Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,324 comments
I'd love more older ones like the 308 so many beautiful old Ferraris we don't have.
512 BB, 308 Quattrovalvole, a 275 GTB/4, the 250 SWB... there is a lot of Old Ferraris i love to see in Forza series and in Videogames in General. (GT7 have some of those, i'm quite happy for this)
Heck, no game have the 456 GT, one of my most loved cars when i was i little child :(

Last edited:
512 BB, 308 Quattrovalvole, a 275 GTB/4, the 250 SWB... there is a lot of Old Ferraris i love to see in Forza series and in Videogames in General. (GT7 have some of those, i'm quite happy for this)
Heck, no game have the 456 GT, one of my most loved cars when i was i little child :(
my kingdom for a Breadvan

1651858308156.png

Hi all,

Is anyone having issues registering the 1st chapter of Forzathon?

Got my F150 tuned and not registered, reverted back to stock, restarted the game and still nothing...

Thanks in advance! :)

Will I get crucified if I said that I want the Roma in the game? :lol: It’s just so pretty!

Also I absolutely love the SF90 and everything about it, can’t wait for the F8 :D

Overall I’m happy with how many Ferraris we got so far, can never have too many of them, love seeing them all in my garage.

And of course Audi getting some love is the best thing, just the new RS3, RS6, RS7, RSQ8, R8 V10 Performance and RS Etron GT left :cheers:

Last edited:
There's definitely a very strange lack of 1970s and 1980s models throughout the game's history (the only 1970s Ferraris we've ever had in Forza, be it Motorsport or Horizon, have been racecars and only the 288 GTO, 512BBLM and F40 variants represent the 80s) yet we now have 4 variants of the 488. I bet we'll get the Roma or 296GTB before we get something like a 330GT or a 512BB.

But it's not just a Ferrari thing, most big manufacturers have complete eras missing.

With a bit more research into the car colours, I can now edit the actual colours of materials themselves, rather than just swapping them between cars.
First candidate was naturally the 996 GT3's Racing Yellow, which has been horribly off since FH4 (it's actually fairly accurate to the paler Pastel Yellow on 996s, but is listed as Racing Yellow internally so I'm considering it a mistake), before and after:

ForzaHorizon5_T6iBsaDYNZ.png
ForzaHorizon5_fKLYT7anpy.png

EDIT:
Okay, scratch that, I'm a completionist and I like having more options, so I decided to make Pastel Yellow more accurate too, added it back as an option below Racing Yellow, and gave them both correct thumbnails:
ForzaHorizon5_oDngDCMnps.png

Last edited:
With a bit more research into the car colours, I can now edit the actual colours of materials themselves, rather than just swapping them between cars.
First candidate was naturally the 996 GT3's Racing Yellow, which has been horribly off since FH4 (it's actually fairly accurate to the paler Pastel Yellow on 996s, but is listed as Racing Yellow internally so I'm considering it a mistake), before and after:

View attachment 1147227View attachment 1147229

EDIT:
Okay, scratch that, I'm a completionist and I like having more options, so I decided to make Pastel Yellow more accurate too, added it back as an option below Racing Yellow, and gave them both correct thumbnails:
View attachment 1147242
This actually leads me to one of my no-big-deal but still longstanding gripes with Forza: why can't we save custom colors? If I go through the (admittedly minor) trouble of looking up where to put the sliders so I can paint a car BMW Solar Orange Metallic or Nissan Twilight Blue Pearl, I'd rather have a persistent, saved in-game tab of ones I've actually formulated and applied to a car instead of just having the "recently used" tab that resets every time I close the game.

my kingdom for a Breadvan

View attachment 1147187

I wonder what licensing is like for that car - it's based on a Ferrari chassis and mechanical bits (from this car, with that body used to repair another car), but it was built by Bizzarrini, tuned by Nembo, and bodied by Carrozzeria Sports Cars. Under the Drogo-styled bodywork, it was revised to the point of moving the engine location and using different heads on the Ferrari block. It makes the upgrades of a Singer 911 look like a bodykit and paint.

But it's not just a Ferrari thing, most big manufacturers have complete eras missing.
Exactly.
Forza, and many other racing games, tend to downplay 1980s cars.
The lack of 1980s models of American cars is particularly disappointing.
Thunderbird, Daytona, EXP, Fiero. They may not be as popular as muscle cars, but they are important sports cars in the history of American cars, born in the new era of global environmental concerns.

If more of these models were added to Forza, and other racing games, there would be more ways to enjoy American cars other than muscle cars, SUVs, and pickup trucks.

I thought the SF90 was a bit crap, but the Safari Z is shockingly terrible. Just... why?
I like the concept of it. A tribute to the 1971 East Africa winning Fairlady Z based on the modern 370Z. But like the other two Forsberg cars, it promises much and delivers little.

Really struggling with the Trailblazer, just can't seem to get a good run through either corner and miss out by a second or 2.

Really struggling with the Trailblazer, just can't seem to get a good run through either corner and miss out by a second or 2.
Got 46 seconds in a Corrado by far my best result. The old Scirocco is the next best car for this event imo. The left turn is crucial. Brake early and avoid any contacts with walls or lamps. Just rewind if you are not happy with the exit.

I didn't expect to spend more time for these more difficult PR stunts, really annoying. Also, for some reason, the Car Pass Nissan is not unlocked for me. I was able to redeem every single car so far and last I checked the calendar, it's past the 5th.

Anyway, for the trailblazer, I finally got it after using a tune on the VW Beetle from this video:

1963 Volkswagen Beetle Tune - SC - 181 963 342

Just remember to use rewind if you hit some objects or didn't take the turn as well. The last left turn, like in the video, you should be at ~50-51 seconds.

I've enjoyed this week's challenges - yes, they've been tough, but at least it's taken more than one attempt to complete.

Speed trap I just got it with 130.65mph, and even closer with the trailblazer at 44.018s.

It's been nice to have some challenges that have caused genuine frustration instead of tick boxes.

I've enjoyed this week's challenges - yes, they've been tough, but at least it's taken more than one attempt to complete.

Speed trap I just got it with 130.65mph, and even closer with the trailblazer at 44.018s.

It's been nice to have some challenges that have caused genuine frustration instead of tick boxes.
I have to admit. Despite me getting slightly frustrated with this season's speed trap, I found it to be fun because of how challenging it. I then thought to myself "we should have more challenges like this" as it requires skills, which I really like. It would definitely put in the place of those who want to crap on the game saying "it's too easy because aRcAdE".

Back