Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,798 comments
The other day I read a post on Reddit from Dead Zeppelin. The guy who made the Forzakart event.

He is clearly a blueprint creator as it's shown on his daily payouts. Now I can only imagine how proud would I feel if my creation ended up in a playlist. I build it and they use it. Such a little thing but so awesome. And no matter how much fun one can get from it you simply can't ignore the amount of work needed to built this type of event. I'm really happy for him and I think Playground Games is doing the right thing giving those smaller creators a spotlight.

Do I like the event? To be honest it's too much for my One S so I cant really enjoy it. But it is so unique that it's worth a try. A small convoy would be a fun enough experience if everyone on Series consoles. For me this type of events are like Itasha liveries. Not for many but still require a lot of hours creating them.

And than there is this post he made about not getting uses/likes/credits since it's a playlist thing.

"I don't get anything for having been featured, except for the satisfaction of being featured I supposed.

And even then, it's bittersweet, a lot of people hated it and I'm getting random chat requests from people I don't know on Xbox and downvoted on reddit lol"

How sad is that.

I know I've been a grouch about this before but, other than the photo studio one, have any of these highlighted EventLab things been not trash?

Trial of the Grasses this week up on the volcano is actually alright - the surface is smooth, there are no gimmick banked turns or anything, it's just using platforms to build a new road layout, with a bit of flow to it instead of lots of 90 degree stop-starts. Even the AI seem to manage to lap it competitively without any weird brake checks or pileups. I normally take an off-roader to deal with all of the bumps and jumps, but this time there's a track with neither, which can be driven in a normal car.

The 'touge style' route a few weeks ago was decent too - although it was basically just an existing road with a wall down the middle, it was nice to drive on something the width of a normal real-world road instead of a four-lane boulevard.

In a fit of desperation to get this week's Forzathon to work I repainted my VW bus red and cream and fully quit the game. Guess what? I started it back up and the game recognised that I was driving it and I was able to complete the Forzathon.
I know it was probably coincidence but it made me chuckle.

True, the first thing I always do with the special livery cars is reseting them to stock upgrades even if the car is already stock to generate the correct thumbnail...
Wow, I gotta remember to do that. Because I'm sure I have gifted a few of those away. At least to give me a chance to look at it first. Most of the 'special livery' designs I have found to be not so impressive, (in my opinion). But I did like the Earth Day livery. But yeah, there should be a way that the design uploads the thumbnail so that you can tell them apart in the Garage.

Trial of the Grasses this week up on the volcano is actually alright - the surface is smooth, there are no gimmick banked turns or anything, it's just using platforms to build a new road layout, with a bit of flow to it instead of lots of 90 degree stop-starts. Even the AI seem to manage to lap it competitively without any weird brake checks or pileups. I normally take an off-roader to deal with all of the bumps and jumps, but this time there's a track with neither, which can be driven in a normal car.

The 'touge style' route a few weeks ago was decent too - although it was basically just an existing road with a wall down the middle, it was nice to drive on something the width of a normal real-world road instead of a four-lane boulevard.
Ah yeah I forgot about the touge one, it was actually kinda fun.

If I turn the game on again before the end of the week I guess I will try the other featured one... After doing the low FPS one and getting enough points for the McLaren I just turned the game off.

I'd like to see more that are just on "normal" routes but have altered scoring or the power changes. I've done a few where you earn points for laps and then get slower or whatever and they can be interesting. There was one... last week? Or something that had a mechanic where you picked up things to go faster, but the route itself wasn't interesting and it just had a bunch of random jumps scattered around, so it was a good idea with uninspired execution.

My favourite Eventlab was the Airfield Rallycross circuit from a few weeks ago. It was really nicely made and laid out. It even had an alternate Joker lap (Shame the Joker lap rule couldn't be enforced) 😊

I'm fortunate not to have any fps issues in those stunt races on PC but If they are unplayable for a large part of the community then I would rather them not be included at all. I appreciate the creativity and patience to create such things but I wouldn't say they interest me that much.

Last edited:
Wow, I gotta remember to do that. Because I'm sure I have gifted a few of those away. At least to give me a chance to look at it first. Most of the 'special livery' designs I have found to be not so impressive, (in my opinion). But I did like the Earth Day livery. But yeah, there should be a way that the design uploads the thumbnail so that you can tell them apart in the Garage.
Yeah I like the Earth Day i8 a lot as well. But my favourite is still the Day of the Dead Corvette I think. ☺️

Me doing the Quattro summon dance today to manifest at least one new Audi coming in the update:

5dvz7o.gif

Upon analyzing the credits for this game, I have found these companies interesting under car sourcing & licenses.:

This will be the primary source:

Car Sourcing (starting at 4:18):
  • Action Express Racing (The team that entered IMSA through its Whelen themed Cadillac DPI VRs)
  • Adrian Flux (Ties to the Subaru Levorg GT that was leaked in FH4)
  • Asphalt Anarchy (Cadillac ATS-V Formula Drift car?)
  • Bryan Herta Autosport (Entered Hyundai touring cars starting from the 2018 IMSA season)
  • Extreme E (Electric SUVs racing across areas affected by climate change, mostly offroad)
  • Jimco Racing
  • "Kind Racing Company"
  • LAP Motorsports LLC (offers IMSA TCR programs using a Honda Civic, as well as the Mini Cooper JCW)

Body kit makes from Car Sourcing:
  • Crown SpeedLab
  • Sigala Design
  • Tampi Customs

Licensing Partners (Starts at 11:23 of the video I mentioned above):
  • Brabham Operations PTY LTD (Most likely a potential license for a BT62)
  • FCA Italy S.P.A. (Possibly another form of evidence that could hint at Fiat, Abarth, Lancia and Alfa Romeo returning to FH5 in the future)
  • Felino Inc. (Felino CB7/CB7R)
  • Grabowski Brothers (Subaru Crosstrek Desert)
  • Keoracing APS (IDK what cars they licensed for the Forza franchise)
  • Rivian Automotive LLC

New badge files (I'll upload these badges on TCRF soon):
  • XPENG (Chinese Electric car manufacturer; badges were first discovered by Yusuf Tegar)
  • Brabham BT62 badges
  • Camburg
  • Cooper (For the T81?)

These are known but weren't worth mentioning because they don't really tell much. A lot of companies can be in there just because of a sponsor sticker, a part manufacturer logo, a plaque on a car, etc. Only the files actually pertaining to car textures are real hints, and those are being cleaned better now anyway.

Ah yeah I forgot about the touge one, it was actually kinda fun.

If I turn the game on again before the end of the week I guess I will try the other featured one... After doing the low FPS one and getting enough points for the McLaren I just turned the game off.

I'd like to see more that are just on "normal" routes but have altered scoring or the power changes. I've done a few where you earn points for laps and then get slower or whatever and they can be interesting. There was one... last week? Or something that had a mechanic where you picked up things to go faster, but the route itself wasn't interesting and it just had a bunch of random jumps scattered around, so it was a good idea with uninspired execution.
As the person who made the Points Race mode you're referring to (as well as a couple others that have also been Editor's Choice in the past... I might one of a very small number featured three times?), in my very biased opinion I agree that they should include races that mess with the rules along with custom tracks in the Playlist.

Problem is the community seems to have embraced Rules of Play a lot less (except to make grinding for credits a bit faster, sadly), and the limitations/lack of information you have when setting up modes does restrict what you can do a fair bit. Here's hoping they announce that more RoP are being added today!

Me praying on hourly basis for a mid-70s-late-80s Ferrari to come to the next update
View attachment 1142327
I agree. We already have 100 different 458/488 Brothers, and many more post-2010 Ferrari's, but still not many of the 70's-90's gems.
I personally find it especially disappointing that the 365/512BB and the 365GT4/400/412 are still not in the game.
The former was one of the iconic V12 midship Ferrari road cars, and the latter was a true Gran Turismo, simple and beautiful, no vulgar stripes and carbon body kits.
These Ferraris will never please the teenagers who make up most of today's hypercar fans, but they are certainly great cars.

Patch notes are live: https://support.forzamotorsport.net...67845737235-FH5-Release-Notes-April-26th-2022
Version Number:
  • Xbox One: 2.455.111.0
  • Xbox Series: 3.455.111.0
  • PC: 3.455.111.0
  • Steam: 1.455.111.0
Accolades
  • New Horizon Tour events allow "Power Trip" Accolade to be completed
  • Fixed "Now we're talking" Accolade
  • Fixed "It's go time" Accolade
  • Fixed "Prophet of Regret" Accolade
  • Fixed "Seven Day Wonder" Accolade where completing any dailies outside of the current season would not complete this
Festival Playlist
  • Fixed issue where Series Rivals was awarding 4 points per season instead of 4 points per Series 
  • Fixed issue which could cause the Treasure Chest not to appear after solving the clue
  • Fixed issue where the Forzathon Weekly wouldn't register the required car being owned and driven in the first chapter
  • Added over 200 new Horizon Tour events 
  • Added specific Drivatar names to Horizon Tour and The Trial
  • Improved the UI flow when leaving the Badges screen
  • Improved the Custom Racing UI logic when choosing PI and Type 
  • Fixed crash when playing an Open Championship when at a Horizon Open level of 1000
  • Fixed scenario where a Convoy joining a complex EventLab event could result in the Convoy not making it into the event
EventLab
  • Added Series 6 collectables to EventLab props
  • Added new conditions "get torque scalar" and "get gravity scalar" to EventLab rules of play
  • Added new low and medium strength Bounce Pads in addition to the existing Bounce Pad in EventLab props
  • Updated Apex Wall Prop to not have invisible collision above it in EventLab
  • Fixed broken UI when creating a different race type Event from the base Event type in EventLab
  • Fixed issue where players couldn't turn traffic on even if there were no props
Cars
  • Updated Morris Minor to reflect correct year
  • Fixed Volvo V60 Polestar left wing mirror was showing the right mirror's projection
  • Fixed livery mapping on the 2008 BMW M3 when using certain body kits
  • Fixed issue where an auto upgraded Unimog couldn't be driven in Manual w/ Clutch
PC
  • Fixed stall when engaging in a Head to Head both in Freeroam and during Eliminator
  • Fixed issue when moving the game to a second monitor and making it full screen
General
  • Various stability improvements
  • Added Screen Reader functionality to more screens
  • Fixed exploit with Drift Zone and Trailblazers
  • Fixed issue in Super7 where retrying or revalidating a challenge wouldn't let the creator edit any placed props
  • Fixed Mask layer group UI in the Livery Editor
  • Fixed issue where a tree had appeared in Ek Balam Cross Country Circuit
  • Fixed subtitle errors in Drift Club Mexico
  • Fixed an issue where Festive decoration could incorrectly appear in Freeroam

I agree. We already have 100 different 458/488 Brothers, and many more post-2010 Ferrari's, but still not many of the 70's-90's gems.
I personally find it especially disappointing that the 365/512BB and the 365GT4/400/412 are still not in the game.
The former was one of the iconic V12 midship Ferrari road cars, and the latter was a true Gran Turismo, simple and beautiful, no vulgar stripes and carbon body kits.
These Ferraris will never please the teenagers who make up most of today's hypercar fans, but they are certainly great cars.
As someone who's waited eons for literally any possible sign of a Maserati manufactured between 1963 and 1983 to appear in Forza or literally any other racing game, I both feel your pain and mutter "hey, could be worse". Gimme that Bora, dang it.

As someone who's waited eons for literally any possible sign of a Maserati manufactured between 1963 and 1983 to appear in Forza or literally any other racing game, I both feel your pain and mutter "hey, could be worse". Gimme that Bora, dang it.
I fully agree. This era of cars appears to have gone under the radar a bit. That's why the inclusion of the Lamborghini Espada surprised me quite a bit. I had the same surprise when the Jarama S was included in Horizon 4, only to be dropped for Horizon 5 (please come back...). Would love to see a Ferrari 308 or 512BB for example.

As for Maserati, I sincerely hope that the l'Ingenere clue refers to a Maserati from Giulio Alfieri such as the 3500GT or indeed the Bora.

Edit: 5 Ferraris coming!

SF90 Stradale
F8 Tributo

Last edited:
As a Mexican, the inclusion of a Mariachi outfit is... meh? I wore one at a school festival aeons ago and that was that. I love Ferraris and 5 more are welcome, but thematically speaking, French cars would make more sense for 5 de Mayo (not our independence day) celebrations.
Thanks for that comment, good to see the actual Mexican perspective on this. As someone not being Mexican I have the feeling that Playground is going too much down there stereotypical route with Mexico (piñatas etc).

Back