Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
It feels like it would be quite easy to implement as well.
I'm no expert, but I suppose it depends on how they handle and map materials for interior parts rather than exterior ones. I have no idea how much work that might take, but it could take a major rework and/or logistical headache for the same undisclosed reasons that the seemingly easy move of allowing us to put livery-editor decals on windows hasn't been implemented yet either.

Last edited:
Speculation: With today's news from Bethesda of the delay of both Starfield and Redfall to 2023 I think the date/content of the first expansion gets announced today (and maybe Forza Motorsports.) :scared:
EDIT: Noup, nada, only the new series, move along...
My only expectation is seeing Forza Motorsport and FH5's 1st Expansion at Xbox & Bethesda's Game Showcase on June 12. ;)
I would hope so because my jaw just about dropped when he said that. We've only been asking for such a feature since FM2. Or was it 3? Regardless, it's been a while.
Wow! Imo Forza Horizon should have such options since it's in a open world setting. :)

Last edited:
I don't like to say this too much because I know this is content that other players have created with passion, but this week's Event Lab "Coaster" was the most painful user-created event.
I understand the creator's intent of wanting to create a roller coaster-like event. I have tried to create a similar event and hopefully it would have been a fun event.

However, the many steep corners and the fact that the finish line was set at the end of a climb made this event a painful one.
I can't tell you how painful that moment was when my finger momentarily left the LB, causing the engine to brake, and I spent over a minute for just a dozen meters to the finish line.😢

I don't like to say this too much because I know this is content that other players have created with passion, but this week's Event Lab "Coaster" was the most painful user-created event.
I understand the creator's intent of wanting to create a roller coaster-like event. I have tried to create a similar event and hopefully it would have been a fun event.

However, the many steep corners and the fact that the finish line was set at the end of a climb made this event a painful one.
I can't tell you how painful that moment was when my finger momentarily left the LB, causing the engine to brake, and I spent over a minute for just a dozen meters to the finish line.😢
I usually rant against the Eventlab events but I thought this was kinda clever (so a major gear box malfunction can be programmed?). Anyways I brought a torque monster (A Toyota Tundra build) to the party and was all good.

Winter season will be another challenge for many. The PR stunts will require to jump 460 ft on Heights of Mulege. Doesn't seem much but you need to do it in a C-class Hot Hatch. The catch is that with a C-class HH is almost impossible to jump at 78 mph since you will lost all your speed before reaching the top. Anything below 78 mph and you wont fly far enough.

That is one. The other requires 175 mph on the Atlantis de Tula(west of Wild Outpost) speed zone in a S2 Mercedes. I think it's easier than the danger sign but still, you will probably end up with a Personal Best result since for 3 star it you only need 150 mph. 25 mph increase on a speed zone is a little bit too much imo. To me they were harder than the Autumn ones.

Lastly you will need to win a race in a Ford in Open Racing. Good luck with that too.
I did it with the 2015 MG MG3, which starts on D so you can build a decent C600. I'm aware that car is not available to everyone. Starting the acceleration run from the offramp and then turning on the highway could be important too.
EDIT: For the Atlantes de Tula its the S2 998 M-B AMG CLG GTR Forza Edition (what a mouthful), with downforce to the max and the gearing slightly tweaked towards acceleration.

I did it with the 2015 MG MG3, which starts on D so you can build a decent C600. I'm aware that car is not available to everyone. Starting the acceleration run from the offramp and then turning on the highway could be important too.
Yeah when you are in the right car with a right tune the jump isn't even a challenge.

The one thing I find with the jump is to find the line to the right hand side, you end up around 85mph half way up the hill. Still not got the speed zone yet, but only because I did one full-aero run.

Fair warning: if you're lucky enough to win Round 1 of the Trial and the second round sees half your team just wildly yeeting themselves over the edge of the cliff on Round 2, Round 3 is THE GOLIATH. Welp.

UPDATE: we lost, because of course. I was doing my best to squeeze every last bit of apex-hitting efficiency out of what turned out to be a woefully underpowered, acceleration/handling-tuned XJR-15, but I wound up in the middle of the overall pack. That was still good for second on my team, which is how I generally know I got burdened with bad luck of the draw.

Last edited:
Glad to see that T10 is keeping up with abysmal customization options for vehicles. The Tacoma probably has the biggest aftermarket following of any of the mid-sized trucks and they offer up a snorkel? Given they have ARB stuff already in the game they clearly have some sort of licensing agreement with the company so why not just utilize that?

Fair warning: if you're lucky enough to win Round 1 of the Trial and the second round sees half your team just wildly yeeting themselves over the edge of the cliff on Round 2, Round 3 is THE GOLIATH. Welp.
Winning the Goliath as a team is just about impossible in Unbeatable, so I just kept re-trying the Trial until we won the first two races so we wouldn't have to do the Goliath.

I have been trying to do the Mulegé jump but the best I can manage so far is 71mph which is 60-80 feet short. I've tried the Renault Clio RS200 (love that car) and the MG3 tuned up for as much horsepower as I can throw at it, but no joy so far.

For the Coaster Eventlab run, I discovered I didn't have to follow the route provided. I just short cut everything in town. The last turn was a sharp right-hander into the tunnel. I only had about 10mph top speed by that time, but I only had to go a few feet for the finish, so it was worth it.

For the Coaster Eventlab run, I discovered I didn't have to follow the route provided. I just short cut everything in town. The last turn was a sharp right-hander into the tunnel. I only had about 10mph top speed by that time, but I only had to go a few feet for the finish, so it was worth it.
I like how he designed this event. As soon as I saw that the gears were broken and when the finish is I knew that the path shown is the wrong one. So simple yet clever. I would never thought something like this is even possible to do in FH5. It's something that I would expect in games like Snow Runners not FH. Event Lab is such a great tool.

If you are still struggling with the jump try this tune for the MG3 code 131 764 265. I used it and it was really easy. Started from the dirt road south of Festival.

Winter season will be another challenge for many. The PR stunts will require to jump 460 ft on Heights of Mulege. Doesn't seem much but you need to do it in a C-class Hot Hatch.
The other requires 175 mph on the Atlantis de Tula(west of Wild Outpost) speed zone in a S2 Mercedes.

I actually found both as easy as normal - got them first time with little effort. For the jump I started on the other side of the highway in a stock Mk1 Focus RS, went straight up the dirt path in 4th avoiding cacti, and had at least 10 metres to spare.

For the speed zone, I used a stock CLK GTR FE (which is also an easy to obtain prize this week for this very reason), came at it from the side that has a very long, smooth 2km runup, was doing 200mph+ when I hit it, then took the first turn virtually flat with tons of runoff. The second turn I just mashed the brakes wherever and still beat the target - with a bit of finesse I'm sure it could be exceeded much further.

I missed the first corner after the effect is enabled, and found that rewinding breaks it. For me it was basically just a quick sprint in an Ultima at full power.

Glad to see that T10 is keeping up with abysmal customization options for vehicles. The Tacoma probably has the biggest aftermarket following of any of the mid-sized trucks and they offer up a snorkel? Given they have ARB stuff already in the game they clearly have some sort of licensing agreement with the company so why not just utilize that?
What? Have extensive customization in an open world racing game? Surely you jest?

I enjoyed the Coaster event, something different and interesting and I crossed with 25mph on the speedo. I liked near the end having to keep up speed around the right angle turns in the town. I've had to do similar things in real life. Can't remember the car I used.

The jump was in a Cooper Works mini that had 598 points, think it was stock. Went over the highway to the cliffs opposite the jump for a long runup I didn't need but near the top of the hill in 4th I went from 85mph down to 78. Rewound, stuck it in 3rd up the hill and aimed right slightly, cleared it easily at just over 80mph.

For the speed zone the 998/MB requirement strongly hints at what car to use, took the CLK FE. Approached the speed zone from the east as theres a sharp corner at the other end, long run up hit the zone at 196mph and you can take the left hand almost flat out, just tapped the brakes while still full throttle. It does not like you cutting the corner, too much time on the grass and its a fail and you spin too much anyway. The CLK was never meant to be off road!

The trailblazer for the treasure hunt was easy when you know how. Always had a problem getting stuck in trees before. Took a 350 Shelby GT I tuned to 900p for a dirt race, (it handles well and has solid acceleration) and took a run up, aimed the jump to get me landing nice and fast and in line with the road. Hit the brakes to turn left onto the dirt track and then peeled off to the right at just the right point, but it gets narrow right at the end so if you brake and make adjustments it takes a load of time. I made it with 25.2 in the clock. The chest was the easiest to find yet.

The trial both times we won the first one, but the first time we did that second race the AI cars gradually worked their way up through the pack and a certain win quickly turned into an impossible one to win. Second time round I gave the mid pack runners a chance by holding back 4 cars through the turns by driving quite slowly and constantly moving from outside to inside. It was rewarding knowing I was not only helping by blocking but still scoring decent points for the team. Sometimes I'm useless, sometimes I make the difference between a win or a loss.

Last edited:
What? Have extensive customization in an open world racing game? Surely you jest?
Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Anyone know if the Hoonigan Fords are eligible for the Horizon Open thingamabob?
They are not. But you have lot's of Fords capable of winning. I suggest either the F-100 for B class dirt or the F-450 for B class CC. Specially the F-100 is OP in dirt racing. Both are also easy to use.

I had 4 points waiting for me again this week from the Rivals event, after only having 1 point waiting for me last week... so I dunno what's going on there.

Usually I take shots at the EventLab stuff but this one I found kinda okay, but I could see how a bad car choice might make it more painful. I just used the CLK GTR that I used for the Trial since I was already in it, and it went fine.

Speaking of the Trial, I'm not sure when they changed it so the AI don't upgrade their cars and just have regular names and not gamertags, but it has made it super easy. The last 3 weeks in a row I beat the Trial in the first 2 races each week, usually with at least half of the team having a car that isn't optimized.

This week in the first race had a dumb teammate push me out of a checkpoint in the first race, then at the start of the second race he drove face-first into the concrete barrier that protects the crowd about 8 car lengths off the start all on his own. It was a very satisfying use of the "Nice driving" quickchat thing.

If someone dislikes the "AWD Everything" tunes and needs one for the trial esp. Volcan Sprint i made one for the McLaren F1. No Forza Aero, only some cool rims imo and easy win:

Forza Horizon 5 14.05.2022 21_01_05.pngForza Horizon 5 14.05.2022 21_04_47.pngForza Horizon 5 14.05.2022 21_04_33 (2).png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back