Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,541 comments
I usually don't mind, but this is the worst Playlist I've seen so far - beyond Extreme E and German Excellence.

I get it, the office was closed for three weeks and they didn't have time to finalise something better, but it's so uninspired and turgid.

The timing of the Hoonigan stuff doesn't help, nor does the fact there's complete silence from PG across social media and the official site.

4.30pm guys, two hours after it became available and an hour from knocking off. Chop chop.

Even the official forum playlist post was more after-the-fact than usual...

It all feels like... everyone's bored of it.
I hate to say it but having played this week's playlist bar the championships I have to agree. 50 lamps to break.....again. 😥

Although I don't share everyone's mood regarding prize cars not matching the theme (did they ever? I should check) I still enjoy the jokes :)
What gets me is if they want to go with Renault, why not pick something else? RS 01? DeZir concept? Ridiculous Twizy (which I love)? I also wouldn't mind more Peugeot cars if they insist on French manufacturers. 406 from Taxi movies, or 206 from NFS games of my childhood, or 106 Rallye, or RCZ with convertible animation? I mean my knowledge regarding different car models is pretty limited but even for me it feels like a lot of interesting cars are missing, and what we get is three different Clios.

I always feel stupid complaining about the lack of cars in a game where there are 700 of them, I know there are a million reasons for devs to do it the way they do (legal reasons, some future plans, contradictive car requests on the forums... :) )

Although I don't share everyone's mood regarding prize cars not matching the theme (did they ever? I should check) I still enjoy the jokes :)
What gets me is if they want to go with Renault, why not pick something else? RS 01? DeZir concept? Ridiculous Twizy (which I love)? I also wouldn't mind more Peugeot cars if they insist on French manufacturers. 406 from Taxi movies, or 206 from NFS games of my childhood, or 106 Rallye, or RCZ with convertible animation? I mean my knowledge regarding different car models is pretty limited but even for me it feels like a lot of interesting cars are missing, and what we get is three different Clios.

I always feel stupid complaining about the lack of cars in a game where there are 700 of them, I know there are a million reasons for devs to do it the way they do (legal reasons, some future plans, contradictive car requests on the forums... :) )
Give me a French Automotive Excellence. They did it with FH4. With licenses with Citroen and Peugeots. Also, the 2CV is a far more desirable car than some supercar.

But even if they did consider adding new Renaults that still requires licensing.

On the other hand I'll try to get the Megane, but it's really unfair they held it back until now. Is nothing sacred?

Last edited:
I would not get too excited, take into mind what is happening this season. Below is a picture of my brand new Ford I just unlocked. 😏

View attachment 1220857
She's a beautiful little Ford my friend and no doubt about it...😂😂😂
"MEGANE" is French for Mustang, everybody knows that. :rolleyes:
Since Ford allegedly ripped off the Megane's front suspension design for the RevoKnuckle in hot Focus models, they're probably a lot closer to Ford than we think.

I already did the tenuous link for MG to Ford in the season change article :lol:

... any anger and frustration directed at Playground beyond just a disappointed shrug seems like overkill compared to what's happening at almost every other major developer. (PG's dropped the ball a couple times, but it could be worse: they could be Blizzard.)

Thank you for saying it, sincerely. What's going on here never went past the realm of disappointing, the worst crime FH5 committed is being serviceable at worst and, as you put it, a good-to-great racing game at its best. We are miles away from the worst of the industry.

Yeah, just like how “baguette” is French for Touge roads 😅
Now I want to watch an anime about a baguette delivery boy in his 1985 Renault 5 GTL... I would call it Initial Dé.

As for this new series, I'm getting big filler episode vibes here. I'll just race as I usually do and not pay the playlist too much mind once completed. Honestly more excited about that Tsukuba recreation, seeing all the new Ken Block liveries that appeared for various Hoonigans, and finally catching up on my accolades.

Chucked together some cars from past Forza's that could be a possibility for the Japanese Automotive update.

Of course we could get a curve ball and only get 1/2 Japanese vehicles but hopefully like the German Automotive update, it'll be on theme.

Personally I think the Nissan Z is a lock - definitely wouldn't have been teased in the Torben Tuesday if it wasn't coming, and it's the perfect car to headline the Japanese update. Much like the new 911 GT3 was for the German update.

Possibilities for the Japanese Automotive update

New to Forza
2023 Nissan Z - Torben Tuesday Clue
2017 Subaru Crosstrek Desert Racer - Leaked Thumbnail

From FH4
2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
1970 Honda S800
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2009 Lexus IS F
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1973 Mazda RX-3
1972 Mazda Cosmo 110S Series II
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car
1995 Toyota MR2 GT
1974 Toyota Corolla SR5

From FH3/FM7
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
2018 Honda Odyssey
2014 Honda Civic Si
2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
1986 Honda Civic Si
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Roadster
2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1966 Nissan Silvia
2005 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT
1996 Subaru SVX
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1968 Subaru 360

From FM4
2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2000 Honda Integra Type-R
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
1994 Honda Civic 1.5 VTI
2012 Lexus LF-A Nurburgring Edition
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Lexus SC430
2004 Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R

Will put some actual predictions through later - but definitely a lot of vehicles here that would fit great in FH5 and I'd love to see in the game. Particularly the FTO and Honda Del Sol. Would be awesome to have back in Forza!

Chucked together some cars from past Forza's that could be a possibility for the Japanese Automotive update.

Of course we could get a curve ball and only get 1/2 Japanese vehicles but hopefully like the German Automotive update, it'll be on theme.

Personally I think the Nissan Z is a lock - definitely wouldn't have been teased in the Torben Tuesday if it wasn't coming, and it's the perfect car to headline the Japanese update. Much like the new 911 GT3 was for the German update.

Possibilities for the Japanese Automotive update

New to Forza
2023 Nissan Z - Torben Tuesday Clue
2017 Subaru Crosstrek Desert Racer - Leaked Thumbnail

From FH4
2015 Honda Ridgeline Baja Trophy Truck
1970 Honda S800
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2009 Lexus IS F
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1973 Mazda RX-3
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car
1995 Toyota MR2 GT
1974 Toyota Corolla SR5

From FH3/FM7
2018 Honda Odyssey
2014 Honda Civic Si
2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
1986 Honda Civic Si
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport
2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Roadster
2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1966 Nissan Silvia
2005 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT
1996 Subaru SVX
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1968 Subaru 360

From FM4
2000 Honda Civic Si Coupe
2000 Honda Integra Type-R
1995 Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR
1994 Honda Civic 1.5 VTI
2012 Lexus LF-A Nurburgring Edition
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Lexus SC430
2004 Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R

Will put some actual predictions through later - but definitely a lot of vehicles here that would fit great in FH5 and I'd love to see in the game. Particularly the FTO and Honda Del Sol. Would be awesome to have back in Forza!
Cars I'd love to see from that list:

1970 Honda S800
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1973 Mazda RX-3
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1966 Nissan Silvia
1996 Subaru SVX
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1968 Subaru 360

As you can see from the ages of the cars in this list, I have a type.

Cars I'd love to see from that list:

1970 Honda S800
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1973 Mazda RX-3
1985 Nissan Safari Turbo
1966 Nissan Silvia
1996 Subaru SVX
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1968 Subaru 360

As you can see from the ages of the cars in this list, I have a type.

Your type is good taste.

I mean, the Subaru SVX is on your wishlist. :D

Jokes aside, and besides the SVX, I'm pining for the Mitsubishi FTO...

We'll see about it in maybe the next ForzaMonthly in late January, but I'm actually considering the options. We do know the Nissan Z being at least confirmed. Another car that could headline the theme is the LC 500. Badge files exist of this car and well, it has yet to materialize. Safari needs to be added I mean it has its own FH5 isometric texture.

As for the 1995 MR2, please no. Unless if they remodel that car I'm vetoing it. The model was abysmal and was unfit for quality 10 years ago, let alone 15.

Last edited:
This is for me BY FAR the most fun event lab creation they ever added to the festival playlist. This is simply a great race track!
Week after week there has been so much gimmick junk I got really tired about it. Bugs And glitches all over the place, unclear what to do etc. And what’s even more impressive is that most of the entire thing is floating in the air on the map (it uses the starting point at the slope of the volcano). I’m massively impressed! I did like the Don Joewon Song event lab creation from a few weeks ago as well, but that was more from a visual impression, not for racing.

55DD55EB-349E-475F-B547-2ED088A22E66.png

If there is a second new car other than the 400Z I am hoping it's something that's been teased or leaked as well (1990 Samurai or the 1992 Tsuru/Sentra SE-R that ManteoMax kind of teased). You never know with these people. The GR Yaris has also been highly requested on the Forza forums.

I also would add the 2011 Honda CRZ to the returning from FM4 list. Not likely but it fits the criteria

Last edited:
I've always loved the series, but I find myself getting quite bored. I always loved logging in on a weekly basis and doing the events but lately I've just not been interested. I guess it's a good sign to stop playing until the next DLC.

If there is a second new car other than the 400Z I am hoping it's something that's been teased or leaked as well (1990 Samurai or the 1992 Tsuru/Sentra SE-R that ManteoMax kind of teased). You never know with these people. The GR Yaris has also been highly requested on the Forza forums.

I also would add the 2011 Honda CRZ to the returning from FM4 list. Not likely but it fits the criteria
When did Max tease the Tsuru?

That reminds me... what the smeg happened to that crossword from October?

Aside from it being corrected once to change the layout and clues, we've had three clues in October, three in November, and still five blanks - nothing in the December Monthly/Let's Go (technically "Fordzathon" fits, but then there's no suggestion it should be on there) and the radio silence in January is so bad they published the barest, boniest, barebones S16 piece yesterday four hours after S16 went live but marked it as being posted on Wednesday.

As if the boring Playlist wasn't bad enough...

There's nothing wrong with low interest in a game which is well over a year old now, after all.

What I find helps me regain my enjoyment of FH5 is to not simply slog through the weekly playlists like it's a chore, but to instead pick cars I've never looked at before and try them out. Before I know it the grin is back while racing and I'm having fun.

P.S. This week's playlist photo of the 1970's Ford Transit from the playlist was interesting... I had absolutely no idea that this was even in the game :)

The '70's transit van is a great little vehicle to mess about with. I've got it up high on its suspension and slightly over powered at the moment. It currently rock and rolls in and out of every corner. I'll never race it, the fun is in going as fast as possible without tipping it whilst playing around on the map.

Just to clairify the Transit existed since 1965 and the Forza model is that model, in Custom trim. Really fun to drive despite being slow and I want this in the Motorsport reboot.

I tried using the Transit for the PR Stunts, but it was too drifty with the stock tires. Ended up using the Coupe for the trap and the Anglia for the Zone.

I've always loved the series, but I find myself getting quite bored. I always loved logging in on a weekly basis and doing the events but lately I've just not been interested. I guess it's a good sign to stop playing until the next DLC.
They are coasting with this game with people on Fable and working on FH6 with the new engine.

The seasons are like here’s a new car each week that takes 10 minutes to get the 20 points for it. Paid car packs adding like 10 cars at once to dive into would be more fun than this trickle.

I'm currently watching Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and I would love to have something like that in a future FH. The man loves and knows cars, his commentary is both insightful and amusing, and the cars featured in the show range from pristine classics to lemons to utter rustbuckets!

On that note, I would also love an excursion to Jay Leno's garage.

Cheeky request time. I've uploaded some of my vinyls in the paint and designs folder on here. If anyone can download, use and like I'd be very appreciative. If you do let me know and I'll return the favour for you. Cheers.

They are coasting with this game with people on Fable and working on FH6 with the new engine.

The seasons are like here’s a new car each week that takes 10 minutes to get the 20 points for it. Paid car packs adding like 10 cars at once to dive into would be more fun than this trickle.
This is what it is sadly, and the continuous drip-feeding continues. A few pages back and you'll understand why FH5's state is pretty bleak in spite of the fact that the basic gameplay and functionality is nothing short of incredible.
EDIT: page 350 to be exact. I've even laid out the traditional New Years' resolution which PG clearly did not follow through.

Last edited:
This is what it is sadly, and the continuous drip-feeding continues. A few pages back and you'll understand why FH5's state is pretty bleak in spite of the fact that the basic gameplay and functionality is nothing short of incredible.
EDIT: page 350 to be exact. I've even laid out the traditional New Years' resolution which PG clearly did not follow through.
I mean dripfeeding is a way to make game fresh sometimes... Imagine forza releasing all new cars in a month and after months later there's no new cars left to put to the game and end up recycling again... and ur the type player who likes to "hurr durr why no new cars this dat, why forza don't add "this car" to the game, hurr durr they have license but they're lazy to add so on. It's just supply and demand, that's it.

Latest Posts

Back