Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,077 comments
Does anyone here plan to play this game with a wheel at all? I tried FH4 with a wheel and it played like horse****.
I'll probably try it at least. From what the devs showed and talked about regarding improvements to Force Feedback and Wheel controls in the last Livestream it looks like it would be at least worth giving it a chance.

Does anyone here plan to play this game with a wheel at all? I tried FH4 with a wheel and it played like horse****.
Well, I ordered this bad boy, so I’ll be using a controller. Also, I don’t own a wheel.
E83159CA-7FBB-42C9-A94D-1CEE91276C86.jpeg

I play FH4 with a T150, found some fairly decent settings for Road and Rally races. Offroad is still sketchy though, and I can't do any kind of drifting.

Forza Monthly showcase of the Livery editor was fairly meh. Basically just a rework of the UI. No groundbreaking new features.

They did also show off some new body mods for the Jeep Gladiator, New Widebody for 2018 911 GT2 RS.
And showed a few new Tire compounds. Semi-slick and full Slick racing tires, Snow tires are separate option from rally tires, and Most all cars can now have the Off-Road Race tires. Also a Drift Tire compound.

EDIT:
bilcpnfaqoo71.png

Last edited:
Not only they only tweaked a bit the livery editor UI and called it a day, they confirmed themselves one of the most frustrating issues is still there, when there is an overlap of two surfaces in the body, typical for air intakes for example, what you paint on top 'leaks' under it, like this:

ByaTtt8.png

Hopefully the new Forza Motorsport will not only feature a new engine, but also a new livery editor from the ground up, it's way overdue by now. GT is doing better at that, and I still can't believe I'm saying that, when having a livery editor was a selling point over GT4 back on the day...

Last edited:
I was up all night last night copying old Forza games and saves onto my new console so I literally fell asleep during today's ¡Let's Go!. Anyone know if there was anything interesting on the stream besides watching the team hooning around smashing piñatas in Horizon Arcade? 😴💤

I was up all night last night copying old Forza games and saves onto my new console so I literally fell asleep during today's ¡Let's Go!. Anyone know if there was anything interesting on the stream besides watching the team hooning around smashing piñatas in Horizon Arcade? 😴💤
Eliminator is one of them, you start in a Volkswagen Beetle and the level 10 car is apparently the Mercedes-AMG One.

There was also even a glimpse of the tunnels in Guanajuato as well.

Eliminator is one of them, you start in a Volkswagen Beetle and the level 10 car is apparently the Mercedes-AMG One.

There was also even a glimpse of the tunnels in Guanajuato as well.
Map reveals, physics tweaks, even the music stations... they had so much they could've leaked but didn't.

When I woke up Charleyy was busy gently feeding underarm softball questions to Mike and the gang to bat away as if they were baseball fungos.

Last edited:
tj7v5418apo71.jpg

It looks like PG blurred some car names during gameplay of Eliminator.

Perhaps a new to forza car still waiting to be revealed/get licensing confirmed? Either way interesting.

Map reveals, physics tweaks, even the music stations... they had so much they could've leaked but didn't.

When I woke up Charleyy was busy gently feeding underarm softball questions to Mike and the gang to bat away as if they were baseball fungos.
Could not agree more. Charley even said that there are around 50 days (45 or 46 left for the Premium Edition) before release. Which means there won't be a lot of LET'S GO!!! episodes left, especially since the game will probably go gold a few weeks before release. If they stick to the "new episode every two weeks" format, this could mean we would have at least two episodes left.

Last edited:
Forza Monthly showcase of the Livery editor was fairly meh. Basically just a rework of the UI. No groundbreaking new features.

They did also show off some new body mods for the Jeep Gladiator, New Widebody for 2018 911 GT2 RS.
And showed a few new Tire compounds. Semi-slick and full Slick racing tires, Snow tires are separate option from rally tires, and Most all cars can now have the Off-Road Race tires. Also a Drift Tire compound.

EDIT:
bilcpnfaqoo71.png
This is probably a large portion of the "thousands of new performance parts" described in the Forza support article when FH5 was first revealed.

tj7v5418apo71.jpg

It looks like PG blurred some car names during gameplay of Eliminator.

Perhaps a new to forza car still waiting to be revealed/get licensing confirmed? Either way interesting.

During the Eliminator segment of the stream, I spotted text for the Bentley Bentayga and Mini X-Raid Buggy appearing as car pickup notifications on the screen, don't think either of those brands/cars was officially announced up til now

Last edited:
During the Eliminator segment of the stream, I spotted text for the Bentley Bentayga and Mini X-Raid Buggy appearing as car pickup notifications on the screen, don't think either of those brands/cars was officially announced up til now
Speaking of car announcements, I wonder when or if they are going to release more of the official car list...

It was good to see more of Guanajuato and the tunnels. However, still disappointed we didn't get any new cars announced.

Hope we also hear more about EventLab soon.

Also, when are they going to get rid of the UK style plates and give them a more Mexican look?

Also, when are they going to get rid of the UK style plates and give them a more Mexican look?
I agree. I remember the Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4's license plate is now short in Forza Horizon 5, compared to the long European license plate in Forza Horizon 4.

I think if people are going to tolerate the Forzathon shop again, they're going to have to make some changes to it. What, I don't know - it's entire existence might be the problem considering how it forces people to run on the treadmill for content, no matter how good the game is.

I wouldn’t say the livery editor update is completely meh. There were two things I really liked.
1. The graphics are much higher resolution now.
2. Arranging the layers vertically makes it much easier to see which elements are above or below each other. It also moves the UI out of the way of the car, much appreciated when when working on the front of the car from the top view.

The “Eterna” logo seen on the side of that Porsche. Did they say if that was a radio station?

I don’t think this has been posted. Thirty minutes of pure nature sounds from FM5. Listen to it while drifting off to sleep tonight.

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I heard as well. Wonder what kind of music this'll feature.
Considering “Eterna” is Spanish for “Timeless”…

If Eterna is Mexico's answer to Timeless, they better add Sobre Las Olas into it.
:D
Seriously, yes they should. Eterna could feature music by nothing but Mexican classical composers, and they would barely scratch the surface of what’s available.

Back