Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Sorry but until the OFFICIAL car list is out by Polyphony you have NO IDEA what will be in the full game. This goes for tracks as well, all we have so far like I said is what you can base of off of Prologue and word of mouth, neither of which is a credible source to what is in the full game.
You're telling me Gran Turismo 5: Prologue isn't a credible source as to what will be in GT5 just because the car list hasn't been shown? :lol:

You couldn't be anymore clueless. :lol:

Reventón;3413528
You're telling me Gran Turismo 5: Prologue isn't a credible source as to what will be in GT5 just because the car list hasn't been shown? :lol:

Personal attack much?

GT5:P can be used as a source to a degree, but it doesn't really reflect how GT5 proper will be. GT5:P is more or less a giant beta. There will be changes.

** I think you are missing what he is saying too, from what I gather he's saying there isn't really any confirmed info on GT5 proper yet so it's hard to tell what will exactly be in the game. Sure we can assume the GT5:P's content will make it but it's not a guarantee.

Personal attack much?

GT5:P can be used as a source to a degree, but it doesn't really reflect how GT5 proper will be. GT5:P is more or less a giant beta. There will be changes.
I'm calling it like I see it. That was clueless logic that a game that is used as taste for the full game wasn't a credible source. That's actually as credible as it gets, even more than the words coming from Kaz's mouth.
Even classifying it as a beta is a way of calling it a preview/demo/sample.

And I do consider the cars & tracks as confirmed info. Why spend the time (which is supposed to be "very long") developing certain cars & tracks only to remove them from GT5? Doesn't make any kind of sense.

Reventón;3413539
I'm calling it like I see it. That was clueless logic that a game that is used as taste for the full game wasn't a credible source. That's actually as credible as it gets, even more than the words coming from Kaz's mouth.
Even classifying it as a beta is a way of calling it a preview/demo/sample.

And I do consider the cars & tracks as confirmed info. Why spend the time (which is supposed to be "very long") developing certain cars & tracks only to remove them from GT5? Doesn't make any kind of sense.

You are still personally attacking him with is in violation of the AUP, it was unneeded and uncalled for. I could make a comment based on how you are posting, but I won't because it's not relevant to the discussion at hand. Just because you don't agree with what he's saying does not make him clueless.

And there could be numerous reasons to why we may not see GT5:P content in GT5 proper. License issues being one of them. It's a safe bet that a lot of content from GT5:P will make it into GT5, but it's not a fact or confirmed information. Until something comes out it's all just speculation.

You are still personally attacking him with is in violation of the AUP, it was unneeded and uncalled for. I could make a comment based on how you are posting, but I won't because it's not relevant to the discussion at hand. Just because you don't agree with what he's saying does not make him clueless.
Go back and re-read his post. GT5:P, a game/demo/beta of GT5 is not a credible source for what will be in GT5. That was his logic. That is an absolute asinine thinking for any game, I don't care who you are.

And there could be numerous reasons to why we may not see GT5:P content in GT5 proper. License issues being one of them. It's a safe bet that a lot of content from GT5:P will make it into GT5, but it's not a fact or confirmed information. Until something comes out it's all just speculation.
I highly doubt licensing issues will become a problem for any of the cars in GT5:P considering Polyphony needed to have them to show them off in Prologue in the first place.

Reventón;3413553
Go back and re-read his post. GT5:P, a game/demo/beta of GT5 is not a credible source for what will be in GT5. That was his logic. That is an absolute asinine thinking for any game, I don't care who you are.

I did, and I understand what he is saying. Just because something is in GT5:P does not mean it will be in GT5 proper. It is a safe bet to assume that it will be but since we don't have a confirmation on anything yet, we can't say for sure. You can't present GT5:P as fact for what will be in the finished product of GT5.

That is my point. And I think we can be done with this since it's drifting off topic.

I did, and I understand what he is saying. Just because something is in GT5:P does not mean it will be in GT5 proper. It is a safe bet to assume that it will be but since we don't have a confirmation on anything yet, we can't say for sure. You can't present GT5:P as fact for what will be in the finished product of GT5.

That is my point. And I think we can be done with this since it's drifting off topic.
Sorry, but I will never see that kind of thinking as anything remotely logical. A game set as a "demo" for the full game that doesn't have any content from the demo makes zero sense in the demo/beta itself.
That's pretty much asking, "Why would I bother playing the demo for Forza 3 to see if I like it, if none of what I'm playing may actually be in the game?" There's just no common sense in wasting that kind of time.

Edit*
BUT, changing the subject as requested, I too, would like to know where Porsche is. It's obvious the Debut Trailer (& nearly everything else shown) had supercars as its stars, but it appears that not even a 911 GT2 was brought in. I find that a bit strange as the Debut Trailer also (coincidentally) had a few of FM2's DLC cars included.

Last edited:
Its plenty logical. GT5P came out, what, a year ago? GT5 in almost a year... so your "demo" is 2 years prior to the actual game.

A lot changes in 2 years on a game, down to the very core things such as physics and graphics. Not to mention all the other "supposed" features of GT5 such as weather changes, day/night cycles and damage. Its easy to separate GT5P from GT5 because of the huge amount of time and features separating them.

If PD kept updating GT5P to bring it closer to GT5 then I'd be agreeing with you Rev. But at the moment they could be seen as two completely different games. Features from a demo released 2 years prior to the main game can not be used as evidence of the final game anymore than FM2 can be used as evidence as to what FM3 will offer given its released less than 2 and a half years later.

The life cycle between FM2 and FM3 is pretty much the same as that between GT5P and GT5.

If PD kept updating GT5P to bring it closer to GT5 then I'd be agreeing with you Rev. But at the moment they could be seen as two completely different games. Features from a demo released 2 years prior to the main game can not be used as evidence of the final game anymore than FM2 can be used as evidence as to what FM3 will offer given its released less than 2 and a half years later.
Last I checked, they did keep updating a 2 year old "demo", with these updates bringing High Speed Ring & 3 new cars, all content that are sure to be in GT5. Sounds like it's bringing it closer to me.

Perhaps my post was a bit unclear. I already own a G25, which is why I said I'm not buying a new wheel unless its massively better than the G25. The porsche wheel, from reviews I've read, is about on par with the G25. I'm not spending that much money to buy a new wheel that's "on par" with my G25.

I'll spend the $500 to buy an xbox 360 and Forza 3, not gonna spend close to $1000 to get an xbox 360, forza 3 AND a wheel which is on par with my current one.

Thats fair, Im in the same boat I have the G25 as well and it would have been great if it was supported on both the 360 and PS3.

I just built a new gaming PC so I sim race on that now but at the time I agree, PS3 is still the best racing platform (for counsol). I just didnt know if you knew the 911x wheel was on the 360 now.

I mean, rewind feature...WTF?

I take it you haven't played GRID yet. What seems like a strange idea is absolutely brilliant, possibly one of the best things to come to racing games in years.

Reventón;3413628
Last I checked, they did keep updating a 2 year old "demo", with these updates bringing High Speed Ring & 3 new cars, all content that are sure to be in GT5. Sounds like it's bringing it closer to me.

Well I guess its all subjective then. I consider 3 cars and a track to be nothing remotely meaningful. Its simply an update to an old game, not an indication of what will be in the next one. If they added something like damage or day/night cycles or even several tracks and cars (not just 1 tracks and 3 cars) then I'd consider GT5P to be more than sufficient to take the place of news and screenshots of the true GT5.

I take it you haven't played GRID yet. What seems like a strange idea is absolutely brilliant, possibly one of the best things to come to racing games in years.

I have......

and no.....

Absolutely not.

;)

See, I completely disagree. I play GRID on the higher difficulty settings where you only get a couple of the "resets," and to be honest, they really come in handy when you make one stupid mistake that costs you an entire race on the last lap. I really don't think that its anything against the game in general. The physics and graphics are top-notch, I think the team management is awesome, and you really feel rewarded as you play through it.

If Turn 10 wants to take FM3 in the GRID direction, I'm all for it.

=-=-=-=-=

From Autoblog:

forza3trailervideo2.jpg

Ahh, yes. We've been waiting a long time for this. Microsoft Game Studios and Turn 10 Studios have announced that the third rendition of the Forza Motorsport franchise is coming soon, and from the looks of it, there will be plenty to rejoice over. Forza 3 promises to be even more of an evolution than the previous installment, and the developers appear to have addressed the improvements we were hoping to see in the new version. Graphics are massively improved, with ten times the amount of polygons used than Forza 2, and each car has been greatly detailed including interiors which were left out previously.

Car selection is excellent (more than 400 from 50 manufacturers), as we expected, and the game's stable has been updated with new supercars like the Aston Martin DBS and the Audi R8 V10 that is featured on the cover. Perhaps the most exciting news is the availability of over 100 real-world tracks, significantly more than the meager selection in Forza 2. Also new is a "season mode" that creates a personalized racing calendar with more than 200 events including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events.

Of course, many of the features that we loved in Forza 2 have remained, including the fantastic multiplayer mode on Xbox Live, the numerous tuning options, and the ability to create infinitely custom liveries in the paint shop.

The only bad news is the wait. Forza 3 will officially go on sale in October of this year, with a price of $59.99, or $79.99 for the Limited Collector's Edition).

I didn't know about the new "season mode" deal. Having the different events is going to make playing a bit more interesting, particularly with the inclusion of Drift and Drag as main components of the game.

See, I completely disagree. I play GRID on the higher difficulty settings where you only get a couple of the "resets," and to be honest, they really come in handy when you make one stupid mistake that costs you an entire race on the last lap. I really don't think that its anything against the game in general. The physics and graphics are top-notch, I think the team management is awesome, and you really feel rewarded as you play through it.

If Turn 10 wants to take FM3 in the GRID direction, I'm all for it.

I played the GRID demo on PC and couldn't stand it, I hope FM3 doesn't try to follow in GRIDs footsteps. If they do, there'll be 0% chance I'll get it :P The cars felt floaty, the graphics were way too overbaked with filters (overkill on the HDR much?) and on a whole it felt very arcadish, and the rewind feature just made it feel more arcady.

EDIT: My biggest concern with Forza 3 is the "drift" aspect. Drifting properly is really hard, so games usually dumb down the physics so people can drift competitively. Hopefully with physics set to max its still a realistic sim.

Last edited:
Because Forza came to the next-gen party before GT, it's a bit tough to tell if FM3 is any real difference to FM2. I still have yet to really study FM3 to make a real conclusion about this deal.

Reventón;3413528

Play nice, son. :grumpy:

So F3 was ahead for like a day. GT5 uped the game by getting 2 major series licenses(NASCAR & WRC), plus they already basically have the JGTC and a large amount of LMS cars.

I will still get F3 but GT5 just took it's place back on top.

Well, minus the fact they didn't tell us anything about a release date (likely 2010 now, I'm guessing). I'll take my FM3 for the interim, thanks.

^^^They didnt tell us anything. Maybe after seeing Forza3 they decided to wait till TGS to Tell us anything about it. Seems they are pushing GTM. Forza 3 looks nice.

If Turn 10 wants to take FM3 in the GRID direction, I'm all for it..
Difference is Brad, GRID goes for arcade racing, while FM3 is shooting for realism.

I just don't see any sort of realism in allowing a racing sim to let people "rewind time" because of a mistake. If this is a sim, then I would expect the sim. make you live with the accident.

EDIT: My biggest concern with Forza 3 is the "drift" aspect. Drifting properly is really hard, so games usually dumb down the physics so people can drift competitively. Hopefully with physics set to max its still a realistic sim.

Agreed. (back at ya :sly:)

I'll be frank... I enjoy drifting. Those of you who were around in the GT3/GT4 days will know that. However, I am not happy that PD included a drift mode in the GT series. You can drift just fine without a special mode for it. Especially one that is scored so inaccurately. Again, Forza has always been a fun game to drift in with friends (albeit floaty unresponsive drifting). I think the inclusion of a special mode for it cheapens the experience, and as you said, more often than not includes dumbed down physics to make it easier for the majority.

I would be all for Turn 10, and PD, releasing separate drift focused games (although I probably wouldn't play them :sly:). Forza and GT need to stick to "Racing", in it's various forms.

;)

With Forza 3 and GT5 which will undoubtely be major hits on their respective support, I think Need ofr speed shift is gonna have some rough competition :lol::lol:

After seeing the teasers from GT5, I'm impressed with what they are doing, however I think Forza 3 will still be an awesome game to play while waiting around for GT5. I'm guessing GT5 is now a 2010 release and will probably have numerous push-backs like it always does. I just hope Forza doesn't get pushed back because that would be lame, although I guess it's better than releasing a buggy game.

I mean, rewind feature...WTF?
Then dont use it! Seriously. Is the pause button not worth using either? Its a feature and if you dont like it dont use it. It is a helpful feature for people new to simulation games so then can enjoy them more and it makes it a little more user friendly.
Besides it has already been stated that if you use this feature your lap times will not show up as "certified". Any assist you use will show up on the leaderboards. It also cant be used online. I cant even comprehend someone complaining about this.

Some people don't want to use it but can't fight the temptation when something goes wrong I bet.

Back