Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,301 comments
If they r doing a biweekly schedule then it should be next week on the 23rd same week as gamescon. Prob be the time when they will announce the cover car. Doing it at games con or prior just seems to make sense.
Or at PAX a couple weeks later, which takes place in Microsoft's home town?

So, I believe I've found a player house.

From the last stream, the moment they exit the house (note the minimap).
Screenshot 2021-08-15 at 21-25-28 Forza Horizon 5 Let’s ¡Go – Episode 5 - YouTube.png

I believe that's this house here:
Captura de ecrã 2021-08-15 212251.png

What do you think about Car Masteries?

IMHO, they were half beaked in FH4 and made use of 99% cars not worth it if you care about general progression.

My thoughts:
First of all, every car should have equal skill points and exp modifiers when maxed out. Difference between common and Forza Edition cars could be achieved through available modifiers from start. And while spending skill points you upgrading your car rarity up to Legendary.

For example:
You have two stock M3s - common M3 and Forza Edition M3.

Common M3 have 0 modifiers in stock form, but after spending N amount of points it would have same amount of modifiers that Forza Edition could have and legendary status.

Second, general skill points should be locked to car that achieved it. After completing legendary status for car skill points should be tradeable for universal skill point with some coefficient(1/2 or 1/3), exp, money or new car. Amount of available trades should be unlimited.

Third, buyer at auction should have ability to see mastery tree and amount of free general skill points available for car.

I would rather see car mastery completely re-envisioned as "car affinity" and provide some actual worthwhile-feeling progression. I know people don't like to see stuff locked behind progression walls, but I would love it if certain special things like rare body kits and engine swaps or other cool parts (or even liveries / design options) get unlocked after achieving some amount of miles or victories or something. This way you would actually feel some sort of investment in each of the cars instead of them feeling like anonymous baseball cards and also feel like there is something to actually work for (this feeling is almost totally absent in Forza Horizon). In addition to car-specific affinity, I would also love to see a brand affinity that has an unlock tree with special vehicles or special variants plus other things that are unlocked through a progression system. This could be really deep! Just imagine having a garage that you could decorate with special brand specific merchandise. I'll just illustrate an example of what I'm talking about

Say you start the game and you are a fan of Toyota. Maybe you start out with a 2nd Generation MR2. While progressing in the game you have access to "standard" upgrades from the start (such as generic Forza wings and wheels and such) but if you level up your SW20 affinity you could unlock a Toms body kit or convert your car to the super rare SW20 spider. Keep leveling up and you could unlock the 3S-GE BEAMS engine or a group B 3S-GTE. Max out your affinity and you could unlock a full race conversion with special interior and widebody. If you are playing online and see somebody driving a car with some of these affinity-reward parts, you would immediately recognize it as something special and that person put some effort in to get them.

Similarly, for the Brand affinity, once leveling up perhaps you could unlock some Toyota halo cars like a JGTC GT500 Supra or GT-One road car. And if they ever implement some kind of better experience for player houses, perhaps you could unlock things like banners and posters for the different car brands based on your affinity level and then allow you to invite people over (ala GTA Online) to hang out at your garage.

Perhaps my biggest gripe with FH is the total lack of feeling of progression. Open world games need that otherwise they start to feel pointless after a while.

Also, and this is a minor thing but could go a long way in establishing immersion, I really wish the cars weren't automatically cleaned when any sort of cutscene occurs. Let them stay grimey until we actively wash them! Let them feel lived-in.

Last edited:
I would rather see car mastery completely re-envisioned as "car affinity" and provide some actual worthwhile-feeling progression. I know people don't like to see stuff locked behind progression walls, but I would love it if certain special things like rare body kits and engine swaps or other cool parts (or even liveries / design options) get unlocked after achieving some amount of miles or victories or something. This way you would actually feel some sort of investment in each of the cars instead of them feeling like anonymous baseball cards and also feel like there is something to actually work for (this feeling is almost totally absent in Forza Horizon). In addition to car-specific affinity, I would also love to see a brand affinity that has an unlock tree with special vehicles or special variants plus other things that are unlocked through a progression system. This could be really deep! Just imagine having a garage that you could decorate with special brand specific merchandise. I'll just illustrate an example of what I'm talking about

Say you start the game and you are a fan of Toyota. Maybe you start out with a 2nd Generation MR2. While progressing in the game you have access to "standard" upgrades from the start (such as generic Forza wings and wheels and such) but if you level up your SW20 affinity you could unlock a Toms body kit or convert your car to the super rare SW20 spider. Keep leveling up and you could unlock the 3S-GE BEAMS engine or a group B 3S-GTE. Max out your affinity and you could unlock a full race conversion with special interior and widebody. If you are playing online and see somebody driving a car with some of these affinity-reward parts, you would immediately recognize it as something special and that person put some effort in to get them.

Similarly, for the Brand affinity, once leveling up perhaps you could unlock some Toyota halo cars like a JGTC GT500 Supra or GT-One road car. And if they ever implement some kind of better experience for player houses, perhaps you could unlock things like banners and posters for the different car brands based on your affinity level and then allow you to invite people over (ala GTA Online) to hang out at your garage.

Perhaps my biggest gripe with FH is the total lack of feeling of progression. Open world games need that otherwise they start to feel pointless after a while.

Also, and this is a minor thing but could go a long way in establishing immersion, I really wish the cars weren't automatically cleaned when any sort of cutscene occurs. Let them stay grimey until we actively wash them! Let them feel lived-in.
Complex tech tree like in World of Tanks would be most logical way for game-as-a-service Forza, but Playground with Horizon 5 dont wanna go too far from previous instalment formula(casual sandbox experience).

If you ask me, Forza Motorsport should move into all out car encyclopedia - info about cars and tech, racing technics tutorials and complex progression system. Modern day Porsche Unleashed about all cars.

And Horizon should expand user generated content practice. Give us tools and playgrounds.

Complex tech tree like in World of Tanks would be most logical way for game-as-a-service Forza, but Playground with Horizon 5 dont wanna go too far from previous instalment formula(casual sandbox experience).

If you ask me, Forza Motorsport should move into all out car encyclopedia - info about cars and tech, racing technics tutorials and complex progression system. Modern day Porsche Unleashed about all cars.

And Horizon should expand user generated content practice. Give us tools and playgrounds.
Eh. 98% of user generated stuff is total garbage. I don't even bother searching for stuff anymore because sifting through the mountains of trash is so deeply unpleasant. There's just way, way too much stuff because the game encourages sharing absolutely everything.

Time to spice up this thread with excitement. As of today, on the Xbox channel on Youtube, Forza Horizon 5 has officially reached 7 Million views with over 270k Likes and counting. Goes to show just how much people are actually excited for this title, which is to be expected after waiting three years for a new Forza title. I imagine the streams has also helped with the hype as well. Congrats PG and MS, well deserved! FH5 is 🔥!

Eh. 98% of user generated stuff is total garbage. I don't even bother searching for stuff anymore because sifting through the mountains of trash is so deeply unpleasant. There's just way, way too much stuff because the game encourages sharing absolutely everything.
Yet, 2% of what was done by users is better than what developers has ever done. Proper rating tool should help with garbage.

Last edited:
If the RX3 is in it makes me wonder about the Alpha.

As long as the body kit and 600hp turbo Hyabusa motor are available as swaps we can just roughly create our own, but a car that does Pikes Peak in 9:37 would be awesome for the volcano hillclimb.

Last edited:

I agree the progression in the games isn't great, particularly in FH4 where it was completely ****ed up, but I don't think locking cars/parts behind a grind is a good system, particularly taking into account the fact that this game has and pushes multiplayer.

Locking content away divides the community in many ways.

If parts or cars that are locked away are discovered to be OP, then that frustrates people as they will feel like they can't compete unless they do the grind too... at which point they either quit because they don't have the time, or they grind it out... That means everyone left has the same stuff and it's no longer "special" or rare if everyone basically has to do it to have a chance.

It also is a pretty negative thing for friends just playing around. I can't count how many games I've had where I try to play multiplayer with a friend who has limited time and they go "oh cool how did you get that? I wanna try it" and then when I tell them they have to grind to get the gun or car or whatever it is, they go "oh nevermind" and end up playing something else. Several of my friends stopped playing FH4 because they got sick of the time-limited cars because they didn't have the time or didn't want to spend their limited time driving some car they didn't care for at a Trial event or nonsensical championship against boring AI.

It would also limit the sharing community as well, as some shared stuff would be useless to people. Imagine the confusion in the Forza Discord and so on when people are downloading tunes that they can't actually use because they don't have whatever exclusive locked part that is in the tune. The selection of downloadable paints that actually fit the exclusive widebody kits or whatever would be pretty limited too.

Horizon is a little different as it's more of a casual thing, but I think the progression in racing games should generally be limited to saving up money for cars and actually becoming a better driver or finding ways to enjoy the actual driving more... There seems to be a bit of a rift in the racing game community on this subject though. Particularly here at GTP I see a lot more "oh I hope this game has 1000 career events to do and I need to do every one of them to unlock all this stuff so that I'm special and have neat things" than I see other places. Elsewhere I don't see a lot of people that are interested in grinding out a giant check list in a game. The weekly time exclusive stuff is bad enough, as just about every damn game out nowadays wants you to log in every day for bonuses and streaks and so on it can be tough to feel like you are actually doing stuff other than whatever the daily activity is. Add in a grind to unlock stuff that you need to be competitive in whatever division/class, and it would be easy to feel like you spend more time driving cars you don't like just to unlock stuff than you get to spend driving cars you actually do like.

Since the Horizon series isn't really exclusively a racing game, it does need something else for progression... But I'm just not sure what it is that wouldn't be some combination of tedious, annoying, and/or exclusionary. With the maps being as small as they are, they can't really keep you contained to certain biomes before letting you move on. The "story" and festival characters and dialogue are trash so more of them would be awful.

Maybe expanding on the thing from FH3 where you get to build up the festivals is a better idea? Instead of making fans just a re-skin of an XP system, make it so you actually are a bit more hands-on with the festivals. You can bring in more fans by doing races/challenges near to that festival site, or ignoring a region could make a festival become less popular. They could also add something where you can expand the festival by building more seating, building more concession stands, maybe setting up static displays and choosing what cars are parked in them... That could add more customization as well as potentially some depth with some options for region/season... like building ice cream concession stands during winter won't earn as much money/attract more people, or they could make certain kinds of booths/displays/etc add bonuses.

Something like that could allow for some customization, allow players to choose how/where they progress, and if balanced right could be something that adds some depth for those that want it, but also be kind of "set and forget" for people who aren't fussed with maxing everything out all the time.

I do like the idea for having cosmetic rewards for manufacturer affinity though, as that is just neat stuff that would let you show off your love for a brand/car and wouldn't have a negative impact on gameplay if you missed it. Banners, posters, and props for your garage would be cool. Things like old service signs, wings/hoods/parts off famous race cars that hang on the wall. I'll stick with your Toyota example, so something like a rear wing off a Toyota Eagle GTP. Maybe posters from famous movies where a manufacturer's car made an appearance, like for the 2000GT in "You Only Live Twice" but I guess that could be a licensing nightmare...

Could also make branded driving suits and helmets, like an Ivan "Ironman" Stewart set. Could also do shirts with logos including vintage logos... maybe an old '80s simple Toyota text with the yellow/orange/red stripes, maybe a TEQ logo.

Instead of doing some dumbass dance when you win a race, your character could hold a giant plastic Toyota logo, or get splashed with mud as a reference to the '80s Australian Hilux commercials, or something like that. If they stick with the quick chat things, you could unlock stuff like that "Is that a Supra?" or "I'm too sexy for the drive-through" or "BARRYYYYYYYYY."

By having them be just cosmetic, they would truly be for the people who loved them and not just something everyone has to do to get the parts/bodykits/cars unlocked.

Sheesh what a wall of text.

Pretty awesome to get yet another taste of new cars coming to Forza! The Sierra RX3 could be a great competitor to the Penhall Cholla. Can't wait for the announcement of the full car list next week!
Same! The Sierra RX3 is so far one of the 2021 cars that will be featuring in FH5! I wonder how many more 2021 cars we'll be getting once the car list is out. :D

Last edited:
One idea to give FH5 a good "progression" would be to mimic the FM4 system.

First, manufacturer loyalty. This was a system that allowed you to unlock discounts on upgrades, and badges and titles by continuing to use a particular brand of car.
This system was well received by the community and players enjoyed gaining higher level badges and titles to show their love for their favorite brands.

Next is the badge and title system.
FH4 had a similar system, but FM4's system was more unique.
In addition to the aforementioned maker loyalty, there were also specific courses, achievements, and things associated with play styles such as tuner and painter, which also gave us something to look forward to unlocking.
Especially unique badges and titles give us positive reasons to use a particular vehicle and people will enjoy it.

Example:
  • "Kansei Dorifto!?" - Earn 3 stars in any drift zone using the AE86.
  • "10 seconds car" - Win a drag strip race using the Toyota Supra.
  • "Last V8" - Get the Ford XB Falcon.
Thus, a unique badge named after a particular Internet meme, movie, or great event in automotive history would attract people.

These systems can also be combined with existing systems to give us an immersive experience in the game.
Horizon Story in FH4 only got emotes, quick chat, and exclusive cars.
Let's add more bonuses to it that relate to its story and business.

For example, no amount of manufacturer loyalty will get you discounts on "advanced" upgrades like engine swaps, wide body kits, and drivetrain conversions.
However, by achieving Upgrade Heroes business, you will be recognized as an Upgrade Heroes business partner and will get permanent discounts on these advanced upgrades.
Other ideas.
Hypercars are a particularly popular category in the Forza series, but these cars are very expensive and difficult to purchase for players just starting out in the game.
So, by finishing the business of World's Fastest Rentals you can get a connection with autoshow's exotic car division and get a permanent 10% discount on all hypercars.

These ideas have these advantages.
  • They can be unlocked at any time.
  • Increases immersion in the game.
  • Doesn't affect game progress or car acquisition if you don't unlock them. (In other words, people who don't want to play a particular mode or players with poor play skills won't lose out.)

Here's my personal wish: I really miss the loyalty system to the manufacturer.
I don't want a discount. I loved this way to prove my love for my favorite brands in the most obvious way.

If this system is available in FH5 and future Forza, I will probably continue to patronize Hummer for the best loyalty badges!

I agree the progression in the games isn't great, particularly in FH4 where it was completely ****ed up, but I don't think locking cars/parts behind a grind is a good system, particularly taking into account the fact that this game has and pushes multiplayer.

Locking content away divides the community in many ways.

If parts or cars that are locked away are discovered to be OP, then that frustrates people as they will feel like they can't compete unless they do the grind too... at which point they either quit because they don't have the time, or they grind it out... That means everyone left has the same stuff and it's no longer "special" or rare if everyone basically has to do it to have a chance.

It also is a pretty negative thing for friends just playing around. I can't count how many games I've had where I try to play multiplayer with a friend who has limited time and they go "oh cool how did you get that? I wanna try it" and then when I tell them they have to grind to get the gun or car or whatever it is, they go "oh nevermind" and end up playing something else. Several of my friends stopped playing FH4 because they got sick of the time-limited cars because they didn't have the time or didn't want to spend their limited time driving some car they didn't care for at a Trial event or nonsensical championship against boring AI.

It would also limit the sharing community as well, as some shared stuff would be useless to people. Imagine the confusion in the Forza Discord and so on when people are downloading tunes that they can't actually use because they don't have whatever exclusive locked part that is in the tune. The selection of downloadable paints that actually fit the exclusive widebody kits or whatever would be pretty limited too.

Horizon is a little different as it's more of a casual thing, but I think the progression in racing games should generally be limited to saving up money for cars and actually becoming a better driver or finding ways to enjoy the actual driving more... There seems to be a bit of a rift in the racing game community on this subject though. Particularly here at GTP I see a lot more "oh I hope this game has 1000 career events to do and I need to do every one of them to unlock all this stuff so that I'm special and have neat things" than I see other places. Elsewhere I don't see a lot of people that are interested in grinding out a giant check list in a game. The weekly time exclusive stuff is bad enough, as just about every damn game out nowadays wants you to log in every day for bonuses and streaks and so on it can be tough to feel like you are actually doing stuff other than whatever the daily activity is. Add in a grind to unlock stuff that you need to be competitive in whatever division/class, and it would be easy to feel like you spend more time driving cars you don't like just to unlock stuff than you get to spend driving cars you actually do like.

Since the Horizon series isn't really exclusively a racing game, it does need something else for progression... But I'm just not sure what it is that wouldn't be some combination of tedious, annoying, and/or exclusionary. With the maps being as small as they are, they can't really keep you contained to certain biomes before letting you move on. The "story" and festival characters and dialogue are trash so more of them would be awful.

Maybe expanding on the thing from FH3 where you get to build up the festivals is a better idea? Instead of making fans just a re-skin of an XP system, make it so you actually are a bit more hands-on with the festivals. You can bring in more fans by doing races/challenges near to that festival site, or ignoring a region could make a festival become less popular. They could also add something where you can expand the festival by building more seating, building more concession stands, maybe setting up static displays and choosing what cars are parked in them... That could add more customization as well as potentially some depth with some options for region/season... like building ice cream concession stands during winter won't earn as much money/attract more people, or they could make certain kinds of booths/displays/etc add bonuses.

Something like that could allow for some customization, allow players to choose how/where they progress, and if balanced right could be something that adds some depth for those that want it, but also be kind of "set and forget" for people who aren't fussed with maxing everything out all the time.

I do like the idea for having cosmetic rewards for manufacturer affinity though, as that is just neat stuff that would let you show off your love for a brand/car and wouldn't have a negative impact on gameplay if you missed it. Banners, posters, and props for your garage would be cool. Things like old service signs, wings/hoods/parts off famous race cars that hang on the wall. I'll stick with your Toyota example, so something like a rear wing off a Toyota Eagle GTP. Maybe posters from famous movies where a manufacturer's car made an appearance, like for the 2000GT in "You Only Live Twice" but I guess that could be a licensing nightmare...

Could also make branded driving suits and helmets, like an Ivan "Ironman" Stewart set. Could also do shirts with logos including vintage logos... maybe an old '80s simple Toyota text with the yellow/orange/red stripes, maybe a TEQ logo.

Instead of doing some dumbass dance when you win a race, your character could hold a giant plastic Toyota logo, or get splashed with mud as a reference to the '80s Australian Hilux commercials, or something like that. If they stick with the quick chat things, you could unlock stuff like that "Is that a Supra?" or "I'm too sexy for the drive-through" or "BARRYYYYYYYYY."

By having them be just cosmetic, they would truly be for the people who loved them and not just something everyone has to do to get the parts/bodykits/cars unlocked.

Sheesh what a wall of text.
I think you're overthinking how onerous the progression path would be and how effectual the rewards would be on gameplay.

Chances are players who don't care about something like a first generation RX-7 are not going to be frustrated that they can't access the IMSA widebody kit for that car. In my head, the progression would be quite natural...you are simply rewarded for using the vehicles you like the most...the most. And similarly to how widebody kits and other special body kit options have no special impact on performance (at least, none that I can discern) in FH4, they wouldn't need to in this progression system.

IMO it would go a long way is boosting the RPG elements of the game which are severely lacking. I struggled to find myself with any sort of feelings of attachment to cars in FH4 because the audio quality was so poor, the world felt a little lower fidelity...especially at night, and because of immersion breaking things like the post-race white void - the game never really inspires a feeling that the cars (or world) are real or that they belong to you. FH3 felt far more immersive to me and I still take my favorite FC RX-7 on long drives in that game - it sounds so sweet (mine is tuned up to 385hp with the widebody kit), the model & textures are great and it's awesome to drive at night. I've probably driven it several thousand miles in that game, just for fun. In my ideal version of FH, that dedication to a specific car would be rewarded with something special - not just generic XP multipliers.

Just imagining a future FH game where I've built my ideal 2nd-Gen Toyota MR2 with a Tom's body kit, a Caldina-spec 3S-GTE, and an upgraded interior - and it's caked with dirt after 4,000 miles and no washes. Now that would feel like ownership.

I think you're overthinking how onerous the progression path would be and how effectual the rewards would be on gameplay.

Chances are players who don't care about something like a first generation RX-7 are not going to be frustrated that they can't access the IMSA widebody kit for that car. In my head, the progression would be quite natural...you are simply rewarded for using the vehicles you like the most...the most. And similarly to how widebody kits and other special body kit options have no special impact on performance (at least, none that I can discern) in FH4, they wouldn't need to in this progression system.

IMO it would go a long way is boosting the RPG elements of the game which are severely lacking. I struggled to find myself with any sort of feelings of attachment to cars in FH4 because the audio quality was so poor, the world felt a little lower fidelity...especially at night, and because of immersion breaking things like the post-race white void - the game never really inspires a feeling that the cars (or world) are real or that they belong to you. FH3 felt far more immersive to me and I still take my favorite FC RX-7 on long drives in that game - it sounds so sweet (mine is tuned up to 385hp with the widebody kit), the model & textures are great and it's awesome to drive at night. I've probably driven it several thousand miles in that game, just for fun. In my ideal version of FH, that dedication to a specific car would be rewarded with something special - not just generic XP multipliers.

Just imagining a future FH game where I've built my ideal 2nd-Gen Toyota MR2 with a Tom's body kit, a Caldina-spec 3S-GTE, and an upgraded interior - and it's caked with dirt after 4,000 miles and no washes. Now that would feel like ownership.
Hard to see where the line is for it crossing over into a tedious grind though, especially given that everyone's line would probably be in a different place. The amount of time people get to spend playing games each week would have a significant effect on whether people feel it's too grindy. If they don't make you put in enough "work" (as you called it), then it seems like an afterthought, but too much and people are put off by the grind.

The standard body kits don't have much of an impact on performance, but the widebody kits can have a significant effect on how you can build a car when you are building to PI caps, as well as the classes the car can potentially be competitive in. If you just build your cars to how you would like them in real life and race against the AI then yeah it's not something that is going to be very noticeable... Sadly, not a lot of people play the game like that though, and the game itself (at least in FH4's case) is constantly pushing you to drive in S1 and S2, and there are cars that need the widebody kit for the added downforce and tire width to be viable in those higher classes.

Likewise with engine swaps, there are a lot of leaderboard tunes out there that specifically use one of the swap engines to make the car competitive, and if people are stuck with the engines that aren't competitive then they likely won't be pleased.

There's certainly an element of placebo effect in it too though, particularly for a game like this that attracts a ton of casuals/kids. If someone joins a multiplayer lobby and repeatedly gets their doors blown off by a guy in a locked widebody car, there are a lot of players who will go "that's unfair it must be OP" even if they actually just suck at driving.

I mentioned in a post a few pages back that this game seems to have a bit of an identity crisis too, and I think this is a bit of an example of how the community is split and pulling in different directions. Some of the community are more like you and want to drive cars they love for fun, but the game is pulling in the opposite direction sometimes, with weekly objectives pushing you into other cars and other classes and certain activities and as a result a lot of players just drive maxed out AWD swapped abominations at 240mph everwhere they go, and constantly need to have the leaderboard build/tune on their cars and just spend all their time grinding out weekly objectives or ranked matches or Forzathons (back when people did those) and don't seem to do any of it with any attachment to anything.

It's a delicate balance to reward players without restricting other players. Every car you lock away is someone's favorite car that doesn't want to grind or do RNG prizespins to try to get it, every bodykit you lock away will disappoint some painter who always wanted to replicate an old livery on it, etc... Given this is kind of a sandbox game, for this series in particular I'd prefer to see more freedom than restrictions on the content side of things.

I mentioned in a post a few pages back that this game seems to have a bit of an identity crisis too, and I think this is a bit of an example of how the community is split and pulling in different directions. Some of the community are more like you and want to drive cars they love for fun, but the game is pulling in the opposite direction sometimes, with weekly objectives pushing you into other cars and other classes and certain activities and as a result a lot of players just drive maxed out AWD swapped abominations at 240mph everwhere they go, and constantly need to have the leaderboard build/tune on their cars and just spend all their time grinding out weekly objectives or ranked matches or Forzathons (back when people did those) and don't seem to do any of it with any attachment to anything.
This is also what happens when you have a forum (and indeed, a genre in general terms) who are so used to being in their relative bubble of more or less continually pushing towards the sim end of the spectrum that they forget that Forza Horizon, as a series, absolutely attracts people who are casuals or haven't played a racing game and aren't deep into the genre trenches like we are, because of the fact that it is realistic enough. And that this, on a macro level, isn't a bad thing.

And if I'm honest, a lot of the suggestions, specifically the ones Eunos suggested, definitely feel like additions that would serve little purpose to anyone except those who are deep into the genre already. Yeah, it's cool...but when you actually And even then, knowing how some natural progression and elements that have been added to Forza Horizon, and really were birthed from other games doing it first (character clothing, for one) get absolutely lambasted by some people who obviously only want FH to be a ultra-serious cruising simulator on this forum, it underlines just how much of an identity crisis is present - though some of lack of identity comes from a group of people who want to forget, willingly or not, that Forza Horizon caters to casual racing game players, and that FH as a series absolutely needs to do that if it wants to survive.

I do agree with your idea of rolling the old OEM affinity rewards, specifically for big brands, and giving away smaller prizes as rewards alongside XP and money, but I think at this stage of the game if something like that would be applied, it's probably going to be only clothes and outfits, and leave service signs, car parts and the like to when they finally decide to make homes actually worthwhile and places to call your own.

Last edited:
I think hero car comment was referring to some1 asking about the polestar which was the hero car for nfs payback
Ah, I looked back at it. It's a fan account that has the exact same pfp as the official account does. My bad there.

Sorry to double post. I just noticed that the Youtube Description for the upcoming Episode 6 of Let's Go is:

"Playground Games reveals several new cars and a brand new showcase that you’ll get to experience in Forza Horizon 5."

It will be very interesting to see what they'll have for us on Tuesday. It will be a great episode I'm sure.

Link:

Last edited:
I'm going to put forward a claim that one of the "several new car" will be either the new 911 GT3, the new M4, whatever alphabet soup Ferrari is new or the new Lotus Emira.
As is traditional PG fashion, I'm sure they will show a mix of things. A few moder highly-requested cars, a couple of classic highly-requested cars, a couple of offroaders, and some oddballs old and new.

This makes me wonder what they'll show during the Gamescom stream, since this stream is specifically directly after the Xbox livestream that day. My two cents is that they're going to reveal the cover car there on the Xbox livestream, talk about it for a bit, and then move on to some gameplay/other cars during Let's Go 6.

I think they will showcase the full car list either at Gamescom or a couple of weeks before launch.
I could see this happening too. Maybe showing the car list at Gamescom and then discussing/showing off some of the new cars during Let's Go 6?

Back