Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Oops, that explains that.
Not an oops on your behalf either - it simply doesn't make that clear in the description. I guess it's because other events have Trial (point-to-point) and Scramble (circuit) but Cross Country has "Cross Country" and "Cross Country Circuit".

I was driving around yesterday night and those random two guys followed me for a bit with the sirens blazing, so I played along and pulled over. :lol: I came across them a few minutes later and they were doing the same thing with other players.
View attachment 1107647
You need to install the “You have no authority here!” quick chat.

I really don't know why the Aventador SVJ was being sniped at in the AH 20m a pop, but I sold mine last month and just bought another back for the same money (by fluke), netting 1,500 HOF points for nothing :lol:

Just need to buy another 173 Caymans now.

People are so cheeky. I just went to do a drift arcade to cross it off my playlist and in the last ten or so seconds of the countdown someone teleported into the circle and started to drive off, but didn't actually leave the circle before it started. It was the one that starts with the drift zone on the tarmac side of the mountain so I set off and could see the other player not moving.

I took my time and purposely failed to beat the score in one run (which takes a good few minutes) and fast traveled back to the other player who still hadn't moved. Acting like a dog who's been caught with a bin lid around their neck and rubbish all over the floor, they used Link to say "Go!" then set off up the drift zone - doing really badly, of course - while I followed them, deliberately not scoring a single point until the clock ran out.

Like, I get it, you're not good at drifting, but a) you can solo any arcade mode and b) you'll never get good at drifting if you just park up while other people do everything for you, so why feel the need to inconvenience me? (Don't worry, I already know the answer is "because they're probably like eight years old")

If you don’t have it already, this week’s Super 7 prize is the #88 Ford Mustang RTR drift car.

I bought a Bugatti Chiron out of the Forzathon shop and immediately gifted it to a random player. I own every car that’s currently available, so I might as well.

Last edited:
The weekly challenge involving the Trailcat appears to be broken for me. Have done well over 3 cross country races with it thus far and it's still stuck at 2/3.
I believe someone said it had to be the cross country point to point races, not the cross country circuit races.

edit - duh was already answered. Mods feel free to delete this post

Last edited:
I'll now dig through the badge files. Here are some of the interesting things I have found:

I'll attach these textures via a Google Drive Link for yourselves to see. Let me know if there are any more badges/wheel textures that you find interesting that I haven't discovered yet.
While digging in the folders linked in the Drive, I have found this:
Apart of the SEAT Leon CUPRA 2010 seen in the AO wheels textures, I have found another sign of another SEAT car coming back to Forza Horizon 5.

In the badge files it is possible to find the ''LEON'' letters and the old cupra logos, however the ''LEON'' badge is nowhere to be seen in the back of the Leon Cupra R '10 and only ''CUPRA'' letters are seen which has been appearing in all Leon cupra cars except for one, the SEAT Leon CUPRA R 2003:
sea_emblem_004_nrml.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

Plus it's possible to see Cupra's old badge used in the Leon Cupra R '03 in the badge texture files, so it's pretty fair to say that the Leon Cupra R '03 might come back in FH5 followed by the Leon Cupra R '10.

sea_emblem_001_nrml.png

sea_emblem_002_nrml.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
1642947779358.png

Didn't realise I pretty much have every available car. I'm at 558 Cars on the collection page, The ones missing being the Jag XJRS and Vauxhall Carlton from next weeks festival playlist. I also got a 3rd Shelby Daytona in a Super Wheelspin so I sold it for a nice quick 15mill. 😄

Last edited:
Today’s daily challenge is “Complete a Drift theme Horizon Arcade in any Drift car”. I just did it in one of the Hoonicorn Mustangs, so at least it doesn’t specifically mean Formula Drift cars.

If you don’t have it already, this week’s Super 7 prize is the #88 Ford Mustang RTR drift car.

I bought a Bugatti Chiron out of the Forzathon shop and immediately gifted it to a random player. I own every car that’s currently available, so I might as well.
I got like 5 Taycans from the gift barns...

...I have found another sign of another SEAT car coming back to Forza Horizon 5.

Anything from cars that appeared previously is often just a leftover that hasn't been deleted and is still in the folders that get bundled up for build, whether it's just been missed or there's a superstition that it might be used somewhere. This is how GT5 ended up with most of the tracks from GT4 and PSP lying around on the disc, it's not uncommon.

View attachment 1107791

Didn't realise I pretty much have every available car. I'm at 558 Cars on the collection page, The ones missing being the Jag XJRS and Vauxhall Carlton from next weeks festival playlist. I also got a 3rd Shelby Daytona in a Super Wheelspin so I sold it for a nice quick 15mill. 😄
Had I known they'd give away a Daytona with one of the accolades I would've spent my VIP token on a Jaguar D-Type instead. Oh well, it's about time I put my spare one under the hammer.
Today’s daily challenge is “Complete a Drift theme Horizon Arcade in any Drift car”. I just did it in one of the Hoonicorn Mustangs, so at least it doesn’t specifically mean Formula Drift cars.
Me too. I was a bit worried halfway through that Hoonigans wouldn't count but decided to see it through and was happy to get the points. Now to see if I can save up enough points for the Mustang next week without having to do any Trial events.

Last edited:
Kudos to MrDJax, I used your tune for the Jag XJ13 for the Trail and it's amazing. I was also the only one in said Jag, lol.

Side note: You sir are continually beating my Rivals times....

Last edited:
Had I known they'd give away a Daytona with one of the accolades I would've spent my VIP token on a Jaguar D-Type instead. Oh well, it's about time I put my spare one under the hammer.
The Jag is also a prize car. I think you got one for buying 400 cars.

Yeah but it’s also on wheelspins, same for the Shelby Daytona. In the end it doesn’t matter much, all those very expensive cars are obtainable via other means than the autoshow.

The most expensive autoshow-only car is the McLaren Senna for 1,000,000 credits. But that was also a loyalty gift car. 😅 Next is the Deberti Toyota drift truck for 500,000 credits. But then you might as well spend it on a more expensive car and throw the duplicate on the auction house (assuming you don’t want duplicate cars).

If you’re in FH5 for the long run with 100s of hours played then it doesn’t matter much where you spend the token on. Eventually credits become totally pointless as well. I think I finished FH4 with over 400,000,000 credits or so and nothing to spend it on. FH5 will probably be less thanks to being able to gift cars (I’m gifting every duplicate for a while now).

I think I finished FH4 with over 400,000,000 credits or so and nothing to spend it on.
Not only millions of credits. I also left about 800 SWS, 1500 WS, 10000 FP. But I'm glad the wheelspins did not carried to FH5. It would kill all the fun. That and the fact that watching 1500 spins would be boring as hell.
Anyway you are right. It really doesn't matter where you put the free car token. I would still choose the Daytona. Getting 15M from a spin is very nice.

Me too. I was a bit worried halfway through that Hoonigans wouldn't count but decided to see it through and was happy to get the points.
Yep, anything in the "Drift Car" class will do the job.
Had I known they'd give away a Daytona with one of the accolades I would've spent my VIP token on a Jaguar D-Type instead.
Also correct :lol:
Anyone know if there is stream coming this week presenting the next season?
According to https://manteomax.com/ we should get a livestream next Monday.
Forza Monthly isn't in this week's schedule, so it'll pretty much have to be next Monday (31st) because the Series changes over on Thursday 3rd.

The ‘71 Mustang Mach 1 has two color groups. Looking at the car in stock paint, you’d think that means one paint group is the body and the other is all the stripes. Nope. Paint Group 1 is the entire body. Paint group 2 is the engine callout on the side of the hood scoop. That’s it.
6F3D14F4-DD38-41CD-9E43-ED55BFB4A3B0.png

04681D84-A9B2-47D7-869E-B8095BA111EA.png

Minecraft :indiff: (although the guest IP is traditionally expansion pack 2)
Yeah Minecraft sounds bad for a Forza Horizon. 🤢

If we really need to have something gimmicky from another game franchise then I would rather see different stuff. Something like:

• a Fallout wasteland expansion. With expansion-vehicles like the Crysalis Rocket (sp?) from FM6.
  • a Halo expansion. I don’t know the Halo franchise well enough but take whatever Halo ring has a lot of biomes (must include snow). I would really love the idea of racing on a Halo ring. ☺️

Another gimmicky idea could be time travel. Starting from the same map as the base game but teleported hundreds/thousands of years into the future. Some roads have changed, some are still familiar. Maybe teleport pads are added to the map. The sea level has increased so some parts are flooded (think about new artificial islands and bridges to them). That would also be a way to decrease the size of the map a bit if it’s too big for an expansion. The festival has long gone to other places but in this future timeline it has to be rebuilt.

All this sounds way better than Minecraft IMO.

Last edited:
If they are going to collaborate with other games, I would like to see Ridge Racer.

This game is already a "dead" series and there is no chance of a new game being released anymore.
But still the game has a lot of strong fans and a lot of cool and realistic fantasy cars (more than Lego and Minecraft).
The combination of Forza's great physics and Ridge Racer's cool cars and music would definitely be one of the better collaborations.

All this sounds way better than Minecraft IMO.
Just about anything would be better than Minecraft. Fallout or Halo would give a terrain good for off-road cars, that's for sure. I'd take a lazy "oh look the whole of Mexico is covered in snow" expansion over Minecraft, it would give us a chance to use our snow tyres properly.

I hope that if they do make a collossal mistake and make one of the expansions a Minecraft one they don't bring nonsense Minecraft vehicles into the "real" Horizon Mexico. I remember some people hated seeing Lego cars driving around real UK in FH4. I wasn't really bothered about that because I quite like Lego, but the thought of Minecraft cars crossing over to the main map is bringing me round to their point of view.

Back