Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,358 comments
Yeah, I'm almost wondering if this is part of a marketing partnership with Ginetta. Small percentage of proceeds from the car pack go towards production of the restomod, maybe. Hasn't been unusual for restomods to be part of these, after all.
Don't worry, I was just having mild fun :lol:

What's interesting is that the car doesn't actually appear to exist. Ginetta announced it in 2019 buuuut hasn't made any yet. It's slated for a debut this year, but not in the original form; Ginetta's decided to make it less of a toolroom copy/continuation and more a restomod in the spirit of the original.

Meanwhile the original concept car is...

View attachment 1340439

View attachment 1340438

I literally can't even with any of that.
I do recall someone who worked at Ginetta accidentally revealed in an Instagram comment that the modelling team did scan every car that was there. Potentially there's one complete prototype in its original, intended form that, despite not being publicly shown, they didn't mind having in the game? Hard to say, but it happens sometimes. The original Most Wanted had a Grande Punto before they launched, which had a 6-speed gearbox and 5-lug wheels as standard, yet neither of those were available for the real car in any trim.

Last edited:
Potentially there's one complete prototype in its original, intended form
Yep, that's the car in the image.

I'm not entirely sure why it's showing as first registered in 2002, or called - mis-spelled twice - a "ginneta ginneta".

My mistake, I thought that one was separate for some reason. The DVLA thing is definitely odd; maybe an old chassis that wasn't on record and had an intern filling in the details when putting it on the system.

I do recall someone who worked at Ginetta accidentally revealed in an Instagram comment that the modelling team did scan every car that was there. Potentially there's one complete prototype in its original, intended form that, despite not being publicly shown, they didn't mind having in the game? Hard to say, but it happens sometimes. The original Most Wanted had a Grande Punto before they launched, which had a 6-speed gearbox and 5-lug wheels as standard, yet neither of those were available for the real car in any trim.
When was this? I'm interested to know, for the sake of development insight, of course.

When was this? I'm interested to know, for the sake of development insight, of course.
Apologies, I was misremembering; someone went on a tour of the Ginetta factory and saw them scanning. I got my wires crossed with a Mercedes dealer who'd said they'd been to scan some of their inventory (such as the Hammer wagon and the E55 AMG).

Last edited:

FH5 Release Notes: March 26th, 2024

1711472692269.png

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 5. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this update.

New Features (Available from March 26th)

• 18 Horizon Race Off EventLab Props
    • 8 Signs & Flags: Asphalt Billboard, Offroad Billboard, Asphalt Flags (White, Dark Blue, Blue), Offroad Flags (White, Dark Orange, Orange)
    • 2 Gameplay: Asphalt Pinata Helmet, Offroad Pinata Helmet
    • 6 Festival: Horizon Race Off Display, Horizon Race Off Entrance, Asphalt Entrance, Offroad Entrance, Asphalt Festival Tower, Offroad Festival Tower
    • 2 Walls & Fences (featuring Snap Functionality): Asphalt Barrier, Offroad Barrier
4 “Acceleration Car Pack” Cars (Available from March 26th - Not included with the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass, Standard, Deluxe or Premium Editions)

• 1967 Shelby GT 500
  • 2019 Ginetta G10 RM
  • 2021 McLaren Sabre
  • 2022 Ford Supervan 4
6 Unlockable cars (Available from March 28th onwards)

• 4 Festival Playlist Reward Cars
    • 2023 McLaren Artura
    • 2020 Audi TT RS Coupé
    • 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
    • 2020 Jaguar F-Type SVR
  • 2 Horizon Race Off Reward Cars
    • 2024 Ford Mustang GT
    • 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor R
"Horizon Race Off" Limited Timed Series Features (Available from March 28th to April 25th)

• Horizon Race Off: Represent Asphalt Racers and Offroad Racers by completing different types of races to unlock two exclusive rewards (redeemable through the in-game message center)
    • Asphalt Racers: complete Road & Drago Racing, Street Racing, Midnight Battles, Speed Racing (Hot Wheels), Apex Predators Races (Rally Adventure)
    • Offroad Racers: complete Dirt Racing, Cross Country Racing, Hazard Racing (Hot Wheels), Grit Reapers Races, Horizon Raptors Racers (Rally Adventure)
  • Evolving World: Horizon Race Off outposts
  • Evolving World: 2 Race Helmet Piñatas
  • 2 Horizon Race Off Outfits (to be received in the in-game message center starting from Horizon Race Off Series switch on at March 28th at 2:30 PM UTC)
  • 1 Series Car Collector Accolade

Bug fixes and changes

General

• General performance and stability fixes
Cars

• Fixed an issue with the 2022 Porsche Cayman GT4 RS spoiler incorrect material (Bug 3930226)
  • Fixed an issue with the 2020 Hyundai i30 N where the speedometer's needle animation was mapped to MPH instead of KMH (Bug 3930161)
EventLab

• Fixed an issue with EventLab where “Disable Standard Scoring” rule was not working (Bug 3925888)
  • Fixed an issue with EventLab where Players made events were automatically set to 5 minutes when launched from the shared events menu (Bug 3926554)

Apologies, I was misremembering; someone went on a tour of the Ginetta factory and saw them scanning. I got my wires crossed with a Mercedes dealer who'd said they'd been to scan some of their inventory (such as the Hammer wagon and the E55 AMG).
Huh, that was seven months ago, two months before FM2023. Must've taken them only two months to make the G60's model, since that was in the game pretty much from launch, so... maybe we'll get that soon too?

In the Xbox App on PC I actually got a pop-up for the new car pack asking me if I wanted to purchase it, whereas in the past it would always arrive late in the app and I would buy it directly in game. Very smooth.

Terminator Cobra gets a full Saleen kit:
View attachment 1340583
View attachment 1340584

2024 Mustang gets a "Triple Seven" bodykit and spoiler:
View attachment 1340589
View attachment 1340590

Artura gets some McLaren wing bits (the bigger one's adjustable):
View attachment 1340591
View attachment 1340592

That’s really great! The wing looks a bit like the new Mustang GTD. Looks like they focus on conversion kits at the moment. The Raptor has no special kits, has it?

That’s really great! The wing looks a bit like the new Mustang GTD. Looks like they focus on conversion kits at the moment. The Raptor has no special kits, has it?
It does have some overlanding parts for the bed and bumper, but I didn't take any shots as I think it's just the same as what the other trucks got in the overlanding update.

As someone that has owned a 2004 Terminator Cobra (see avatar), I absolutely can NOT believe Forza has added this car in. My jaw absolutely dropped once I found out the news. I've been wanting T10 to add this car in since the Forza Motorsport 2 days. Last time this car was featured was in PGR2, and has never made an appearance in a game since then.

Talk about a welcoming addition, was tired of making Cobra clones with the 00 Cobra R haha

GJCuK1nXgAEszMG.jpg

Well, it's been a while since I've talked about Forza Customs.
This game is of course not directly related to FM23 or FH5, but in their latest update they did something interesting.

That is the Delorean bosozoku kit.
Whether you or I like this style of customization or not, the opinions of players who want this crazy style of body kit for Forza have been posted on the official forums for several years.

And Forza Customs has added many body kits and visual customizations in styles not seen in the past Forza that users have been requesting in the official forums.
For example, the low-rider style Chevy Impala, the Pro Street style Dodge Viper, and the off-road conversion Porsche Taycan.

There has long been speculation that this game is not just mobile junk, but a pre-test for more advanced visual customization in the future Forza series.

Is this bosozoku Delorean part of such an attempt?

Hmm. I just got brand new manufacturer bonuses for Brabham, HDT, and Schuppan for some reason...

Hmm. I just got brand new manufacturer bonuses for Brabham, HDT, and Schuppan for some reason...
Same here. They must've revised them with the new patch to be more appealing since the current Brabham and the Schuppan are cars you get with the Hot Wheels expansion. I can't imagine they'd add new cars from these guys in Apex Allstars, since Schuppan literally only designed the one car and HDT's best known for their Commodore tune, so it's probably just PG realizing they needed to update their manufacturer bonuses.

Last edited:
Okay, so before I forget I should probably get my thoughts out on this next Series so far.

Honestly, had I kept this game uninstalled through these last two seasons, I probably would have reinstalled just for the Terminator. I really do think this car would have dragged me back into the game if nothing else from the last five Series did, the SN95 Mustangs are just that appealing to me. Add FH1's 1996 Mach One back in and I think I'd be satisfied.

Heck, all the love Ford is getting is worth the price of admission alone. Three Mustangs, including the original GT500, one from each 'era' of the car (not counting the econobox period, though I wouldn't mind seeing the King Cobra again), an unexpectedly insane Supervan EV racer, and the usual Pickup and 4X4 F-150 on top of that is just mindboggling to me; you'd think we'd have gotten this a year ago with Fordzathon instead of those Renaults. It's a small shame we're not getting the Dark Horse yet, but if I'm being honest, I feel like we'll see it in the months to come, PG won't let any new Mustang go without a performance-tuned variant.

What pulls me back down to earth about this, though, is... well, almost everything else aside from the two McLarens and the Ginetta--though the F-type SVR's not a bad choice either. The 2020 Audi TT RS being naught much more than a USDM facelift of the 2018 TT we already have from the Car Pass (which is pretty much what they did with the new Bentley GT in the European Automotive pack) makes me wonder if it was intended to fill the Bentley's place in the pack at one point before Audi reached out to make it a Playlist reward--something I would have usually welcomed considering their efforts to get all of their current performance line-up in FH5, but, well, isn't exactly welcome now considering that the R8 ceased production on the exact day the Series was announced. If we were going to get a new Audi here, I'd honestly have rather sprung for the R8, but since that's in GT7 now, it's possible that may have had something to do with it.

I'm also not impressed with the decision to focus entirely on asphalt cars for the new Playlist cars and make all of the Hard-to-Find cars this update off-roaders from Year One. If the whole theme of the update is 'asphalt vs. off-road', then PG should have bit the bullet and had 40 point car weeks with new off-road cars and make the Year One off-roaders into either Autoshow additions or seasonal event rewards--or at least alternated the 20 point cars so that one week would be an asphalt car and the next week would be an off-road car. It's a Community Challenge for Pete's sake, use the opportunity to force higher player engagement, I know you've done it before! (Guess they figure the return of S2 Anything Goes PR stunts will do that for 'em, perhaps.)

I get they would have wanted to synergize with the Acceleration Car Pack, since just about every Playlist car has a zero-to-60 time of under five seconds, and I might forgive this decision if they offer later Hard-to-Find cars in the Forzathon Shop this time--the Bronco Raptor and Meyers Manx 2.0 would be great for me since those were from the update I dipped on--but as it is, I find it baffling.

In short: 9/10 car update because Mustangs and Ford love, 6/10 Series because of seemingly hypocritical focus on asphalt cars and baffling Hard-to-Find choices.

Last edited:
The love they have for Ford is real.
But his love is mostly for the F-150, Mustang, Fiesta, Focus, along with some Australian cars, European classics, and the Bronco.

I also like the Mustang and F-150, and I also like the Fiesta and Focus.
However, T-Bird, Thunderbolt, Ranchero, Torino, Maverick (*referring to "coupe" Maverick, not pickup!)...I'm sure Ford still has some great models.
Still, the Ford they add is more diverse than the Porsche lineup. I'm really furious about this issue. I don't need the another latest 911, Cayman, or modified 356. Give me back my beloved Front engine Porsche series now!
However, if they decide to add more Fords in the future, it's time to give Fords who aren't "regular members" a chance.

The love they have for Ford is real.
But his love is mostly for the F-150, Mustang, Fiesta, Focus, along with some Australian cars, European classics, and the Bronco.

I also like the Mustang and F-150, and I also like the Fiesta and Focus.
However, T-Bird, Thunderbolt, Ranchero, Torino, Maverick (*referring to "coupe" Maverick, not pickup!)...I'm sure Ford still has some great models.
Still, the Ford they add is more diverse than the Porsche lineup. I'm really furious about this issue. I don't need the another latest 911, Cayman, or modified 356. Give me back my beloved Front engine Porsche series now!
However, if they decide to add more Fords in the future, it's time to give Fords who aren't "regular members" a chance.
IIRC Ford and Porsche are happened to be the 1st and 2nd biggest manufacturer in the game with 73 and 45 cars respectively, and somehow, I still think there's still room for more cars from either of them. I do agree we should get some of the more obscure/less popular Ford models like Thunderbird and Torino, but personally, I don't mind seeing a couple more 911s, as long as they're special enough compared to the ones we already have (e.g. 992 Turbo S, Dakar, some classics like G-Model SC/RS, 964/993 Turbo and Carrera RS, and Targa models). A Boxster, Panamera Sport Turismo or a different Cayenne would be nice too.

It's a Coronation Street (a British soap opera) reference.

There's a pub in Coronation Street called the Rovers Return. @UKMikey and I have a joke about a certain Youtuber looking like the landlady of the Rovers Return. Betty's Hotpot was a beef stew type meal served in the pub, and N&R is a pint of Newton and Ridley's beer.
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Back