Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Expansion

France
Paris
space wadet
FpgXlYkXsBkIEL2

Seems like the Baja rumors were right.

I expect a big MS event in may where they gonna reveal bunch of games and release dates of FM and the new expansion.

Edit. Nvm lol didnt see the post above.

Last edited:
From the pic it looks like a more grounded/realistic expansion (similar to Fortune Island).

I hope (but am not expecting) the main map to “merge” with the expansion, so that you can seamlessly drive from one to another (Burnout Paradise did this). Requires a big patch but would help the long-term lifespan of the expansion.

Hot Wheels was very well-done but it being a separate map meant I effectively abandoned it after a month.

The fact that this next expansion is taking a more realistic approach as opposed to the Hot Wheels/Lego route is a massive relief. Seems pretty obvious the core focus will be Baja, but I'm intrigued to see if other forms of offroad motorsports will feature... Seeing point-to-point rally events with a co-driver would be a welcome nod to the first-ever Forza Horizon expansion. ;)

FpgXlYkXsBkIEL2

Looks to be a dedicated off-road themed expansion? As someone who loves rallying and cross-country, I'm absolutely all for it. If anything it's a funny jab at the driftbros begging for a typical big city to drift around in.

Oh nice, the quattro’s returning.

If it can be painted I guess Microsoft’s licensing team’s got serious negotiating power 😅

That Quattro S1 is singlehandedly the car I've been yearning to return for the most of any car from FH4, so you can imagine my reaction when I saw that tweet. :lol:

Bring on the 23rd Playground!

The main thing that I care about in expansions is the cars, so I just want 10 cool new to the game cars.

Hoping for some of leaked cars, like the R1T and 405 T16, but also new stuff like the RSQ8 and Hummer EV.

Not long left to see if PG is gonna drop the ball or deliver something great, I’m cautious but excited about it.

You guys have no idea how incredibly happy I am to see the Audi Quattro S1 make its return. :) I missed that beautiful beast from FH4 so darn much! :D Also the expansion FINALLY getting a reveal (and it taking place in a realistic setting) THIS Thursday coming has me super hyped up. Can not wait!! :D:D:D

And yeah, there won't be a city expansion. But who cares? At least we're back to having a realistic setting again.

Well, looks like @TheAdmiester was on the money. Baja/Off-Road themed it is, and I think if Playground does this well, it could be a really fun expansion. I did a car list prediction a couple of months back; let's see how I close I get to the final expansion list, assuming it's 10 cars.

Horizon Baja/Rally Car Predictions
  1. 1985 DAF #95 Twin Turbo X1
  2. 1986 Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione
  3. 1970 Hoonigan Volkswagen Baja Bug “Scumbug”
  4. 2022 HUMMER EV
  5. 1967 Hurst Shifters Baja Boost
  6. 1985 Mercedes-Benz #614 Team Capito Unimog 1300 L
  7. 1985 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid
  8. 1988 Peugeot 405 T16
  9. 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar
  10. 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Desert Racer
I know a lot of people on reddit/here etc were asking for a something urban/city based, but I'd say give this a chance before completely writing it off as "useless". Very excited for the reveal!

I'm also curious what the gimmick/hook of this expansion will be. Is it the return of proper Rally style races with a co-driver? Or a completely new race type? I hope there's something gameplay wise to keep us coming back as opposed to "here's a new land mass, some new cars, have fun"

Last edited:
Hopefully the second expansion can bring some fresh features if the focus does indeed turn to Baja and rally, otherwise its likely still going to be the same shtick as all the other "grounded" expansions with new cars and a separate map.

That's really strange, didn't expect them to reveal it this soon. A rally/offroad themed expansion really wasn't what I wanted but I will wait until I actually get my hands on it to judge.

God Twitter are a miserable bunch.

Anyway, colour me surprised / interested. I honestly thought they were gonna do a tie-in to Fast X (works out perfectly, timing wise).

Really looking forward to this. So happy the Audi Quattro is back. Keeping everything crossed for the Subaru Brat and DAF #95. I love cross country racing in FH.

Which gets us back to the question, is there a big gaming event coming up that would be a good place to announce Expansion 2?

Edit: never mind.

Last edited:
Oh nice, the quattro’s returning.

If it can be painted I guess Microsoft’s licensing team’s got serious negotiating power 😅

I imagine it will be treated just like any other car in terms of if/how it can be painted.

In all honesty I think the car was just saved for the drip-feed. And if that’s the case, it’s some impeccable timing.

I’ve been holding off on buying FH5 for Expansion 2. A sale (and a break on college essays) is all I need before I jump in. And I’m not giving up hope for Fiat/Alfa/Lancia!

Last edited:
FpgXlYkXsBkIEL2

That picture doesn't have me excited at all.

"The current Mexico map is 85% wilderness with nothing to see... what if we made a DLC that's more wilderness with nothing to see?"

Every day I'm more glad I got Premium... /s

Well, looks like @TheAdmiester was on the money. Baja/Off-Road themed it is, and I think if Playground does this well, it could be a really fun expansion. I did a car list prediction a couple of months back; let's see how I close I get to the final expansion list, assuming it's 10 cars.

Horizon Baja/Rally Car Predictions
  1. 1985 DAF #95 Twin Turbo X1
  2. 1986 Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione
  3. 1970 Hoonigan Volkswagen Baja Bug “Scumbug”
  4. 2022 HUMMER EV
  5. 1967 Hurst Shifters Baja Boost
  6. 1985 Mercedes-Benz #614 Team Capito Unimog 1300 L
  7. 1985 Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid
  8. 1988 Peugeot 405 T16
  9. 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar
  10. 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Desert Racer
I know a lot of people on reddit/here etc were asking for a something urban/city based, but I'd say give this a chance before completely writing it off as "useless". Very excited for the reveal!

I'm also curious what the gimmick/hook of this expansion will be. Is it the return of proper Rally style races with a co-driver? Or a completely new race type? I hope there's something gameplay wise to keep us coming back as opposed to "here's a new land mass, some new cars, have fun"
We've now seen the Quattro S1 is returning based on one of the stream posters too. If that's in, then the somewhat special car I incorrectly predicted a few months back might also make sense. Something from 2001 that wasn't exactly a road vehicle.

Last edited:
I was one of those who anticipated and hoped for the modern city expansion. But since my main reason for playing Horizon is off-road racing, I am also delighted with the off-road focus of expansion 2.
I can't stop hoping that tough off-roads like Blizzard Mountain and Storm Island will be there to greet me.

However, the pessimist in me warns about the expansion 2 car list.
If I were to speculate based on car passes, and the cars we got in the HW expansion, it is likely that many of the cars we will probably get in expansion 2 will be variants of existing models.

My guess for the expansion 2 car list:
  • 2023 Lamborghini Huracán Sterrato (Expansion cover car #1)
  • 2022 Rivian R1T (Expansion cover car #2)
  • 2023 Porsche 911 Dakar
  • 2021 Can-Am #430 Maverick XRS
  • 1966 Hoonigan 'Scumbug' Volkswagen Beetle
  • 2021 DeBerti Design Ford Bronco
  • 1984 Porsche 953
  • 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Desert Racer
  • 2021 Hoonigan Ford Fiesta ERX
  • 1967 Hurst Shifters Baja Boost (barn finds)
But I am hoping that this prediction will be wrong and that a nicer and completely new rally car or 4x4 will be added.
Especially the DAF TurboTwin and 405 T16 that others have predicted are my longing as well.

I'm probably alone in this, but I'd love for the Citroën DS 21 to return from FH4. We only got a couple months with it before FH5 came out, and I'd been waiting decades for that car. It even makes sense in a Baja expansion since it was used extensively as a rally car.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if FM8 isn't even on the monthly stream's schedule, if anything we'll get another "coming months" from Esaki. The focus is probably going to be on the expansion if I had to guess.
So interestingly Forza Monthly is after the Let's GO livestream this time around. (PLZ HAVE FM NEWS)

FpgXlYkXsBkIEL2

Fpg8VjdXEAA0mpY

One thing worth mentioning: so far each "normal" expansion brought some new capability of the game engine (e.g. snow, storms). For a Baja expansion it would have to be improvements in sand and dirt driving in some way. How about proper rock climbing physics?

Maybe improved dirt/mud buildup?
One thing worth mentioning: so far each "normal" expansion brought some new capability of the game engine (e.g. snow, storms). For a Baja expansion it would have to be improvements in sand and dirt driving in some way. How about proper rock climbing physics?

Back