Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Erm...didn't they say in the video that the rewind feature is there for lower difficulty levels, along with the racing line etc?

Erm...didn't they say in the video that the rewind feature is there for lower difficulty levels, along with the racing line etc?
Exactly. As I stated above in post #178, its main focus for this feature was for beginners to the simulation series. You dont have to use this if you dont want to. And also as I stated above, if you use it your times will not count on the leaderboards. Plus this feature cant be used for online racing. Most people do not like simulation games because they require a long learning curve of tuning vehicles and usually are not user friendly. This is the answer to that along with the auto braking and auto tuning feature that Forza 3 added.

I wonder how realistic the game will be in full sim mode. will some cars require blipping/healtoeing for the best results when downshifting aggressively in Full sim mode? will upshifting require the clutch to be pressed down? etc.

I wonder how realistic the game will be in full sim mode. will some cars require blipping/healtoeing for the best results when downshifting aggressively in Full sim mode? will upshifting require the clutch to be pressed down? etc.

No, Forza is a arcade. The gameplay video of FM3 showed this once again. The 997 GT2 they were driving had unreal amounts of grip, despite being driven by a spanner. I doubt the clutch/pedals will need require any finesse or skill.

No, Forza is a arcade. The gameplay video of FM3 showed this once again. The 997 GT2 they were driving had unreal amounts of grip, despite being driven by a spanner. I doubt the clutch/pedals will need require any finesse or skill.

:confused: Forza is a sim game, it might have element of it that make it less of a hardcore sim but it's a sim never the less. The video with the cars doing the slides and stuff what just to emulate what Forza players have been doing since the game came out on YouTube videos.

And I assume you've driven a GT2 enough so you can tell how realistic the grip is from a couple second video clip.

I see they STILL have the idiotic time penalty system. Other than that I can't wait to get my hands on this and GT5 and GTM...

yeah that interview made this game look really really good. IDK I may have to get a 360. Just sucks that the G25 does not work with it. MS :(

Moglet posted this in a now closed thread:

Moglet
The interview is about new features and improvements, not the video.

The video is called 'Community at play Teaser Movie';
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/med...tm#/video/114/

"An example of the types of creative ways the Forza Community will play the game."
Am I the only one who is laghing my butt off after watching that video? I mean it seems they're trying to prove that Forza Motorsport 3 is going to be the most unrealistic arcade racer (or stunt game for that matter) ever! :lol:

I sound like such a fanboy right now, but I really think I have the right to sound like one after watching that...

Once again, as stated before numerous times by numerous people, the sole point of the stunt video was to show what people have already been doing since the first Forza.

Moglet posted this in a now closed thread:

Am I the only one who is laghing my butt off after watching that video? I mean it seems they're trying to prove that Forza Motorsport 3 is going to be the most unrealistic arcade racer (or stunt game for that matter) ever! :lol:

I sound like such a fanboy right now, but I really think I have the right to sound like one after watching that...

You see those two massive balls in your skull? They are your eyes. You use them to read things. Including the post I made in the same thread that explained how it was NOT an ingame video and didn't represent the physics that will be used in the game.

Please use some intelligence next time you post. Don't go making wild, sweeping statements.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, listen to that Porsche! :drool:

You see those two massive balls in your skull? They are your eyes. You use them to read things. Including the post I made in the same thread that explained how it was NOT an ingame video and didn't represent the physics that will be used in the game.

Please use some intelligence next time you post. Don't go making wild, sweeping statements.
Ok, easy... I'm so sorry then. I did know it wasn't game play, I'm not that stupid, believe it or not. Just thought it was a funny video.

I think Forza 3 biggeest downfall is that it only supports 8 cars for multiplayer racing and from what I've seen so far, in single player mode as well. I agree that right now it's very hard to get a decent lag free races with 16 cars online (although I've had some pretty decent 16 car races in Prologue) but the reason to limit to only 8 car grid is probably stem from the hardware. Turn 10, like PD always choose 60 fps which I agree is the best choice especially for a "sim" racer but seeing that the graphics in Forza 3 is more than adequate especially the environment (3d trees etc.), for me it would have been wiser to downgrade the graphics a bit and support at least 12 cars on track. But that's just me.
Even then 12 is still short of what is now the industry norm especially when even Race Pro supports up to 16 cars both SP and MP. And not to mention the upcoming NFS:Shift and most probably Codemasters' F1 racer and GRID 2.

Last edited:
I have to admit I like a few things about Forza 3. Tyre deformation, the fact that the LSD works (car doesn't accelerate perfactly straight as in GT5P) and how the AI seem to work.

I facepalmed at the car selection menu though. They way the car is shown in the menu, is almost spot on GT5P. ;)

Lighten up a tad, there.

From the look of things, the following cars are also in the game:

Dodge Challenge SRT-8
Lotus Evora

FM3 is looking to be pretty awesome. I like the new mountain track.

GT5 would probably top FM3 for me if I had a wheel, but as it is they both look to have their own strengths.

They made a good point about the rewind feature:

With Race Rewind, a driver could simply rewind the practice lap to just before the braking point for a particular corner, and repeat it over and over until they found the best braking, turn-in, clipping or track out point. That will make for a fantastic learning tool — even if it was really meant to keep more casual racers in the hunt for a trophy.

That is a very good use. Drifters will also find very good use for this feature.

This however is not good news:

Endor gaming’s CEO Thomas Jackermeier told SimHQ that the Xbox 360 Fanatec wheel should be on the market this Fall

;)

Another good review and vid.
http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_090d.html

If these guys like the game its got to be pretty good.
Looks somehow strange if you ask me, not the graphics, but the gameplay in general. Either the guy driving is a n00b, or the game doesn't work well with the wheel. You see it's very unsmooth, and if you wouldn't see the guy sitting behind the wheel in the beginning, you'd think it's played with a controller. I mean, I use the SIXAXIS for GT5P, but I'm still 10 times smoother than that! :rolleyes:

What's more, the physics seems really arcadish and very easy. Ok, it might be in some sort of beginner mode (as the 'Standard Physics' featured in GT5P), but still looks kind of wrong.

Sorry for saying it looks like an arcade game, but I really think it does. It's not just something I say to defend GT5.

These are just my opinions though!

Probably doesn't work all that well with a wheel, although a lot of games do the same thing with a wheel. Lots of jerky motions. That shouldn't really be a huge deciding factor on a game, if you are spending the time looking at the steering wheel and not at the race in front of your...you are doing it wrong.

How can you really make an accurate statement on the physics? If you haven't played it then you have no real way to tell. At least with GT5 we can assume the physics engine will be similar to that of GT5:P and can make a better educated guess on how the thing will play. But based on the information at hand the Forza team redid the physics engine, so we don't have anything to go on.

Also I'm still failing to see how people think this is an arcade game, Burnout is an arcade game and this looks nothing like that. Sure that one video showed some hoonage, but that's been covered. Based on the reports from the media that are coming in, it doesn't really appear to be an arcade game at all, and I'm going to go on information from people who've actually played a pre-production copy.

heh, only 8 cars? thats unfortunate.

Actually, when you're online, eight is often more than enough with the way some people drive. Cranking everything up to their highest level of realism, turning off ALL the aids, and locking all the players in the in-car-view setup will make for interesting races in the right room(s)... Death wishes in others.

Considering that it (FM3) will include the majority of the cars I want, in a environment that I'm familiar with, and will be adding a new sense of depth to a franchise I love - I'm all about it. I really am beginning to see FM3 and GT5 on two separate levels. One where the Forza guys want to get to the very pure experience of hardcore racing, while the GT clan is looking to expose you to everything under the sun when it comes to racing.

I like both, for different reasons, and quite frankly this pissing contests people are having between the games just end up making both sides look a little less credible. They're both going to be wonderful games, on two separate platforms, that are going to be catering to a very large "base" in their own right. The true racing fans will play both, enjoy them, and take each for what they are - top notch racing titles that continue to push the limits of their respective platforms.

EDIT:

This Fanatec wheel looks absolutely amazing. Ripping around in the ZR1 with the six-speed stick is going to be awesome, and having to clutch it will add an entirely new feeling to the game. It looked like clutching will be part of NFS: Shift as well, which should be interesting too.

This is the only thing preventing me from getting a 360 and FM3. I just can't afford a Fanatec wheel, a 360 and FM3. Thats $360 for the 360 and FM3 + $50 for live + between $330 and $400 for the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel ($400 is the pure edition w/ the CS pedals). Thats between $770 - 900 when you factor in tax. No game is worth that. Even if I had a 360 it would still be too much ($470-$600 /- $50 if you have live). A PS3 $400 + a DFGT $109+ GT5 $60 is a little under $600. This changes greatly if you already have a PS3, only $180. The cost is just not worth it people, you CAN wait.

Probably doesn't work all that well with a wheel, although a lot of games do the same thing with a wheel. Lots of jerky motions. That shouldn't really be a huge deciding factor on a game, if you are spending the time looking at the steering wheel and not at the race in front of your...you are doing it wrong.

How can you really make an accurate statement on the physics? If you haven't played it then you have no real way to tell. At least with GT5 we can assume the physics engine will be similar to that of GT5:P and can make a better educated guess on how the thing will play. But based on the information at hand the Forza team redid the physics engine, so we don't have anything to go on.

Also I'm still failing to see how people think this is an arcade game, Burnout is an arcade game and this looks nothing like that. Sure that one video showed some hoonage, but that's been covered. Based on the reports from the media that are coming in, it doesn't really appear to be an arcade game at all, and I'm going to go on information from people who've actually played a pre-production copy.
I'm just being honest, telling you what my impressions and thoughts are. I'm fully aware that I may be wrong (I probably am) with my statements.

With 'arcadish' I didn't mean the same as Burnout (that's hardcore!). :lol:

I'm telling you. My respect for Forza 3 has increased maybe about 100% today! I went from saying to myself it's a poor joke which stands no chance against anything, to actually starting to believe it will kick some butt. But I still think the little we've seen of GT5 seems way more promising and more of a race sim than Forza 3. Sorry, but that's my opinion...

This is the only thing preventing me from getting a 360 and FM3. I just can't afford a Fanatec wheel, a 360 and FM3. Thats $360 for the 360 and FM3 + $50 for live + between $330 and $400 for the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel ($400 is the pure edition w/ the CS pedals). Thats between $770 - 900 when you factor in tax. No game is worth that. Even if I had a 360 it would still be too much ($470-$600 /- $50 if you have live). A PS3 $400 + a DFGT $109+ GT5 $60 is a little under $600. This changes greatly if you already have a PS3, only $180. The cost is just not worth it people, you CAN wait.

Logitech had a pretty good wheel set that came out for the 360 late last year I believe, which would likely suit your needs. My guess is that Fanatec, or Microsoft, or whomever will debut a new wheel in time for the game that is a bit more on the "affordable" side - likely around $100-150. Honestly, its not a huge jump from the investment required for a PS3 at that point, assuming that it does happen.

Back