Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Meh, graphics are a minor step up, and the whole game sounds a bit arcadey. I mean, rewind feature...WTF? Between GT4 and GT5 coming out, we will have had Forza 2 and Forza 3. You can take that fact one of two ways - either PD is just being lazy, or, they are actually putting some real effort into the game. I know where my money is going.

My problem with Forza is no G25 support. I'm not gonna buy another wheel just for one game, obviously for the cash, but even more for the waste of space of having another piece of plastic around.

Other than that I'd buy it, even if it's no GT5P in graphics, but still would be worth my cash.

Is there a complete car list yet?

Not yet, there will be more news over the week then again on the 12th but I doubt a car list will be published for a while yet.

Graphic is wicked.

Awesome pictures, nice videos. I've never played Forza before, so tell me guys, is FM2 better game than GT5p? Or any other comparing GT game?

Well, it depends on what you like. If you like modding cars, then yes, If you like sound quality, then yes. If you like all the cars to feel the same, then yes.

10826268622.jpg

3 screen support and confirmed clutch support.

I think it's like that due to the perspective of the picture taken, if you were to stand in the middle it would probably be fine all round. I doubt they would get it that wrong.

Well, it depends on what you like. If you like modding cars, then yes, If you like sound quality, then yes. If you like all the cars to feel the same, then yes.

Yeah, I stepped straight out of the 200bhp FWD Civic and into a 1000bhp RWD Koenigsegg and they felt the same. Couldn't tell the difference. :rolleyes:

So far this game has the upper hand on the following;
-Release date
-Damage
-Sound
-Fun factor
-Modifications/livery

GT5 will have to pull something awesome out of the hat very soon! I'm going to guess that the online play will be better in FM3 too, going by the previous offerings on the PSN and it's HUGE lack of proper party support.

I'll still be buying both, mind.

I am truly beginning to think that Forza might be the reason GT5 keeps getting delayed. Each Forza game that has come out starting with Forza 1 has raised the bar with innovative ideas. Forza 1 was a good start, then Forza 2, and now Forza 3 all before GT5 is released. Its going to take a lot for GT5 to truly top Forza 2. We know the graphics in GT5 will be outstanding but thats not going to matter if the content isnt there to back the rest of the game up. Forza always had the content while GT always had the graphics. Now they are both right up there in the same league in almost every category.

I still plan on buying GT5 and Forza 3 but this is going to be an interresting and very close battle between the 2 games. Each game will still have its advantages and disadvantages but I have been truly shocked with how much Forza 3 has improved over Forza 2. Simply amazing and not just the graphics. Looks like everything has been improved. They truly listened to the community while making Forza 3. :)

Yeah, I stepped straight out of the 200bhp FWD Civic and into a 1000bhp RWD Koenigsegg and they felt the same. Couldn't tell the difference. :rolleyes:

So far this game has the upper hand on the following;
-Release date
-Damage
-Sound
-Fun factor
-Modifications/livery

GT5 will have to pull something awesome out of the hat very soon! I'm going to guess that the online play will be better in FM3 too, going by the previous offerings on the PSN and it's HUGE lack of proper party support.

I'll still be buying both, mind.
Little early for fun factor, mate. ;)

Reventón;3413372

Well yeah, I'm only going from previous games. Driving a high powered car in FM2 was always miles more fun than in GT4 for me.

Unless GT5 can provide me with decent, close online racing without little kids shunting you off at every corner, FM3 has the upper hand instantly.

Forza 3 wont have kids shunting like every other racing games?

I've never encountered shunters in the Forza series, for some reason. But XBL will make it easier for me to filter them out.

I meant more in general gameplay though, hence my post edit. If you accelerate hard in a high powered car in Forza the tyres will heat realistically and grip realistically so you wheelspin like a madman, often off to one side, and end up fighting for control of the car.

In GT4 the car just moves forwards slowly with that horrible excuse for a tyre screech sound effect playing. No tire marks are left, smoke is minimal and the car never lurches for grip or pulls violently as it would in real life. We all know that huge burnouts are fun! ;)

Forza 1, Forza 2, and Forza 3 all have the option to disable collisions, damage, or anything else online to prevent people from shunting you off the track. You can also kick people from the lobby that do this.

Reventón;3413372

It's all really a matter of what your tastes are, but judging by those videos it looks like you'll be able to have quite a bit of fun in the game.

I'm going to assume GT5 will be just like GT5:P, just much bigger in scale. Frankly I didn't really find GT5:P to have a fun factor about it, more of a straight up racing sim. Actually I found GT5:P to be pretty boring. It looked great and had decent physics, but past that there wasn't much in the way of depth or stuff to keep me coming back for more...which is why I offloaded GT5:P to buy something else.

Like I said, with Forza I can buy cheap econoboxes or sport compacts and turn them into worthy racers. That's what I want and that's what will keep me coming back for more. I just hope they have decent DLC this time around to keep it interesting for longer. Something along the lines of how Burnout has done it would be nice.

Forza 1, Forza 2, and Forza 3 all have the option to disable collisions, damage, or anything else online to prevent people from shunting you off the track. You can also kick people from the lobby that do this.

All standard options, GT5 should have them too.

Barring GT5 actually has damage in it. As far as I know nothing has been confirmed one way or another about it. Hopefully we will learn more in the Sony press conference.

I hope so, as I will still be buying it along with FM3. They are standard options in any racing game these days.

But then so are reverse lights, damage and tyre marks :lol:

That may be, but that doesn't mean kids won't try, which is Jay's point. Every game will have people attempting to shunt, FM3 included.

Reventón;3413397
That may be, but that doesn't mean kids won't try, which is Jay's point. Every game will have people attempting to shunt, FM3 included.
I understand that, but at least the Forza series allows you to do something about it. You can set a race up from the beginning with no collisions. This means there will be no contact between any of the racers which means their cars will not damage yours if you dont want that option. Then if you find a room of clean racers you can turn the damage and collisions on. Or simply turn off collision but allow damage. This means people cant hit each others cars but you can still damage your car if you hit a wall.

Like others have said these are standard options that GT5 MUST have to make the online enjoyable. Forza had these options in Forza 1 then improved in F2 and even better in F3. These are only a couple features. You should see everything the Forza series lets you do online. Quite overwhelming and way too much to list.

This is great news for everyone because hopefully GT5 can use some of the features and options from Forza and put that into GT5. These 2 gams competing is a win win situation for all of us.

Reventón;3413143
Too bad that was all CGI.

What exactly has been released that's more than GT?

The only new things I've seen is a release date, the new graphics, new tracks, & new cars. What else is there that hasn't been released by GT?
Sorry, what HAS been released about the full game? Can you please link me to the screenshots? the video? a release date?

Prologue doesn't count as things will change from Prologue to the full game. So far the only thing we know is what we assume from Prologue and by word of mouth which is nowhere near official.

Don't get me wrong I love the GT series and as my sig says will buy a PS3 when it comes out. However that doesn't take away the fact that PD has been nothing short of horrible with the way they have conducted their PR.

Sorry, what HAS been released about the full game? Can you please link me to the screenshots? the video? a release date?

Prologue doesn't count as things will change from Prologue to the full game. So far the only thing we know is what we assume from Prologue and by word of mouth which is nowhere near official.

Prologue does count, sorry. That's why it's called GT5:Prologue. Last I checked, Prologue means the preface & setup to a story. In this case, Prologue is setting up GT5 will look, feel, & play. Thus, it does count as Gran Turismo 5 information.

Reventón;3413478
Prologue does count, sorry. That's why it's called GT5:Prologue. Last I checked, Prologue means the preface & setup to a story. In this case, Prologue is setting up GT5 will look, feel, & play. Thus, it does count as Gran Turismo 5 information.
No it DOESN'T or else GT4 would have had online like GT4P did. Even if you feel like taking it that way there will still be differences between the two.

Until there is a screenshot saying "This is from the FULL GT5 game" there is 0 information about the full game.

No it DOESN'T or else GT4 would have had online like GT4P did. Even if you feel like taking it that way there will still be differences between the two.

Until there is a screenshot saying "This is from the FULL GT5 game" there is 0 information about the full game.
That was probably one of the most insulting moments in gaming history. GT4 was delayed over and over again for almost a year and a half.....and still did not have online play. Direct slap to the face for GT fans. :ouch:

Nope, there won't just like there weren't between GT4:P & GT4 (I do not re-call online even being in GT4:P either). However, online did make it to GT4 as a special edition for the Asian markets.

From Kazunori's own words, he released GT4:P as a sampler for GT4 because of it being pushed back. A sampler. Sample=A portion of something.
Sorry, you're wrong again. GT5:P is Gran Turismo 5 in a small form. Polyphony isn't going to release a screenshot of GT5 and say, "This is Gran Turismo 5!" when it looks exactly like GT5:P. You'll know it's Gran Turismo 5 when it shows a feature, car, or track, not seen in GT5:P.

Everything in GT5:P is just 5 environments & 70+/- cars taken directly from Gran Turismo 5 with new online play. It has basically already set the gameplay for GT5, and all we're doing is waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to expand the cars & tracks, and the features restricted from GT5:P.

BTW, if there is 0 information, why do I know that the cars from GT5:P will be in GT5? Or that Eiger, Suzuka, Daytona, Fuji, London, and even Top Gear Test Track will be in GT5? Because GT5:P is revealing that information b/c, oh my, it's running on Gran Turismo 5's engine.

You know it's GT5 when even the haters call it nothing more than an overpriced demo of Gran Turismo 5.

Edit*
Even disregarding GT5:P, I still found information on GT5 directly from this forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/weather-changes-night-racing-in-gran-turismo-5/

Yep, we have 0 information....

Last edited:
Sorry but until the OFFICIAL car list is out by Polyphony you have NO IDEA what will be in the full game. This goes for tracks as well, all we have so far like I said is what you can base of off of Prologue and word of mouth, neither of which is a credible source to what is in the full game.

Back