Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,342 comments
I feel there like is going to be a major split in opinion for this DLC

You'll have people criticizing PG for revisiting an old expansion, with the common thoughts being

• It's lazy, it's already been done
  • Wanted something more grounded & original
Then you'll have people praising PG for revisiting an old expansion, saying

• never got to play it since FH3 has been delisted
  • more of a good thing is fine
Hoping it's bigger & better than FH3 Hot Wheels and I'll be happy with that. Though I would have preferred something original.

Last edited:
I still hate Hot Wheels cars, but I also think FH3 Hot Wheels expansion was awesome, so I'm looking forward to this.

It can't be worse than the Lego expansion we had in FH4, can it? :P

Wow, I just tried it and it did indeed show up. It is not a fake. A real leak.

In my opinion, this is just ok.
I'm a HW enthusiast and the two cars currently known are not bad. the FH3 HW Expansion was also a good experience.

It is the car list that concerns me. Hopefully my favorite Time Attaxi or Mad Manga will be there.
I understand that these cars are toy cars, but they are good substitutes for a Crown Confort or Bosozoku Style Nissan Laurel. Not bad.

Anything else to worry about? Nothing in particular, as long as the experience is comparable to FH3 HW Expansion.

Wow. If true, very very surprised they've decided to revisit Hot Wheels. With Hot Wheels getting it's own game, didn't think this would be on the cards.

Will be interesting to see if there is more track building aspect now with EventLabs being a thing in FH5
It is true, it got deleted off the site, but heres a screenshot of before it was deleted
1654758507630.png

It's interesting they are doing a Hot Wheels expansion 1st, instead of a realistic one like they have done for every other game.

I feel there like is going to be a major split in opinion for this DLC

You'll have people criticizing PG for revisiting an old expansion, with the common thoughts being

• It's lazy, it's already been done
  • Wanted something more grounded & original
Then you'll have people praising PG for revisiting an old expansion, saying

• never got to play it since FH3 has been delisted
  • more of a good thing is fine
Hoping it's bigger & better than FH3 Hot Wheels and I'll be happy with that. Though I would have preferred something original.
I'm split that way for the Hotwheels DLC leak, it is a revisit to an idea that was done before but it is one of the most fun expansion I had in FH games.

I do wonder what happen to the usual more grounded map expansion that FH usually gets as expansion 1, I hope it is still coming and not 2 tie-in expansions for FH5.

Also the speculation for the tie-in DLC was Minecraft months ago, I rather have Hot Wheels again than that.

bakcvc4s3es71.jpg

These are the "leaked" codenames for FH5's expansions.

Do you think Project Upside Down correlates to Hot Wheels? If so, we still have Ventura and Nightlights to come.
I think you might be right, can't see other names listed here being relevant to HW. Also, licensing agreements TBD seems that this might be the only expansion that needed an official license from a third party company.

Would be lying if I said I'm not massively disappointed. Hot Wheels in FH3 felt like a whole bunch of nothing, and the only enjoyable part I can remember was that it brought the Zonda R back. Was hoping that expansion 1 would reignite my interest in the game but it looks like that's not happening yet.

Though the previous Hot wheels DLC was great fun I hope there's enough new features for it this time to not just feel like a rehash of it.

I also wonder if the DLC is partially (or even entirely) on the main map though, they've mentioned how the game world can be modified easily, I don't think it's just to add Christmas decorations.

In a way I guess it makes sense to release the "fun" DLC first this time, it's easier to make than a whole new DLC, so it gives them more time to work on the more grounded DLC. Especially if there's two DLCs after this. Considering all the bugs at launch, it wouldn't surprise me if they started work on the DLCs later than usual.

Good news, but there are some obvious questions:

Would assets from HW be usable in main game? Are they exclusive for HW owners? Is there proper connection tool for track building or its same as it right now in main game?

What with PvP? Same story as it was with FH3(MM for expansion owners), FH4(private only) or its integrated into general MM and available for everyone?

I'd assume that going to the themed expansion right away is a result of doing greater heights and more intense weather in the base game. Given that they seem to be dropping the bi-annual release schedule and therefore not restrained to the same DLC launch windows, I'm quietly optimistic to see what's new, both in this DLC and the next two.

I really hope the expansion has multiplayer hoppers at the very least. Lack of them in FH4's expansions definitely lead to them dying out quickly.

They could also add a section of the festival playlist dedicated to the expansion. Even if it is like 1 seasonal championship, or 1 pr stunt a week. Give us a reason to revisit them.

So, about these new Hot Wheels cars confirmed,

The Deora II is a modern reimagining of the classic Deora from 1964, which was based on the Dodge Deora concept. There was a replica of this thing built in 2003, in order to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Hot Wheels, by Chip Foose, Five Axis, Mothers', and PPG.

1860809050_c818b9cda9_b.jpg

"Bad to the Blade" debuted in the 2011 documentary, Fearless at the 500, and was technically a concept for a futuristic Indycar design.

1200px-Hot_Wheels_Real_Life_Bad_to_the_Blade.jpg

What are other cars that may potentially come to this expansion?

Not sure of models new to Forza, but the cynic in me says we'll almost certainly see at least a few return from Horizon 4's HW pack to pad out the list.

Not sure of models new to Forza, but the cynic in me says we'll almost certainly see at least a few return from Horizon 4's HW pack to pad out the list.
Still have the HW Mustang and the Rip Rod from FH3/4 to port back in as well. Perhaps they'll be seasonal rewards for Season 9.

If that is real, i'll deinstall the game.

I hoped for some map expansion like the other Horizon games with a seriously touch, but as it seems my hope was for nothing..

I thought for everything, but not Hot wheels. This will not make me lonker stay in the game

Last edited:
I liked the HW expansion for FH3. If they revisit HW again for FH5 (and even for the first expansion) IMO that means they have some new stuff to show us. Otherwise they wouldn’t pull this off IMO. So I’m quite optimistic about the map expansion. Personally I don’t care about HW cars in FH so I hope there are some normal real world cars in the expansion as well.

The DLC cover art itself sure looks dull, the one for FH3 looked way better.

Really? The Hot Wheels DLC in FH3 was really good, I enjoyed it. However, I think it is lazy to revisit old DLC themes in future games, especially when the developers are asking for our money for them.

If the concept is done half as well as it was for FH3 then undoubtedly the DLC will be fun to play but for a game already struggling in a lot of players eyes (not mine I love it) rehashed ideas will not help.

My guess:
  • 1963 Hot Wheels Ford Econoline Gas Monkey Garage "Hi-PO Hauler"
  • 1967 Hot Wheels Dodge Deora
  • 1968 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Corvette Gas Monkey Garage "Midas Monkey"
  • 1969 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Bus "Beach Bomb"
  • 1971 Hot Wheels Chevrolet El Camino
  • 2011 Hot Wheels PRO 2 Truck
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Loop Cars (Modified Mitsubishi Evo)
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Team Hot Wheels Corkscrew Buggy
https://www.hotwheelsmedia.com/car-culture/

It seems to me that they will again only add real Hot Wheels, or cars custom built for them, to the game this time around.

This is a little disappointing, but it makes sense: many players don't like the idea of adding toy cars to the game, as evidenced by the backlash against Lego, and then HW.
In that respect, these cars can claim to be real cars.
They are also easier to scan, and are better in those respects than fantasy cars.
And finally, such a lineup would be less likely to compete with Hot Wheels Unleashed.
Of course, many of these cars have appeared in their games as well.
But by separating well between HW Unleashed, which only features HW as toys, and FH5, which adds only real-world HW, they will be able to collaborate while maintaining their good relationship with each other.

PS: I forgot the winner of the Hot Wheels Legends Tour.
Many of these cars were not included in the FH4 Hot Wheels Car Pack.
Perhaps a custom car like Riley Stair's Firebird could be included in this expansion.

Last edited:
Revisiting Hot Wheels is pretty disappointing. FH3 version was fun for a while but wore off quickly so unless there's significant upgrades and changes since then, this probably won't see a lot of play time.

Last edited:
My guess:
  • 1963 Hot Wheels Ford Econoline Gas Monkey Garage "Hi-PO Hauler"
  • 1967 Hot Wheels Dodge Deora
  • 1968 Hot Wheels Chevrolet Corvette Gas Monkey Garage "Midas Monkey"
  • 1969 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Bus "Beach Bomb"
  • 1971 Hot Wheels Chevrolet El Camino
  • 2011 Hot Wheels PRO 2 Truck
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Loop Cars (Modified Mitsubishi Evo)
  • 2012 Hot Wheels Team Hot Wheels Corkscrew Buggy
https://www.hotwheelsmedia.com/car-culture/

It seems to me that they will again only add real Hot Wheels, or cars custom built for them, to the game this time around.

This is a little disappointing, but it makes sense: many players don't like the idea of adding toy cars to the game, as evidenced by the backlash against Lego, and then HW.
In that respect, these cars can claim to be real cars.
They are also easier to scan, and are better in those respects than fantasy cars.
And finally, such a lineup would be less likely to compete with Hot Wheels Unleashed.
Of course, many of these cars have appeared in their games as well.
But by separating well between HW Unleashed, which only features HW as toys, and FH5, which adds only real-world HW, they will be able to collaborate while maintaining their good relationship with each other.

PS: I forgot the winner of the Hot Wheels Legends Tour.
Many of these cars were not included in the FH4 Hot Wheels Car Pack.
Perhaps a custom car like Riley Stair's Firebird could be included in this expansion.
Wait a sec... FH4's Hot Wheels pack may actually come back... or the 1969 Volvo P1800 that won the 2021 Legends Tour.

Glad to read others are disappointed so it's not just me being a grouch.

I felt like the only person who didn't like the FH3 HW expansion, even as a HW collector the novelty wore off for me in about 30mins and it was also the final straw with me for the FH series where I went from pre-ordering "gold" or "deluxe" or whatever the hell they were calling it to just playing them on GamePass...

This just isn't the kind of content I want, and I don't feel like the physics in the game work great for it. The physics in GTA V kinda suck, but the stunt races there are more exciting and there's more freedom to truly build crazy giant Hot Wheel style tracks so I don't need to pay extra for this in FH.

I want a damn Carrera Panamericana expansion or Baja 1000 expansion or something, not more "OMGZ GUISE LOOK MOAR JUMPZZZZZ N LOOP DA LOOPZZZZ HAHA OMG SO CRAZZZZZY" kids toy.

Hopefully they at least find a way to make this unique, but the Forza team (for both series) has been so unimaginative for a while now that it's hard to be too optimistic. The EventLab is pretty powerful and offers a lot of freedom, so I guess we can at least expect some user-created tracks which sounds cool... until you remember that 90+% of user created content is low effort, barely playtested garbage.

Eh, a leak is just a rumor until it's been proven or announced. I'm not holding my breath on this one, so far it's only been seen on Steam.

I never played the FH3 HW expansion simply because I never played with HW and prefer driving in a realistic environment. So it will be something new to me. But I'm afraid it will get stale pretty quick for me. Just like Lego in FH4.
I know some will love it and that is fine. I'm happy for them.

I would prefer Blizzard Mountain type of expansion.. If HW will get confirmed I'm afraid It would be impossible to get a snow/ice expansion. 2 expansions similar to FH3 are highly unlikely imo. Uff...

r/forza - So remember this
This is from the Nvidia leak for the FH5 expansions. Out of the three, Project Upside Down is the one with licensing agreements (HW)

This leaked today and its cover car was first shown as a a Future indycar concept a while ago. Also known as Bad to the Blade.

Upsidedown is the name of the team that made it. Hence the name, Project Upside Down.

Any idea what powers this thing? I couldn't find anything on it.
There's also a Deora II in the Expansion Cover.

Last edited:
Back