Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,910 comments
This game has a very fussy definition of "night." I sat around in Guanajuato for about 20 minutes after the sun went down before it finally gave me the photo challenge.

I had a bit of difficulty with The Trial. I grabbed the 917 and got a tune out of the storefront that looked promising. Pro tip: actually drive a car with a new tune you just bought before entering it in a race. The tune was a disaster. It felt like assisted-steering was on. I was fighting it the entire series. Nothing about the car was linear or progressive. Not the acceleration, steering, braking, anything. So we lost the first two races. I ditched the tune and built it myself. For the next try at the series, we had to run all three races because we lost the first race, but we got the next two.

I'm just ten points away from that sweet sweet '71 Mustang. All I have left to do is the Tour and the Games which are worth three points each. Add in the daily challenges and I figure I'll have on Monday.

Was taking lots of pics at Guanajuato until i came across a spot near a tunnel that triggered the tick, Most setups are just crap, folks brand em as something great so folks will download em

Last edited:
Hope nobody's bought a Trailcat for this week, as there's a free one landing in your inboxes...

Speaking of which, since 2008, Jeep has shown more than 80 concept vehicles at the annual Moab Easter Weekend Jeep Safari. Only the Trailcat from 2016 has made it to Horizon. I would love to get more of them.
This is a list of all of them, by the way.

Last edited:
I've managed to find enough time to get 50 points each season for this series and the last, and I hate to say it but the more I play FH5, the more it feels like a not even especially good mod for FH4. How are they still making the same basic typos that were all over the game on day one? I can only surmise that the A-team is working on that other game Playground are developing and the live service elements of FH5 have been left to the interns who were shown how to edit festivalplaylist.xml right before the Playground Games Christmas party.

That Super Sport championship for cars with Super Sport in its name and not Super Sports, its only one S but it makes the difference! Thought Bentley Continental Super Sports would work but not eligible. Used the Camaro that we got gifted over new years with a tune and all three races were against Veyron Super Sport's.
Ah, but Super Sports literally contains "Super Sport".

I wonder if it's because the Bentley is Supersports with no space? Probably applies to the Transit SupersportsVan too.
Well...

1642817379847.png

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

I had no clue what was eligible to drive for that championship where my only stock option was the Veyron SS. So I did it in that car (stock). The text in the icon on the festival playlist says “HORIZON SPECIALS: CARS NAMED S…”. I even went to the custom race editor to see what all the “HORIZON SPECIAL” car sub divisions are (see screenshot below) but couldn’t find anything similar. Seriously confusing what was allowed here.

Anyway I got everything done this week apart from the 3 PR stunts. Will do these now and that Mustang is mine. I’m at 194 points now and those 3 conveniently give 6 points together. 😎

Sidenote: I also really dig that gifted Trailcat with the Halo Infinite livery, I think it’s a great car for it and looks sweet! Still my favourite one of these gifted cars remains the Corvette C8 with Day of the Dead livery (and the widebody kit slapped under it).

1642830743692.png

edit: and we’re done! 😎

1642836555178.png

Last edited:
I had no clue what was eligible to drive for that championship where my only stock option was the Veyron SS. So I did it in that car (stock). The text in the icon on the festival playlist says “HORIZON SPECIALS: CARS NAMED S…”. I even went to the custom race editor to see what all the “HORIZON SPECIAL” car sub divisions are (see screenshot below) but couldn’t find anything similar. Seriously confusing what was allowed here.

Anyway I got everything done this week apart from the 3 PR stunts. Will do these now and that Mustang is mine. I’m at 194 points now and those 3 conveniently give 6 points together. 😎

Sidenote: I also really dig that gifted Trailcat with the Halo Infinite livery, I think it’s a great car for it and looks sweet! Still my favourite one of these gifted cars remains the Corvette C8 with Day of the Dead livery (and the widebody kit slapped under it).

View attachment 1107518

View attachment 1107522
The "Cars named Super Sport" include the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, Ford Transit SSV, and every Chevrolet that has "Super Sport" in its name.

The "Cars named Super Sport" include the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, Ford Transit SSV, and every Chevrolet that has "Super Sport" in its name.
Yeah but I couldn’t see the full text via the playlist menu. But, it seems if you look via the map (and probably the event itself) then it’s written full out. Good to know for the future as I always start my festival stuff via the festival playlist.

But with that car selection (which is kinda silly to begin with) I think S2 class is the worse class they could have taken 😏

Last edited:
The text in the icon on the festival playlist says “HORIZON SPECIALS: CARS NAMED S…”. I even went to the custom race editor to see what all the “HORIZON SPECIAL” car sub divisions are (see screenshot below) but couldn’t find anything similar.
You know we write a complete guide to the Playlist each week, right? It's usually up an hour after the change and covers everything you need to know - it even makes its own thread in this forum.

Just got the AT38. Is the lantern accolade still "bugged"?
Nope. Head over to the dunes and get smashing.

Do it in Solo though. Anyone else there doing the same thing will smash your lanterns too.

Nope. Head over to the dunes and get smashing.

Do it in Solo though. Anyone else there doing the same thing will smash your lanterns too.
Thanks!

Yeah, a guy in my chat told me I could try the Super7 challenge, but the lanterns were removed. So I tried it solo and they were there. :lol:

Played the Seasonal Playground Games, started as a King and that counted as my 75th "steal" to complete the Puppet Master Accolade ("Steal a crown 75 times in King or Team King"), even though I didn't steal anything.

Weirdly that also gave me the Hall of Fame Accolade Open Minded ("Complete all Horizon Open Accolades") even though I haven't completed Open Empire ("Win 25 Horizon Open events") yet.

And that is the one that apparently doesn't show any progress - but does still function correctly, I'm told.

Is it any wonder people have no idea what to do in this game and rely on forums to help?

You know we write a complete guide to the Playlist each week, right? It's usually up an hour after the change and covers everything you need to know - it even makes its own thread in this forum.
Yeah I know GTP covers FH5 (and still FH4) weekly guides but usually I don’t read these since its always crisp-clear of what needs to be done in-game…. at least that was until this week. 😅

Bur I‘ll keep it in mind for future. I did end up using your Bentley tune for the danger sign though, but I found that via the in-game menu.

Everything done other than the Dailies and Seasonal Championships (like to leave easiest till last) 😆

Anyone struggling with the Trail the tune included in Quadro40k's video is great as always.

Last edited:

View attachment 1107518

View attachment 1107522
I don’t get it. I haven’t missed a single point in Series 3 so far. I’ve done every event including dailies. I should have the maximum amount of points earnable so far this season. So how are you three points ahead of me?

I don’t get it. I haven’t missed a single point in Series 3 so far. I’ve done every event including dailies. I should have the maximum amount of points earnable so far this season. So how are you three points ahead of me?
There's a bug that autocompletes the Tour for every season, it apparently only effects some people though.

There's a bug that autocompletes the Tour for every season, it apparently only effects some people though.
Oh, of course. I just checked and the Spring Tour is not autocompleted for me. I withdraw my question.

OK, so when is the "night" in this game? Literally went through the whole dark period in G-Town taking photos, still having no luck completing seasonal photo challenge...

EDIT:

Nevermind, successful now, looks like there can't be any light source around 🤷🏼

EDIT 2:

Nice spot to spawn for a new round of Eliminator...
Very weird round for me, sitting there I was challenged by the guy in Bronco R so decided to wait for the round to finish. Then after 20 seconds I've ended driving Bronco R on the ground below my original starting point not even being in head to head anymore 😳

e3b03b5f-971a-4f84-96eb-4afba5002ca0.png

Last edited:
OK, so when is the "night" in this game? Literally went through the whole dark period in G-Town taking photos, still having no luck to complete seasonal photo challenge...

EDIT:

Nevermind, successful now, looks like there can't be any light source around 🤷🏼
I created a blueprint in Event Lab for a night race around Guanajuato at night with fixed time and took a picture. Probably the easiest way to get it.

--

I was driving around yesterday night and those random two guys followed me for a bit with the sirens blazing, so I played along and pulled over. :lol: I came across them a few minutes later and they were doing the same thing with other players.
0b1be75b-e942-452e-bd70-05db3e7ccf81.jpg

Last edited:
This game has a very fussy definition of "night." I sat around in Guanajuato for about 20 minutes after the sun went down before it finally gave me the photo challenge.
Go to the beach on the west side of the map and wait there. Once the sun goes down you should be able to take the pic.

Oh, of course. I just checked and the Spring Tour is not autocompleted for me. I withdraw my question.
Yeah indeed, I also have everything this season 100% completed as far as possible but indeed I’m one of the bugged group that has the Tour auto-completed every week. This bug started with season 2 I think because the first period after launch I was doing the Tour weekly.

I love the tour and I hate the trial. Why ooh why can’t the trial auto-complete for me instead :banghead:

Found an even better car for the Trail, Shelby Daytona with DonJoewonSong S1 Tune.

(I normally use no Line but the unbeatable AI are cheating so and so's, Fair to use it on in Trails I think) 😄
(Why do my YT uploads always looks like 420p) 😩

Last edited:
Go to the beach on the west side of the map and wait there. Once the sun goes down you should be able to take the pic.
Or read the GTP article, see that we've been nice and created a Blueprint (of a regular race, so not a cheaty one) so everyone can do it instead of waiting for the 10-minute unmarked "night" time during the 100-minute day cycle, and do that.

Although I didn't realise it at the time, but it means I earn money out of it. Thus far... cha-****ing-ching!

The weekly challenge involving the Trailcat appears to be broken for me. Have done well over 3 cross country races with it thus far and it's still stuck at 2/3.

Last edited:
Back