Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,500 comments
Speaking of French vehicles and naming... does anyone remember a particular Pontiac LeMans? Not the shoddy German Opel Kadett platform but one derived of the Chevelle. Particularly that of the 1971-72 model range (from The French Connection) that Driver San Francisco had?
Honestly, as someone who has played Driver SF in the past, I never knew this about the LeMans. I thought it was just a base model 70 or 71 "GTO" that the devs included for some strange reason - I'd never even heard of the movie, let alone about its supposed iconic car chase until now - but having learnt of all this I guess it makes sense now why Driver SF had one. Personally, I think I'd be more stoked over a 70 GTO but I wouldn't dislike this either.
I wouldn't say this is just a ripoff of the Chevelle, because it isn't. Personally I find this more interesting than the overused Chevelle (which is ironic considering Forza's Chevelle is horrid in terms of modeling and accuracy and Motorfest got a better version of it, SS badging and everything). I wish those game franchises I mentioned would give more love to an unloved Poncho.
Technically the 1969 GTO is a Chevelle "ripoff" yet no-one thinks of it like that, so I'd say the 1971 LeMans is pretty safe in that regard.

And speaking of SS badging... I have wondered sometimes whether PG/T10/MS (assuming they don't reverse their position regarding SS) should replace some SS-badged cars with similar-performing equivalents (eg substitute Camaro SS for Camaro Z28) to circumvent this censure. Not that it'll be easily appliable in all cases - Cobalt SS and 454SS spring to mind, should they introduce them - and and that's not even mentioning the obvious fact that this is a Forza-only problem which other games don't have.

But then again, Forza is having some fun times licensing Citroën DS-related models to their games, and I don't expect this SS situation to change anytime soon, and it would be a good opportunity to provide some new, fresh models to familar cars like the Chevelle, so...

????

Attachments

• Captura_de_tela_2024-03-11_120430.png
    Captura_de_tela_2024-03-11_120430.png
    39 KB · Views: 13
And speaking of SS badging... I have wondered sometimes whether PG/T10/MS (assuming they don't reverse their position regarding SS) should replace some SS-badged cars with similar-performing equivalents (eg substitute Camaro SS for Camaro Z28) to circumvent this censure. Not that it'll be easily appliable in all cases - Cobalt SS and 454SS spring to mind, should they introduce them - and and that's not even mentioning the obvious fact that this is a Forza-only problem which other games don't have.
Most of these problems regarding Chevy's formerly iconic trim level could be traced back to an Australian car publication who decided (for no reason at all) to write a damaging article stating that "Israel got offended" about the Chevrolet SS a decade ago. (Which to me, is personally an excellent case of a badge-engineered Aussie car next to the G8.) Apparently Motor1 (or whoever it was) instigated this whole rumor about it and made an actual news article over this blatant prima facie lie. Of course, said car was not offered in Israel, and there was no mention of this anywhere on Wikipedia or any other car publication that I know of. What this was, in my honest opinion, is modern day "yellow journalism".

For those who were out of the loop about the "yellow journalism", this was invented during the late 1890s, especially that of the sinking of the USS Maine. I'd tell you about it but it would stretch it out over several paragraphs, especially considering it was really nothing more than fake news.

Point is this should've never happened. Yet it's still happening because of one fake news article that caused this accident chain. I wish this article was whitewashed for good.

Last edited:
Speaking of French vehicles and naming... does anyone remember a particular Pontiac LeMans? Not the shoddy German Opel Kadett platform but one derived of the Chevelle. Particularly that of the 1971-72 model range (from The French Connection) that Driver San Francisco had?
View attachment 1336054
(Pic is from IGCD, contributor of Star Wars Fanatic, and it's a '71 coupe)

The most infuriating aspect of this is that, to this day, we still don't have a licensed LeMans of any kind after 2011. Forza does not have one, Gran Turismo does not have one, and not even the most recent Crew game (by Ubisoft no less) has one.

I wouldn't say this is just a ripoff of the Chevelle, because it isn't. Personally I find this more interesting than the overused Chevelle (which is ironic considering Forza's Chevelle is horrid in terms of modeling and accuracy and Motorfest got a better version of it, SS badging and everything). I wish those game franchises I mentioned would give more love to an unloved Poncho.
I would love to have Muscle Car Month with this and 1967 GTO in playlist 😎
1967-pontiac-gto.jpeg

Last edited:
The ID.4 pisses me off. Because:
One of the first cars to enter Volkswagen’s EV lineup comes in as a practical and powerful SUV.

The 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 is a comfortable electric vehicle that doesn’t shy away from the acceleration we are used to seeing in electrically powered cars. The all-wheel drive system included in this SUV along with its 295 hp engine allows it to float from 0 – 100 in 5.4 seconds.

As per usual, one of the best parts of featuring an SUV (electric or not) as a reward car is seeing what type of vehicle you can create with its tuning options. Take advantage of its amazing acceleration or go from the ground up to create the best off-roading EV in your garage.
This is not the car in the game. That's the dual-motor, AWD GTX. The car we have is the single-motor, RWD Standard.

The ID.4 pisses me off. Because:

This is not the car in the game. That's the dual-motor, AWD GTX. The car we have is the single-motor, RWD Standard.
Yeah, I noticed that too, as well as that in the message they themselves refer to it as an SUV while classifying it as a hot hatch.

Though the i4 and iX were also base models and not M-Lites, so perhaps this is at manufacturer's request to have the base ones.

19ff19df-cae0-4627-b592-96d362496532.png

Came back to the game after quite a while away to see some additions they’ve made to the props in Event Lab. The racing kerbs have been a godsend for being able to detail realistic style street circuits. There are some more props I’d like to see added, but there’s only really one big change I’d like to see them make for Event Lab to be almost perfect, and that’s being able to start your grid anywhere.

This image is from a work in progress.

Speaking of Playlist stuff, I've been doing A Small Experiment which you may have seen if you're a this-forum addict.

I've grouped together all of the playlist article threads and preview stream article thread where there is one (we missed a couple, PG squidged a couple together over Christmas) into their own Series threads - so one for S30, one for S29, one for S28 etc.

However, for S30, I've also calved out the posts from this thread specifically discussing the season's events or the series stream into that S30 thread. I had a look at doing the same for older Series but decided not to yet (also: time) just to allow time for rumination on how it looks. Personally I quite like it - it gives a better impression of the discussion around each series and it'd be easier for external bodies to garner feedback than crawling a 560-page thread that dates back to three months pre-launch :lol:

I'll do the same for S31 (as it's the most recent) after it's closed, and when I do the update preview stream for S32 (I'm guessing that'll be announced this week, for Monday 25th) it'd be good if people could post in there rather than in this thread which is meant for more General Discussion than specific discussion of things like a Series.

There's a community challenge involved, of course they'll want to tease it--especially if there's actual stakes for the winning team, like a Series dedicated to the winning team if they do teams themed after countries or drivetrains (my personal theory for how they're gonna do this).

If there's teams like in Horizon World Cup.

SERIOUS EDIT
: Or they're teasing that the 'race-off' is against a crossover promotion aspect, which... kinda doubt at this point but considering the "takeover" aspect isn't being advertised as an Evolving World thing but rather an actual 'takeover' (which usually implies billboards related to the taking-over party) it's a possible one at this point.

Last edited:
Just noticed, I followed about 25-30 users and following more doesn't seem to add their events to the list of Friends and Followed players even if their racing events are in the My History list right after I followed them.

Is there a limit on the follows one can do?

Yes bud there is a limit. I'm at about the same number as you. I try to add new people but I can't until I delete old ones. I've just had an old pal from FH4 join FH5 and I have to make space for him.

I can't remember the exact limit though sorry without login on.

Gotta say, I should've seen the Community Challenge being "asphalt v. off-road" coming; almost feels like PG ended up really liking the idea of Rally Adventure's whole plot being "which race style is better?" and decided to make it its own community challenge.

Definite cause for betting this is the Sterrato update, all I'm gonna say. :P

Gotta say, I should've seen the Community Challenge being "asphalt v. off-road" coming; almost feels like PG ended up really liking the idea of Rally Adventure's whole plot being "which race style is better?" and decided to make it its own community challenge.

Definite cause for betting this is the Sterrato update, all I'm gonna say. :P
The Sterrato would be most welcome indeed.

Okay, first impressions of the EventLabs--both of them are amazing and pretty much made me forget about the bad ones we had last week. Kerb Your Braking especially, that one is a blast on an AWD car.

Probably should go back to the Festival Loop sometime and try it out with a faster car, I don't think it was meant for the racing Huracan I took.

Back