Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,322 comments
1652116746910.png

Forza Monthly is early this time around.

Got 46 seconds in a Corrado by far my best result. The old Scirocco is the next best car for this event imo. The left turn is crucial. Brake early and avoid any contacts with walls or lamps. Just rewind if you are not happy with the exit.
Used the old Scirocco and finally got a good run and got in between 44 and 45 seconds.

ISAD (IsuckAtDriving) got the chance to drive the SF90 Stradale on Horizon Open, and turns out it's not a decent car for it.

It's too heavy, it's single weight reduction upgrade (Race) kicks it out of S1, it lacks grip for S1, it has only one engine swap (6.3L V12 Hybrid) and it's even worse in S2 than S1.

Long-short story: the game treats it like trash.

ISAD (IsuckAtDriving) got the chance to drive the SF90 Stradale on Horizon Open, and turns out it's not a decent car for it.

It's too heavy, it's single weight reduction upgrade (Race) kicks it out of S1, it lacks grip for S1, it has only one engine swap (6.3L V12 Hybrid) and it's even worse in S2 than S1.

A common hypercar that has no place in S1 or S2.
This is mostly why I don't want any more modern hypercars in this game. Most of the time the stock PI is too high for S1, but they have power or handling issues to be used in S1, and when I try to improve it they quickly reach S2 class.

The issue is these new hypercars have all sorts of tech and complicated hybrid systems that the Forza physics engine probably isn't made to handle. The SF90 has brake by wire, a hybrid drivetrain that switches between 4WD and RWD and different electric engines, depending on speed, clever aero and electronics, (among other things) and I don't think these things are modeled accurately in the game. So the car just works on its basic specs and therefore isn't nearly as good as it should be.

We have to hope the new Motorsport game's engine is made for all these new tricks cars have now, otherwise it'll become more and more of a problem as cars become more complex.

Didn't he won a race? I don't understand this thinking that a car is useless unless is a meta. But then when it's a little bit too OP players want to ban that car.
For me a car is more than that. Like every Ferrari is useless for S1 or S2 Open racing except for the FXX, but I'm driving all of them. Or what are the chances the new GT3 won't be competitive since none of the 911 are good for Open? Should I prepare for a disappointment before even try it?

IMG_2155.png

Is it just me, or that the blue Audi is actually an 2015 S3 rather than an RS3? Oh wait... It's the RS3.

Last edited:
I've seen a bunch of people mention Jurassic World as the potential first expansion for FH5 - any big reason for this or is it just pure speculation based on the new movie coming out on June 12?

I've seen a bunch of people mention Jurassic World as the potential first expansion for FH5 - any big reason for this or is it just pure speculation based on the new movie coming out on June 12?
All of it is purely guess work. Nobody is sure what the expansion actually is.

But a lot of things align well for the jurassic world dlc theory:
-Date of Xbox showcase (12 June) being very close to JW movie (10 June).
-Lots of dinosaur piñatas/props in recent updates.
-The main island in the JW movie is off of the Mexican Coast.
-Lots of dino related jokes (hints?) in the monthly livestreams.

What we do know is the (from the Nvidia leak) internal codenames for the FH5 expansions are Project Nightlights (which was renamed to nightfall), Project Ventura and Project Upside Down. This indicates 3 expansions in the works.

1652177247508.png

We also know that the first expansion is in the flighting process (internal testing), since February of this year.

1652177406798.png

Mike brown (Creative Director at PGG), did say that we will hear about the first expansion soon (in the march edition of their monthly livestreams)

The merging of series 7 and 8 as well as an irregular monthly livestream (to showcase the series 8 update, that starts on the 26th of May) scheduled 2 weeks before the standard date (expected to be 24th of May) also may hint that they are planning a livestream immediately after the Xbox Showcase for the expansion.

1652177732591.png

Also wanted to add that, from the patten of the previous FH games, the first expansion is a grounded expansion, while the second is a more extreme one (with a collaboration of some sort :
FH2 (Storm Island, F&F)
FH3 (Blizzard Mountain, Hot Wheels)
FH4 (Fortune Island, Lego)
That would indicate that FH5 would have a non collab first expansion, but they have already broken the pattern of the timings of the expansions ( about 3 months for expansion 1 and about 7 months for expansion 2 from launch). We should have been close to the launch of the second expansion if that pattern was followed.
The fact that there are 3 expansions in the works probably means the they are aiming to increase the overall life cycle for the game to about 3 years, with expansions every 7 ish months.

Last edited:
All of it is purely guess work. Nobody is sure what the expansion actually is.

But a lot of things align well for the jurassic world dlc theory:
-Date of Xbox showcase (12 June) being very close to JW movie (10 June).
-Lots of dinosaur piñatas/props in recent updates.
-The main island in the JW movie is off of the Mexican Coast.
-Lots of dino related jokes (hints?) in the monthly livestreams.

What we do know is the (from the Nvidia leak) internal codenames for the FH5 expansions are Project Nightlights (which was renamed to nightfall), Project Ventura and Project Upside Down. This indicates 3 expansions in the works.

View attachment 1148379

We also know that the first expansion is in the flighting process (internal testing), since February of this year.

View attachment 1148380

Mike brown (Creative Director at PGG), did say that we will hear about the first expansion soon (in the march edition of their monthly livestreams)

The merging of series 7 and 8 as well as an irregular monthly livestream (to showcase the series 8 update, that starts on the 26th of May) scheduled 2 weeks before the standard date (expected to be 24th of May) also may hint that they are planning a livestream immediately after the Xbox Showcase for the expansion.

View attachment 1148381

Also wanted to add that, from the patten of the previous FH games, the first expansion is a grounded expansion, while the second is a more extreme one (with a collaboration of some sort :
FH2 (Storm Island, F&F)
FH3 (Blizzard Mountain, Hot Wheels)
FH4 (Fortune Island, Lego)
That would indicate that FH5 would have a non collab first expansion, but they have already broken the pattern of the timings of the expansions ( about 3 months for expansion 1 and about 7 months for expansion 2 from launch). We should have been close to the launch of the second expansion if that pattern was followed.
The fact that there are 3 expansions in the works probably means the they are aiming to increase the overall life cycle for the game to about 3 years, with expansions every 7 ish months.
My guess for timing is for DLC1 to release on or close to 12 June (before summer holidays), so as not to clash with FM-not8 release in Q3/Q4 2022. DLC2 to then come around March 2023 (reasonably apart from FM8 release) and then DLC3 to release Q3/Q4 2023 around the 2 year anniversary of FH5. That would then make up for no new game in 2023 and also give PGG a year "free" to work exclusively on FH6 (set in Japan 🤞).

I need to bookmark this post, so I can quote it for the next 2.5 years 😂

Is it a good thing we have another tier/performance class between S1 and S2, say S1.5-ish, with a top Perf Rating of S2 950? Will that leave some room for the recent hypercars?

Last edited:
Winter season will be another challenge for many. The PR stunts will require to jump 460 ft on Heights of Mulege. Doesn't seem much but you need to do it in a C-class Hot Hatch. The catch is that with a C-class HH is almost impossible to jump at 78 mph since you will lost all your speed before reaching the top. Anything below 78 mph and you wont fly far enough.

That is one. The other requires 175 mph on the Atlantis de Tula(west of Wild Outpost) speed zone in a S2 Mercedes. I think it's easier than the danger sign but still, you will probably end up with a Personal Best result since for 3 star it you only need 150 mph. 25 mph increase on a speed zone is a little bit too much imo. To me they were harder than the Autumn ones.

Lastly you will need to win a race in a Ford in Open Racing. Good luck with that too.

Last edited:
hmm... Can they only set the difficulty level of a PR stunt to either "extremely easy" or "extremely hard"?

I am fortunately not a perfectionist so I just collect the points needed for 20pts in other ways, but as a player who hates mp I am not too happy with the extreme difficulty of the PR stunt.

hmm... Can they only set the difficulty level of a PR stunt to either "extremely easy" or "extremely hard"?

I am fortunately not a perfectionist so I just collect the points needed for 20pts in other ways, but as a player who hates mp I am not too happy with the extreme difficulty of the PR stunt.
Which one? El Gancho Speed Zone took a couple of passes, but a Macan RR was capable of it, City Escape Trailblazer just needed a clean run to do it by tenths in a random Corrado "build" (literally AWD swap and then power and weight to hit class limits; I made it ages ago for Playground Games), and Caballo Blanco Speed Trap was difficult until I found the right place to start and the right car to use (GTO is pointless, late Evo is where it's at).

I can point you to solutions if you're struggling.

Which one? El Gancho Speed Zone took a couple of passes, but a Macan RR was capable of it, City Escape Trailblazer just needed a clean run to do it by tenths in a random Corrado "build" (literally AWD swap and then power and weight to hit class limits; I made it ages ago for Playground Games), and Caballo Blanco Speed Trap was difficult until I found the right place to start and the right car to use (GTO is pointless, late Evo is where it's at).

I can point you to solutions if you're struggling.
Ah, a little lament over @strela's post on winter PR stunts.
Since the fall PR stunt, which was Trailblazer and Speed Trap, was "difficult" in every forum I looked at, I only played Speed Zone(*extremely easy) this week and otherwise finished up to 20pts in the Daily and Seasonal Championships.

Presumably they increased the difficulty this season because the PR stunt a few seasons ago was criticized on the forums for being too easy, but their balancing seems extreme.

The discussion about how the new Porsche 911 they're adding also changes the interior trim color along with the body color makes me wonder if they're finally getting it into their heads that adding multiple interior color options should be under consideration.
I would hope so because my jaw just about dropped when he said that. We've only been asking for such a feature since FM2. Or was it 3? Regardless, it's been a while.

I would hope so because my jaw just about dropped when he said that. We've only been asking for such a feature since FM2. Or was it 3? Regardless, it's been a while.
Let's just hope that they make it so it's a separate color group too.

Being able to match the exterior is good; being able to pick your own complimentary or contrasting color is great.

Let's just hope that they make it so it's a separate color group too.

Being able to match the exterior is good; being able to pick your own complimentary or contrasting color is great.
It feels like it would be quite easy to implement as well.

Back