Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,302 comments
I actually seem to have an extreme distaste of "New Rules". Well, one song, especially from that singer cannot stop me from enjoying FH5 altogether though.
At this point I want to know what Dua Lipa personally did to you man

But just imagine how much backlash FH5 would receive if they featured Black pink in the game, especially "Ice Cream".
Probably none at all because that music group has never been involved in any sort of serious controversy?

But just imagine how much backlash FH5 would receive if they featured Black pink in the game, especially "Ice Cream".
It’s like you’re obsessed with that song or something despite your professed dislike for the song, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean others can’t.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm gonna just switch the radio off, at least after some time on the Hospital Records station. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic -- I've got themed playlists for every category of car I plan on driving, from classic/hard rock for muscle cars (Black Sabbath, Motörhead, Santana) to synthwave, new wave, and old-school techno for '80s/'90s sports cars (Carpenter Brut, New Order, Juan Atkins) to hip-hop for modern tuners and sports (Alchemist, Clipse, Run the Jewels) to dance-pop and house for high-end sports cars (Justice, Basement Jaxx, Lone) -- but nothing much on that official(ish) Horizon 5 playlist jumped out at me as potential new favorites (or old favorites, for that matter). I'm sure the cost of music licensing would only be another massive expense in a franchise where car and tuner licensing is already a huge undertaking, but even with PG's "no modding, ever" stance I hope someone concocts a way to swap in new songs or stations in the Steam version.

Last edited:
As was previously mentioned, could’ve been ‘Don’t Start Now’ as Dua Lipa’s song, but Levitating is workable for me at least. :P

Mind you, I did recognise Royal Blood’s and The Killers songs from Dirt 5. ;)

Had me double checking the list to see if Barns Courtney and Wolfmother hadn’t slipped in with them. :lol:

As was previously mentioned, could’ve been ‘Don’t Start Now’ as Dua Lipa’s song, but Levitating is workable for me at least. :P

Mind you, I did recognise Royal Blood’s and The Killers songs from Dirt 5. ;)

Had me double checking the list to see if Barns Courtney and Wolfmother hadn’t slipped in with them. :lol:
I hope Bass Drum Of Death makes it back into the soundtrack. I find him pretty dependable. I predict another Keeno tune as well.

The only controversy "Ice Cream" would incur is if enough people playing the game are aware of its innuendo in the lyrics. However, I give PG enough credit to realize that song would probably not be best suited for the game, whether by "potential controversy" or realistically, b/c it doesn't fit the game's tone.

Why on earth it comes back to Blackpink themselves being an issue is beyond me. As far as I can glance from their Wiki, they seem incredibly successful & widely acclaimed. If Kia, Adidas, & Samsung have no issues working with them, why would Playground Games? :odd:

Eh, I enjoy the music sometimes in the Horizon games. I liked a couple of FH4's songs.
The only problem is that I got sick of them after a while and turn them off. Oh and PG still had parts of certain songs play during transition screens, that was kinda annoying. I'm hoping that FH5 doesn't do that.

I imagine FH5 will be the same case for me, I'll enjoy some songs until getting sick of them then just mute and play my own music in the background. I usually am just listening to songs on Youtube or Soundcloud.

EDIT: Cool, they made some of the classic cars more expensive than the past. I might actually take longer to collect them this time.

Last edited:
HokiHoshi's video where he answers some questions about the game:

Turning music to 0 mutes it in all places in the game, which is a lifesaver.
Apparently you can have it generate a text string in Vinyl Editor instead of going letter by letter.
He also shows several of the new wheels at the end of the video.

So it turns out the 350Z and E46 M3 have had their sound files swapped in the build given to YouTubers. No wonder I was thinking the 350Z in that video sounded off to me. Both sounds used are very good, they just have to be placed on the right car (NO SPOILERS in this video except engine sounds):

Last edited:
1634451828804.png

this is a neat little thingy 😄👍

And in this next clip, what impressed me the most is before he even starts driving the car, how awesome the wind is playing with the trees across the road. Also the idle sound from animals and cars passing by is impressive! PlayGround games sure have some amazing artists in their team.

Sidenote: I think he’s playing in quality mode since panning the camera around the car looks like it’s in 30 fps. That can look much better either in 60 fps or else if you have a tv with some great post processing magic, typically NOT turning it into gaming mode but putting it in movie mode (at the cost of the game feeling less responsive).

Last edited:
I actually really like Hospital Records Radio. Best radio station, in my opinion.
When I'm playing FH4 I almost exclusively listen to classical and jungle music. I think it helps that the DJs for Timeless and Hospital have the most "personality". I'll probably give Eterna a spin in the new game but if it's exclusively Spanish language I'll miss the quirks of Don Thompson in between tracks.

There are a lot of returning artists if this link is to be believed:

Last edited:
Looks like DJS has shown more visual customization for the FJ40, Mercedes X-Class, Cadillac CTS-V, Mclaren 650S, 1974 Honda Civic RS and more.

Last edited:
Not sure if any of the previews have shown this, but can you import entire car liveries from older games, or just the vinyl groups?

I suspect my first day with the game will be me just porting all my designs over so that people can use them again.

The game now supports higher res textures so I think old ported designs from FH4 won‘t look very sharp.

Honestly I wish they would have disabled porting of low res designs from previous games. Makes it all that harder to find the great new crispy designs… 🙁

Back