Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack

I am disappointed with the announcement of the DLC and expansion pak. I personally feel like the rally expansion should just be a part of the base game to begin with. We are already paying $60.00 US to get the game and I don't really think Horizon has that much to offer past FM4. All we are getting is a new environment to drive around in and this less than attractive and annoying music festival garbage and pedestrian cars on the road (stupid). Everything else is the same. I know there are few different items here and there that are new or different, but it's ultimately the same physics and, by the looks of it, the same cars.

I am one of those that likes to get all of the extras and add-ons, whether I use them or not, but I am not feeling it for Horizon, however. Just seems like a rip-off to me.

And I think T10 is making it a goal to try and confuse us as much as possible as to what-DLC-is-what. It would be nice if they could lay out a nice chart about the different versions of the game and what they include and what the bonuses are for release day and so on. It just seems like a huge mess and nobody really knows. Is it too much to ask for a little organization?

I am disappointed with the announcement of the DLC and expansion pak. I personally feel like the rally expansion should just be a part of the base game to begin with. We are already paying $60.00 US to get the game and I don't really think Horizon has that much to offer past FM4. All we are getting is a new environment to drive around in and this less than attractive and annoying music festival garbage and pedestrian cars on the road (stupid). Everything else is the same. I know there are few different items here and there that are new or different, but it's ultimately the same physics and, by the looks of it, the same cars.
If you think it offers nothing new besides stuff you dislike anyways, why would you even buy the game in the first place?

Just asking, but from what you've written, it sure seems that FH wouldn't be worth the 60 bucks to you, with or without the Rally pack being on the disc.

I guess I should have been a little more clear. If the game came with the offload/rally part as a standard, then okay, we are talking about something worth $60. But $80? I'm happy for you if you don't mind taking it in the rear to have this extra bit of the game, but you are being duped if you think the extra rally expansion pack is worth $80. Then on top of that you have to drop another $50 to get the same DLC cars that you have already paid for in FM4. I think FM is a great racing game franchise with lots of great things about it, and I am absolutely a big fan of it, but the DLC gimmicks are ripping you off left and right. Dou you really think this game with all the extra add-ons is going to be worth $150? No way!

I guess I should have been a little more clear. If the game came with the offload/rally part as a standard, then okay, we are talking about something worth $60. But $80? I'm happy for you if you don't mind taking it in the rear to have this extra bit of the game, but you are being duped if you think the extra rally expansion pack is worth $80.

What?

Then on top of that you have to drop another $50 to get the same DLC cars that you have already paid for in FM4.

What?

I think FM is a great racing game franchise with lots of great things about it, and I am absolutely a big fan of it, but the DLC gimmicks are ripping you off left and right.

What?

Dou you really think this game with all the extra add-ons is going to be worth $150? No way!
We'll just have to wait and see. What most likely is true though, the game won't lack content. :lol:

Ok, so would you rather they make the Rally add-on a separate game and charge you full price? that what u want? Because all the drama about the pack is implying just that. Slap Forza Rallisport on the box, unpave all the roads and voila!, Rip off

I'm trying really hard to find the wrong here. The other franchise cries it doesn't have DLC, or that is far between, Here we cry that we have too much, too soon. I guess I'll never get it, because I like to support the franchise

Sounds like you are in denial sir.

About what? That the content won't live up to the price? I'm pretty sure it will.

Ok, so would you rather they make the Rally add-on a separate game and charge you full price? that what u want? Because all the drama about the pack is implying just that. Slap Forza Rallisport on the box, unpave all the roads and voila!, Rip off

I'm trying really hard to find the wrong here. The other franchise cries it doesn't have DLC, or that is far between, Here we cry that we have too much, too soon. I guess I'll never get it, because I like to support the franchise

So much of this that I want to worship him. (or her, i'm not sexist :P )

I'm just voicing my disappointment with T10. I'm not trying to come on here cry about it because I can, not at all. My apologies if I came across that way or upset anyone. I'm not criticizing the content or the game, but it's entirely over priced for what you are getting with all of the DLC. It is a rip off.

But guess what, I'm still going to get the game.

It's amazing how many people will tear your head off if you say nay about something. If you can just look at it as a whole and evaluate the price vs what you get when all the DLC is purchased there is just no way this game is worth the price tag of it all. I now you are excited about it, but geez, take it easy. I have a feeling some people would pay $300+ for it.

But here's an interesting viewpoint: just purchase the base game and be done with it.

I would spend $20 JUST FOR Pikes Peak!!!

Hahaha, so would I especially adding more areas with it. :D:tup:

@440 Charger
Trust this expention pack @440 Charger. You might have a change of heart about it until you hear more details and even see pictures that are from this pack. It may expend the map of Colorado and probably add Pikes Peak to free roam on and even race on, even add new areas to the map for online/offline.

Have faith in T10, PG and this pack buddy. This pack was maybe still in development for some time now, so it could be a blast everyone will ever experienced rally in Forza for the very first time just by this pack, and having a reasonable price to it. :)

I'm just voicing my disappointment with T10. I'm not trying to come on here cry about it because I can, not at all. My apologies if I came across that way or upset anyone. I'm not criticizing the content or the game, but it's entirely over priced for what you are getting with all of the DLC. It is a rip off.

But guess what, I'm still going to get the game.

It's amazing how many people will tear your head off if you say nay about something. If you can just look at it as a whole and evaluate the price vs what you get when all the DLC is purchased there is just no way this game is worth the price tag of it all. I now you are excited about it, but geez, take it easy. I have a feeling some people would pay $300+ for it.

Why does any DLC have to be purchased in the first place? You don't need the DLC to play the game. Don't get it if you think it's a rip off.

I'm not in a witch hunt with you, let me get that out of the way first. But, thank God you are not into Call Of Duty(assuming) , where maps packs are 15 bucks, you get 4 a year, already doubling the game cost. But let's agree that it keeps the game fresh... it's the same with this... the game has legs, you dont have to get this day one, but it's nice to have the option to extend your game from the get go or until you begin to feel it stagnate. It about options... It's not like you, or anybody, HAS to buy it, but the option is there.

I have friends that like me, have all the Forza series. Some buy the DLC, some not. But when the ones that don't, out of principle, come to my place to have a Forzathon, they always end up oogling about my carlist and end up getting it. It's content, if you know you want it (if you do), and you can do it, get it. You are only limiting the game for you

There really isn't much point in that. Why buy it then? Did you read my other posts? Do you all really think it's worth all this $$$? You must be loaded.

PS, nobody likes a smartelic.

So, I tell you to purchase the base game and be done with it, thus negating the need to purchase any of the add-on content, and your retort is "Why buy it then?"

I'm now convinced that you are whining just to whine.

There really isn't much point in that. Why buy it then? Did you read my other posts? Do you all really think it's worth all this $$$? You must be loaded.

PS, nobody likes a smartelic.

We won't know if it's worth it or not until we know what's in the content. Why complain about something you have no knowledge about?

Wait, so you want the additional content to be free or close to it?

Don't forget to add the much needed, "IMO" to the end of that. Others will feel their purchase was worth it.

The key variable you're not taking into context with the rest of your posts is that we don't know just what is in store. But, you're already on the quick-draw & stating the DLC content isn't worth the money because the game itself is only worth $60 at max. So, as T12 said, buy what you think it's worth & don't buy the DLC since you don't think the game is worth dropping anymore than $60 on.

The petty comebacks can probably stop to. We got it the first time that you think those of us paying more than what you think the game is worth have more money than sense. :rolleyes:

Eh, I'm potentially on that side of the fence... if the monthly DLC turns out to be the FM4 cars I've already paid for. The Month 1 pack, for example, doesn't have much in the way of truly new stuff.

But, there's still many packs to come. So I'm sitting on the idea of buying the Season Pass. Though I definitely understand the perspective; I've already spent $80 on the LCE, and bought every last bit of FM4 DLC. I didn't think we'd get charged in addition to the new game's price for DLC cars that were already DLC cars in FM4. I realize it's a spin-off; but imagine if the Boss 302 wasn't included in FM5, and instead was part of a DLC pack again like FM4?

I just expected more absolute newness with the car packs, like FM4. We'll see what's behind next month's curtain though (and obviously, what sort of goodies await us in the Rally Expansion).

You can argue until you are black and blue in the face.

I've leaned one or two things in my million years on earth: you always have a choice.
Buy it or not, play it or not, buy DLC or not...buy expansion packs or not...

In the end it's up to the individual. Is it not?

You can argue until you are black and blue in the face.

I've leaned one or two things in my million years on earth: you always have a choice.
Buy it or not, play it or not, buy DLC or not...buy expansion packs or not...

In the end it's up to the individual. Is it not?

Exactly, it's not like T10 or PG are holding a gun to your head making you buy the game, DLC or expansions, you do have a choice

If you can just look at it as a whole and evaluate the price vs what you get when all the DLC is purchased there is just no way this game is worth the price tag of it all.
That's highly subjective. I've spend more time with the demo than with some full-price games (Sonic Generations, for example) and am close to the play time I got out of others (Darksiders II). So, for me, the game is definitely worth the price tag, even without the rally pack. Even with just the base game, I'm likely spending twice the time, likely more, with it than with most full-priced games. And that's without considering multiplayer.

Just to emphasize on this: I've spend more than 450 hours with FM4. That's way beyond the amounts of time I invested in any other game, save World of Warcraft. If FH delivers just a quarter of that, it got most other games beat by a mile and a half.

So, of course I'm going to question you when you're coming on here, saying that the game isn't worth the price. Because, frankly, for mit it's definitely going to be worth the price. in comparison to other games, it's probably actually worth the $300. Even Skyrim lost me after about 60 hours, that's a dollar per hour, so to speak. I can drop a hundred dollars on FH (which is about the price of the game + the season pass) and, all things considered, would likely still be better off in terms of investment vs. enjoyable time spend than with most other games.

So, I'll stand by my point: If the base game isn't what you're looking for because it doesn't offer enough, don't buy it. Otherwise, you'll just be sitting here in December, complaining to all of us how the Rally Pack for 20 bucks wasn't enough to make your initial purchase worthwhile.

Andd I can tell already that that isn't going to end well.

After trying FH demo with my CSR elite, CSP and Hshifter, all assists off, and on AI difficulty insane, this game is worth the money. FFB is better then in F4, especially the transition from tarmac to gravel, you really need to fight the car in gravel :-).

I have preorder it for 48€, and it's really great investment. For now I'll be stuck with the base game, as it offers so much to do, but will wait and see what expansion rally has to offer, and possible price drop. PD/T10 did an outstanding job, wheel with 900 deg. works perfectly right from the start, physics is great, it's actually very close to F4. Driving at 270km/h with Viper and weaving through traffic, is pure pleasure. One mistake and you're off spinning :-). This game is like a dream come true for me.

DLC rant:
Problem with this and other day one DLC is the PR thing. IT totally screws your view on DLC. If they kept their mouth shut, and announced it few weeks after the release date, non of this debate about DLC would be discussed, whether it's DLC or expansion pack, but M$ is trying to build the hype more that is needed, and it's backfiring.

One thing that really bothers me, is that loyal fans don't get anything other then unlocked cars from the start. Loyal fans should all get one DLC free or discount on DLC, but this is not just M$ problem, it's with most companies. Acquiring a new customer is far more important then retaining the old customer (us the loyal fans).

All of this is IMHO :-)
Anyway, 26th can get soon enough.

But here's an interesting viewpoint: just purchase the base game and be done with it.
Exactly what I intend to do.

Then, if the game is really good, I'll buy the Expansions Pack/DLC/Season Pass/whatever/however you call it.

But for now, just judging by the demo and what we know so far, I'm not "preordering" incoming DLC for FH. Not that I think the game will be bad. Just that I'm only spending 100 bucks on DLC if the game is pristine. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll have another wonderful Forza game. We'll see.

Edit : And I'm with SlipZtrEm, it seems pretty damn expensive for rehashes from FM4 DLC.

I understand 440's logic, however yes the final decision always comes down to you whether you buy or not, we are all in agreement. What he is trying to say is this:

Take a game like Skyrim for example. That game is MASSIVE, and takes months to beat and complete everything. There is so much to do, and so much content in that game, that the fact it ONLY costs $60 is incredible, the best bang for your buck hands down. Granted, the game took 5 years to make, and I'm sure the next Elder Scrolls won't come out till 2016.

The point being when a game comes out with not as much content as you would expect it to, then a huge chunk gets released a month and a half later for a 1/3 of the price of the original game, you can't help but feel that you've been duped out of a portion of the game that could've been included on disc.

I understand the marketing strategy and all of that nonsense, business is business, and it will always be like that. As I've stated before, I have been waiting for a game like this for YEARS, so I will buy it and enjoy it for what it is, then if I feel I need some extra content to keep it alive, I will probably purchase some DLC down the line at a reduced price, because we all know that will happen.

Folks, what I am trying to say here is, you have your base game, which is $60.00. That's going to come with this expansive free-roam environment, a few hundred cars (not really sure on the final car count) and all of the races, events, tuning, aftermarket parts, music festival, and whatever else the base game includes. There will be a fair amount of content in the base version of the game, right? Albeit, it's just stuff transferred over from FM4. So that's $60.00, cool, great, grand.

We have the Rally Expansion Pack priced at $20.00. I know we don't know exactly what that's going to include, but it sounds like it's going to be an additional section of free-roam area that may or may not be the same size as the base section of the map. It's going to have some bigger jumps and more surface types. There will probably be 15-20 more cars. Cool, that's awesome and great.

Then we have car packs and incentives for buying limited editions of the game and all of these other promotions. Included in all of this are probably between 50-75 additional cars. I don't know what the final car count will be, whether they are totally new cars or not. If someone knows and can give me the exact car count feel free to correct me. We the customers are probably going to end up paying upwards of $50-$60, maybe more, to have all of these car packs.

So to outline that again:
$60.00 for the base game, which includes lots of cars, large environment, lots of races, physics, tuning, aftermarket parts, storyline, online racing, rivalries, livery editor, and whatever else comes with it. Plenty.

$70.00 - $80.00 for all of the DLC, which will include an expanded and somewhat different racing surfaced environment, some extra races, 75 more cars (maybe), and... that's it?

Is the value of the DLC really more than the value of the base game? Do you really think this game is going to more-than-double it's content and value with all of the DLC? I know we will have to wait and see what the DLC really is, but I am pretty skeptical that it's going to be the entire Forza Horizon game plus 10% more. I mean, just think about it. You are paying for more than two whole games there.

If you are totally in love with this game and are buying the DLC no matter how much it costs, then great, why spend the time to comment back with me. I'm sorry if you think I am whining, but I, personally, am tired of T10 taking advantage of myself, as well as you all. The DLC is just not a good value when you look at it in detail.

And stop telling me that I don't have to buy the DLC. I know I don't have to buy the DLC. I don't need you all to make that clear to me. I know T10 is not holding a gun to my head, making me buy the DLC. I am in complete agreement with you all that if I, personally, don't think the DLC is a good value then I don't have to buy it. Give me a break here people. I just want you to think twice about it before throwing your (or your parent's) hard-earned cash out the window for something that's not worth the price tag. T10 is laughing it all the way to the bank with you people.

Although I'm mostly in agreement with ShawtyoneR here, I don't think you can just say the DLC is X% of the base price of the game and compare the content (in this case more than 100% of the base price for a lower amount of content).

This thinking is not invalid. It's just incomplete. DLC is a way to keep the game "fresh" for months. If you feel this is a good idea to renew your interest in the game, then the price to content ratio doesn't really matter. What I mean is, it may be expensive, but you don't have to pay for it. If you find it's an (un)acceptable price for the content offered, then great. But you can't just compare x bucks vs. y cars, because you're not buying a whole new game. You're buying additional content for a game you like because you think you'll have more fun with it.

I don't mean price doesn't matter. It does. What I mean is you can't just make a car to buck ratio comparison. It doesn't really make sense. With DLC, you're not buying content as much as you are buying additional fun with the game. And this cannot be quantified in a simple way, because you can't put a sensible value on fun.

HBK
Although I'm mostly in agreement with ShawtyoneR here, I don't think you can just say the DLC is X% of the base price of the game and compare the content (in this case more than 100% of the base price for a lower amount of content).

This thinking is not invalid. It's just incomplete. DLC is a way to keep the game "fresh" for months. If you feel this is a good idea to renew your interest in the game, then the price to content ratio doesn't really matter. What I mean is, it may be expensive, but you don't have to pay for it. If you find it's an (un)acceptable price for the content offered, then great. But you can't just compare x bucks vs. y cars, because you're not buying a whole new game. You're buying additional content for a game you like because you think you'll have more fun with it.

I don't mean price doesn't matter. It does. What I mean is you can't just make a car to buck ratio comparison. It doesn't really make sense. With DLC, you're not buying content as much as you are buying additional fun with the game. And this cannot be quantified in a simple way, because you can't put a sensible value on fun.

And I totally and absolutely 100% agree with the part about how you can't put a price on fun. But you can put a car-dollar ration on it. You can do that all day long.

Still doesn't change my opinion however. I know it's only my opinion.

That's right, "IMO".

Back