Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,454 comments
The ones in FM4 were a 1968 GT500 KR and a 1969 GT500, the 1967 one was never added before.
FM4_Shelby_GT500-KR.png

I'm so glad they didn't recycle that horrible GT500KR.
I'm sure they modeled it using this completely dissimilar model car as a reference.

1968-Shelby-GT500-KR-green-1-18-Road-Signature-diecast-scale-model-car-1_grande.png

To me, this car was a worse quality and most hated model than the S15, 22B, or R32.

So, like, what is the actual difference between the 2018 Audi TT that's in the Car Pass and the 2020 model we're getting now? Is it mostly aesthetics, like pre- vs. post-facelift?

Last edited:
They're angry cause the Supervan EV is in this.
Nah, it's more because the interview guests weren't supermodels who were somehow also car experts. And that the whole thing wasn't a drag racing contest. Also that all new car packs should be free. Yawn.

I gotta admit the Supervan looked kinda underwhelming at first glance to me, so I'm glad they took it out and showed what it can really do. I'll probably pick up this car pack.

Last edited:
If the facelift TTRS was the R8 V10 Performance instead, this would easily be a top 5, if not top 3 FH5 updates.

I’m still praying that the R8 V10 Performance makes the jump to Mexico eventually, maybe next update :bowdown:

Last edited:
Weirdly I'm kinda torn on this month's playlist choices. First I'm going to give my honest opinion on the Playlist cars as below.

For starters, we got plenty of Mustang love and they've done a splendid job with the lineup, including the oh-so unloved, yet awesome Terminator Cobra. Even the S650 Mustang is coming which is fantastic, and I'd say the same for the F-150 Rapor R since that truck is long overdue. Artura's pretty cool, a gatecrasher to say the least. But everything else, though, falls short.

The 2020 TT RS really is just a glorified facelift and not really worthwhile addition to FM5 imo. It's ported straight from the inferior FM reboot, is based on the inferior US-specifications (maybe that's just the American in me saying that), and not really anything special. The F-Type SVR is awesome, but it came in too late. I suppose better late than never, but I don't get why it took almost 5-6 years for one to show in Forza.

The monetized car pack wise, I'll bring the best one: the '67 GT500 which is a legendary machine plus tons of cool mods. I would love to see this carry over to FM as a free car though tbh.

The Ginetta (don't know the model) looks great and I'd love to see it ported as well. But the last two... well I'll discuss them next.

The Sabre (ported from FMnot8) is simply not interesting for me. A coachbuilder's car isn't a bad choice but they could've chosen a better model... AM Valour, Victor, all those examples. A $3.9 million vehicle sold exclusively to Americans wasn't really worth paying a few dollars in FH5 imo. Did I mention that it's one of the least impressive designs from McLaren themselves?

The Supervan EV is pretty cool, but apparently the community hates it and, well, as above comments said, are the reason. Part of me would say that most EVs sound like dentist drills turned to full blast, but I wouldn't attest. Yeah, it would fit the acceleration theme, but I would have picked other options. It's great-looking but really questionable why it wound up in a car pack.

That's just my opinions on this series.

Last edited:
Just got in from work so I missed the live stream. I've just watched @Jakexvx video on the new series instead. The series looks good to me, I'm more than happy with it.

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on the Mustang in the car pack.

Just got in from work so I missed the live stream.
You can still watch it if you want. Probably no need now though as Jake has filleted out all the good bits for his video.
I've just watched @Jakexvx video on the new series instead
Ta, chuck. Mine's a pint of Newton & Ridley.

I'll check it out now.

Last edited:
You can still watch it if you want. Probably no need now though.Ta, chuck. Mine's a pint of Newton & Ridley.

I'll check it out now.

To be fair I usually watch @Jakexvx round up as it's a lot shorter, more to the point and gets all the info over quite nicely.

Don't forget Betty's famous Hotpot with your pint of N&R lol.

So, like, what is the actual difference between the 2018 Audi TT that's in the Car Pass and the 2020 model we're getting now? Is it mostly aesthetics, like pre- vs. post-facelift?
Only a glorified facelift, with minor styling differences (as mentioned in my opinionated thoughts about this series)
Compare
2018: https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=298907
2020: https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=341516
Don't forget Betty's famous Hotpot with your pint of N&R lol.
Uh, what??

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the 2018 model is a TTS, and the 2020 model is a TTRS?

P.S. F-Type SVR is here finally (and it's obviously the facelifted model). Just one month after the Project 8. So awesome!

Last edited:
Only a glorified facelift, with minor styling differences (as mentioned in my opinionated thoughts about this series)

Uh, what??
It's a Coronation Street (a British soap opera) reference.

There's a pub in Coronation Street called the Rovers Return. @UKMikey and I have a joke about a certain Youtuber looking like the landlady of the Rovers Return. Betty's Hotpot was a beef stew type meal served in the pub, and N&R is a pint of Newton and Ridley's beer.

It's a Coronation Street (a British soap opera) reference.

There's a pub in Coronation Street called the Rovers Return. @UKMikey and I have a joke about a certain Youtuber looking like the landlady of the Rovers Return. Betty's Hotpot was a beef stew type meal served in the pub, and N&R is a pint of Newton and Ridley's beer.
Think I might have just blown my chance of getting a free car pack code in the draw...

Nah, it's more because the interview guests weren't supermodels who were somehow also car experts. And that the whole thing wasn't a drag racing contest. Also that all new car packs should be free. Yawn.

I gotta admit the Supervan looked kinda underwhelming at first glance to me, so I'm glad they took it out and showed what it can really do. I'll probably pick up this car pack.
Honestly, gamers are such ****bags that when you said about poisonous online comments I thought it was the 90 seconds of Black History Month that got them raging.

Honestly, gamers are such ****bags that when you said about poisonous online comments I thought it was the 90 seconds of Black History Month that got them raging.
There's still Women's History Month stuff to go through next month too--I should know, I submitted a photo for that so I could get my mitts on the Lykan I missed.

upaf0nm3eiqc1.png

Next update teaser!
I gotta admit, I did enjoy the bamboozle here; I thought this was partly a Horizon Apex Takeover, but it turns out the very next Series is gonna be just that!

Never mind, of course, that most of the New-to-Horizon cars are asphalt cars and there was only one offroader in that entire bunch. :P

Back