Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,096 comments
The game now supports higher res textures so I think old ported designs from FH4 won‘t look very sharp.

Honestly I wish they would have disabled porting of low res designs from previous games. Makes it all that harder to find the great new crispy designs… 🙁
The porting should be fine, it’s all vector shapes.

The higher texture may mean that some elects are half a click out this way or that, but I designed all my logos at higher res anyways (Xbox One X had hi-res logo editing).

Last edited:
Ferrari made some extremely beautiful race cars, that is pure sex on wheels.

I hate to keep posting videos that are a few days old but I just found this one of a Ferrari Portofino cruising with the top down.

Easily the best looking racing game I've ever seen.

I love how he begins to move with the wheel turned but because he is in dirt the car goes forward for a few seconds before the front wheels dig into the dirt and turn the car. That kind of physics... that is just awesome.

Last edited:
The porting should be fine, it’s all vector shapes.

The higher texture may mean that some elects are half a click out this way or that, but I designed all my logos at higher res anyways (Xbox One X had hi-res logo editing).
Ok that sounds great! I didn’t know that

More tidbits of information from Ericship:

• The R32 GT-R has 4-wheel steering(!!), but besides it and the Taycan he does not know if any other cars do (that have it in real life).
  • The gauge clusters on the C8 Corvette and '20 Shelby GT500 have been fixed, but the Shelby still has the wrong taillights as of this build (c'mon PG).
  • The 2nd Gen Z3 M Coupe still has the weird interior camera angle in this build.
  • From his testing, cars no longer sink into the ground when going at high speed.
  • The S15 Silvia is still using its old inaccurate model (not surprising).

Days to go...

Attachments

• e9109442317cd04a4a21ac9d5f17a00e.jpg
    e9109442317cd04a4a21ac9d5f17a00e.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks like DJS has shown more visual customization for the FJ40, Mercedes X-Class, Cadillac CTS-V, Mclaren 650S, 1974 Honda Civic RS and more.

There are two pieces of news that I'm pleased.
One, we finally got our hands on a widebody kit for the FE cars of FM7. Maybe it may not be available for all cars, but at least we can use it again on ATS-V.

And one more thing, we got new whitewall tires. In the past, these tires were only available as stock tires for some models, but the fact that the Datsun 510 is equipped with these tires leads me to speculate that these tires are probably the vintage race tire version of the "Forza" letter tires.
Hopefully, this will be a great option for both looks and grip on many vintage cars.
The days of sacrificing grip to save the beautiful look of whitewalls may be over.

Hopefully they fixed the Ferrari FXX sound because it was comically bad in Horizon 4. I know this isn't a wishlist but seeing as they fixed and gave quite a few cars new samples; i'm hoping this was one of them.

Last edited:
Playground are talking about the music right now on Let’s Go.

They started out with an all-Mexican station but scrapped it after realizing that real Mexican radio stations mix in Mexican music with U.S./international music. They changed course to add to the authenticity.

I was disappointed at first but after their explanation I think this was the right move.

They started out with an all-Mexican station but scrapped it after realizing that real Mexican radio stations mix in Mexican music with U.S./international music. They changed course to add to the authenticity.
I really don't think it's a change that mattered enough to be made regardless. Sounds kind of dumb, really. Who cares what real life radio stations are doing when these stations are made up and pretend anyways.

Latest Posts

Back