Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,302 comments
That's a remarkably petty attitude.
It's pretty bad on the official forums too. There are people, well a person, there complaining that the series prize wasn't an exclusive car. So, they change the requirements so exclusive cars are much easier to get and people still complain, I don't understand people anymore.

Oh and apparently I'm selfish because I didn't agree with them.

That's a remarkably petty attitude.
Looking back a few pages there was even someone in this thread complaining about it. Why people would be so selfish and miserly over such a thing staggers me, Very odd behaviour.

As someone who enjoys maxing the points every week I am personally unaffected but everyone getting the chance to get the new stuff for the game they all spent their hard earned money on? How come all of the player base doesn't see this as a massive win....

Last edited:
Looking back a few pages there was even someone in this thread complaining about it. Why people would be so selfish and miserly over such a thing staggers me, Very odd behaviour.
You are conflating two different things. I would not judge a person for electing to not get Gold. I will, however, judge a person who, having elected to not get Gold, complains they aren't getting the benefits of Gold membership. It's the entitlement that bothers me. PG tweaking the game to allow non-Gold players to more easily get exclusive cars bothers me not at all. It has absolutely zero effect on my own game therefore I have nothing to complain about.

As someone who enjoys maxing the points every week I am personally unaffected but everyone getting the chance to get the new stuff for the game they all spent their hard earned money on? How come all of the player base doesn't see this as a massive win....
Apparently the reason they hate it is because they are catering to the "casual crowd" and that this has become a "kids game".

They also keep comparing the steam active players for fh4 and fh5 every week, and point out they both have about the same number of active players. What they don't point out is the fact that fh4 is always on discount and you can but the fh4 ult edition for less than fh5 standard.

Oh and they also fail to see that most of the playerbase is wither on game pass or on the win/Xbox store.

You are conflating two different things. I would not judge a person for electing to not get Gold. I will, however, judge a person who, having elected to not get Gold, complains they aren't getting the benefits of Gold membership. It's the entitlement that bothers me. PG tweaking the game to allow non-Gold players to more easily get exclusive cars bothers me not at all. It has absolutely zero effect on my own game therefore I have nothing to complain about.
I was merely agreeing with you on the poor attitude some individuals were displaying.

On the subject of People complaining about not receiving the benefits of GOLD membership. I can say (and feel most would agree) PG putting the second car slightly out of reach of certain people was not necessary and an unfortunate decision to make. The second car 5 points out of reach seemed like a kick in the teeth to those people I imagine.

Still puzzles me that people invest in these Consoles, and Games and still don't want to buy Gold/PS plus though. Yes it sucks paying extra but you're severely limiting the experience.

Good thing I got it On Steam and dont have to worry about such things😆

Last edited:
Because there are people living in Buttcrackistan, just south of the middle of nowhere, that still don't get good internet

Good point, I guess in this day in age and the point we are it with internet I forget that can still be an issue.

Then again there are ways around that, I friend of mine played with his console tethered to his phone for internet and did it successfully for years because he was too stingy to get broadband installed 😄

Last edited:
While @Vic Reign93 was busy DNFing the entire field on the Gauntlet, my Peel decided it wanted to enter Red Bull's Breakdancing League...

LMAO at the rollcage in that thing. It’s too cute! 😂
Because there are people living in Buttcrackistan, just south of the middle of nowhere, that still don't get good internet.
I wonder how they keep all their games up to date over there without good internet. Forza is quite soft on the GB’s in update size but some singleplayer games can be much worse. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla recently had an update where the entire database for the game was rebuilt, I think that was a 20 GB download or so. Halo Infinite (campaign) wasn’t even a working game on the disk, I believe when I saw IGN playing it on release day they first had to download a 17 GB “patch”. The industry standard really has become a “release first, fix it later” mentality. And then there are all the “live service” games, season pass games and what not. Luckily I live in Western Europe but I also pay a premium cost (50 EUR / month) for a fast fiber internet with no download limit. But I also don’t pay for any cable TV anymore since I get my video fix from YouTube and some good free streaming services in Belgium.

Having that said, I‘m on the Xbox eco system since early 2015 and payed for Xbox Live Gold since day one. I don’t really see it as a multiplayer feature, I see it as a general Xbox service. The discount I get from buying games with Gold membership more than pays back for the annual cost (60 EUR or something). Heck, since I stopped playing BF1, BFV and COD WWII online I don’t even play any multiplayer game anymore for… probably 2 years now. Apart from of course the weekly festival playlist in FH5.

Last edited:
I don't like that they don't have the PR stunts for Playlist points... The PR stunts weren't any fun, but they were some of the quicker points to earn on the list. They didn't say they were removing them forever though so I guess they will be back eventually.
I've seen the comments on YouTube and the Forza Horizon Subreddit complaining that the new cars are easier to get. Apparently those players aren't happy that non-XBOX Live Gold players can't be barred from getting new cars anymore.
I don't understand this mindset, whether it's about people who don't have XBL Gold, or people who don't want to "work" for their prizes, but it's an attitude I've seen repeatedly on this subject for both Forza franchises over the years.

I've never had my enjoyment of the game improved by having a car that lots of other people don't have, but have actively had less fun because I have a car my friends didn't get because they missed it or didn't own the game yet or whatever reason. It's way more fun to hop on with friends and try out a new car together and all tune and paint your own than it is to have them go "oh I can't try that one I didn't do that Forzathon" or whatever and be disappointed.
Still puzzles me that people invest in these Consoles, and Games and still don't want to buy Gold/PS plus though. Yes it sucks paying extra but you're severely limiting the experience.
Despite the fact that racing games are perhaps the genre to benefit the most from the availability of multiplayer, the whole multiplayer subject seems pretty polarizing in the racing game community... Often with open hostility for some reason, particularly from those who are on the single player side of things who I often see making comments like "I'm not some esports douchebag" or "some of us actually have a life and can't spend hours practicing" and so on.

Racing games in general probably appeal more to older gamers though, or are played more out of passion for cars/racing, so when you get a bunch of casual knuckleheads ramming into people like you get in Horizon, I can see how it could provide a bad experience... But it seems most who have experiences like that just go back to single player, rather than find like-minded players to join up with.

Last edited:
I've seen the comments on YouTube and the Forza Horizon Subreddit complaining that the new cars are easier to get. Apparently those players aren't happy that non-XBOX Live Gold players can't be barred from getting new cars anymore.
They're trolls. They have to be. Why on earth would you complain about this? I do like the movement they made. They need to ignore these whiny fools, all they do is spend their lives whining and complaining.

Anyway, can't wait for the Wuling Hongguang S and turn it into a supervan with that bodykit! Oh, and I'll take the Mazda 323 GT-R (which I'm glad it's back from Gran Turismo 2) and the MG Xpower SV-R for a spin.

Last edited:
Apparently the reason they hate it is because they are catering to the "casual crowd" and that this has become a "kids game".
That argument is so stupid, imo. Since the first Horizon it was obvious that they want a more arcade approach compared to Motorsport. But then this doesn't bother me much. What bothers me is those that are saying that had no idea what a non "casual" game would look like. Unless they make Horizon a sim open world game, which of course won't happen.
Sometimes I get this feeling that some fans are mad mostly because the games are usually successful. It doesn't make sense, I know.
I wonder how they keep all their games up to date over there without good internet.
We wait patiently. I live 5 km from the nearest city and our village doesn't have enough users to justify an installation of a new cable. So I'm stuck with 3 Mb/s. Still I can do online in FH5 without any problems. I also don't remember last time I got disconnected during any online event after Dec 3rd patch.

Because they depend on flipping reward cars on the auction house to feed their obsession with watching their credit count go up, even though they have nothing to spend those credits on, and the more easily people can get these cars now the less likely anyone will want to overpay to obtain them a month or two later.

It's nothing new, things like this were happening as far back as the people exploiting credit glitches in FM3 and then throwing tantrums when they got punished for it.

Because they depend on flipping reward cars on the auction house to feed their obsession with watching their credit count go up, even though they have nothing to spend those credits on, and the more easily people can get these cars now the less likely anyone will want to overpay to obtain them a month or two later.

It's nothing new, things like this were happening as far back as the people exploiting credit glitches in FM3 and then throwing tantrums when they got punished for it.
Exactly this, the majority of people I see complaining on Facebook, which is a bad place full of trolls anyway, are the ones that flip the cars on the AH. They are the same people that complain the new cars are crap simply because they aren't the latest and greatest.
They aren't the people that appreciate the actual cars they only play the game for the fake credits and think it gives them something to flex about.

It's so odd as well.

If you have a PC that's any better than a brand-new mid-range gaming PC from 2014, and so long as it has Windows 10 (or 11) - which was a free upgrade from legacy Windows installations when it first came out, for like a year - you can download the Xbox App for free, download FH5 if you already own it on Xbox for free, and race online multiplayer (with your XB controller) for free because XBL Gold isn't required on PC; and as your data syncs between PC and Xbox you can literally do everything you need on PC and then switch back to XB for everything else. You can probably get away with a middling modern-ish (2018+) laptop.

The cars aren't locked behind Gold subscriptions, and making it easier for players who only play on Xbox but don't have Gold doesn't harm any perceived exclusivity of them.

It's so odd as well.

If you have a PC that's any better than a brand-new mid-range gaming PC from 2014, and so long as it has Windows 10 (or 11) - which was a free upgrade from legacy Windows installations when it first came out, for like a year - you can download the Xbox App for free, download FH5 if you already own it on Xbox for free, and race online multiplayer (with your XB controller) for free because XBL Gold isn't required on PC; and as your data syncs between PC and Xbox you can literally do everything you need on PC and then switch back to XB for everything else. You can probably get away with a middling modern-ish (2018+) laptop.

The cars aren't locked behind Gold subscriptions, and making it easier for players who only play on Xbox but don't have Gold doesn't harm any perceived exclusivity of them.
This Microsoft eco system I like A LOT. I also have an aged gaming PC and it can barely run FH4 and FH5 at below minimum specs. It‘s unplayable for racing but it’s useful to look some things up in the game, use the AH, etc. And indeed it synchronises nicely with my Xbox Series X. That series X is located in my living room and is used for sofa gaming with a controller. My older Xbox One X is in my hobby room connected to a racing rig. Haven’t used that in a while but I could use FH5 there too.

On top of that, if I would have Game Pass Ultimate (which I don’t) I would even be able to use the cloud and stream FH5 from my iPad or something while I’m on the go.

So many options, especially for Microsoft first party titles.

I never got value for my money. I bought Gold and PS+ a few times over the years; I didn't even play online enough to justify the expense, I got very little out of deals or free games (there was no extra free space on my PS4 anyway), and I didn't even need it for things like FH1 Rivals in the XB360 days or multiplayer free roam in both The Crew games. If I could get by without it, I skipped it. Otherwise, I bought it for the occasional new game I hoped to enjoy online.

I play games online, sometimes, once in a while. On PC, I don't have the cost making me feel guilty about not using what I paid for, and I can go online just when I'm in the mood. It sucked to feel like I should play online because I bought Gold/Plus, when I would rather not.

I don't like paid subscriptions of any kind in the first place; I avoid them as a general rule. Coming from a PC gaming background, Gold/Plus has never made much sense.

On pc i need to download the whole game again (103gb) :banghead:. If the game wasn't this good i would have already deleted it with all the bugs and crashes it has. But its a great game and im enjoying it even with all the problems im having. PG please get your 💩 together!

I never got value for my money. I bought Gold and PS+ a few times over the years; I didn't even play online enough to justify the expense, I got very little out of deals or free games (there was no extra free space on my PS4 anyway), and I didn't even need it for things like FH1 Rivals in the XB360 days or multiplayer free roam in both The Crew games. If I could get by without it, I skipped it. Otherwise, I bought it for the occasional new game I hoped to enjoy online.

I play games online, sometimes, once in a while. On PC, I don't have the cost making me feel guilty about not using what I paid for, and I can go online just when I'm in the mood. It sucked to feel like I should play online because I bought Gold/Plus, when I would rather not.

I don't like paid subscriptions of any kind in the first place; I avoid them as a general rule. Coming from a PC gaming background, Gold/Plus has never made much sense.
I was just saying in my opinion, If I was to invest in an expensive console and roster of games I personally would want the whole experience. Rather than a game with things greyed out and out of reach. If you are fine with that, More power to you.

As a PC player I completely agree that these Live/PS+ subs shouldn't even exist in the first place though, Free multiplayer and access to online services for consoles are long overdue. Even get rid of the "free" games every month if they have to.

Got the update now I'm just constantly disconnected. edit All's fine now, probably to do with downloading update going on.

Last edited:
New:
AUD_RS3Sedan_20

New (but likely not for FH5):
LYN_62_03TCR_20
MOS_00_MT900GT3_06

Already known, but now have wheel textures, and are likely getting closer to release:
AUD_RS4Avant_18
AUD_RS5_18
BMW_M8_20
FOR_SVTLightning_03
MIN_JCWGP_21
TOY_4RunnerTRDPro_19
TOY_TacomaTRDPro_19
TOY_TundraTRDPro_20
Lightning!
TRD Tacoma!
A new Audi!

I hope these are coming soon.

New:
AUD_RS3Sedan_20

New (but likely not for FH5):
LYN_62_03TCR_20
MOS_00_MT900GT3_06

Already known, but now have wheel textures, and are likely getting closer to release:
AUD_RS4Avant_18
AUD_RS5_18
BMW_M8_20
FOR_SVTLightning_03
MIN_JCWGP_21
TOY_4RunnerTRDPro_19
TOY_TacomaTRDPro_19
TOY_TundraTRDPro_20
Wow! It’s looking like they overcame an impasse with the people in Ingolstadt. Really good to see more Audis in the pipeline :)

Got the update now I'm just constantly disconnected.
Same problem here, I swapped to Horizon Solo for now, I assume it’s a server related issue they will fix soon.

Meanwhile, the pink has arrived. ☺️

1643743438710.png

Back