Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,455 comments
Glad I logged in early today.
I nearly missed my 100% record - couldn't clean up on Wednesday as usual because I was ill with something like a stomach bug, got the fallback twice before I could finish off Summer. Then I just managed to get the screenies for the season change post before more fallbacks until just over an hour ago.

I nearly missed my 100% record - couldn't clean up on Wednesday as usual because I was ill with something like a stomach bug, got the fallback twice before I could finish off Summer. Then I just managed to get the screenies for the season change post before more fallbacks until just over an hour ago.
Hope you're feeling better now bud

The crashing problem seems to have now gotten worse for me on Series S. First it refuses to respond after opening on quick resume. Again. Then it crashes twice while loading into the Trial

89544de3-c839-456f-94d0-1b02cfa8ac66.png

a38e4ecd-ef24-442a-a58d-07f5981b6c45.png

b7f1b5fb-76c9-4b67-b27f-803c9f232d3d.png

I haven't played FH5 since FM2023 was released. But the moment I found out about one of my favorite cars of all time finally being added to FH5. I had to have it.

The Raptor R is absolutely incredible, I love it and I can’t wait wait for the Mustang :D

With all the amazing Fords we got, this feels like what Fordzathon should’ve been.

Though now that we have the Raptor R, it really needs the TRX to play with it in Mexico…

I feel like there’s still some issues with Stellantis with the cars that we’re still missing.

TRX, MC20, Wrangler 392, new Gran Turismo, Gulia GTAm, new Abarth 500 to name a few.

The sheer variety of trucks in FH5 is now hugely better than any previous Forza. It makes the class way more fun than it was back in FH3, for example. I also appreciate the big 3 EV trucks alongside the wide array of modern combustion engine trucks.

I do admit that having the RAM TRX with 700hp would fit nicely alongside the Raptor R and Saleen Sporttruck. Although we also don't have a comparative Silverado (seems like we'd need an SVE since Chevy only delivers 450hp or so themselves?).

Also, this week's Eventlab was surprising. 6 laps around a 30 second track is certainly new. It was also a lot of fun to FWD drift around the lap, although I would have preferred if those pavements weren't there - they got in the way of smooth laps for me.

Last edited:
There are certainly a lot of pickup trucks in FH5, but it's a bit disappointing that they tend to be biased toward models from the 70s and earlier, and models from 2010 and later.

And when it comes to new pickups, the more tarmac-oriented models that existed up until FM4 are still not back in the game, and most trucks are models designed for off-roading.
How great would it be to have the RAM SRT-10 and Saleen Supercab back in the game?
Also absent from the game are pre-2000s mini trucks popular in the customization scene, such as the S10, Tacoma, Hilux, Mazda B, and Nissan Hardbody.
2JZ for Hilux, 13B for Mazda B, SR20DET or RB26DETT for Hardbody are popular swaps in the real world, so I'd like to have fun making these cool mini trucks in Forza as well.

And my favorite track that we never get in all racing games, including Forza...

2012-06-30-10.07.17.jpg

There are certainly a lot of pickup trucks in FH5, but it's a bit disappointing that they tend to be biased toward models from the 70s and earlier, and models from 2010 and later.

And when it comes to new pickups, the more tarmac-oriented models that existed up until FM4 are still not back in the game, and most trucks are models designed for off-roading.
How great would it be to have the RAM SRT-10 and Saleen Supercab back in the game?
Also absent from the game are pre-2000s mini trucks popular in the customization scene, such as the S10, Tacoma, Hilux, Mazda B, and Nissan Hardbody.
2JZ for Hilux, 13B for Mazda B, SR20DET or RB26DETT for Hardbody are popular swaps in the real world, so I'd like to have fun making these cool mini trucks in Forza as well.

And my favorite track that we never get in all racing games, including Forza...

View attachment 1346363
Yes, yes and thrice yes. This is the 'left-field' stuff I want to see more of in FH. Of course we have to have the "Super/Hyper Cars", but it's my belief that non mainstream vehicles such as those listed above in @WanganDream post make the game more interesting and fun.

There's only so much you can do with a Super/Hyper car tune wise. Lower powered and 'left-field' vehicles offer so much more potential for tuning, and the more you can tune a vehicle for different scenarios the more the game opens up to you with different opportunities to use the vehicle.

So in short.....yes let's have more obscure vehicles in FH5 please Devs.

So in short.....yes let's have more obscure vehicles in FH5 please Devs.
Yes. I got plenty to look for. How are these for example?

• 1990 GM Dustbuster Vans (google them, as they are awful looking but good to modify)
  • Any Pontiac Grand Am, especially from 1992
  • 1992 Buick Skylark
  • 1994 Ford Aspire
  • 1996 Ford Taurus (regarded as the worst designed car from Ford. They got a SHO model as well)
  • Any one of the GM vans from 1997 (Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Trans Sport/Montana, Olds Silhouette)
  • 1996 Suzuki X-90 (its infamy status doesn't care if it shows to FH5 or FH6)
  • 1997 Buick Century/Regal
  • Yugo GV/Cabrio
  • Any Saturn vehicle from 1991 to 2009
  • 1997 Cadillac Catera
Any more ideas? Tell me one person who doesn't want to turn these low-rent disposable vehicles into a monument of performance?

Last edited:
Tell me one person who doesn't want to turn these low-rent disposable vehicles into a monument of performance?
1713107766426.gif

I have downright zero interest in any of those cars, but I’d be happy for everyone who wants them if we ever got any of them in the game.

I’m a modern car fan through and through, but I understand that they’re not for everyone, so variety is needed for balance :cheers:

Last edited:
Yes. I got plenty to look for. How are these for example?

• 1990 GM Dustbuster Vans (google them, as they are awful looking but good to modify)
  • Any Pontiac Grand Am, especially from 1992
  • 1992 Buick Skylark
  • 1994 Ford Aspire
  • 1996 Ford Taurus (regarded as the worst designed car from Ford. They got a SHO model as well)
  • Any one of the GM vans from 1997 (Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Trans Sport/Montana, Olds Silhouette)
  • 1996 Suzuki X-90 (its infamy status doesn't care if it shows to FH5 or FH6)
  • 1997 Buick Century/Regal
  • Yugo GV/Cabrio
  • Any Saturn vehicle from 1991 to 2009
  • 1997 Cadillac Catera
Any more ideas? Tell me one person who doesn't want to turn these low-rent disposable vehicles into a monument of performance?
A fine list bud. Especially the Yugo and Suzuki X-90.

I'd add the:

Austin Maestro
Austin Princess
Austin Allegro
Nissan Cube
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Fiat Multipla
Lada Riva Estate
Skoda Estelle
Daimler SP250

Austin Allegro
The design concept:

ado67dev_06.jpg

£21m of development later:

Austin-Allegro-range-650x433.jpg

C'mon, now, doesn't that scream "pure sex"? LOL, maybe not but it might be worth including an All-Aggro, just to have this funky Quartic steering wheel in cockpit view:

1200px-Austin_Allegro_Interior_with_Quartic_steering_wheel.jpg

Now where's my TR7? Kidding again but I'd be happy to see the TR6 make a return from the previous game.

FH4_Triumph_TR6_Front.jpg

Last edited:
Let's pretend to be a vehicle licensing guy at PG....

Option A: 1997 Cadillac Catera
Option B: 2023 Dodge RAM 1500 TRX

Now the Dodge is in production, theoretically easy to license, will have a digital model available from the manufacturer, meaning minimal modelling needed. The Cadillac will need to be sourced and scanned manually and licensing will probably involve effort, and it'll need to be completely modelled from scratch.

Then let's think about the potential user interest and "engagement" from each option.

Yeah, that whole analysis and decision making process can be done in under 0.3 seconds...

We'd definitely need a Honda Jazz and a lot more old British Rovers for that edition bud 😂😂😂
Around here it's mostly Nissan Altimas and various Ford/GM sedans from the mid 2010s.

The Cadillac will need to be sourced and scanned manually and licensing will probably involve effort, and it'll need to be completely modelled from scratch.

Then let's think about the potential user interest and "engagement" from each option.

Yeah, that whole analysis and decision making process can be done in under 0.3 seconds...
Another hoop to jump through in this case in particular is that the Catera was an Opel/Vauxhall Omega with different badging. Vauxhall/Opel used to belong to GM, but it's been sold semi-recently to the PSA group that became Stellantis. So you have to get approval from both GM and Stellantis, and as you may recall, Stellantis holds the rights to Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia amongst others... remember launch? Yeah, a Catera is never happening.

Last edited:
Let's pretend to be a vehicle licensing guy at PG....

Option A: 1997 Cadillac Catera
Option B: 2023 Dodge RAM 1500 TRX

Now the Dodge is in production, theoretically easy to license, will have a digital model available from the manufacturer, meaning minimal modelling needed. The Cadillac will need to be sourced and scanned manually and licensing will probably involve effort, and it'll need to be completely modelled from scratch.

Yes, we must never use effort to engage our client base 🤦‍♂️

Latest Posts

Back