Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,045 comments
I ended missing Monday's stream, but thankfully I've managed to watch the whole thing when I got a chance. I must say, I'm a BIG fan of the Baja Circuit track. Damn, it sounds like a perfect offroader's paradise of how much flow and character it has. Than there's Horizon Open, which sounds to be the perfect form that was sadly missing in FH4. And ugh, that tropical area! 😍 Love it! ❤

The new livery editor looks new yet improved, and I'm sure it will become mega popular among artists in the community.

The devs are doing a magnificent job at maintaining hype, because people has gotten even more hyped after Monday's news drop. Couldn't be more happier to be part of this community, as well as Forza in general. All the new improvements, features and content in FH5 is 👌 in my book. Not disappointed with anything that was shown. :D

Already got the controller pre-ordered, and will be pre-ordering the Premium Edition of FH5 next (even though I did back in June, but had to cancel it because reasons). :P

I may not post as often as before, but I'm always checking out conversations and seek for news about FH5, so I'm not entirely gone. Dare I say, I feel refreshed everytime I come back on here. 😉

Last edited:
Not only they only tweaked a bit the livery editor UI and called it a day, they confirmed themselves one of the most frustrating issues is still there, when there is an overlap of two surfaces in the body, typical for air intakes for example, what you paint on top 'leaks' under it, like this:

ByaTtt8.png

Hopefully the new Forza Motorsport will not only feature a new engine, but also a new livery editor from the ground up, it's way overdue by now. GT is doing better at that, and I still can't believe I'm saying that, when having a livery editor was a selling point over GT4 back on the day...
Just gonna go ahead and prepare myself for the bug I mentioned earlier (how entering the livery editor automatically removes stripes/accents/etc. off the manufacturer/standard colors) will return. Ah, well. Usually the community is pretty good about recreating those things.

Last edited:
I ended missing Monday's stream, but thankfully I've managed to watch the whole thing when I got a chance. I must say, I'm a BIG fan of the Baja Circuit track. Damn, it sounds like a perfect offroader's paradise of how much flow and character it has. Than there's Horizon Open, which sounds to be the perfect form that was sadly missing in FH4. And ugh, that tropical area! 😍 Love it! ❤

The new livery editor looks new yet improved, and I'm sure it will become mega popular among artists in the community.

The devs are doing a magnificent job at maintaining hype, because people has gotten even more hyped after Monday's news drop. Couldn't be more happier to be part of this community, as well as Forza in general. All the new improvements, features and content in FH5 is 👌 in my book. Not disappointed with anything that was shown. :D

Already got the controller pre-ordered, and will be pre-ordering the Premium Edition of FH5 next (even though I did back in June, but had to cancel it because reasons). :P

I may not post as often as before, but I'm always checking out conversations and seek for news about FH5, so I'm not entirely gone. Dare I say, I feel refreshed everytime I come back on here. 😉
I'll be preordering both as well, but I've been avoiding the streams as much as possible. I prefer the game to be fresh and new on release day.

If things go as expected then possibly 3 more streams left. 2 in October and 1 maybe in Nov a few days before games early release...

After careful deliberation I have decided that rather than pre-order the digital only Premium addition, I'm just going to get the add-on bundle and play on Game Pass until the game goes on sale. There really isn't a lot of difference between FH4 and FH5 at this point and it's getting a bit repetitive. It would have much more of a draw to me if there was a steelcase physical edition, but it seems games are moving away from physical media at this point.

I'm also not pre-ordering the controller, while I do need a secondary one, if I'm spending $75, I want one that looks better than the FH5 version.

Last edited:
After careful deliberation I have decided that rather than pre-order the digital only Premium addition, I'm just going to get the add-on bundle and play on Game Pass until the game goes on sale.
I have decided to do the same. Already buying COD Vangaurd and BF 2042, Might as well save some money where I can and take advantage of my Game Pass subscription.

The series as a whole has gotten pretty stale for me so I'm definitely going to ride out the Game Pass on this one as well. The extra's you get in the other editions of the game just don't seem worth it to me anymore for me to drop 100 bucks on the game. It was mostly because I simply enjoyed the games and didn't mind supporting the franchise, but that has definitely dwindled the past couple years.

The Microsoft Store has been updated to correctly match ESRB's official rating of E.
https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37945/Forza+Horizon+5/
Interesting. I've also found this out when I turned on my xbox again. Though, still interesting nonetheless. 🤔
I want to hear more about the music and radio stations.
Same. One of the best things about the Horizon series has always been the music and the stations. I'm kinda hopeful we get a nice decent amount compared to FH4 hehe. :D
Was able to get a series X it’ll arrive on this Thursday can’t wait to play the game now.
Welcome to the club man! Trust me, the difference in speed and power is huge! You will love it! ❤

Last edited:
View attachment 1083254
So it looks like Character Customising and Horizon Stories are the next streams primary focus. :)
I'd rather them not focus on something like Horizon Stories, I feel like they'd be better saved for experiencing them first hand when playing the 'career' for the first time.

Character customizer is nice to get a look at, I'm wondering if they'll ever take a deep look at vehicle customization on these streams or not. Or just pretend it doesn't exist basically.

Last edited:
I'd rather them not focus on something like Horizon Stories, I feel like they'd be better saved for experiencing them first hand when playing them for the first time.

Character customizer is nice to get a look at, I'm wondering if they'll ever take a deep look at vehicle customization on these streams or not. Or just pretend it doesn't exist basically.
Agreed. I might check out part of the stream to see character customization but I'm at a point now where I don't really want to see any more of the career-related elements until release.

Back