22_Camburg_KOH-34.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised that people don't really seem to value their time after realising that F&F livery on the Evo doesn't make it any faster (and a better driver)...

e345089a-b58a-422d-81ed-d6df1c147dae.png
7ed04091-fa45-415e-83df-d86459ea1e2e.png

Final race obviously lost in similar style - why he wouldn't quit? 🙄

We do have F8 Tributo-relevant information buried in the game files, but not the SF90 Stradale...
I am hoping for the Ferrari Roma. such a beautiful car.

The F8 Tributo is not something I would get very excited about. It is basically an upgraded 488GTB.

As for the possible Ferrari, I would agree that the SF90 Stradale, Roma or 296 would be perfect additions as they are very much new models compared to those already in the game. An F8 Tributo would be like having a Huracan Evo while the standard Huracan and Performante are already included. Or like having a 620R while you already have the 570S and 600LT. Oh wait... ;)

In all seriousness, I love it when manufacturers' lineups are being fleshed out. If we get an F8 Tributo next week, I'm pretty sure the SF90 Stradale, Roma and 296 will follow at some point. And I hope a couple of Ferrari classics will also come at some point.

Still waiting for my game to recognise I'm driving the VW bus. Glad yours reset itself.

I always put the special gifted cars down as my favourites so I can't accidentally give them away or sell them.

Although with this cars paint job I might give it away. The ugly sweater paint job is prettier. 🤣🤣🤣
Mine did that that but I closed the game down and restarted it once it twice and my previous progress showed up again. It's something thats happened to me a few timed.

Last edited:
Upon analyzing the credits for this game, I have found these companies interesting under car sourcing & licenses.:

This will be the primary source:

Car Sourcing (starting at 4:18):
  • Action Express Racing (The team that entered IMSA through its Whelen themed Cadillac DPI VRs)
  • Adrian Flux (Ties to the Subaru Levorg GT that was leaked in FH4)
  • Asphalt Anarchy (Cadillac ATS-V Formula Drift car?)
  • Bryan Herta Autosport (Entered Hyundai touring cars starting from the 2018 IMSA season)
  • Extreme E (Electric SUVs racing across areas affected by climate change, mostly offroad)
  • Jimco Racing
  • "Kind Racing Company"
  • LAP Motorsports LLC (offers IMSA TCR programs using a Honda Civic, as well as the Mini Cooper JCW)

Body kit makes from Car Sourcing:
  • Crown SpeedLab
  • Sigala Design
  • Tampi Customs

Licensing Partners (Starts at 11:23 of the video I mentioned above):
  • Brabham Operations PTY LTD (Most likely a potential license for a BT62)
  • FCA Italy S.P.A. (Possibly another form of evidence that could hint at Fiat, Abarth, Lancia and Alfa Romeo returning to FH5 in the future)
  • Felino Inc. (Felino CB7/CB7R)
  • Grabowski Brothers (Subaru Crosstrek Desert)
  • Keoracing APS (IDK what cars they licensed for the Forza franchise)
  • Rivian Automotive LLC

New badge files (I'll upload these badges on TCRF soon):
  • XPENG (Chinese Electric car manufacturer; badges were first discovered by Yusuf Tegar)
  • Brabham BT62 badges
  • Camburg
  • Cooper (For the T81?)

All are interesting, but Crown Speedlab and Sigara Design caught my attention in particular.
Most of their products are body kits for models already included in this game, and there are no body kits of theirs for those cars in current FH5.
Will there be additional body kits for existing models in future updates?

All are interesting, but Crown Speedlab and Sigara Design caught my attention in particular.
Most of their products are body kits for models already included in this game, and there are no body kits of theirs for those cars in current FH5.
Crown Speedlab have been doing some offroad projects judging by their Youtube channel. They took some modified Toyota 4Runners through a offroad course a few months ago.

Maybe these were planned to be included but were scrapped last minute due to time constraints etc.

I'm bullish on Playground ever adding in meaningful visual customization post launch after what happened with FH4.

I know I've been a grouch about this before but, other than the photo studio one, have any of these highlighted EventLab things been not trash?

I just did the whatever-kart one for this week, and got to turn 1 and my framerate went to single digits I'm quite sure. Once the AI spaced out a bit it made it back to double digits but it was still not enjoyable whatsoever. Okay, I'm still playing on a regular XB1 so I guess I'm a second-class citizen or whatever but it would be nice if the featured events actually worked right on all the platforms.

I've tried a few of them and it's my luck I'd choose the worst ones, but yikes. A few weeks ago was one with a curved spiral thing that didn't work properly, then last week had that dumb banked track up in the air where one of the corners had a big ****-off invisible wall in the middle of it. It just makes me do the bare minimum to get my prize car and then turn the game off.

I think this is actually worse than GTA's creator mode stuff, and a lot of it was pretty bad... Which is a shame I think, because there have been some cool creations from the community that just get overlooked for another stupid glowing track in the sky with terrible seams between the pieces and random pinatas and breakables everywhere.

Latest Posts

Back