Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,709 comments
So I mentioned before that I try to complete playlists when I have a bit of time which depends on work, well I work in a supermarket. So you can imagine what that is going to be like for the next month.
Well, that's if they don't do the 40-point cars the next series. But I am casting doubt in regards of that statement, especially since the holiday season is upon us and, for most of us, that means downtime because of family, friends, etc. Same with game development. At least it is certainly better than 2022 that is for sure.

Welcome to the real world... and then there's the fantasy of driving a virtual truck. Here's what I've taken since Kansas' inauguration in ATS, and as before it is phenomenal.
1701388576324.jpeg

1701388587028.jpeg

One can only guess my flashy Mack Anthem retrowave livery would stand out.

Gotta do somethin' just to avoid the drought, anyway.

Last edited:
End of an era guys. For the first time since launch I have failed to get the two new cars in a week. My PC was In the shop for a rebuild and upgrade from Tuesday to today and I was stupid enough to not complete it before... 😭

I have plenty of money to purchase them from the Auction House but that will take a lot of patience and luck...🥺

Last edited:
I have plenty of money to purchase them from the Auction House but that will take a lot of patience and luck...🥺
I totally agree.
I love 4Runner and would like to have 10 of them in my garage. And I have a lot of cr to accomplish that.

However, I don't have the patience to reload the auction a million times for 10 cars.
If PG sold a DLC that added all the exclusive cars to the auto show for $100, I might buy it.

End of an era guys. For the first time since launch I have failed to get the two new cars in a week. My PC was In the shop for a rebuild and upgrade from Tuesday to today and I was stupid enough to not complete it before... 😭

To be honest, It could be a whole lot worse. I went to load FH5 for the first time earlier only to be confronted by "Invalid Profile, This profile is no longer available" (Along with an error code)

From the reading I had done it seemed like it was a lost cause and my 1000 hours of progress were gone...

But I checked my steam cloud and all the 6000 something files were present, Including a backup of the last time I played. I also inspected the game files on my actual system and they were the same.

To cut a long story short. After loading the game countless times, Restarting Steam, The PC and a couple of other potential remedies I came across. It just decided to work. Loaded up, Did the Optimizing PC loading screen (Like always on PC) and I was back in!😌

What a relief, I'm pretty sure I would have uninstalled and never touch the game again If I had lost my progress. For anyone in future (Especially on Steam) has this issue, Give it time. As long as the game files are there in the cloud as well as on your system there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

If they do a proper Ford update, they need the GTX1, Shelby 1000 or Raptor and County Squire as returns and the GT Mk IV or Mustang GTD as NTF.
1598607316571.jpg

This car is a semi-virtual entity, close to Gran Turismo's VGT, but the Fordzilla P1 would also be a nice addition.

Fordzilla was originally a Forza team, so why hasn't this car been added to Horizon or Motorsport yet?
Ah, I somehow understood why.
Their website no longer has the Forza name on it, they seem to be playing iRacing or Assetto Corsa...

I'm a little late on the whole "Automotive" theme fantasia, why not put our hands on a Scandinavian country? More specifically, Sweden.

A Swedish Automotive update would bolster in some new ideas, including a lot of returnees from FM7 and even as far back as FM4. The Koenigsegg Gemera would headline the whole update, while a large portion of Volvos would bolster the rest of the playlists' lineup. SAAB is out of the question, sadly, and it hurts. It's about time to bring attention to the lost Volvos.

Sadly I don't think the user base would appreciate a bunch of Volvos, and the Koenigsegg car list is already quite complete so just the Gemera seems a bit thin. I suppose there are some interesting Polestar electric cars now, but even so I doubt it'll be worth the investment.

Personally I want more of the latest big luxury SUVs. For example from Ferrari, Mercedes, etc... But the last two SUVs we got were both electric (Rivian R1S and BMW iX) so I'm not sure if we have a chance at something like the Purosangue.

We definitely need the return of the Amazon and P1800. And I don’t think Saab is a lost cause. There are plenty of cars in the game from defunct manufacturers. Why not Saab as well? Bring back the 9-3 Aero, 9-3 Turbo X and 99 Turbo from FM3, but also give us a couple classics like the 93 GT750, the Sonnet III, maybe even the 9000 Aero.

Sadly I don't think the user base would appreciate a bunch of Volvos, and the Koenigsegg car list is already quite complete so just the Gemera seems a bit thin. I suppose there are some interesting Polestar electric cars now, but even so I doubt it'll be worth the investment.

Personally I want more of the latest big luxury SUVs. For example from Ferrari, Mercedes, etc... But the last two SUVs we got were both electric (Rivian R1S and BMW iX) so I'm not sure if we have a chance at something like the Purosangue.
I would love more Volvi (not sure if the plural for Volvo is Volvo's or Volvo 😂😂😂😂) in the game. The Iron Knight for one would be good to race against the Merc FE truck.

Also SAAB if the licensing issues can be sorted. As I've said before the 99 Turbo would be most welcome indeed.

I would love more Volvi (not sure if the plural for Volvo is Volvo's or Volvo 😂😂😂😂) in the game. The Iron Knight for one would be good to race against the Merc FE truck.

Also SAAB if the licensing issues can be sorted. As I've said before the 99 Turbo would be most welcome indeed.
Speaking of the Volvo Iron knight, if im not mistaken that truck was seen in one of the earlier trailers of FM going back about a year. It was the trailer that showcased the garage and the Apollo cars driving by on laguna seca. In any case Copa trucks or formula trucks would be an excellent race division to add to this game to at least kick off the use of larger vehicles and to add something different. Theres a bunch of manufacturers at play too such as Mercedes with its tankpool truck that we have had in the last few forzas, volvo, MAN, Scania, Mack, VW, Iveco...

Speaking of the Volvo Iron knight, if im not mistaken that truck was seen in one of the earlier trailers of FM going back about a year. It was the trailer that showcased the garage and the Apollo cars driving by on laguna seca. In any case Copa trucks or formula trucks would be an excellent race division to add to this game to at least kick off the use of larger vehicles and to add something different. Theres a bunch of manufacturers at play too such as Mercedes with its tankpool truck that we have had in the last few forzas, volvo, MAN, Scania, Mack, VW, Iveco...
I endorse this post in it's entirety. Truck racing around The Goliath or trying to squeeze them along The Reservirio would be great fun.

More race trucks would certainly be fun for variety's sake. Though at that point, I wonder what if Forza also added some road trucks - wacky idea I know, but we've got the Unimog, there's technically nothing stopping the devs from adding say a Scania 770S (the most powerful production truck in the world, complete with glorious diesel V8 noise) or a Peterbilt 379 (might be the most iconic truck ever - Optimus Prime anyone?) :sly:
EDIT: I will admit one thing though, it'd be a bizarre experience driving a Scania or Peterbilt in a game that isn't ETS2 or ATS, especially with the 180 degree steering animation :lol:

Last edited:
As many have pointed out, the last time we got a double update was the infamous Fordzathon debacle.

Let's hope PG have got something more cohesive for us this time around.

My quick and dirty predictions for the cars for the two series, based off pure cope;

Series 28: Winter Wonderland

Secret Santa Cars:
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra "Terminator"
2003 Lexus IS300

Festival Playlist Cars:
1952 Hudson Hornet
2006 Koenigsegg CCX
2011 Lotus Evora S
2022 Maserati MC20
2012 Pagani Huayra
1993 Porsche 928 GTS

I also think this series will be the community choice Festival Playlist, and we'll see a few of those cars mentioned in the survey added into the Autoshow.

Series 29: British Automotive?? Seen a few people guess this, probably a good shout for a playlist theme tbh.

Festival Playlist Cars:
2001 Aston Martin Vanquish
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda
2019 Bentley Flying Spur
2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T50
2020 Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1962 Triumph Spitfire

Let's see if I get any on the money tomorrow.

Due to some personal matters I sadly won't be able to watch the stream! First time that's happened in quite a long time I believe; hoping to return to some splendid news though.

We definitely need the return of the Amazon and P1800. And I don’t think Saab is a lost cause. There are plenty of cars in the game from defunct manufacturers. Why not Saab as well? Bring back the 9-3 Aero, 9-3 Turbo X and 99 Turbo from FM3, but also give us a couple classics like the 93 GT750, the Sonnet III, maybe even the 9000 Aero.
The problem with SAAB is that it's not really dead - but rather, stuck in an odious legal limbo. You'd need to get Scania AB (which owns the rights to the SAAB brand), GM (which owns IP over most of the SAAB models) and NEVS (which owns the company formerly known as SAAB Automotive) to agree on licensing the older SAAB models. Doable? Maybe. Worth it? As much as I'd love to hoon around in a 96 V4, I have to admit, not really.

As many have pointed out, the last time we got a double update was the infamous Fordzathon debacle.

Let's hope PG have got something more cohesive for us this time around.

My quick and dirty predictions for the cars for the two series, based off pure cope;

Series 28: Winter Wonderland

Secret Santa Cars:
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra "Terminator"
2003 Lexus IS300

Festival Playlist Cars:
1952 Hudson Hornet
2006 Koenigsegg CCX
2011 Lotus Evora S
2022 Maserati MC20
2012 Pagani Huayra
1993 Porsche 928 GTS

I also think this series will be the community choice Festival Playlist, and we'll see a few of those cars mentioned in the survey added into the Autoshow.

Series 29: British Automotive?? Seen a few people guess this, probably a good shout for a playlist theme tbh.

Festival Playlist Cars:
2001 Aston Martin Vanquish
1990 Aston Martin Lagonda
2019 Bentley Flying Spur
2022 Gordon Murray Automotive T50
2020 Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1962 Triumph Spitfire

Let's see if I get any on the money tomorrow.
I hope that they don't put rewards at 40pts again for a while

Also there's a good shout for the GR Yaris, Valkyrie and FL9 Civic Type R, apart from the T50 and the MC20 as new cars.

Last edited:
I have a weird feeling the T.50 and the MC20 will be part of a DLC pack as opposed to reward cars, not sure why.

Back