Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack

United Kingdom
UNITED KINGDOM
ALAN ULTIMATE
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Rally_Expansion_Announce/ ;)

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion
October 16, 2012by BRIAN EKBERG
With just a few more days until the launch of Forza Horizon starting on October 23, the news for the game keeps coming strong. As if hitting the open roads of Colorado wasn’t enough, today we’re unveiling the first glimpse of the first expansion pack for Forza Horizon… and rally fans, this one’s for you. The “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” is coming on December 18 to Xbox LIVE and will be available for 1,600 MS Points (or included as part of the Forza Horizon Season Pass).

Delivering an immersive and authentic rally racing experience on the roughest untamed roads of Colorado, the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” will offer Horizon players an outstanding off-road racing experience with deeper ruts, higher jumps, and new surface types to explore. Players will experience authentic rally action behind the wheel of rally-tuned cars, complete with co-driver calls, and much more.

Look for further details on the “Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack” in the coming weeks, leading up to the release of the pack on December 18.

Forza Horizon Season Pass Details: We’ve got the full details on the Forza Horizon Season Pass below, including newly announced content that makes the Season Pass an even better value to Forza Horizon fans.

Here’s the complete rundown of content available to Forza Horizon Season Pass owners:

Month One Car Pack The Month One Car Pack for Forza Horizon will be available starting on October 23 and will include six cars for use in Forza Horizon:

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione -- It’s notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari’s exclusive Fiorano test track.

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged -- One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider -- In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950’s, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you’d expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302
-- Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn’t get much better than this.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J -- Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won’t find any climate control—for obvious reasons—or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador’s 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless—and ruthless--J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air -- Before the terms “stanced” or “tuner” were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the ‘57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.

The Month One Car Pack is included free for Forza Horizon Season Pass owners, or available individually for 400 MS Points.

Six Monthly DLC Car Packs Beginning in November, Forza Horizon fans will enjoy a steady stream of monthly DLC cars and the Forza Horizon Season Pass will give you instant access to all these cars as they are released. Each monthly DLC pack will include six incredible cars bound for Horizon Festival greatness – from cutting edge supercars to eminently drivable classics and all points in between. Individual DLC car packs will cost 400 MS Points but Season Pass owners will have access to the first six monthly DLC packs, from November 2012 through April 2013, at no additional cost. As always, fans will be able to use their DLC cars in a variety of monthly DLC-focused community events, contests, and challenges, including photo contests, Rivals events, and more.

Forza Horizon Rally Expansion PackThe Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack will include new events, new cars, and new achievements and will cost 1,600 MS Points as a standalone purchase. The Rally Expansion Pack is included in the cost of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass. Look for more info on this exciting expansion pack in the weeks to come.

Five Exclusive Season Pack Bonus CarsIn addition to the Month 1 Car Pack, the six Monthly DLC Packs and the Rally Expansion Pack, Forza Horizon Season Pass owners will also receive five exclusive Season Pass bonus cars, with one car delivered monthly for the next five months. Season Pass Bonus Cars will be available for download on the third Tuesday of each month from November 2012 through March 2013. The Season Pass Bonus Car for November is the 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. Look for more details on future Season Pass Bonus Cars in the coming weeks.

The Forza Horizon Season Pass will cost 4,000 MS Points and represents savings of more than 15 percent over buying the individual content packs. Look for the Forza Horizon Season Pass, available for purchase on Xbox LIVE, beginning on October 23.

"Play and Win" Incentives: Players who purchase and play “Forza Horizon” during the first week of release will receive a free gift car – the 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor; a unicorn car typically only available from the “Forza Horizon” community team. Those who download and play the currently available Xbox LIVE demo for Forza Horizon and then play the full game will receive a 2013 SRT Viper GTS, complete with a custom livery.

The Rally Exoansion Pack seems great. Aside from this, it seems downright ******.

Month one car pack? Forza 4 cars and some new trim levels for existing cars. Totally sucky. The first VIP car? A copy & paste from FM4.

Needless to say, I'm gutted.

Heh. Figures: slightly touched up versions of existing cars, or stuff already available in FM4. The car pack is annoying: but I still might cave just for the J.

Yay money-grabs.

The rally pack also brings up a question: is all the talk of 60+ surface variations only taking into account an expansion pack? Ugh.

I wonder of the monthly season pass (rehashes) can be grabbed cumulatively, after their month. I might get the pass of a heavy discount presents itself around Christmas.

So, is the Month One DLC pack the same as the Launch Day Car Pack, because it doesn't mention anything about being included in the LCE...

Just realized the Season Pass is $60 up here. To include what's probably a majority of carryover FM4 cars... Some I've already paid for as DLC once.

Well, crap.

(EDIT) my money is on those Renaults having something to do with the first run bonus, since they're just an unlock code away on green discs.

Rally expansion pack sounds bloody amazing. :)

I'm actually looking forward to the car pack too. I'd never drive any of those cars in FM4, but in the context of Horizon they each have so much more to offer. 👍

Rally expansion pack sounds bloody amazing. :)

I'm actually looking forward to the car pack too. I'd never drive any of those cars in FM4, but in the context of Horizon they each have so much more to offer. 👍

I'm looking forward to the 8C Convertible, Bel-Air and would like to try out the Aventador with no roof. :lol:

The mildly improved 599XX (I'd rather have the GTO or SA Aperta) and the Angry Gumpert don't interest me at all.

All these DLC are pretty damn expensive (or so it seems). I'm not against paid DLC at all (bought all Forza's DLC thus far, heh) but this is beginning to be VERY expensive. I think I'll play the game and see how it fares. If I really like the game, I think I'll buy some of the DLC. But the game's gonna be really good for that.

I was dead set on getting the season pass. But if the car pack is indicative on what we're going to get, I'd be annoyed like hell. I'm not hard to please with DLC. I love the game way too to be picky about the car packs, and that's from just playing FM4 and the FH demo.

But supporting this by buying the DLC is just a disgusting thought.

Wow. Can't say I didn't see this coming. I'm not paying money for DLC of cars that I can already drive in FM4. This is sorry.

E28
So, is the Month One DLC pack the same as the Launch Day Car Pack, because it doesn't mention anything about being included in the LCE...

Month One DLC = The Launch Pack available October 23rd same day as Horizon.

Six further DLC car packs will be released, November 2012 - April 2013. ;)

Hmmmm, kind of a big slap in the face with the launch pack, though the rally one could be interesting, ill wait and see what cars come with that, if any of them are from FM4 I won't be getting it (I'm thinking about the Monster SX4, Wrangler, Celica etc)

The Rally Exoansion Pack seems great. Aside from this, it seems downright ******.

Month one car pack? Forza 4 cars and some new trim levels for existing cars. Totally sucky. The first VIP car? A copy & paste from FM4.

Needless to say, I'm gutted.
Just wait until they announce the Porsche pack. You know its going to happen and charge everyone for it again. Quite disappointed with T10 with some of their decisions for Horizon. :guilty:

hmmmmm where is that guy who said there is no way they are intentionally withholding content only to sell it after launch as DLC?
n4fc89360d5b0e_large.jpg

Just wait until they announce the Porsche pack. You know its going to happen and charge everyone for it again. Quite disappointed with T10 with some of their decisions for Horizon. :guilty:

You know just as well as anyone else that the Porsche Pack was only licensed for Forza 4. That much was said before Horizon was even announced, so why you're using that as some sort of low point is beyond me.

hmmmmm where is that guy who said there is no way they are intentionally withholding content only to sell it after launch as DLC?
n4fc89360d5b0e_large.jpg

And you know they're withholding content, how?

Now if they delayed the game to include additional content some of the same people would be complaining about that saying "I'd rather them release the game now and whatever new content as DLC down the line." It's a neverending cycle of having something to complain about.

That's not even the problem!

The problem is that they're trying to sell the sort of crappy DLC that PD has been selling for GT5 for a while now. I don't wanna get some upgraded versions of cars that are already in the game, damit :grumpy:

I said I'd blame GT5 for something similar, stop stealing my ideas! :lol:

Although, at the same time... I still find this to be better than anything GT5 has done.

I said I'd blame GT5 for something similar, stop stealing my ideas! :lol:

Although, at the same time... I still find this to be better than anything GT5 has done.
Your mindd has officially been read, T-12.

But I also agree, it's not as bad, yet. It would have to be five variations of the 599 and some new paints to match that ;)

Thank you but no thank you. $60-65 is enough for this game. Maybe after a year when all of the hype has settled and they bundle all of the DLC into one group for like 800MS, then I will consider getting it. I am in no hurry to drive any of these extra cars.

Wow, another track only car and one that's merely an evolution. Another Gumpert, which probably looks near identical. The Miura concept, which might not ever have been a running car. The Alfa, Aventador J and Bel Air are more like it, but there's so many suitable cars already in Forza that some just don't make sense.

The rally pack sounds much more promising, especially with co driver commentary and new cars.

Why don't you guys wait until the first genuine DLC pack before jumping ship:
Month One DLC = The Launch Pack available October 23rd same day as Horizon.

Six further DLC car packs will be released, November 2012 - April 2013. ;)

I'll not really interested in that DLC to honest, I'll wait until we get some new cars in a pack then I might buy it. I don't that there will be a Porsche pack for this game since in many aspects it could be considered a competitor to the NFS franchise.

I am interested to see what the Horizon Rally expansion will be like though.

And you know they're withholding content, how?

Now if they delayed the game to include additional content some of the same people would be complaining about that saying "I'd rather them release the game now and whatever new content as DLC down the line." It's a neverending cycle of having something to complain about.

Well I could pursue the same argument: how do you that they are not withholding content?

However this will lead us no where. As a safe rule I only buy DLC 3 months after the game has released. I have noticed more and more publishers having day one, month one dlc and to me its nothing but a cash grab.

I honestly do not believe that they have created the content in two months. In fact with all these DLC packs I am becoming more and more accustomed to buying the GOTY, Ultimate, Academy edition etc of games.

I still have a massive backlog of games to play on my ps2 and psp so I am fine with waiting if it saves me 100 bucks or so.

That's not even the problem!

The problem is that they're trying to sell the sort of crappy DLC that PD has been selling for GT5 for a while now. I don't wanna get some upgraded versions of cars that are already in the game, damit

DLC is optional so there is no point being upset about the quality of it. Quality and value for money are subjective to each person. I think PD's DLC was sufficient: I bought the Spa and Kart DLC, TC cars, Test Track pack and HSV which kept me playing the game for several more months before moving on. I also prefer tracks over cars.

I said I'd blame GT5 for something similar, stop stealing my ideas!

Are you saying you would blame PD of withholding content from the launch of the game? I find that statement ludicrous. PD have been regularly patching and updating GT5 for free and through the process have added many new features.

Not to mention GT5's DLC came 1 year after its launch. Why would a company withhold its content for 1 year when its active player base will only be getting smaller. Surely they would want to release near the launch to get a greater income.

I also appreciate PD allowing players to enjoy new DLC tracks for free online for an entire week. Many companies will see that move as a negative as players may no longer want to buy the track after playing on it for so long.

Are you saying you would blame PD of withholding content from the launch of the game? I find that statement ludicrous. PD have been regularly patching and updating GT5 for free and through the process have added many new features.

Features which should really have been in the game in the first place.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this... This rally expansion pack is going to be released roughly a month after FH is released. So why couldn't this be part of the game??? Seems to me like a clear money grab. I'm holding back.

What irks me is the cars they announced as day 1 DLC for 400 MS Pts. All FM4 10 car DLC pack was 540 MS Pts and all the cars (for the most part) were NEW cars to the franchise. Of the 6 cars mentioned for FH, 2 were already FM4 DLC cars and the remaining 4 are variants of FM4 cars. I wonder if this is licensing costs they are passing on to us or if in actuality it is a quick money grab. This for sure I'm not getting and I'd LOVE to have the Boss 302 and Ferrari 599XX Evo in the game from start...

I'm not entirely sure the Month 1 DLC is the Launch Day Car Pack. Why?

Firstly, there was a launch day car pack in Forza 4, consisting of 5 cars as well as a Month 1 DLC (the muscle car pack).

Secondly, in the description for the LCE it says the 'Day 1 add-on pack' has 5 cars, whereas this has 6.

Purely speculation though, and it's possible that the details have changed since the LCE was announced.

Latest Posts

Back