• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,499 comments
So:

• 4x FH4 cars added to the autoshow in December
  • 4x playlist cars in December
  • 2x secret santa cars in December
  • 5x Fast X car pack DLC cars in December
  • 8x playlist cars in January

The total # unique cars (not including promo specials) is currently 776.
By the end of December season we'll be on 791.
By the end of January season we'll be on 799.

Thanks to @aeqnx, this should sum both series up well in terms of cars added.

GAhZIWvXkAAL_np

GAhcECqWUAAjBBa

JakeXVX is pretty certain the mysterious Secret Santa car is the 2023 Valkyre. He's normal pretty good for info.

Also how good looking is the 240 in the F&F X car pack? That's me spending £7.99 the wife won't know about 😂😂😂
While I trust JakeXVX as well and he is my go to, there are some things that are just speculation. However, the Valkyrie coming to FM is a decent indicator since the T.50 is coming to both games as well.

JakeXVX is pretty certain the mysterious Secret Santa car is the 2023 Valkyre. He's normal pretty good for info.

Also how good looking is the 240 in the F&F X car pack? That's me spending £7.99 the wife won't know about 😂😂😂
So, I watched his update video and there is 0 evidence at all nor does he reference anything when he says it's the Valkyrie. I'll just wait until it happens to see what it actually is.

So, I watched his update video and there is 0 evidence at all nor does he reference anything when he says it's the Valkyrie. I'll just wait until it happens to see what it actually is.

At 4mins and 40 seconds bud....

At 4mins and 40 seconds bud....

Right, all he says is he is 100% certain, but gives no reasoning as to why. I know he usually has an inside track and did say he had a message from T10 about the system not being rigged, but I doubt if they wanted it to be super secret that they would just give that information out freely.

They are finally adding some Seasonal Playlist reward cars to the autoshow. 10 cars this time:

View attachment 1309041
I think this is a trend we will continue to see, along with some cars debuting in the Autoshow like these in S28. Very convenient the cars they add to the Autoshow are very pricey CR wise.

• 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 - 22,500,000cr
  • 1953 Jaguar C-Type - 5,000,000cr
  • 1970 Ferrari 512 S - 3,500,000cr
  • 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 - 2,000,000cr

The reason IMO: Car Tokens. They now make the returning content more monetizable - and it's been no secret PG have been trying to monetize FH5 a lot more in the past 6 months.

Now, let's put on tin foil hats and think about the future.

The two cars added in this update have two new mechanics.
First, Flip Car.
This car is the first six-wheeled car in the Forza series to feature steering for the front four wheels.
This means that the door is open for other models with similar mechanics to be added to future games.
example:

cars-with-six-wheels-covini-c6w.jpg

art-mg-panther6a.jpg

Jonathan-Holtzmann-in-his-Tyrrell-P34-during-the-2020-Brands-Hatch-Historic-Masters-round.jpg

And T50. This car is also the first fan car in the Forza series.
With the addition of this car we may get these cars in the future.
example:

Max-and-McMurtry-Speirling-1024x683.jpg

2001_Goodwood_Festival_of_Speed_Brabham_BT46B_Fan_car.jpg

Chaparral-2J.jpg

Of course, just as Motorsport has yet to add 6-wheelers or 3-wheelers, there is no guarantee that cars with these mechanisms will be available in Motorsport, given the differences in simulation and physics between Horizon and Motorsport.
But at least Horizon now has a better chance of getting an oddball with these mechanics.

Now, let's put on tin foil hats and think about the future.

The two cars added in this update have two new mechanics.
First, Flip Car.
This car is the first six-wheeled car in the Forza series to feature steering for the front four wheels.
This means that the door is open for other models with similar mechanics to be added to future games.
example:

View attachment 1309089
View attachment 1309093
View attachment 1309094

With the addition of this car we may get these cars in the future.
example:

View attachment 1309090

View attachment 1309092
View attachment 1309095

Of course, just as Motorsport has yet to add 6-wheelers or 3-wheelers, there is no guarantee that cars with these mechanisms will be available in Motorsport, given the differences in simulation and physics between Horizon and Motorsport.
But at least Horizon now has a better chance of getting an oddball with these mechanics.
You forgot Fab 1 bud 😂😂😂

1000006705.png

I think this is a trend we will continue to see, along with some cars debuting in the Autoshow like these in S28. Very convenient the cars they add to the Autoshow are very pricey CR wise.

• 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 - 22,500,000cr
  • 1953 Jaguar C-Type - 5,000,000cr
  • 1970 Ferrari 512 S - 3,500,000cr
  • 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 - 2,000,000cr

The reason IMO: Car Tokens. They now make the returning content more monetizable - and it's been no secret PG have been trying to monetize FH5 a lot more in the past 6 months.
These cars are also coming to the FT shop next series as well, one each season, so don't spend the credits unless you want the car right away. At least I think I saw them as the FT promo shot on the playlist screen, but I could have been wrong.

Last edited:
Very excited that the T.50 is coming in the game as a reward and not paid DLC!!

Interested to see how accurately they have modelled it but more importantly I'm interested to see what it's like to drive, I've driven one (2 in total) and the noise from the drivers seat is insane! They can't replicate the feedback the car gives you but hopefully they've nailed the engine sound.

Interested to see how accurately they have modelled it but more importantly I'm interested to see what it's like to drive, I've driven one (2 in total) and the noise from the drivers seat is insane! They can't replicate the feedback the car gives you but hopefully they've nailed the engine sound.
Based on its appearance in FM they got it spot on, though it doesn't have a driver shifting animation, which seems like a big fail given how proud GMA is of the fact that it's probably the last ever stick-shift super/hypercar.

I have more faith in PG nailing the sound than I do T10 thats for sure.

example:
View attachment 1309094

The P34 has actually been hanging around since FM5, so I assume they've either had issues with the extra wheels until now, or just never got the license sorted.

Technically the McLaren F1 road car is a fan car too, it's just not simulated in any way. I probably wouldn't expect it to be simulated for the T.50 either, at best maybe a hack with the active aero.

The P34 has actually been hanging around since FM5, so I assume they've either had issues with the extra wheels until now, or just never got the license sorted.

Technically the McLaren F1 road car is a fan car too, it's just not simulated in any way. I probably wouldn't expect it to be simulated for the T.50 either, at best maybe a hack with the active aero.
In the stream they explained in detail how they have 2 modes for it: Full downforce mode where the engine power is pushing the fan at 50% speed, and high speed mode where the fan is running off the battery so full horsepower from the engine drives the wheels (and the aero locks into downforce mode).

I have no idea how they simulate the downforce effects of the fan, I guess it is some kind of hack because it can't be easy to put this kind of thing into a generic car physics model, can it?

Based on its appearance in FM they got it spot on, though it doesn't have a driver shifting animation, which seems like a big fail given how proud GMA is of the fact that it's probably the last ever stick-shift super/hypercar.

I hope so, there is lots of intricate details on it and the engine bay is a work of art, especially from underneath.

I have more faith in PG nailing the sound than I do T10 thats for sure.

It was PG I bumped into recording the sound at work, I watched them mic the car and prep.

In the stream they explained in detail how they have 2 modes for it: Full downforce mode where the engine power is pushing the fan at 50% speed, and high speed mode where the fan is running off the battery so full horsepower from the engine drives the wheels (and the aero locks into downforce mode).

I have no idea how they simulate the downforce effects of the fan, I guess it is some kind of hack because it can't be easy to put this kind of thing into a generic car physics model, can it?

Interesting - the driving modes support changing the downforce and drag values (for the AMG One) and the torque figure (for the Mach-E 1400), so it's a good start for putting together that sort of functionality. Good to see them using driving modes more though, hopefully for FH6 they'll retrofit them to older content too so we can have things like drift mode on the E63 S and diff locks on off-roaders.

Thanks to @aeqnx, this should sum both series up well in terms of cars added.

GAhZIWvXkAAL_np

GAhcECqWUAAjBBa
Wow I am so impressed with this! What a month of FH5 ahead of us! :lol:

They only went and did it!!!😊😭👍
I Know there's maybe too many posts about wants for future cars and stuff like that but with the return of the Stellantis brands (Especially Alfa/Lancia) I only really have 1 more (technically 3) wants for the remainder of the game and that would be the addition of Gordon Murray Automotive. T50, T50S Lauda and T33 would amazing. I could listen to that Cosworth V12 all day.

View attachment 1275421

I cant wait to be continuously yeeted into the air by a 10 yr old in their flip car like its GTAV online all over again. :lol:

Last edited:
I cant wait to be continuously yeeted into the air by a 10 yr old in their flip car like its GTAV online all over again. :lol:
I'm not sure but didn't they say they nerfed the flipper to prevent griefing so no Apollo from Robot Wars antics?

I don't know where is this IS300/Altezza theory coming from. Is it the #1 in the official wishlist?
Overanalysis of the generic silhouette used for the Secret Santa car is my guess.

Last edited:
Back