Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,083 comments
A bit annoyed there won't be a demo to try out the game and that the Horizon Playlist is back with exclusive crap.... Hope there's a thread or something to list exclusive cars coming to the game.

As for people getting SO worried about BMW, Mazda, Bugatti, etc.... As people pointed out before, don't they know how to read that the list isn't final?

Im soo glad they finaly put some effort in the wheel support, cuz Forza Horizon is the perfect game to cruise but the wheel support was just meh. Now im even more hyped and the improved physics are always welcome. And why is eveybody panicking over BMW, im 100% sure they will be in the game same for Audi. I think they will introduce newer models thats why they keep it till the end.
yeah. prob right about that. bmw will be a big miss if its not included at launch like mitsubishi or toyota. makes sense if they show it later with newer cars. the list they revealed so far had zero new cars in it except for the ones that been revealed through the streams. prob saving the new additions for the end.

This is not the final list. It's literally the second sentence on the article.
bugatti is owned by volkswagen. if vw is in most likely bugatti would be too. wont make sense if they had one brand and not the other since they are both owned by the same company.

bugatti is owned by volkswagen. if vw is in most likely bugatti would be too. wont make sense if they had one brand and not the other since they are both owned by the same company.
Eh, probably not quite, though it does make sense on paper. I remember this discussion way back in GT days, but Volkswagen Auto Group is not necessarily the exact same as Volkswagen the manufacturer when it comes to licensing approval. Bugatti's department that oversees these types of licensing deals may have different points they want to discuss with PG/T10 than Volkswagen, and VAG may choose not to overstep Bugatti points they'd like addressed with the developers.

I can see why people worry, FH3 lost VW, FH4 (technically FM7) lost Toyota and Mitsubishi, so they do have previous for this.

The frustrating thing with H3, H4 and 5's car lists (if its 550) is that they seem to launch with less cars than what the last game ended up with. A problem that has never really occurred with the Motorsport side of things, sure a handful don't make it but the newcomers more than make up for it. In Horizon you still get the 20-30 new cars but you lose 50-100 in return.

It would be weird if BMW was missing considering they chose to use a tuned BMW in the video showing how they record audio. Granted it could just be intended as a generic engine sound, but I'd imagine there's other cars they could showcase from brands in the game.

I... don't know how that's a response to what I said. But just to repeat what I said:

1631050205826.png

Everyone Hyped about the car list. I'm more intreged by the new Freeroam Multiplayer server system.

No more 72 player lobbies, Instead everyone is connected to a massive MMO style server that will always populate your world with nearby players. And each region can have a differing amount of players you connect to, as to feel appropriate for the location. More players in cities and less in remote jungles.

and I noticed that the R32 Skyline GT-R is still the same old model from back in FM2, that's a shame. Though I guess it's not surprising, I saw the 22B still looking the same in earlier footage. Probably all of the FM2 based models are like that in this game. I guess I'll have to wait until the next Motorsport title to see if Turn 10 puts an effort into updating those.

Anyway, oh nice; they released a full car list or at least what they had so far. The omission of BMW on there is odd for now, but I'll wait for a more finalized list before actually worrying about that (once again, I read that it isn't the final list).

As for the rest of the car list, I'm happy to see that the Porsche 917LH is at launch, but the Ferrari 512S right now seems absent. If it isn't in the final list, that is going to be a bit shameful as the 917's rival really should be available at the start versus possibly waiting for it again in a dlc cycle. OH well.

We lost BMW…
Please note that this list is not the final version.
And the brands that they have announced on twitter have one thing in common: they will be adding some kind of new car.

This is my guess, but I think they are going to add some new cars to the BMW lineup and announce it on twitter at a later date, which is why BMW is not on this list yet.

https://www.motor1.com/news/530932/bmw-2-series-mexico-made/
I came across this article the other day.
Given that the FH5 takes place in Mexico, I think it makes sense that they would add the new 2 Series Coupe to the FH5 and make a big deal out of it.

Last edited:
Now, they have removed the Bone shaker monster truck from the car list.
Probably this car is a content that will be added in Car pass or Playlist. It seems that they accidentally released this car first.
Left hand unaware of what the right hand is doing, methinks...

“Welcome to our Forza Horizon 5 car list. This list isn’t final, as we’ll be expanding it with even more cars and manufacturers in the weeks ahead, so check back regularly for all the latest updates.”
Didn't watch the thing. I just read it here

Not sure a demo is really needed considering the game will be on game pass day one. Also, I would rather them not take developers away from the main title to work on a demo.

bandicam 2021-09-08 02-47-06-044.png

bandicam 2021-09-08 02-47-38-137.png

Interesting findings from the stream.
There is one exclusive car in Nissan's car catalog that is unlocked on the condition that you get 20 different Nissan cars.
However, the 1969 Fairlady Z (Fairlady Z 432) that is supposed to be unlocked here already exists in the catalog and is counted as an owned car.

Perhaps this exclusive car is the unannounced Forza Editon, or a new car to be added to the series.

View attachment 1078762

View attachment 1078763

Interesting findings from the stream.
There is one exclusive car in Nissan's car catalog that is unlocked on the condition that you get 20 different Nissan cars.
However, the 1969 Fairlady Z (Fairlady Z 432) that is supposed to be unlocked here already exists in the catalog and is counted as an owned car.

Perhaps this exclusive car is the unannounced Forza Editon, or a new car to be added to the series.
Bear in mind that Mike Brown did say on several occasions on the stream not to put too much value in any numbers or details you see as it is a dev build.

A quick example of this is in fact in that clip. The official car list just released (and it isn't the final list) has 20 Nissans, and that clip has 22. The list in the clip is in fact the FH4 list, minus the Sentra and FE/Preorder cars, plus the Rally Raid truck. The 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z and 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II are in the clip, but not on the published car list (at least not yet).

Last edited:
You would think that, but we had Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley in FH3, but not VW. Still, I’m not panicking about the lack of BMW and Mini at this point. They are likely just finalizing the licensing right now.

Didn't watch the thing. I just read it here
It wasn’t in the video. It was in the article posted here. I’m really not trying to give you a hard time. It’s just that this is a great example of why it’s always a good idea to read the article before commenting on it. Otherwise you could just end up repeating someone else’s bad take.

The only Bugatti that I would really miss is the EB110, change my mind.
Why change your mind, you're absolutely right. The Veyron, Chiron and Divo are just about undriveable. I guess the Type 35 can be fun to drive at times, though.

Re BMW, I guess since the FH3, FM7 and FH4 reveals and subsequent withdrawal of VW, Mitsubishi and Toyota in those games, one can "panic" by reflex at the glaring omission, even if said list isn't actually finalized.

Why change your mind, you're absolutely right. The Veyron, Chiron and Divo are just about undriveable. I guess the Type 35 can be fun to drive at times, though.

Re BMW, I guess since the FH3, FM7 and FH4 reveals and subsequent withdrawal of VW, Mitsubishi and Toyota in those games, one can "panic" by reflex at the glaring omission, even if said list isn't actually finalized.
I hope this is a case of "Gr8 b8 M8" on PG's part and they won't be forced to let so many vehicles fall by the virtual wayside.

Last edited:
As far as I know, BMW has not had any "licensing issues" with any game publisher in recent years for their racing games, so you probably don't need to worry about it.
I'm sure in the next few days or weeks they will announce the BMW launch car list on twitter and stream along with the new BMW models. (Perhaps the new BMW 2 Series coupe or the new M4?)

On the other hand, one brand that is not on the list yet that worries me is Chrysler.
I'm afraid that in their case, the whole brand was removed from the car list not because of "licensing issues" but simply because of lack of demand. Like Lincoln in FH4 for example.

Chrysler is certainly not the sportiest brand in the Stellantis group.
However, both the 300C and Australian Charger were my favorite models, so hopefully this brand will be in the game, either on the launch car list or even the playlist.

As far as I know, BMW has not had any "licensing issues" with any game publisher in recent years for their racing games, so you probably don't need to worry about it.
I'm sure in the next few days or weeks they will announce the BMW launch car list on twitter and stream along with the new BMW models. (Perhaps the new BMW 2 Series coupe or the new M4?)

On the other hand, one brand that is not on the list yet that worries me is Chrysler.
I'm afraid that in their case, the whole brand was removed from the car list not because of "licensing issues" but simply because of lack of demand. Like Lincoln in FH4 for example.

Chrysler is certainly not the sportiest brand in the Stellantis group.
However, both the 300C and Australian Charger were my favorite models, so hopefully this brand will be in the game, either on the launch car list or even the playlist.
Wasn't Charger in previous gameplay?

Back